Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Dallas Cowboys Team Forum

Dallas Cowboys Team Forum Discuss America's Team - How 'bout dem Cowboys!

Old 11-22-2011, 06:07 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Witten4HOF View Post
The possibility of Sensy missing the game is really starting to worry me, not so much the fact that he isn't there, but the fact it takes Barry Church out of the equation as a coverage substitution at linebacker. I can definitely see Miami throwing out a heavy dosage of Reggie Bush in space, and while Sean Lee is doing a great job of adjusting to playing with the club I don't know if thats a matchup he wins with one arm.

Even worse is the thought of Bradie or Brooking trying to chase him around =(
I'm with you on the worrying part of it.... last year, having Alan Ball at Safety tought us a good lesson about how an entire defense can be affected by the a weak link such as he was. When one guy can't do his job, other people have to take on more responsibility and it takes away from their own focus. That's why I always reiterate the common phrase, "Football is the ultimate team sport."

Also, I find it humorous for as much flak as Reggie Bush gets publicly, here we are worried about game planning for him. hahaha.
D-Unit is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2011, 10:25 PM    (permalink
E-Man
Pro Bowler

E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I want to see Rob mix up some more blitzes. They haven't been coming lately like they did at the beginning of the year. With the young passers they have played I've been wanting to see some more crazy things from Rob.

Da riddum is too much for you.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5nKx27QrgO0
E-Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2011, 01:13 AM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Tashard Choice got cut by the Skins... yeouch! Talk about being "used and abused". :P
Old 11-23-2011, 09:08 AM    (permalink
FreshBoy!
Veteran

FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Looks like Fiametta and Sense are out:(
FreshBoy! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2011, 10:03 AM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
Tashard Choice got cut by the Skins... yeouch! Talk about being "used and abused". :P
OMG did it feel good to see Rat stuff him at the goal line. I mean, just ate him alive. Choice thought he was going to have some sort of pro bowl type of game. I still think he'll get scooped up, but he's 10x worse then he was as a rookie and he didn't really have a bunch of upside to begin with.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2011, 10:08 AM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by E-Man View Post
I want to see Rob mix up some more blitzes. They haven't been coming lately like they did at the beginning of the year. With the young passers they have played I've been wanting to see some more crazy things from Rob.
You know I was listening to the Ben & Skinn show yesterday I believe around 5pm(awesome show, I don't listen to anything but talk/sports radio during football season), and they had someone on who broke the tape down and showed Ware getting single blocked at least 12 times that he didn't make an impact.

That's part of what Ryan is looking to do, get Ware single blocked to make a play. We shouldn't always have to be exotic or bring the house because Ware single blocked is a win for the coaching staff IMO.

Then they brought up why isn't Ware held to the same standards as Romo is? Why does he get a pass? He didn't play terrible, but certainly not up to his standards. They said he's more Derrick Thomas then he is Lawrence Taylor(not really a knock either way but you get the point).

He does have some games like this, not worried, but they made a great point at how it gets overlooked though.

Quote:
Old 11-23-2011, 10:27 AM    (permalink
JBCX
Veteran

JBCX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JBCX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JBCX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JBCX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JBCX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JBCX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JBCX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JBCX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JBCX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JBCX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JBCX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Will Tyron Smith be blocking Cameron Wake for most of the game? That should be an interesting matchup and I'm excited to see how he will do.

In fact, this entire game is all about the OT vs. OLB matchups on both side of the ball: Tyron Smith & Doug Free vs. Cameron Wake & Koa Misi, and Jake Long & Marc Columbo vs. DeMarcus Ware and Anthony Spencer.
JBCX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2011, 11:40 AM    (permalink
Trogdor
All-Pro

Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

xD Watch the Cardinals pick up Choice for next week. And I wouldn't bet on Wake vs Smith. Miami's defense doesn't move Wake around AT ALL. He'll be running straight at Free 90% of the game. Spencer might actually have a big game going against Columbo.
Trogdor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2011, 12:03 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trogdor View Post
xD Watch the Cardinals pick up Choice for next week. And I wouldn't bet on Wake vs Smith. Miami's defense doesn't move Wake around AT ALL. He'll be running straight at Free 90% of the game. Spencer might actually have a big game going against Columbo.
Colombo has improved this year and they also often give him help by assigning a TE to help block next to him.

While we can keep hoping that Spencer gets in the backfield, I'm past that. He is what he is... a good run stuffer that doesn't have good pass rush ability.
Old 11-23-2011, 04:53 PM    (permalink
E-Man
Pro Bowler

E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
You know I was listening to the Ben & Skinn show yesterday I believe around 5pm(awesome show, I don't listen to anything but talk/sports radio during football season), and they had someone on who broke the tape down and showed Ware getting single blocked at least 12 times that he didn't make an impact.

That's part of what Ryan is looking to do, get Ware single blocked to make a play. We shouldn't always have to be exotic or bring the house because Ware single blocked is a win for the coaching staff IMO.

Then they brought up why isn't Ware held to the same standards as Romo is? Why does he get a pass? He didn't play terrible, but certainly not up to his standards. They said he's more Derrick Thomas then he is Lawrence Taylor(not really a knock either way but you get the point).

He does have some games like this, not worried, but they made a great point at how it gets overlooked though.
I do think that pass rushers should be held to the same standards as other players, but they really don't. With pass rushers people generally just look at their sack numbers and determine if they are good or not based on that. It is what caused me to end up screaming my head off at some friends in 2009 when talking about Anthony Spencer. The dude played like a legit Pro Bowler that year, but since he didn't make the 4 extra sacks that got him into the testicle worshiping territory of double digit sacks he sucked. Out of the 700 something odd snaps he took that year we're mad at him for not making 4 extra plays? The pass rusher love/hate is really silly.

The same is the reverse for Ware at times. He may have a bad game and get a sack and people will rave about how great he is. Now he doesn't have bad games often. He is legitimately one of the pass rushers that make plays outside of getting to the QB 10 times a year, but he can have a bad game like anyone else. The difference between Romo and Ware is that Ware is legitimately one of the best players in the game. You can make an argument for him being the best defensive player in the league, and if you disagree he'd still have at least make your top 10.

With Romo there are a bunch of other QBs who shine in a similar fashion. I'm a huge Romo supporter and fan, but I can't say that he's the best offensive player in the game like I can with Ware. He's incredibly good though, and it's a shame that people don't really know how to discuss quarterbacks without resorting to the dumb ass win-loss ratio that makes no sense at all. Romo has certainly messed up at times and cost the team some games, but the reason why the Cowboys only have 1 playoff win and a bad December record isn't solely because of him. As a matter of fact way too much blame is put on him for losing that Giants Divisional game back in the 2007 playoffs, but it's really the defense caving in with 42 seconds left in the 2nd quarter to give up a crucial touchdown.

But I'm ranting. Those guys are right about Ware's bad games being overlooked and Romo's being placed far under a microscope. Romo has played crazy great this season, yet people want to talk about the two big games he gave up. He deserves his fair share of criticism for that, but people also have to acknowledge that he's got one of the lowest INT totals and the 4th highest passer rating in the league.

Old 11-23-2011, 05:30 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Ware doesn't get the ball in his hands enough to be held to the same standard as Romo. Ware's critics need to get a clue. The guy is on a steady pace that nearly matches the all time sack record. This is such a ridiculous opinion that is so completely flawed that I'm literally sitting here baffled. :S
Old 11-23-2011, 06:16 PM    (permalink
Trogdor
All-Pro

Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

We came one team away from claiming Kyle Orton on waivers (Chiefs). Kitna has to be thankful :D
Old 11-23-2011, 06:21 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trogdor View Post
We came one team away from claiming Kyle Orton on waivers (Chiefs). Kitna has to be thankful :D
Doubt Kitna cares. Wouldn't surprise me to see him retire at season's end.
Old 11-23-2011, 06:27 PM    (permalink
Trogdor
All-Pro

Think the back injury probably has more to it than previously reported too. :(
Old 11-24-2011, 01:11 AM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Did you guys see this? LMAO. Post Washington game...

Old 11-24-2011, 02:13 AM    (permalink
Harmonykor
Rookie

Harmonykor hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Tashard Choice got picked up by the Bills. Is anybody surprised ESPN kept bringing up the Miami -Dallas thanskgiving game 18 years ago when Leon Lett touched the blocked field goal and Dallas ended up losing the game because of it.
Harmonykor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2011, 03:45 AM    (permalink
E-Man
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
Did you guys see this? LMAO. Post Washington game...

That is so pimp. lol

Old 11-24-2011, 09:00 AM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by E-Man View Post
That is so pimp. lol
Rob is like the new cool kid in school that the other guys want to follow. lol. Our DC, our ST coach and our Strength and Conditioning coach lighting it up after our win against the Skins... looking like mobsters who just buried a body. hahahahahaaha.
Old 11-24-2011, 01:23 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Some observations of mine of the Redskins game... Didn't do the whole game though...

Costa really bad pass protection, gives up a sack

Costa beaten by swim moves

Ogletree beaten by block and unable to complete his route and convert on 3rd down

Scandrick beat on a wheel route, instinct problem

Holland pulls but doesn't seal off block

Kerrigan beats Smith for a sack
Nice job on Free of blocking Orakpo
Kosier gets tossed like a rag doll

Carter nice ST tackle

Newman holding PI

Sensy beat for the 2nd TD
Sensy gives up big pass after not properly rotating his zone coverage

Bradie/Butler nice stop

Alan Ball PD in the endzone

Murray nice pass pro/Phillips catch

Murray could've been better on the block

Romo misses Bennett and runs out of time; Free doesn't finish the block, gives up sack

Redskins blitz, Free makes wrong read; London Fletcher sack

McBriar pushes Banks out, but Carter had the right angle and would've gotten to him if McBriar missed. Interesting because folks in the media were quick to say McBriar made a game winning stop.

Ware inside run stuff

Church, nice open field tackle in the flats

Murray nice chop block leads to Robinson 1st down catch

Kosier pulls from R to L and misses block on MLB (Riley), short Murray gain

Murray jukes the **** outta Fletcher, Costa nice rollout seal, Kosier whiffing at air, medium gain

Smith misses Kerrigan and goes for the 2nd level block instead..Murray stopped on 3rd and 1. 4th down. Good job for everyone else

Holland pull to the R and Phillips (bad block on Hall, but good enough), lets Murray get the 1st down. Hall gets contact on Murray but Murray drives Hall down the field for 4 more yards.

Robinson drops pass in the middle of the field

Kosier whiffs on his pull, Fletcher takes out Murray for no yards. Bennett quietly doing his job blocking all day.

Romo beautiful escape and check down to Murray for a 1st down.

Garrett...3 pass plays inside the 10. Luckily Romo makes something happen on the 3rd try. Robinson TD.

Ware held by Williams and not called.

Ware goes to the opposite side and beats Brown to sack Grossman

Pass play, Ratliff gets doubled

Nice PD by Newman

Newman badly beat but WR not able to capitalize being targeted

Murray looking for a cutback...not there.

On a play where Ogletree makes a 1st down, Dez has his man badly beat... I don't like Romo not looking his way.

Cowboys can't run when Redskins stack 8 in the box.

Scandrick makes a beautiful read on the QB's throw and adjusts nicely for the INT. Looking better covering wide than in the slot.

Holland seals his defender and Murray cuts through. Awesome downfield blocking by Dez. Hall gets irritated and a breakup ensues. lol.
Old 11-24-2011, 01:33 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

Nice stuff D, really nice. I always DVR games but rarely have time in the week to go back and watch them. A few things:

Murray really did shake the **** out of Fletcher. It was funny as hell in slow motion ha.

Interesting about Scandrick better outside, honestly. Because Newman can play the slot very well, but either way Scandrick and Jenkins for the future isn't a bad 1-2 duo. I still would like 1 shut down type of CB there in the next few years, FA or draft. That type of guy makes those 2 look alot better.

On the play where Laurent got the 1st and you said Dez beat his man badly, I'm with you on that. I'd like to see more targets for Dez and let's see his catch rate. I don't have the figures but he's been coming down with catches on a high majority of his targets.

He doesn't need 10 catches a game, but I think we should be throwing to him more then 5 times a game, especially when as you said he's open alot more then just when we throw to him.

Quote:
Old 11-24-2011, 03:21 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Note to Tony: Bad things will happen if you pass the ball to Bennett.
Old 11-24-2011, 03:25 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

Marshall has destroyed Newman in their past, all the time. They are going to exploit that match-up all game long.

Quote:
Old 11-24-2011, 04:12 PM    (permalink
pocketaces
Pro Bowler

pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

edit..........

The greastest team of all time...The OKLAHOMA SOONERS!!! http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3849468
pocketaces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2011, 04:34 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

Bad Kickoff Bailey.

Quote:
Old 11-24-2011, 04:36 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Our two minute defense/late game defense has been piss poor all season long.

Whenever they're placed in a situation to get a stop in key situations...it's like swiss cheese.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote