Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 06-01-2007, 02:44 PM    (permalink
BPSL-Baller

Default Second year Quarterbacks: what do you expect?

I just wondering what you thought about these guys and how they will do this season. I am counting this on # of seasons they played, not the year drafted

Tarvaris Jackson, Jason Campbell, Matt Schuab

Philip Rivers- I think that he is going to have some difficulty and has been extremely overrated by a lot of people. Not saying he's terrible, but now that Defenses know what to expect, he's going to have some troubles (like the end of last year).

Vince Young- man, this guy had it rough. His team had probably the worst off season in the league. I think he will do ok, but he has zero supporting cast.

Jay Cutler- I think he will have a very solid season.

Tony Romo- I dont know. I think he should be ok, provided he isnt mentally scarred from the snap

Matt Leinart- He should be pretty good. Certainly has the weapons on that offense.

Tarvaris Jackson- no recievers, marginal QB, doubt he finishes the season as a starter

Jason Campbell- Should be improved over last year, but will still have some struggles

Matt Schaub- I doubt he does very good. That offense just isn't very good

thanks!
Old 06-01-2007, 02:47 PM    (permalink
The Dynasty
Pro Bowler

The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BPSL-Baller View Post
Tarvaris Jackson- no recievers, marginal QB, doubt he finishes the season as a starter
He will finish the season as the starter mainly because we have no one else to be a legit starter in this league. We cant really tell what there is to come about Tarvaris yet because he has played 2 games and 1 didnt mean anything and the other was in Green bay(Probably the toughest place for a Viking to Start his first game). Sidney Rice and Adrian Peterson will bring him an Offense.

Vikings | Yankees | Magic | Sabres | Chelsea FC | Alabama | St. Bonaventure
The Dynasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2007, 02:51 PM    (permalink
Draft King
All-Pro

Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Nevermind, just read this wrong.

I don't agree with you about Schaub. I actually think he will be a consistent QB and bring out the beast in Andre Johnson. If Ahman Green can stay healthy and play, I think they will have a pretty good offense. Granted, their O-Line really has to pick it up.
Draft King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2007, 02:56 PM    (permalink
Xenos
Veteran

Xenos is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xenos is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xenos is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xenos is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xenos is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xenos is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xenos is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xenos is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xenos is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xenos is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xenos is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BPSL-Baller View Post
I just wondering what you thought about these guys and how they will do this season. I am counting this on # of seasons they played, not the year drafted

Tarvaris Jackson, Jason Campbell, Matt Schuab

Philip Rivers- I think that he is going to have some difficulty and has been extremely overrated by a lot of people. Not saying he's terrible, but now that Defenses know what to expect, he's going to have some troubles (like the end of last year).
Vince Young- man, this guy had it rough. His team had probably the worst off season in the league. I think he will do ok, but he has zero supporting cast.

Jay Cutler- I think he will have a very solid season.

Tony Romo- I dont know. I think he should be ok, provided he isnt mentally scarred from the snap

Matt Leinart- He should be pretty good. Certainly has the weapons on that offense.

Jason Campbell- Should be improved over last year, but will still have some struggles

Matt Schaub- I doubt he does very good. That offense just isn't very good

thanks!
One reason he dropped off last year was because of injuries to his wide receivers. It was also his first season so the length probably took a lot out of him.
Xenos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2007, 03:15 PM    (permalink
Xonraider
All-Pro

Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Phillip Rivers will have Norvell Turdner, enough said.
Old 06-01-2007, 03:23 PM    (permalink
Grizzlegom
Mr. Rogers
All-Pro

Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Philip Rivers - with norv turner taking over as his HC, if nothing else, he has an AMAZING QB coach. i expect him to continue to improve and it wouldnt surprise me to see him playing at a top five QB level.

Vince Young - i think he will take a step backwards if for no other reason then he lost his top two receivers and his RB. i have faith in brandon jones as a starter and i think getting troupe back healthy will be good but i have no faith in the other WRs or the RBs.

Jay Cutler - i expect him to also have a great year. adding henry behind him will only help as he will have an even stronger running game.

Tony Romo - garbage. i honestly believe he is going to flop and take the cowboys down with him. he has a good supporting cast but i just dont think he is very good. teams have had all off-season to look over tape of him and i expect defenses to tear him apart.

Matt Leinart - with an improved offensive line and a dedication to the running game in addition to his amazing receiving core, i expect leinart to continue to improve on his numbers from last year and possibly take this team to the playoffs...

Tarvaris Jackson - i think he will be very average. he has a decent o-line and AD will definitely help keep chester taylor fresh as he wore down last season but unless troy williamson figures out how to catch and sidney rice can impact as a rookie despite being raw, i dont think he will be anything special this year.

Jason Campbell - has a decent receiving core and a good running game. i expect him to be better than last year but i dont think he is a very good QB anyway. average at best.

Matt Schaub - im not really sure about this guy. that o-line is still suspect and outside of andre johnson he doesnt have any weapons. i never got to see his game tape when he was with atlanta either so i have no solid evaluation for him. based on being a first time starter and the weapons he has, i dont think he will do much better than carr last year, if at all.

Cleo Lemon - at the rate the dolphins are going, he could very well be the opening day starter since culpepper is still not healthy and peterson is going to hold onto green until the day before the season starts. i think lemon could put up some decent numbers for miami. he knows the offense already and performed well last year when he got the chance to play. with an improved offensive line (i hope) and more weapons, he could put up pretty good numbers.

sig by BoneKrusher
Grizzlegom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2007, 03:23 PM    (permalink
neko4
All-NFLDC

neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

After what Norv Turner did w/ Alex Smith, Rivers should put up even better numbers
I think Campbell will suprise everyone. He has a great WR core and two RB's who can start. And if the Oline stays healthy he's fine

Sig thanks to Bonekrusher
neko4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2007, 03:26 PM    (permalink
skinzzfan25
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xonraider View Post
Phillip Rivers will have Norvell Turdner, enough said.

Yeah, can't mess up if he has an offense in place. River's numbers should go up.
Old 06-01-2007, 03:26 PM    (permalink
Philliez01
All-Pro

Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

How can Matt Schaub be a 2nd year QB? He hasn't even started even half of a season yet so I don't think he qualifies.

Give JKPIGSKIN credit for this masterpiece
Philliez01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2007, 03:28 PM    (permalink
neko4
All-NFLDC

neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philliez01 View Post
How can Matt Schaub be a 2nd year QB? He hasn't even started even half of a season yet so I don't think he qualifies.
Great point, lets talk about him next year

Sig thanks to Bonekrusher
neko4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2007, 03:58 PM    (permalink
GiantRutgersFan
Veteran

GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by neko4 View Post
After what Norv Turner did w/ Alex Smith, Rivers should put up even better numbers
I think Campbell will suprise everyone. He has a great WR core and two RB's who can start. And if the Oline stays healthy he's fine

Alex Smith is very mediocre.

First NFL season he threw 1 TD and 11 INTs and a 40 QB rating.

Second season he threw 16 TDs, 16 INTs and was pretty mediocre.

not exactly something to be raving about....
Old 06-01-2007, 04:16 PM    (permalink
SubNoize
Veteran

SubNoize is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SubNoize is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SubNoize is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SubNoize is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SubNoize is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SubNoize is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SubNoize is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SubNoize is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SubNoize is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SubNoize is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SubNoize is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

this coming from a guy w/ Eli in his sig...
SubNoize is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2007, 04:21 PM    (permalink
Philliez01
All-Pro

Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GiantRutgersFan View Post

From a stats perspective, yes he has looked mediocre and that cannot be denied. But if you watch him play and then throw the scenarios out there (not having a consistent running game in 2005, having Bryan Gilmore as a #2 for part of season, VD being out with the broken fibia) and how he is coming from a non pro styled offense in CFB, then I think we can bypass him for now.

Old 06-01-2007, 04:21 PM    (permalink
reese

i thnk rivers will have a great year...i remember watchin him play in a bowl game his freshman year in college i thnk...ive liked him every since...i thnk he is gonna be 1 of the best in the nfl for years to come.

vince young...its hard to tell...i mean common sense wants to say that he will have a down year..he has no help but its hard to bet against him...i kno thet titans won some games last year despite him not doing anything but the guy is a winner so i say toss up

jay cutler....he is confident and has a great running game..he will be good

matt leinart...despite the fact that ive never been a fan of his...i dont think on 99% of the other nfl teams that he would be good at all but he has soo many weapons that he almost has to be good...plus he has a head coach that was able to win in with a qb in pitt that i also think isnt very good...so i guess he be ok

jason cambell will never be good

havent watched the rest of those guys enuf to say
Old 06-01-2007, 04:25 PM    (permalink
dcarey20
Pro Bowler

dcarey20 is a cocksman.dcarey20 is a cocksman.dcarey20 is a cocksman.dcarey20 is a cocksman.

Jay Cutler - I feel he will have the top season of all sophomore quarterbacks. I think he's gonna light it up stat wise and win wise. I think he will show everyone that he is the top quarterback from the 2006 class, slightly ahead of VY.

Vince Young - I think he will have another great season, despite not getting much help through the draft and free agency. He will do alot of the same things he did last year, and will improve his passing. I think he will be a pro bowl caliber player along with Jay.

Matt Leinart - I see a good year for Matt, just not as impressive as Cutler and Vince. Alot of his success depends on Edgerrin James and the pass blocking of the offensive line. Again, solid year, but not spectacular. I think he'll put himself in the top 15 quarterbacks in the league.

Tarvaris Jackson - I think Jackson will show that he is not a starting caliber quarterback in the NFL. Although there is talent at receiver, there is also alot of youth and uncertainty at that spot. I think it could hurt. I just see alot of struggles for him, and I think he will show that he was overdrafted. He could be replaced by the middle of the year and I think the Vikes will be looking for a new quarterback in 2008.

Jason Campbell - I feel that Campbell will be serviceable, but not as good as Redskin fans may be hoping for. I think we will look back, and his touchdown total and interception total will be very close. At the end of the year, I think the Skins quarterback situation will be similar to the Rex Grossman situation in Chicago. Like Grossman, I think Campbell will show flashes, but will make a decent amount of mistakes as well, and this will make the fans and front office wonder about his future.

Philip Rivers - I think Rivers' 2007 season will be much like his 2006 season, and that's not bad, because he led his team to a great record, and I think he put himself as a top 10 QB.

Just my opinion.

Last edited by dcarey20 : 06-01-2007 at 04:31 PM.
dcarey20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2007, 04:28 PM    (permalink
JeffSamardzijaIRISH
Pro Bowler

JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

Lol Eli Manning? Let's see,

First NFL season he threw 6 TD's, 9 INT's, 48%, 55 QB rating

Second season he threw 24 TD's, 17 INT's, 52%, 75 QB rating

Alex Smith threw 50% completion in his first year, and second year threw 58% and had a 74 QB rating. So the two are very comparable, but Alex Smith thus far has been more accurate than Eli Manning has his whole career.

EDIT: Also, Eli Manning's supporting cast is miles better than Alex Smith's.
Old 06-01-2007, 04:29 PM    (permalink
skinzzfan25
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.

Quote:
Originally Posted by reese View Post
jason cambell will never be good
Wow, great in depth analysis.

By the way, PM me next weeks loto numbers okay?

And techinically this is Campbell's first year. Coming in after Brunell with a watered down playbook, and no chemistry with the rest of the offense. Oo and no portis.

Let him have his first offseason with the same playbook, develop relationships, work on mechanics and actually use the whole playbook before you judge him.

Last edited by skinzzfan25 : 06-01-2007 at 04:39 PM.
skinzzfan25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2007, 04:35 PM    (permalink
Xonraider
All-Pro

Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

Are you being serious?

That right there shows IMPROVEMENT, not being bad. Plus he plays for the Forty Niners, who will be good soon, but sucked the past couple of years.
Old 06-01-2007, 04:49 PM    (permalink
reese

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinzzfan25 View Post
Wow, great in depth analysis.

By the way, PM me next weeks loto numbers okay?

And techinically this is Campbell's first year. Coming in after Brunell with a watered down playbook, and no chemistry with the rest of the offense. Oo and no portis.

Let him have his first offseason with the same playbook, develop relationships, work on mechanics and actually use the whole playbook before you judge him.
the point of the thread was to say how u think they will do...so y tell me to wait to judge him...i watched him play for 4 years in college and he never once impressed me...ronnie brown and caddilac carried him...the coaches didnt even have faith in him to let him throw downfield alot...i watched plenty of games where he would go an entire half and not throw a pass over 15 yards...i never thought he was good then so i obviously dont think he will be good in the nfl so until he changes my mind by actually do somethin ill stick with my initial breakdown of him

jason campbell will never be good
Old 06-01-2007, 05:08 PM    (permalink
skinzzfan25
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

Quote:
the point of the thread was to say how u think they will do...so y tell me to wait to judge him...i watched him play for 4 years in college and he never once impressed me...ronnie brown and caddilac carried him...the coaches didnt even have faith in him to let him throw downfield alot...i watched plenty of games where he would go an entire half and not throw a pass over 15 yards...i never thought he was good then so i obviously dont think he will be good in the nfl so until he changes my mind by actually do somethin ill stick with my initial breakdown of him

jason campbell will never be good
He played 7 games out of a season, not even half. He was playing under a very watered down Al Saunder's playbook when he was tossed into a game. He was a great passer (I have no idea what your talking about with the 15 yard pass bs) at Auburn, and I'd take Portis and Betts over Ronnie and Caddilac anyday. He is mobile, big, very poised, and has weapons. I see no reason for him to not succeed in the NFL. He has had two offseasons to study the playbook, the one that propelled the Rams and Cheifs to be one of the greatest offenses in the past decades.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wikipedia
Campbell went on to play college football at Auburn where he led the Tigers to an undefeated season in 2004 and was named the SEC Player of the Year and MVP of the SEC Championship Game. Campbell currently holds the longest touchdown completion in Auburn football history, an 87 yard pass to Silas Daniels in a 2004 matchup versus Louisiana Tech. He also holds the Auburn career record for completion percentage at 64.6%.
^^^
How unimpressive -.-
Old 06-01-2007, 05:14 PM    (permalink
reese

ur a joke....ok so he holds a record for longest completion? it could have been a 5 yard pass that the guy ran the way..that record in no way shows his ability to throw down field....and of course he has the highest completion %...like i said he never threw down field...alot of screens and alot of dump offs to the running backs..and i wouldnt expect u to kno what i was talkin about when i said he went alotta time in college without throwin a pass over 15 yards becuz u obviously dont watch football or dont understand what ur seeing when u do...how many times did u even watch campbell in college? i doubt u did very much at all since u had to go to wikipedia to get ur argument
Old 06-01-2007, 05:25 PM    (permalink
Philliez01
All-Pro

I might as well make my analysis:

Jay Cutler

Jay Cutler may is more of a 1.25 year starter if he were to start all of the 2007 but I do think we should mention him in this category. Cutler has one of the most impressive arms in the NFL and the Broncos offense did improve to a good degree when Plummer was sat out in favor J-Cut. Cutler retains star WR Javon Walker, veterans Rod Smith and Brandon Stokley and one of my sleepers for the year; Brandon Marshall as well as developing good chemistry with fellow soph, Tony Scheffler. I expect with an enhanced running game, to see a very good season for Him (as he's commonly known around Denver).

Vince Young

Really, there's not much more to say as everyone knows the whole deal surronding him. OROY, lack of surronding talent, lesser running game (well potentially), etc. I expect him to naturally come to Earth a tad, but to still make the most of an odd situation.

Matt Leinart

I'm a fan of his this season as well. I do think with Russ Grimm in tow (as well as Ken Whisenhunt), to pick ARZ as my sleeper team (not SF). With great weapons in tow, all ARZ has to hope for is that youngsters Levi Brown and Deuce Lutui provide a great turnaround for the OL. Easier said than done, yes, but it's possible.

Philip Rivers

Great RB? Check. Great TE? Check. Good WR options? Maybe (Vincent Jackson can be great, but with Gates in tow, he doesn't need to do much). Overwhelming D? Check. Great HC for QBs? Check.

All the pieces appear to be in place for another good season out of Mr. Rivers. Keep in mind that I believe he was playing with a Lis Franc sprain which is not exactly the easiest thing to live with. Now that he has more chemistry with his team, I do see him exceding expectations.

Tavaris Jackson

Well there is good news for Jackson fans. The one thing he needed to prove was that he needed NFL experience after coming from Alabama A&M (I believe) which isn't exactly a USC or Notre Dame. The competition level and offenses are more intense than what they were in his college days and the playing experience gives him a slight edge for marginal success. He is still a process, but he does have the tools for him to be successful. Also, he does have a backfield to ease him into the QB role as AD and Taylor could be d-e-v-a-s-t-a-t-i-n-g (too long of a word to hyphenate, I think).

I know that it appears that everyone is supposed to be good when you look at mine and I know Jackson, Leinart, Cutler and even Young are still relatively inexperienced but I think they should be counted.

Will add Campbell later.

Old 06-01-2007, 05:29 PM    (permalink
skinzzfan25
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

Quote:
ur a joke....ok so he holds a record for longest completion? it could have been a 5 yard pass that the guy ran the way..that record in no way shows his ability to throw down field....and of course he has the highest completion %...like i said he never threw down field...alot of screens and alot of dump offs to the running backs..and i wouldnt expect u to kno what i was talkin about when i said he went alotta time in college without throwin a pass over 15 yards becuz u obviously dont watch football or dont understand what ur seeing when u do...how many times did u even watch campbell in college? i doubt u did very much at all since u had to go to wikipedia to get ur argument
Do you have ANY factual evidence to back up that he doesn't throw long? He has a top 16 arm (power wise) in the NFL.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uYNyiW7r0bA

Theres just one 45 yard pass (just the pass from throwing stance to reception) in horrible form. Do you have some personal vendetta against him? Did you go to school together and he would bully you?

I mean really, your just talking out of your behind tbh.

Go ahead, say that I am discredited by using Wiki, but all your doing is saying that you know what your talking about. Which is quite questionable at the moment.

Last edited by skinzzfan25 : 06-01-2007 at 05:34 PM.
skinzzfan25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2007, 05:37 PM    (permalink
reese

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinzzfan25 View Post
Do you have ANY factual evidence to back up that he doesn't throw long? He has a top 16 arm (power wise) in the NFL.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uYNyiW7r0bA

Theres just one 45 yard pass (just the pass from throwing stance to reception) in horrible form. Do you have some personal vendetta against him? Did you go to school together and he would bully you?

I mean really, your just talking out of your behind tbh.
of course i dont have any factual evidence...i have something better...i do something u obviously dont do...I WATCHED HIM PLAY....simple as that..i live in SEC country..i am a huge SEC fan..i want all SEC players to do good...but after watchin him play i dont thnk he has it in him to be good...im not even gonna look at that link...he was a four year starter...the fact that u post 1 play in response to me saying he doesnt throw down the field good is stupid...u might even be able to put a nice little collection fo deep passes in college together since like i said he did start for 4 years but that doesnt mean he is very good at it....and he most certainly does not have top 16 arm strength...if there was any one singular reason i doubt him its becuz of his lack of arm stength...ur really just being a homer...just becuz he plays for the skins ur completly opposed to the idea of him not workin out in the nfl
Old 06-01-2007, 05:44 PM    (permalink
SFbear
Veteran

SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Technically this will be Grossman's second year starting............Flame on.
SFbear is offline   Reply With Quote