Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > New England Patriots Team Forum

New England Patriots Team Forum Discuss the Pats

Old 04-22-2014, 06:06 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I wanted Cameron Jordan so bad. :(

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMD View Post
Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
Jvig43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 08:59 AM    (permalink
Don Vito
Team Leader
All-Pro

Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by descendency View Post
http://nesn.com/2014/04/report-tom-s...from-patriots/

Tony Pauline (credibility?) just dropped a potential bomb... the Patriots may look to take Tom Savage (QB, Pitt) with the 29th pick if they can't trade back.

I hadn't seen much of him play, so I just watched all I could find and I definitely liked what I saw. Most of his flaws seem (easily...) correctable. Things like footwork and timing with receivers (ball placement) are his biggest issues. Has good size and arm talent. Greg Schiano was the coach at Rutgers when Savage played there before being forced to transfer. Apparently, he interviewed REALLY well with the Patriots.

This all could be a huge smoke screen to try to get someone else to draft him and let the Patriots get a more prized possession or maybe it's a serious bit of interest.
If I had one of those pens from Men In Black that erases what you just saw, I would use it right now. Tony Pauline needs to stop putting these thoughts in my head.

Feed Moncrief
Don Vito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 09:01 AM    (permalink
Don Vito
Team Leader
All-Pro

Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jvig43 View Post
I wanted Cameron Jordan so bad. :(
Yeah I did too. I thought it would happen because of the bloodlines, versatility, athletcism, etc...

Feed Moncrief
Don Vito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 09:12 AM    (permalink
cmarq83
Pro Bowler

cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I was more on the trade up for JJ Watt or draft Cameron Heyward with the 2nd first round pick bandwagon. I'm honestly still kind of shocked we didn't come out if that draft with a 5 tech.
cmarq83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 09:47 AM    (permalink
AntoinCD
All-Pro

AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm pretty sure at one stage that year I said I would pass on both Jordan and Watt, if available, at 17 for Gabe Carimi with the knowledge that Cam Heyward would be there at 28

I also thought Solder would be a mega bust

As for this year I really can't pin anything down on this team. I suspect they trade out of the first but there have been rumors of moving up. If we stick at 28 and the board falls like this what would you guys do?

The top 5 WRs are gone (Sammy, Evans, OBJ, Lee and Cooks)
Ebron is gone
Matthews, Robinson, Martin and Lewan are all gone
Bortles, Teddy and Manziel are gone
Clowney, Mack and Barr are gone
Gilbert, Dennard, Fuller, Roby and Verrett are gone
Haha, Pryor and Jimmie Ward are gone
Donald, Nix, Hageman and Jernigan are gone

My preference would probably be XSF or Bitonio at this stage as I don't like the value of the WRs or TEs although I would maybe gamble on someone like Kony Ealy

BoneKrusher killing it with the sig
AntoinCD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 10:23 AM    (permalink
cmarq83
Pro Bowler

cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm pretty much on board with taking the less sexy positions in round 1 despite every impulse I have otherwise. To me XSF and Jernigan are the 2 best reasonable value picks we could expect there. If neither are available, and nobody unforeseen like Barr or Ebron is available I think we should trade down. No dice to Nix, Hageman, or Bitonio in the first IMO.

I like Ealy, but I'm not sold on if he's going to be better than any of the 2nd round guys. If we could trade back and gamble that he's going to be there, and if not go with a Attaochu type if he's gone I'd be fine with that.
cmarq83 is offline   Reply With Quote