Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Kansas City Chiefs Team Forum

Kansas City Chiefs Team Forum Discuss the Chiefs

Old 06-02-2007, 04:21 PM    (permalink
T-RICH49
All-NFLDC

T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Obervations from practice

Justin Medlok and Kolby Smith really caught my eye.Both had great days and should be factors major this year

Donnie Edwards still has a lot left.He was very impressive and got the loudes ovation of anyone on the team(LJ included)

the safety's looked good I have no worries with them back there

Colquitt also stood out booming kicks
Old 06-02-2007, 04:44 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Was D-Bo not there or what I never saw him?
Old 06-02-2007, 04:46 PM    (permalink
T-RICH49
All-NFLDC

T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splat420 View Post
Was D-Bo not there or what I never saw him?
He was attending the funerall of Marquise Hill
Old 06-02-2007, 05:02 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-RICH49 View Post
He was attending the funerall of Marquise Hill
O ok thats cool I kinda thought that might have been what he was doing but no one around me knew what the deal was.
Old 06-02-2007, 05:16 PM    (permalink
T-RICH49
All-NFLDC

yeah Herm told him to go because he was'nt sure what to do.He should be back tommorow from what I hear
Old 06-02-2007, 05:20 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

I understand 100% it sucks I wanted to see him but there are bigger things then football.
Old 06-02-2007, 07:26 PM    (permalink
Hermstheman83
Veteran

Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So what about the D-line guys? I think it would be hard to rate them as they aren't playing in pads. Also, I like D-Bo more and more with this apparent dedication to the team, and to his brother at LSU
Old 06-02-2007, 07:27 PM    (permalink
Hermstheman83
Veteran

Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Also, you say that Kolby Smith will be a factor, I think a guy on KC's website compared him to Kimble Anders....do you guys(who went) see any similarities?
Old 06-02-2007, 07:49 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

I will start with the DL I'm no expert and don't claim to be but they look much improved IMO the size at DT really sticks out Tank standing next to Ron Edwards is down right scary. The power those two show running drills is unreal I would not want to make either mad lol. It sucks to say since he will be out the first four games but Jared Allen stuck out the most you just can't block him he was in the back field all day long. I really liked what I saw out of Benny Sapp as well I know he is small but the guy plays big if you know what I mean he looked pretty good out there should lock up the nickel spot for sure. I know I said I would keep an eye on Kolby Smith but where I was sittin I could see the D a lot better so I watched them more but what I did see I liked he is an all around back he is a faster but smaller Kimble Anders.

P.S. undrafted WR from Missouri stuck out the most out of the undrafted players great hands.

Edit: One more thing Dustin Colquitt = Pro Bowler

Last edited by Splat : 06-02-2007 at 07:52 PM.
Splat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2007, 08:56 PM    (permalink
BPhilb
Veteran

BPhilb is so money.BPhilb is so money.BPhilb is so money.BPhilb is so money.BPhilb is so money.BPhilb is so money.BPhilb is so money.BPhilb is so money.BPhilb is so money.BPhilb is so money.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splat420 View Post
I will start with the DL I'm no expert and don't claim to be but they look much improved IMO the size at DT really sticks out Tank standing next to Ron Edwards is down right scary. The power those two show running drills is unreal I would not want to make either mad lol. It sucks to say since he will be out the first four games but Jared Allen stuck out the most you just can't block him he was in the back field all day long. I really liked what I saw out of Benny Sapp as well I know he is small but the guy plays big if you know what I mean he looked pretty good out there should lock up the nickel spot for sure. I know I said I would keep an eye on Kolby Smith but where I was sittin I could see the D a lot better so I watched them more but what I did see I liked he is an all around back he is a faster but smaller Kimble Anders.

P.S. undrafted WR from Missouri stuck out the most out of the undrafted players great hands.

Edit: One more thing Dustin Colquitt = Pro Bowler
Hope your right. A good D-Line makes watching football so much more fun. We showed some brief flashes last year but hopefully we can sustain great play with the unit this season.
BPhilb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2007, 09:53 PM    (permalink
T-RICH49
All-NFLDC

I was so impressed with Smith.He hiut the hole quickly and showed really good speed.Eckerwrekwru will take Parker's spot on the roster IMHO

Last edited by T-RICH49 : 06-02-2007 at 10:19 PM.
T-RICH49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2007, 10:03 PM    (permalink
jag
Veteran

jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

How did Brodie Croyle look?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazy_Chris View Post
It's just a ******* dog By Michael Vick
Check out the Dailyer Nebraskan
http://www.dailyernebraskan.com
421 Witness
756*
jag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2007, 10:22 PM    (permalink
T-RICH49
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by jag View Post
How did Brodie Croyle look?
pretty good a couple of times I saw him get happy feet but he made some good accurate throws
Old 06-02-2007, 10:58 PM    (permalink
Ho0k Em'
Pro Bowler

Ho0k Em' could make a wolverine purr.Ho0k Em' could make a wolverine purr.Ho0k Em' could make a wolverine purr.Ho0k Em' could make a wolverine purr.Ho0k Em' could make a wolverine purr.Ho0k Em' could make a wolverine purr.Ho0k Em' could make a wolverine purr.Ho0k Em' could make a wolverine purr.

Croyle was the best looking QB in the 11 on 11 at the end. Huard was the best up until then. Croyle and Green both threw a couple beautiful long balls. The WR from Missouri looked very good. Like someone said above Donnie still has alot left. Jared Allen looked amazing. James Reed looked very good. Tank Tyler looked big, but got owned in one on one drills. He went up like 4 straight times and got mauled every time. Boomer as suprisingly good at FB.

just a few, but obviously it's not much to go off of.
Old 06-02-2007, 11:11 PM    (permalink
adschofield
Pro Bowler

adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Donnie Edwards always struck me as someone who took care of their body, and could play at a high level late in his career.

sig by BoneKrusher

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuckNaked View Post
Ok I'd almost rather spank my meat with sandpaper at this point.
adschofield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2007, 11:48 PM    (permalink
Hermstheman83
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ho0k Em' View Post
Croyle was the best looking QB in the 11 on 11 at the end. Huard was the best up until then. Croyle and Green both threw a couple beautiful long balls. The WR from Missouri looked very good. Like someone said above Donnie still has alot left. Jared Allen looked amazing. James Reed looked very good. Tank Tyler looked big, but got owned in one on one drills. He went up like 4 straight times and got mauled every time. Boomer as suprisingly good at FB.

just a few, but obviously it's not much to go off of.
Sounds like a competition abrew at the FB spot. Anyone see how Turk Mcbride did? After all the hype of Tank, I'm a little worried(it was only practice though) who did he get owned by? You guys' said Croyle looks better than Green? Now THAT"S the news of the week!
Old 06-02-2007, 11:54 PM    (permalink
Ho0k Em'
Pro Bowler

Ho0k Em' could make a wolverine purr.Ho0k Em' could make a wolverine purr.Ho0k Em' could make a wolverine purr.Ho0k Em' could make a wolverine purr.Ho0k Em' could make a wolverine purr.Ho0k Em' could make a wolverine purr.Ho0k Em' could make a wolverine purr.Ho0k Em' could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hermstheman83 View Post
Sounds like a competition abrew at the FB spot. Anyone see how Turk Mcbride did? After all the hype of Tank, I'm a little worried(it was only practice though) who did he get owned by? You guys' said Croyle looks better than Green? Now THAT"S the news of the week!
I think it was Wiegmann, but I don't remember right off hand....a scary possiblity...Rudy Niswanger. I know it was 60somethin.
Old 06-03-2007, 12:18 AM    (permalink
Ho0k Em'
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hermstheman83 View Post
No, Croyle didn't look all that good up untill 11 on 11. Huard looked the best followed closely by Green(really only because a pick and and another tipped ball both by Surtain. The pick was pretty nice Donnie got up to tip it and Surtain caught it.
Old 06-03-2007, 12:32 AM    (permalink
T-RICH49
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ho0k Em' View Post
No, Croyle didn't look all that good up untill 11 on 11. Huard looked the best followed closely by Green(really only because a pick and and another tipped ball both by Surtain. The pick was pretty nice Donnie got up to tip it and Surtain caught it.
I could have sworn Sapp caught it not Surtain
Old 06-03-2007, 12:38 AM    (permalink
Ho0k Em'
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-RICH49 View Post
I could have sworn Sapp caught it not Surtain
I'm 95 percent sure it was Surtain because my friend was wearing a Surtain Jersey and he was pointing at it after he got it.
Old 06-03-2007, 12:45 AM    (permalink
kmartin575
Veteran

kmartin575 needs more cowbell.

It was Surtain.

And IMO Croyle looked alot better than Green. Green made alot of crappy throws.
kmartin575 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2007, 10:24 AM    (permalink
T-RICH49
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmartin575 View Post
It was Surtain.

And IMO Croyle looked alot better than Green. Green made alot of crappy throws.
It was?Ok I was on the opposite side of the field I know 20-something picked it off but could not tell who
Old 06-03-2007, 12:14 PM    (permalink
KaneMarko
Veteran

KaneMarko is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KaneMarko is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KaneMarko is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KaneMarko is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KaneMarko is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KaneMarko is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KaneMarko is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KaneMarko is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KaneMarko is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KaneMarko is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KaneMarko is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Pretty exciting day yesterday. My only complaint was that I could watch the film on the practices as it was hard to watch everything with so much going on at the same time.

I thought Brad Ewkerekwu looked pretty good. Made a couple nice snags. One of which was a nice throw and catch from Croyle to him in the back of the endzone from about 40 yards out. Samie Parker better step up and watch his back.

Parker looked solid. But sometimes he appears to fight the ball when trying to make a hands catch. Historically he's seemed to be more comfortable catching the ball with his body instead of his hands. There have been times in the past where it seems he goes out of his way to catch the ball with his body instead of his hands. Not sure why that is.

Ron Edwards still holds the title of Chiefs' biggest D-Lineman. That man is absolutely huge. There's no way he's only 315 pounds as he is listed. It wouldn't shock me at all if he's at least 330 pounds or so. In an interview last season Kawika Mitchell said Edwards is probably closer to 340 pounds.

Tank Tyler had a few good flashes in some individual drills. And had a couple nice plays in 11 on 11. But although it was at a distance, it loooked like Brian Waters absolutely owned him in a one on one drill. I tried to keep it in perspective that Waters is an All-Pro guard and Tank is a rookie. But from my vantage point, it looked like Waters had no problem blocking him. Looked like Krumrie layed into him pretty good afterwards (Krumrie was also seen giving Tank the business off and on throughout the afternoon). I have high hopes for Tank. I was hoping he could show enough that he and Ron Edwards can be our starting D-Tackle duo. But it looks like Tank has a lot to learn. But it's still early. So we'll see.

I thought young Brodie looked pretty solid for the most part. As I mentioned earlier he threw a pretty good bomb to Brad Ekwerekwu in the back of the endzone. Then there was another pass that he hit Keith Willis (I think) in the corner of the endzone that looked nearly impossible. Willis was being double covered. And there didnt' appear to be much room to fit the ball. Yet Brodie managed to fit the ball over two leaping defenders to connect with his receiver. He also showed some pretty good zip on the ball all throughout the day. The kid certainly has a good arm.

5th rounder Kolby Smith really caught my eye. He's significantly faster than I anticipated. And looked pretty smooth and natural with the ball. A lot of people are thinking and wanting this kid to be a fullback. Based on what I saw yesterday, this kid needs to be a tailback. Since Derrick Ross appears to be doing pretty well in Europe, we may have to keep 4 RBs on the roster: LJ, Bennett, Smith and Ross.

Back to the D-Line. Tamba Hali looked significantly quicker and faster than last year. If we get any kind push from the interior he's going to have a monster year.

As another poster stated, Jared looked very lean and mean. It's quite obvious he's turned up his offseason workout program up several notches. As with Tamba, Jared looks significantly quicker this season. Too bad he's going to miss 4 games to suspense. Because it looks like if he played 16 full games, he might put up numbers good enough to go to Hawaii. It looks like he still might based on the quickness he showed yesterday.

It was just a practice. Without pads at that. So you really shouldn't put too much stock in the happenings of yesterday. But there were certainly some things that looked pretty good. And some other things that didn't look so good. Should be an interesting training camp next month.
KaneMarko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2007, 12:32 PM    (permalink
jag
Veteran

jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Oh, and I forgot to mention. Justin Medlock will be your starting kicker for the next 10+ years. He's absolutely incredible, and so clutch. You won't regret taking him in front of Mason Crosby.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazy_Chris View Post
It's just a ******* dog By Michael Vick
Check out the Dailyer Nebraskan
http://www.dailyernebraskan.com
421 Witness
756*
jag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2007, 02:20 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Unless we keep two FB's which I don't see I think Wilson will lock up that spot Boomer will get cut IMO. I know people like him I do to but he is not a cover two LB and KW is the better all around FB.