Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 07-29-2011, 01:33 AM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Oh come on Caddy. Just because it's considered one of the best movies of all time, doesn't mean I have to like it.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
-San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat View Post
Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.
Ness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2011, 01:44 AM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ness View Post
Oh come on Caddy. Just because it's considered one of the best movies of all time, doesn't mean I have to like it.

Caddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2011, 01:56 AM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Saw The Thing for the first time. Not bad.
Quote:
American Beauty is really unsettling. Can't say I feel sorry for any of those folks. Don't think I'm watching this ever again. At least not by desire.
Quote:
How many of you guys liked Taxi Driver? I saw it the other night and I'm quite indifferent about it. It was alright, but I don't understand why it's considered one of the best movies ever made. I'm guessing it's not for everyone. Seems like a character study. There isn't really a plot, and I guess that's fine...but at the same time Travis (Robert De Niro) just doesn't seem like someone I should care about. If someone asked me why they should watch Taxi Driver I wouldn't be sure what to say.
If I didn't know better, I'd think you were just trying to get a rise out of me.
SuperMcGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2011, 02:05 AM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caddy View Post
Cool story bro.

Quote:

Last edited by Ness : 07-29-2011 at 02:08 AM.
Old 07-29-2011, 02:08 AM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperMcgee View Post
If I didn't know better, I'd think you were just trying to get a rise out of me.
Ehhh. In American Beauty and Taxi Driver I wasn't really given any reason to care about the majority of the characters involved. Didn't seem sympathetic at all, except for maybe Kevin Spacey. At least he becomes proactive at some point and tries to make his situation better...but at the same time the methods he uses to do this are miss and hit for me.

And The Thing is decent. I said I gave it a solid B. It's not my favorite movie of that genre I've seen, but it's a nice film to watch.

Quote:
Old 07-29-2011, 03:04 AM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Those 3 movies are probably all in my top ten that I've ever seen.
SuperMcGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2011, 03:27 AM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Well I could see why they are great movies for a lot of folks. For me I really like a lot of movies and stories where characters are proactive and have traits that make them sympathetic. It gives me reason to care about them...and then in essence the story that frames them. For me if it doesn't seem like the characters are worth caring about in the first place, why should I watch the movie? Some people don't care about that. And that's fine. And I know a lot of movies don't put emphasis on characters being seen in a positive light.

It's funny because near the beginning of Taxi Driver it seemed like Travis was really a sympathetic soul. He was lonely, depressed, and didn't seem to like the city he was living in that much, or his job for that much. But as the film went on it just seemed to be going nowhere and Travis just become a more despicable person not worth caring about. His motives for a lot of the things he does seem really unusual as well. But I guess that is to be expected. He's crazy. It's implied that he's also racist too which doesn't help either. And that final scene where it looks like he catches something in the mirror, Martin Scorsese basically mentioned that Travis is like a ticking time bomb and in the future he isn't going to be seen as such a noble guy (not that he was in the first place really, he just happened to be in the right place at the right time with the media taking care of the rest...this is further cemented in the final scene when he doesn't acknowledge that he's a hero).

Quote:

Last edited by Ness : 07-29-2011 at 03:33 AM.
Old 07-29-2011, 06:39 AM    (permalink
Todd Bertuzzi
All-Pro

Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Taxi Driver doesn't do it for me either...
Old 07-29-2011, 08:29 AM    (permalink
Nalej
All-Pro

Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CashmoneyDrew View Post
It's not coming out until next summer...
That was a fail at counting for me since I knew that already
Old 07-29-2011, 11:21 AM    (permalink
Brown Leader
Pro Bowler

Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Wow. Just....wow.

Quote:
Originally Posted by borg9 View Post
Are you not entertained? Is this not why you are here?
Brown Leader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2011, 11:40 AM    (permalink
Cigaro
All-NFLDC

Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Taxi Driver is pretty sweet.

Sig by Matthew Jones
Cigaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2011, 11:03 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Cowboys vs Aliens..... Here I come baby!
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2011, 04:06 AM    (permalink
jayceheathman
All-Pro

jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
Cowboys vs Aliens..... Here I come baby!
Oh, how I am going to miss our WAC rivalry. :(
Old 07-30-2011, 11:20 AM    (permalink
Brown Leader
Pro Bowler

Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brown Leader View Post

Wow. Just....wow.

You would think from this guy's reaction that this is the most disturbed movie ever made-far from it but this is great. "holy crap"

Lucky McKee's new Movie THE WOMAN (guy gets upset at premiere)

should have been the trailer = best comment

Quote:
Originally Posted by borg9 View Post
Are you not entertained? Is this not why you are here?

Last edited by Brown Leader : 07-30-2011 at 11:30 AM.
Brown Leader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2011, 04:53 AM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Saw Raging Bull. Now that was a great movie.

Quote:
Old 07-31-2011, 05:54 AM    (permalink
Gay Ork Wang
Matt Forte = Baby Marcus Allen
Icon

Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

yea didnt care for taxi driver either

Gay Ork Wang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2011, 09:28 AM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
Little Big League was excellent.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikes99ej View Post
Let's not forget Angels in the Outfield!
The Sandlot blows both out of the water.
Old 07-31-2011, 10:20 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Set photos from the Dark Knight Rises have revealed Bane's costume.

I actually think it looks kind of tacky in this context, but the movie is bound to be all sorts of bad ass. I'm sure I'll love it when everything comes together on the big screen.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2011, 10:21 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I feel the same way about the costume, looks pretty lame.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMD View Post
Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.
Jvig43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2011, 10:36 PM    (permalink
MaxV
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I hope it lives up to the first 2.
MaxV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2011, 10:42 PM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I guarantee he wont be wearing that when he's whooping batmans ass.
Old 08-01-2011, 01:56 AM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by CashmoneyDrew View Post
I guarantee he wont be wearing that when he's whooping batmans ass.
That's what I was thinking. He hasn't even taken his coat off yet.

I have to say though I'm still not a fan of the mask. I always liked the wrestling mask better. But we'll see how Nolan makes this work. Can't wait for Catwoman.

I also saw some photos of Batman in the same day setting in what looked like a prison break involving Bane as well as a camo Tumbler. It will be interesting to see how Batman is portrayed in the day fighting with Nolan at the helm.

Quote:

Last edited by Ness : 08-01-2011 at 02:04 AM.
Old 08-01-2011, 01:58 AM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

By the way, there are talks of a live-action Captain Planet movie.

Quote:
Old 08-01-2011, 02:14 AM    (permalink
YAYareaRB
All-NFLDC

YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
By the way, there are talks of a live-action Captain Planet movie.
captain planet? he's our hero? gonna take pollution down to the zero?

YAYareaRB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2011, 02:18 AM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by YAYareaRB View Post
captain planet? he's our hero? gonna take pollution down to the zero?
Well...he is our powers magnified and he's fighting on the planet side...so....

Quote: