Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 12-02-2006, 03:06 AM    (permalink
CM4
Rookie

CM4 CM4 CM4
Default Brandon Jacobs vs. Marion Barber vs. Michael Turner

Which back would you want?

I feel that Marion Barber is the best out of all of them, he is the quickest and fastest for sure and runs with great power for his size. I actually feel he should be starting of Julius Jones but Im not Dallas' RB coach so it doesnt mean much.
I feel Brandon Jacobs is vastly overrated because of his size, people immediately say he is unstoppable in Goal Line situations when that is simply not true, of course he will truck people here and there, but i dont think he can be a full time starter.
And Turner I feel will never be a real solid starting back for another Team, I feel that he is a great backup but is not an every down back, he doesnt have enough quickness to be effective every down, he runs hard but he just will never be anywhere near an elite back.

Whats your take on these guys?
CM4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2006, 03:08 AM    (permalink
CM4
Rookie

CM4 CM4 CM4

can a moderator please ADD MICHAEL TURNER to the options for the poll question
CM4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2006, 03:16 AM    (permalink
Windy
All-Pro

Windy is so money.Windy is so money.Windy is so money.Windy is so money.Windy is so money.Windy is so money.Windy is so money.Windy is so money.Windy is so money.Windy is so money.

Marion Barber
Windy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2006, 03:35 AM    (permalink
Mr. Stiller
All-Pro

Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I like Marion Barber, but Brandon Jacobs is just a monster. Although Barber is more versatile, I'm from a power rushing team and I'd take Jacobs.
Mr. Stiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2006, 04:50 AM    (permalink
Burns336
Pro Bowler

Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336

barber leads the nfc with 11 td's. hes got a nose for the end zone.
Burns336 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2006, 06:16 AM    (permalink
JonIH87
Rookie

JonIH87 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

This is a really good question.

I'd take Marion Barber III

He's more versatile (A MUST in this league)
He's fast, he's shifty, he can catch, he can pass protect.
He's a violent runner, both in how he attacks the defense and in his motions.
He's not smooth, but he gets the job done.
He's got good vision, and he hits the hole hard.
He just won't break a long one.
He's the perfect compliment runningback.
To any runningback.

Whereas Jacobs is just bowling ball.
He smacks you in the mouth, and then smacks your teammates in the mouth, and THEN falls forward 2 more yards.
He's beastly in the short yardage situations.
I think defenses are actually afraid of him.
But's he only got that one thing.

Turner is a very good back, who is in the perfect place.
He was workhorse in college, and being the backup to LT, he's gotten to rest his legs.
He's a very good between the tackles runner, but he's also got VERY VERY good short area burst.
And decent top end speed.
He's not a great pass protector, or receiver.

It all really depends on who your starting RB is and what his strengths are, but MBIII would be my choice.
JonIH87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2006, 07:30 AM    (permalink
dcarey20
Pro Bowler

dcarey20 is a cocksman.dcarey20 is a cocksman.dcarey20 is a cocksman.dcarey20 is a cocksman.

I really, really like Barber.

Barber, Turner, Jacobs, in that order, though I like all of them.
Old 12-02-2006, 07:34 AM    (permalink
MaxV
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think Barber would put up excellent numbers if he was starting.

Both Turner and Jacobs can start too and I think would be 1,000 yard backs also, but neither has the ability of Barber.
MaxV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2006, 07:46 AM    (permalink

Barber for me.
Old 12-02-2006, 08:22 AM    (permalink
I'mAHustler
Veteran

I'mAHustler hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

It's Tha Burna for me. He would be lighting it up anywhere else plus he's got gamebreaking speed...

He'll probably end up being a WR or something...
I'mAHustler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2006, 10:08 AM    (permalink
P-L
Head Moderator
Legend

P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I really like Michael Turner. I was actually disappointed when San Diego drafted him because I didn't think he'd get much of a shot.
P-L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2006, 10:13 AM    (permalink
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
All-NFLDC

MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

IMO Barber would probly be the best starter on most teams, but I just really like Brandon Jacobs. He's an absolute monster.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Terrellezzzzzzzz Pryorzzzzzzzz!
Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
do i tell you when to flip the burger?
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2006, 10:29 AM    (permalink
draftguru151
:/
Legend

draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'll take Brandon Jacobs. That is one big mofo.

<Gaius_Baltar> That is correct comahan
<vidae> I ******* LOVE YOU DG
<njx9> <3 dg
draftguru151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2006, 10:35 AM    (permalink
The Unseen
Team Leader
Icon

The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This is a very good question...Brandon Jacobs or Michael Turner for me; I can't decide. I also hear good things about Barber.

by BoneKrusher
Quote:
<DG> how metal unseen
Quote:
<TheUnseen> Drunken Canadian Bastard: There's an APS for that
The Unseen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2006, 10:37 AM    (permalink
Number 10
All-NFLDC

Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.

Barber is a more complete back. With that said, Jacobs is faster than you guys think, you'll find out next year. He is much better in short yardage situations and that is pretty much all he has been asked to do.

If I needed an every down back, I'd take Barber right now. If I needed a power back, I'd take Jacobs.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikes99ej View Post
These last 50 seconds will define Eli Manning.
MISSION ACCOMPLISHED
Number 10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2006, 11:02 AM    (permalink
Hurricane Ditka
Team Leader
All-Pro

Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Brandon Jacobs. He's an absolute beast. 6-4, 250, ran a 4.55 forty. He's a monster.

sig by VLS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smokey Joe View Post
I don't care...
Hurricane Ditka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2006, 11:03 AM    (permalink
$KidCowboy$
Rookie

$KidCowboy$ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.$KidCowboy$ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.$KidCowboy$ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.$KidCowboy$ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.$KidCowboy$ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.$KidCowboy$ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.$KidCowboy$ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.$KidCowboy$ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.$KidCowboy$ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.$KidCowboy$ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.$KidCowboy$ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonIH87
This is a really good question.

I'd take Marion Barber III

He's more versatile (A MUST in this league)
He's fast, he's shifty, he can catch, he can pass protect.
He's a violent runner, both in how he attacks the defense and in his motions.
He's not smooth, but he gets the job done.
He's got good vision, and he hits the hole hard.
He just won't break a long one.
He's the perfect compliment runningback.
To any runningback.

Whereas Jacobs is just bowling ball.
He smacks you in the mouth, and then smacks your teammates in the mouth, and THEN falls forward 2 more yards.
He's beastly in the short yardage situations.
I think defenses are actually afraid of him.
But's he only got that one thing.

Turner is a very good back, who is in the perfect place.
He was workhorse in college, and being the backup to LT, he's gotten to rest his legs.
He's a very good between the tackles runner, but he's also got VERY VERY good short area burst.
And decent top end speed.
He's not a great pass protector, or receiver.

It all really depends on who your starting RB is and what his strengths are, but MBIII would be my choice.
was that a poem?

Thanks Tobzilla
$KidCowboy$ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2006, 11:03 AM    (permalink
NIN1984
Pro Bowler

NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Brandon Jacobs! that guy is so much fun to watch he's a beast
NIN1984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2006, 11:30 AM    (permalink
KILLERSANTA
Pro Bowler

KILLERSANTA hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Barber
Old 12-02-2006, 11:37 AM    (permalink
thetedginnshow
All-NFLDC

thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Depends on what I wanted. If I wanted a back-up, it'd probably be Jacobs. But if I wanted a franchise back, it'd be Barber.
Old 12-02-2006, 11:42 AM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thetedginnshow
Depends on what I wanted. If I wanted a back-up, it'd probably be Jacobs. But if I wanted a franchise back, it'd be Barber.
I'd take Barber for both.
Old 12-02-2006, 12:49 PM    (permalink
Vikes99ej
Icon

Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'll take Barber for sure. Yeah, Jacobs is huge, but he would not be a good everydown back.
Vikes99ej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2006, 01:08 PM    (permalink
eacantdraft
Pro Bowler

eacantdraft smells like sex panther.

Brandon Jacobs hands down. He will be the 2nd coming of The Bus.
eacantdraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2006, 01:09 PM    (permalink
Number 10
All-NFLDC

Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikes99ej
I'll take Barber for sure. Yeah, Jacobs is huge, but he would not be a good everydown back.
Are you basing that off of his size or have you seen him play enough?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikes99ej View Post
These last 50 seconds will define Eli Manning.
MISSION ACCOMPLISHED
Number 10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2006, 01:10 PM    (permalink
Eaglez.Fan
All-Pro

Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

1. Turner
2. Barber
3. Jacobs