Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 05-05-2015, 11:51 AM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-NFLDC

FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

In arena and I just had a Piloted Sky Golem drop a Piloted Shredder which dropped a Lightwell.

Sig img shamelessly stolen from teh interwebs
FlyingElvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2015, 12:18 PM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-NFLDC

FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I beat that godawfulhorribleBSfuckingnightmare that is Chromaggus Heroic last night after many, many tries. Druid deck, mulligan away anything that isn't Innervate, Cobra, Alarm-o-Bot, and maybe Annoy-o-Tron, and the Innervate is really the one you must have to even stand a chance.

Decklist:

Also found this beauty in my image directory:

Old 05-05-2015, 04:18 PM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-NFLDC

lol...

beat Chromaggus Heroic only to see the atrocity of nonsense that is Victor. WTF will the final wing heroic be like?

Old 05-09-2015, 10:30 PM    (permalink
sbh15
2010 NFL Mock Draft Champ
All-Pro

sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

every time i see a turn 1 mana wyrm in arena i just want to concede. i don't think i've ever beaten it
sbh15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2015, 10:33 PM    (permalink
sbh15
All-Pro

sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

and then i run into a turn 3 baron geddon vs druid :|
Old 05-09-2015, 10:33 PM    (permalink
comahan
Pillow Hat Pal
All-NFLDC

comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

draft faerie dragons, theyre the mana wyrm's mortal enemy

comahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2015, 10:34 PM    (permalink
sbh15
All-Pro

i had been on a tear in arena until today. had 3 or 4 straight 7+ win decks. today i have been picking from absolute garbage

edit: and i finally get a good deck only to run into some absolutely crazy openers
Old 05-10-2015, 05:45 AM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Just top-decked a Force of Nature on a Wild Growth hail mary draw card with 2 Thaurisan'd Savage Roars and an Innervate in my hand. Had a sheep and a Sylvannas on the board with 6HP. Obligatory "Sorry" on the top deck ******** win.
Old 05-10-2015, 08:48 PM    (permalink
sbh15
All-Pro

mirror entity is such a ridiculously stupid arena card. idk how to beat mage in arena
Old 05-11-2015, 10:38 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It doesn't help that ME always pulls a ridiculous card, either.
Old 05-12-2015, 08:52 AM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbh15 View Post
mirror entity is such a ridiculously stupid arena card. idk how to beat mage in arena
It's not likely something you're doing right/wrong. Mage is stupid strong in arena and there's no stopping a good draw.

Old 05-12-2015, 08:56 AM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
All-NFLDC

ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I wanted to play this morning while fixing our database but of course maintenance is going on until 2 PM. Now I just get to stab myself in the temple to alleviate my pain.
Old 05-12-2015, 12:24 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

Just landed a Turn 6 Cromagus. First draw: 2 Kezan Mystics. Turn 8: Opponent plays 2 secrets. Turn 9: Opponent concedes.

Kezan is an auto-include in my decks. Just too strong against secrets and a good enough card at 4/3 to justify.
Old 05-12-2015, 01:47 PM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
All-NFLDC

ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I have been having some luck with this:

Pretty plain because I don't have all the cards I would prefer but has ran well so far (4-0).
Old 05-12-2015, 01:56 PM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-NFLDC

Solid build, Cain. I don't even have 2x Argent Commander or 2x Sunwalker. Both awesome cards. No Blood Knight to squeeze in there?

Quote:
Originally Posted by nepg View Post
Just landed a Turn 6 Cromagus. First draw: 2 Kezan Mystics. Turn 8: Opponent plays 2 secrets. Turn 9: Opponent concedes.

Kezan is an auto-include in my decks. Just too strong against secrets and a good enough card at 4/3 to justify.
Kezan is awesome. I try to get 1x into decks when possible but it doesn't always make the cut. So much hate against Mage/Hunter/Pal, though, which comprise 3/4 of the decks in ranked.

Old 05-15-2015, 03:37 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I've gone like 20-4 with this aggrodin deck. Went from 20 to 11 with 3 stars. Can outpace face hunter most of the time and I've killed Handlocks before they got any cards out. Mech Mage is the easiest matchup. 2 of the losses were to Zoo and they were REALLY close, the other two were to Druid who had to blow part of their combo to clear my board.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fenikz View Post
His soft D really turns me off
** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2015, 03:40 PM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidae View Post
I've gone like 20-4 with this aggrodin deck. Went from 20 to 11 with 3 stars. Can outpace face hunter most of the time and I've killed Handlocks before they got any cards out. Mech Mage is the easiest matchup. 2 of the losses were to Zoo and they were REALLY close, the other two were to Druid who had to blow part of their combo to clear my board.
Card list?
Old 05-15-2015, 03:52 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Old 05-15-2015, 03:53 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

I just lost to a Shaman. 20-5. Stupid lightning storm.

Anyway, Argent Squire or Shielded Minibot + Blessing of Might early is devastating.

Quote:
Old 05-15-2015, 07:24 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

Pally had always been incredible for aggro. Aggro Wisdom still wrecks and it's pre-nax.
Old 05-15-2015, 11:13 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

31-7 since I started with this deck. Not bad. 2 more losses since I posted earlier, one to Shaman who just wrecked me and one to a Dragondin.

Quote:
Old 05-16-2015, 08:12 AM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

Not sure how everyone else is doing it, but my Dragodin deck has been pretty successful. I can get mulligan ******, but hero power usually saves me when that happens. If I had Alexstraza, I'd probably swap out one of Cro/Ysera

Old 05-21-2015, 12:44 PM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-NFLDC

My opponent made two key mistakes, which lead to the game below going from silly to stupid insanity pretty quickly. lol

Also, this was my first time having 2x Emperor on the board and spells do get reduced by 2 per turn.