Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 01-04-2015, 05:16 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Just lost to mill druid with my control hunter #cancerfree

but also #hatehatehate

fenikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2015, 11:45 AM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I built a Spare Parts, Questing Adventure deck. It's working ok and has already had quite a few tweaks. Mage for the Sorcerer's Apprentice, since the parts become free spells and QA can be blown up fast upon hitting the board. It's fun so far. I'd swap Illidan out for Antonidas immediately if I had him. I may even bite the bullet and craft him if this deck comes together well over the next few days. 2 Auctioneers is probably too many, too. I just added them today b/c they make such obvious sense given the plan of the deck. Thoughts/comments welcome.

I crafted a Portal for this deck and it's stupid how fun (and obnoxious) it is. I had an awesome 4 legend streak with it. Malygos (never even had to play it), Cairne, Maexxna, and the Chieftan! lmao

Sig img shamelessly stolen from teh interwebs
FlyingElvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2015, 12:29 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Commie was right, pooping while playing Hearthstone on a tablet is glorious.

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2015, 04:41 PM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

There is, quite literally, nothing worse than decks that have fatigue as their goal.

Old 01-08-2015, 06:51 PM    (permalink
bantx
I have a Custom Title
All-NFLDC

bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Made an aggro paladin deck that's been doing pretty well so far I'll post the screen shot of the deck later today. Undefeated against zoo so far and barely lost to a control warrior

bantx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2015, 07:10 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Old 01-15-2015, 04:14 PM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

My tinkering has turned my demon deck into a steaming pile of crap. Back to the drawing board.

Old 01-17-2015, 01:33 AM    (permalink
sbh15
2010 NFL Mock Draft Champ
All-Pro

sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

can anyone beat mage in arena? im at computer throwing levels of rage. i'm relatively new to the game and play almost strictly with mage in structured so if i don't draw it i'm sort of in the dark. does anyone have specifically good reads for arena drafting? i've read the basic stuff on hearthpwn and icy-veins and neither is very useful for drafting a deck with any kind of synergy
sbh15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2015, 09:52 AM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbh15 View Post
can anyone beat mage in arena? im at computer throwing levels of rage. i'm relatively new to the game and play almost strictly with mage in structured so if i don't draw it i'm sort of in the dark. does anyone have specifically good reads for arena drafting? i've read the basic stuff on hearthpwn and icy-veins and neither is very useful for drafting a deck with any kind of synergy
Mage is head and shoulders above every other class in arena right now. Every time I get to 4-5 wins I'm facing mostly Mage with the occasional Pali. I generally go Mage without any hesitation as first choice then I still like Shaman as #2.

There really isn't a ton of help out there when it comes to synergy specific to in arena. It's more a general, in depth knowledge of the card base for each class and which choices will compliment what the hero does and is likely to draw during the draft.

I used arenavalue.com when I was starting out in the arena. It's helpful in seeing the 'basic value' of one card over another and it's based notes/opinions of Trump (iirc) so it's not just some random schmoe's value. I know it factors in how many of a specific card you have and will change the value as you get into your build, but there's no mechanic that measures synergy.

Old 01-19-2015, 01:28 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbh15 View Post
Here's a tier list to sort of get you started:

http://www.heartharena.com/tierlist

Shows the best cards for each class in the arena, and also includes neutral cards. There are descriptions of em too, so you can kinda see why they're good for certain classes.

Last edited by vidae : 01-19-2015 at 01:56 PM.
Old 01-19-2015, 05:55 PM    (permalink
sbh15
All-Pro

sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

pyroblast is going to make me rip my ******* hair out
Old 01-22-2015, 08:12 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

ya it will **** you, i never play around it but sometimes you get the feeling they have it, maybe from hovering over it and stuff

made a miracle priest deck, no idea if it's even worth continuing to develop but it's kinda fun, used to have gazlowe in it but never found much of a use for him

Last edited by fenikz : 01-22-2015 at 08:16 PM.
Old 01-23-2015, 11:17 PM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

Recombobulating a minion stolen with shadow madness allows the priest to keep the minion. (I'm probably the last to know but figured i'd share just in case I'm not)

Old 01-25-2015, 01:56 AM    (permalink
sbh15
All-Pro

finally had a breakthrough tonight, although it tooks some serious luck. got to 9 wins in arena with mage essentially face-hunting until I had 10 mana. waited for my board to get cleared, dropped counter-spell, and Deathwing the next turn. have no idea what I did right to get that card in Arena. I started 1-2 then won 8 straight (a lot of which were carried by that combo) until a Priest figured me out using a spare-part spell followed by Lightbomb. there was pretty much no going back if they triggered the counter-spell without burning a card that would kill it/steal it.
Old 01-25-2015, 01:58 AM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingElvis View Post
Recombobulating a minion stolen with shadow madness allows the priest to keep the minion. (I'm probably the last to know but figured i'd share just in case I'm not)
yup figured that one out the hard way

Old 01-25-2015, 02:00 AM    (permalink
sbh15
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingElvis View Post
my friend also told me that Aucheni Soulpriest + Zombie Chow does 5 damage when Zombie dies. this was probably known too, but figured I would share
Old 01-25-2015, 02:41 AM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

lol yes it reverses all healing, soulpriest with a thought stolen tree of life kills everything