Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Atlanta Falcons Team Forum

Atlanta Falcons Team Forum Discuss the Falcons

View Poll Results: harrington or shockley
joey harrington 25 53.19%
d. j. shockley 22 46.81%
Voters: 47. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-02-2007, 05:10 AM    (permalink
reese

if vick gets suspended or thrown in jail...who would u rather have start...shockley or harington
Old 06-02-2007, 07:16 AM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Is Brian Randle still on board?

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966
SeanTaylorRIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2007, 11:10 AM    (permalink
iloxygenil
Pro Bowler

iloxygenil hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.iloxygenil hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Harrington or Redman. Shockley better not make the roster, much less be in contention to be the starter. I'd rather give up a FIRST round pick to get Trent Green in here, THAT's how much I HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE Shockley and have 0 confidence that he should be in the NFL right now.
iloxygenil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2007, 02:59 PM    (permalink
reese

have u ever seen him play?
Old 06-02-2007, 03:00 PM    (permalink
reese

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghettosermon View Post
Is Brian Randle still on board?

i think he got cut in favor of shockley last year
Old 06-02-2007, 03:12 PM    (permalink
cunningham06
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't get why you Falcons fans hate Shockley so much, he has a lot of natural ability and was a great leader at Georgia, who fell to a later round because of lack of experience. I liked what I saw from him in preseason last year, he looked pretty good. I'm a Shockley fan myself and think he can get the falcons offense moving if he gets a shot.
Old 06-02-2007, 03:16 PM    (permalink
doingthisinsteadofwork
All-Pro

doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.

id be better if Harrington was the starter obviously.HEs at least proven to be a good backup.
Old 06-02-2007, 03:22 PM    (permalink
JeffSamardzijaIRISH
Pro Bowler

JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by doingthisinsteadofwork View Post
id be better if Harrington was the starter obviously.HEs at least proven to be a good backup.
Lol, you mean proven to be a big loser. Gimmie Shockley, Harrington has consistently shown that all he can do is lose. I'd rather take a chance at a win rather than knowing we're gonna lose.
Old 06-02-2007, 03:29 PM    (permalink
BNad
Rookie

BNad hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

It almost sounds like you have something personal against DJ. I read some pretty good things about the mini camp he had.

I'd say, definitely, Harrington for at least as long as we've got an outside chance at the playoffs. I'm just really hoping it doesn't come down to it, haha.
BNad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2007, 04:22 PM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Don't worry about iloxygenil. DJ Shockley just refused to give him and autograph once.
Old 06-02-2007, 10:09 PM    (permalink
doingthisinsteadofwork
All-Pro

doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffSamardzijaIRISH View Post
Lol, you mean proven to be a big loser. Gimmie Shockley, Harrington has consistently shown that all he can do is lose. I'd rather take a chance at a win rather than knowing we're gonna lose.
Yah because him losing in Detorit and in Miami were all his fault.I dont understand the logic of taking a guy who only managed to start one whole season in his college career over a good backup.
Old 06-02-2007, 10:52 PM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Joey Harrington, easily. He has proven to be a game manager. He knows how to run the 'Trent Dilfer' offense.

Shiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2007, 11:32 PM    (permalink
iloxygenil
Pro Bowler

iloxygenil hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.iloxygenil hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Hey, I'd MUCH rather have Harrington, a former top 10 pick than SUCKLEY who couldn't even push David Greene out of his position...who has done what in the NFL? Oh yeah, nothing. Shockley is AMAZINGLY...inaccurate. That's what I can't stand, people rave about his preseason, and it was ALL 100% Kevin Youngblood going up and making that remarkable catch that put us in field goal position.
iloxygenil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2007, 10:17 AM    (permalink
BNad
Rookie

BNad hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

No quarterback in the country would have outted David Greene at starting QB while he was there after his freshman year. He's like a legend in UGA fans' minds, despite the fact he wasn't that great.
BNad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2007, 11:41 AM    (permalink
scar988
All-Pro

scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cunningham06 View Post
I don't get why you Falcons fans hate Shockley so much, he has a lot of natural ability and was a great leader at Georgia, who fell to a later round because of lack of experience. I liked what I saw from him in preseason last year, he looked pretty good. I'm a Shockley fan myself and think he can get the falcons offense moving if he gets a shot.
what? the only guy who doesn't like him is iloxy.

Owner of ScarDraft
Atlanta Falcons and NFL Draft Featured Columnist for Bleacher Report
scar988 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2007, 12:29 PM    (permalink
JeffSamardzijaIRISH
Pro Bowler

JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Yah because him losing in Detorit and in Miami were all his fault.I dont understand the logic of taking a guy who only managed to start one whole season in his college career over a good backup.
Harrington hasn't proven to be a good backup. This guy has never had a QB rating over 77, never thrown for atleast 60% of his passes, and only in one season has he thrown more TD's than INT's.
Old 06-03-2007, 06:08 PM    (permalink
cunningham06
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scar988 View Post
what? the only guy who doesn't like him is iloxy.
Oh my mistake, I remember talking about him in the Falcons team section last year and there weren't many supporters back then. Didn't mean to generalize.
Old 06-03-2007, 06:11 PM    (permalink
cunningham06
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by iloxygenil View Post
Hey, I'd MUCH rather have Harrington, a former top 10 pick than SUCKLEY who couldn't even push David Greene out of his position...who has done what in the NFL? Oh yeah, nothing. Shockley is AMAZINGLY...inaccurate. That's what I can't stand, people rave about his preseason, and it was ALL 100% Kevin Youngblood going up and making that remarkable catch that put us in field goal position.
You do know that David Greene set the record for most wins for a starting qb in his college career right?
Old 06-03-2007, 06:27 PM    (permalink
Severe Punishment
Veteran

Severe Punishment hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

This is like one of those old games "what would you rather"
...seems like this is like "what would you rather eat...a bucket of snot or a bucket of puke"

personally i'd take what's behind door #3
Severe Punishment is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2007, 06:32 PM    (permalink
LitoSheppard
Veteran

LitoSheppard needs more cowbell.

isn't Shockley Vick-ish?

^ bantx
Quote:
Originally Posted by LEROY_FROM_YONDER View Post
**** this forum it will never ever been good cause its memebers eat doo doo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jughead10 View Post
I just left him negative rep saying "I don't eat doo doo".
LitoSheppard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2007, 07:29 PM    (permalink
reese

Quote:
Originally Posted by iloxygenil View Post
i guess youngblood was the one that ran the playaction keeper on the 1st play of the drive....i guess he was also the one that twice scrambled and threw compltions down field...i guess he was also the 1 that put another on the money and it was dropped...ur right youngblood did all that..it was 100% him
Old 06-03-2007, 11:15 PM    (permalink
thefalconer
Pro Bowler

thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by reese View Post
i guess youngblood was the one that ran the playaction keeper on the 1st play of the drive....i guess he was also the one that twice scrambled and threw compltions down field...i guess he was also the 1 that put another on the money and it was dropped...ur right youngblood did all that..it was 100% him
haha amen. oxy, i really dont get why you hate him. hes got potentail to help this team out. idk about starting a regular season game but hes not as bad as you make him to be.
thefalconer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2007, 11:34 PM    (permalink
doingthisinsteadofwork
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffSamardzijaIRISH View Post
Harrington hasn't proven to be a good backup. This guy has never had a QB rating over 77, never thrown for atleast 60% of his passes, and only in one season has he thrown more TD's than INT's.
Your comparing him to a starter not a backup.Its been well documented that hes a crappy starter buts hes proven to be a good backup.Whereas Shockley hasnt proven anything.
Old 06-03-2007, 11:36 PM    (permalink
JeffSamardzijaIRISH
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Your comparing him to a starter not a backup.Its been well documented that hes a crappy starter buts hes proven to be a good backup.Whereas Shockley hasnt proven anything.
WTF, proven to be a good backup? Okay last year in Miami he was the "Back-up", so what happened there. Anyways, how can you be proven to be a good backup but not a starter. If he's starting the game, then he's technically the starter...
Old 06-03-2007, 11:38 PM    (permalink
49ersfan_87
Pro Bowler

49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Wouldnt a good backup be a decent starter, rather than a crappy starter?
49ersfan_87 is offline   Reply With Quote