Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > 2014 NFL Draft Forum

2014 NFL Draft Forum Discuss the 2014 NFL Draft

Old 06-02-2007, 11:49 AM    (permalink
SenorGato
Pro Bowler

SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Jonathan Stewart

Does anyone else think this guy is the second best back in the draft?

While I know college production is a big factor, but I think in many, many early draft rankings many ignore just how important an NFL body and skillset actually is.

Stewart is fast, big, strong, breaks tackles, never stops moving, and has the perfect NFL body.

Meanwhile guys like Steve Slaton are...quick and fast.

I don't know about you, but I think the former is way better for the NFL, wouldn't most agree?

Personally, I have Stewart as my second best RB prospect in the draft, and he's quickly becoming my favorite overall prospect.

Thoughts?
SenorGato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2007, 11:52 AM    (permalink
HoopsDemon12
Pro Bowler

HoopsDemon12 could make a wolverine purr.HoopsDemon12 could make a wolverine purr.HoopsDemon12 could make a wolverine purr.HoopsDemon12 could make a wolverine purr.HoopsDemon12 could make a wolverine purr.HoopsDemon12 could make a wolverine purr.HoopsDemon12 could make a wolverine purr.

Ya i really think he is the second best back, and with a solid season i think he could be on of the top prospects in the draft. the question is, was he good just cahsing that huge contract? using it as motivation? who knows but he strong fast and a very good RUNNING back. he knows what to do and is one of my favortie prospects as well in the draft

Sig By Diehardvikingfan
HoopsDemon12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2007, 02:33 PM    (permalink
BuddyCHRIST
Veteran

BuddyCHRIST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuddyCHRIST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuddyCHRIST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuddyCHRIST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuddyCHRIST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuddyCHRIST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuddyCHRIST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuddyCHRIST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuddyCHRIST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuddyCHRIST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuddyCHRIST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think most people here have him number 2, very few people actually have Slaton 2.
BuddyCHRIST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2007, 02:42 PM    (permalink
DorianSmith
Rookie

DorianSmith needs more cowbell.

Stewart hasnt done anything in collage but he does have an NFL body if you cant gain yards agianst The Pac-10 how are you gonna gan yards agianst the NFL
DorianSmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2007, 02:42 PM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well Stewart needs to produce, but on potential alone he is #2 in this draft. I'm not a big Slaton fan and of his competition and spread O, but he still has produced and stayed pretty healthy, which is more than we can say for Mr. Stewart. I've liked Stewart ever since he came out of HS, and I really think he can be a special player
Sniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2007, 03:29 PM    (permalink
OhioState
Veteran

OhioState hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.OhioState hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I think that Stewart is really overrated based on his measureables. There are a few other guys who could be better that him
Old 06-02-2007, 03:41 PM    (permalink
duckseason
All-Pro

duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Lets just all hope he can stay healthy this year. After the warm-up game against Houston, we'll be going to the Big House in Ann Arbor on Sep 8th. So we should all be treated to seeing a fully healthy Stewart against a Big-10 powerhouse on one of college football's biggest stages. Let's hope they don't do to Stewart what we did to Chris Perry when they visited our house a few years ago.
Old 06-02-2007, 07:14 PM    (permalink
Scott Wright
Owner
All-NFLDC

Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I love him but he needs to stay healthy. Definite first round potential in my opinion though.

Twitter: twitter.com/DraftCountdown

Draft Countdown Podcast, Every Tuesday at 8 PM EST
www.blogtalkradio.com/draftcountdown and on iTunes

Scott Wright is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2007, 07:29 PM    (permalink
HoopsDemon12
Pro Bowler

HoopsDemon12 could make a wolverine purr.HoopsDemon12 could make a wolverine purr.HoopsDemon12 could make a wolverine purr.HoopsDemon12 could make a wolverine purr.HoopsDemon12 could make a wolverine purr.HoopsDemon12 could make a wolverine purr.HoopsDemon12 could make a wolverine purr.

ya the big thing is the production.... he has tons of potential... and there are some players who were better pro's than in college, its to early to tell where he is gonna go but is a first round POTENTIAL pick

Sig By Diehardvikingfan
Old 06-02-2007, 08:16 PM    (permalink
TouchdownUSC
Rookie

TouchdownUSC hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

who do you guys think the third best rb in the draft is? brandon ore? slaton?
TouchdownUSC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2007, 09:20 PM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TouchdownUSC View Post
who do you guys think the third best rb in the draft is? brandon ore? slaton?
By pro prospects or collegiate production? If by collegiate, you could make a case for a bunch of guys. Ore, Slaton, Hart, Beanie Wells, James Davis, CJ Spiller, Felix Jones etc..
Old 06-02-2007, 09:21 PM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by SNIPER26 View Post
By pro prospects or collegiate production? If by collegiate, you could make a case for a bunch of guys. Ore, Slaton, Hart, Beanie Wells, James Davis, CJ Spiller, Felix Jones etc..
Edit: Didn't read the whole question. I'm an idiot. I like Jones and Davis, as well as Ore
Old 06-02-2007, 09:50 PM    (permalink
Ho0k Em'
Pro Bowler

Ho0k Em' could make a wolverine purr.Ho0k Em' could make a wolverine purr.Ho0k Em' could make a wolverine purr.Ho0k Em' could make a wolverine purr.Ho0k Em' could make a wolverine purr.Ho0k Em' could make a wolverine purr.Ho0k Em' could make a wolverine purr.Ho0k Em' could make a wolverine purr.

uhhhhh most people.
Old 06-02-2007, 09:51 PM    (permalink
jbeans187
Veteran

jbeans187 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.jbeans187 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

If Chris Henry was the 50th pick in the draft for his measurables, Stewart will be the second back taken bc he has similar measurables and way more production

Leroy Smith - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=koGD6XnAsNs
jbeans187 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2007, 09:59 PM    (permalink
Sportsfan486
Pro Bowler

Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SNIPER26 View Post
Well Stewart needs to produce, but on potential alone he is #2 in this draft. I'm not a big Slaton fan and of his competition and spread O, but he still has produced and stayed pretty healthy, which is more than we can say for Mr. Stewart. I've liked Stewart ever since he came out of HS, and I really think he can be a special player
It's not like he's Chris Henry here, he's done OKAY/GOOD when he's been healthy.

Def. the number 2 guy at this point in my mind.

When being a fanboi goes too far.
Sportsfan486 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2007, 10:43 PM    (permalink
marks01234
Veteran

marks01234 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marks01234 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marks01234 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marks01234 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marks01234 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marks01234 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marks01234 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marks01234 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marks01234 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marks01234 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marks01234 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm not so sure Stewart can't end up as the top back in this years draft.
marks01234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2007, 11:37 PM    (permalink
DorianSmith
Rookie

I like Slaton Better then Stewert Just because of what Slaton has done compared to stewert
Old 06-03-2007, 02:25 AM    (permalink
Paranoidmoonduck
Team Leader
All-Pro

Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The kid has a fantastic build and very good feet and speed for his bulk. I have a few concerns about his inconsistency last season, but a lot of that can be explained by the players around him failing. It isn't easy to produce as a runner in a spread offense if the defense isn't forced to respect the rest of your offense.

That said, you look at what defensive squads like that of Cal did to him, and you wonder if he is really that special of a player. He could be another LaMont Jordan.
Old 06-03-2007, 02:32 AM    (permalink
SuperKevin
Icon

SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I really like Stewart because of his size/speed combination. Plus he seems to be a solid blocker and reciever
SuperKevin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2007, 02:36 AM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by DorianSmith View Post
I like Slaton Better then Stewert Just because of what Slaton has done compared to stewert
Slaton has run in a gimmick offense vs. some of the worst teams in the country. That's like saying you like Ty Detmer and Timmy Chang because they produced too. Slaton is a one trick pony whereas Stewart is an absolute animal
Old 06-03-2007, 08:50 AM    (permalink
Muckluck

Jamaal Charles would have to merit 1st round consideration if he came out.

I think Marlon Lucky also has a shot to blow up. The junior running back class is just incredibly impressive.
Old 06-03-2007, 10:02 AM    (permalink
aheineken
Veteran

aheineken could make a wolverine purr.aheineken could make a wolverine purr.aheineken could make a wolverine purr.aheineken could make a wolverine purr.aheineken could make a wolverine purr.aheineken could make a wolverine purr.aheineken could make a wolverine purr.aheineken could make a wolverine purr.

Physically he was ready for the NFL his Freshman year. He just needs to learn the position better. If he has a breakout year, he could easily be a top 20 pick. His added value as a KR man will help him out some as well. It definitely would not be a stretch to say he's the #2 back, but there are several others you could argue for as well.
Southern Miss Golden Eagles
aheineken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2007, 01:00 PM    (permalink
HoopsDemon12
Pro Bowler

ive gotta say slaton because he has done a lot... and he is just i a good back, i dont know can he put more muscle and weight onto that frame of his? if he can and keep the speed.... i think he'll be extremly good

Sig By Diehardvikingfan
Old 06-03-2007, 01:28 PM    (permalink
Billingsley26
Pro Bowler

Billingsley26 is a cocksman.Billingsley26 is a cocksman.Billingsley26 is a cocksman.Billingsley26 is a cocksman.Billingsley26 is a cocksman.

I really like Jon Stewart. I think this year tells alot. But I dont think that College success does alot. I mean it does, but guys like Jared Zabranksy, Timmy Chang and so on had a tough time in the pros (you know what i mean). I think Stweart is very solid. Size, speed, bruising, breaks tackles, blocks and catches. If he can have somewhat of a decent season, play a big game against Michigan, and have the team around him have a solid season, then I think he could be the #2 back. Right now he is definately top 5, possibly top 3.
Billingsley26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2007, 01:29 PM    (permalink
DorianSmith
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoopsDemon12 View Post
ive gotta say slaton because he has done a lot... and he is just i a good back, i dont know can he put more muscle and weight onto that frame of his? if he can and keep the speed.... i think he'll be extremly good
Exactly What i was saying but i do like Stewert but not as much as i like Slaton or Rice for that matter