Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 12-02-2006, 01:11 PM    (permalink
doingthisinsteadofwork
All-Pro

doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.

I hate Turner he has the power to run over people but doesnt.
Old 12-02-2006, 01:13 PM    (permalink
Vikes99ej
Icon

Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Number 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikes99ej
I'll take Barber for sure. Yeah, Jacobs is huge, but he would not be a good everydown back.
Are you basing that off of his size or have you seen him play enough?
I've seen im play plenty. I have tiki Barber, so I watch the giants whenever they're on T.V. Jacobs just doesn't have everything I want in a feature back.
Vikes99ej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2006, 01:14 PM    (permalink
bmoreravens5289
Rookie

bmoreravens5289 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

1. Brandon Jacobs
2. Micheal Turner
3. Marion Barber

Jacobs is like Jamal Lewis when he was younger...

Sig by BuckNaked
Ravens
Baltimore Orioles
Maryland Terrapins
bmoreravens5289 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2006, 01:23 PM    (permalink
Number 10
All-NFLDC

Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
I'll take Barber for sure. Yeah, Jacobs is huge, but he would not be a good everydown back.
I've seen im play plenty. I have tiki Barber, so I watch the giants whenever they're on T.V. Jacobs just doesn't have everything I want in a feature back.
Alright fair enough. Just wanted to make sure because many will make their judgments off of his size alone and not realize how fast he really is.

For those of you who don't know much about him, go look at his YPC and realize he gets 75-85% of his carries on 3rd and 1 or on the goal line.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikes99ej View Post
These last 50 seconds will define Eli Manning.
MISSION ACCOMPLISHED
Number 10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2006, 01:29 PM    (permalink
Shane P. Hallam
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'll go with Turner. Barber is essentially a 1b RB for Dallas, so he gets the chances that Jacobs and Turner doesn't, thus why he looks better. I LOVE Barber, but I think Turner could really be a great back in the NFL.

Follow Me on Twitter!
https://twitter.com/ShanePHallam
Shane P. Hallam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2006, 01:29 PM    (permalink
Vikes99ej
Icon

Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Alright fair enough. Just wanted to make sure because many will make their judgments off of his size alone and not realize how fast he really is.

For those of you who don't know much about him, go look at his YPC and realize he gets 75-85% of his carries on 3rd and 1 or on the goal line.
He's probably the best 3rd down back in the league. Number 10, do you think the Giants will use him full-time next year, or will they pursue a back in the offseason or draft?
Vikes99ej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2006, 01:31 PM    (permalink
Damix
All-Pro

Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It would have been Barber, but I've seen that Jacobs can catch out of the backfield and has really developed in pass protections.
Damix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2006, 01:40 PM    (permalink
Number 10
All-NFLDC

Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

He's probably the best 3rd down back in the league. Number 10, do you think the Giants will use him full-time next year, or will they pursue a back in the offseason or draft?
We'll without a doubt pursue a RB in the offseason. I don't want Turner here unless we could get him for a 2nd rounder....even then I'd be shaky.

He can be a full time back but his legs, much like Eddie George, will take a beating therefore I want another back to go along with him. It can be a slasher or it can be another powr back, really doesn't matter to me.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikes99ej View Post
These last 50 seconds will define Eli Manning.
MISSION ACCOMPLISHED
Number 10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2006, 01:54 PM    (permalink
swagger
Veteran

swagger hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

MB3 is a stud. I think he could easily be a workhorse RB for a team, and I think he is almost better than Julius Jones. In that draft, the Vikes traded up for Ciatrick Fason (who hasn't done much). If they had traded up for Barber, I think he'd be their franchise RB right now.

Brad Jacobs is also a stud-- but I'm not sure he could be a franchise #1 RB. I just don't trust the durability of a 6'4 running back in the NFL. I think his role is perfect. When Tiki retires they should try to bring in some "lightning" to Jacobs' "thunder". That "thunder and lightning" phrase is so overused, but Jacobs is just perfect for it.

Michael Turner is overrated, in my opinion. Defenses likely breath a huge sigh of relief when LT is standing on the sideline on an offensive possession. I don't think it'd be too difficult for a guy to look good being Tomlinson's backup. If I were Turner, I'd try and stay a backup to LT.

sig by vikes99ej

RIP Sean Taylor
4/1/1983 - 11/27/2007
swagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2006, 02:34 PM    (permalink
TiTaNsFAN 1014
Rookie

TiTaNsFAN 1014 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.
Default burner

i would personally take M Turner. I was listening to one of the sports radio shows here in Chicago right before the San Diego Vs. Chicago Pre season game, and the hosts were talkin to the main commentator guy for the chargers and he said that the Chargers know how good Turner can be and they would want a first round pick for him. That's what he said, not me. I like all these backs but im not sure, depending on how high the pick is, that i would ever trade a first round pick for any of these three guys. Also, during that Bears vs chargers pre season game, Turner was just manhandling the bears first team defense. He runs very hard and is still pretty quick too. All 3 guys could be quality starters, but i like Turner the best.
Old 12-02-2006, 05:22 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Tough question. I think its between Turner and Jacobs.

MBIII is the most complete, but he doesn't have the speed I would like in a full time back.

Jacobs has the speed and power, but lacks shiftiness, and can work on catching.

Turner has power and speed and shiftiness, but needs to work on pass protection and catching.

I'll take Turner. I think he's the most capable of the 3 for every down. He gives you power, speed, and shiftiness. His faults can be worked on.

By the way, having a poll with any Cowboy player is useless for obvious reasons...
Old 12-02-2006, 06:47 PM    (permalink
JT Jag
Pro Bowler

JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The stats say that Maurice Drew is strictly better then both Jacobs and Turner.

So I gotta give it up to Marion Barber III.
JT Jag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2006, 11:08 PM    (permalink
Poet3334
Rookie

Poet3334 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

MBIII all day. More versitility.

"You know what charm is: a way of getting the answer yes without having asked any clear question."
Albert Camus
Poet3334 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2006, 11:40 PM    (permalink
Bearsfan123
Pro Bowler

Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i prefer Jacobs. Ive only seen him a couple times, but i was very impressed. I personally think he can be their feature back next year and may even surpass what Tiki will have put out this year.

Barber looked good to me as well, but *shrug* I just like Jacobs more.

Whitney Mercilus will be a better and more productive player than Shea McClellin

In Tyler We Trust

Welcome to Project Mayhem

This was stolen, and I appreciate it.
Jimmy Buckets <3
Bearsfan123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2006, 11:41 PM    (permalink
ccB
All-NFLDC

ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Turner, Barber, Jacobs. In that order. I love Turners blend of speed and power.
Old 12-02-2006, 11:49 PM    (permalink
jpapa4490
Rookie

jpapa4490 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Barber III
jpapa4490 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2006, 12:47 AM    (permalink
fryman
Rookie

fryman hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Turner
Barber
Jacobs

Barber isn't a threat to score if you aren't in the redzone. Turner is a threat anywhere.
fryman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2006, 01:16 AM    (permalink
swagger
Veteran

swagger hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fryman
Turner
Barber
Jacobs

Barber isn't a threat to score if you aren't in the redzone. Turner is a threat anywhere.
So is Michael Bennett. That means nothing.

sig by vikes99ej

RIP Sean Taylor
4/1/1983 - 11/27/2007
swagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2006, 01:42 AM    (permalink
DHVF
All-NFLDC

DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by swagger
Quote:
Turner
Barber
Jacobs

Oh snap!

DHVF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2006, 05:09 AM    (permalink
duckseason
All-Pro

duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Quote:
Turner
Barber
Jacobs

Huh? It means nothing if a back can take it to the house from anywhere on the field?
Dude, that is basically a prerequisite for being a full time back in the NFL. It's really the only attribute keeping Barber from starting.

I rank them like this-

1a Turner
1b Barber
1c Jacobs

I certainly wouldn't give up a first for any of them though. Quality backs grow like weeds.
Very few are worth so much as to skip on certain rare specimens that can be found in that premium range.
Old 12-03-2006, 10:19 AM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If Barber is so good why doesn't he get more carries. It isn't like he is playing behind Tiki or LT?
Old 12-03-2006, 10:24 AM    (permalink
Marion Barber III 24
Rookie

Marion Barber III 24 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jughead10
If Barber is so good why doesn't he get more carries. It isn't like he is playing behind Tiki or LT?
The reason Barber doesn't get many carries is because Bill is using the Two-Back system effectivly. I can't argue with success.

How can you argue 11 Tds in One season? He is the perfect complimentary back. Julius isn't bad in his own right, should break 1,000.

You have to remember though, before Romo, we were running against 8 in the Box.

You know my choice :)
Marion Barber III 24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2006, 10:24 AM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hurricane Ditka
Brandon Jacobs. He's an absolute beast. 6-4, 250, ran a 4.55 forty. He's a monster.
He is actually 264 and runs that. Yeah, he's bigger than Strahan. He is a physical freak. Of that likes we haven't seen since Bo Jackson. The question is hard to answer because his opportunities have been more limited than the other two backs. But like Number 10 said, just look at his yards per carry and remember that the majority of his carries he is only asked to get 1 or 2 yards.
Old 12-03-2006, 10:28 AM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marion Barber III 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jughead10
The reason Barber doesn't get many carries is because Bill is using the Two-Back system effectivly. I can't argue with success.

How can you argue 11 Tds in One season? He is the perfect complimentary back. Julius isn't bad in his own right, should break 1,000.

You have to remember though, before Romo, we were running against 8 in the Box.

You know my choice :)
It is hard to argue with 11 TDs in one season. But Jacobs is almost right there as well with 8 with more limited opportunities.
Old 12-03-2006, 01:07 PM    (permalink
fryman
Rookie

fryman hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Quote:
Turner
Barber
Jacobs

That with the rest of his running would make him a good feature back. Jacobs and Barber I think would be about equal running, so Barber got the nod there because he is more versatile.

Turner could probably have just as many TDs as Barber, but Turner has LT in front of him as a goal line back. Turner has size and athleticism, which would probably make him a great goal line back.
fryman is offline   Reply With Quote