Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 12-03-2006, 05:51 PM    (permalink
locseti
Veteran

locseti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.locseti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.locseti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.locseti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.locseti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.locseti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.locseti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.locseti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.locseti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.locseti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.locseti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Jacob is my favorite player out of these three. But I would love to have any of these guys on The Raiders. They're all future stars and I dont know why Orange Julius starts over MBIII...

Jacobs showed some speed against Dallas today, took a little screen pass for like 35 yds.

MBIII is a helluva blocker too.
locseti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2006, 06:21 PM    (permalink
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
All-NFLDC

MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Jacobs pwns.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Terrellezzzzzzzz Pryorzzzzzzzz!
Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
do i tell you when to flip the burger?
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2006, 06:26 PM    (permalink
swagger
Veteran

swagger hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Yep, I agree. MB3 > JJ. Definitely.

As a Viking fan, MB3 > Chester Taylor. In that draft we traded up in the 4th round to take Ciatrick Fason. Look at this chunk of picks:

109 Dallas Marion Barber RB Minnesota
110 N.Y. Giants Brandon Jacobs RB Southern Illinois
111 Arizona Elton Brown G Virginia
112 Minnesota Ciatrick Fason RB Florida

The (now fired) Vikings staff have pie on their faces. They should traded up a little more and nabbed one of those two, preferably MB3. Had they traded up for MB3, I think he would be the franchise back of this team, because as I said MB3 > Chester Taylor. What a pity.

sig by vikes99ej

RIP Sean Taylor
4/1/1983 - 11/27/2007
swagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2006, 07:50 PM    (permalink
Space Ghost
Veteran

Space Ghost hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I would take Brandon Jacobs. He is probably not the fastest but he is obviously the biggest. He can also catch the ball decently, its the one thing that none of them really do that often, but from what I have seen of Jacobs he seems better than both Turner and Barber save the Thanks Giving masacre vs. the Bucs.

Jacobs runs with authority and won't go down. I know that all three of these guys are physical power backs, but you can't ignore Jacobs size advantage and his highlight reel of plowing people. To be honest I wouldn't want any of these backups starting for my team, I would prefer a healthy Greg Jones over all of them, he is pretty much a shorter Brandon Jacobs who doesn't leave himself as open for injuries (I know he is often injured).

I have no idea how any of these guys pass block because they aren't usually in the game on passing downs. I personally would take Brandon Jacobs of the three offered, but as for other backup running backs I would take ahead of these guys: Greg Jones, Maurice Jones-Drew and Ladell Betts. Maybe someone should make a thread about which backup running back you would take for a starter.
Space Ghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2006, 07:58 PM    (permalink
Poet3334
Rookie

Poet3334 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

After what I saw today, I know that Jacobs is a STUD. He was the only Giant that I was afraid of. They should have used him more. I'm glad they didn't though.

"You know what charm is: a way of getting the answer yes without having asked any clear question."
Albert Camus
Poet3334 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2006, 08:07 PM    (permalink
fryman
Rookie

fryman hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Space Ghost
I would take Brandon Jacobs. He is probably not the fastest but he is obviously the biggest. He can also catch the ball decently, its the one thing that none of them really do that often, but from what I have seen of Jacobs he seems better than both Turner and Barber save the Thanks Giving masacre vs. the Bucs.

Jacobs runs with authority and won't go down. I know that all three of these guys are physical power backs, but you can't ignore Jacobs size advantage and his highlight reel of plowing people. To be honest I wouldn't want any of these backups starting for my team, I would prefer a healthy Greg Jones over all of them, he is pretty much a shorter Brandon Jacobs who doesn't leave himself as open for injuries (I know he is often injured).

I have no idea how any of these guys pass block because they aren't usually in the game on passing downs. I personally would take Brandon Jacobs of the three offered, but as for other backup running backs I would take ahead of these guys: Greg Jones, Maurice Jones-Drew and Ladell Betts. Maybe someone should make a thread about which backup running back you would take for a starter.
from this post alone I can tell you don't watch many Cowboys games or you dont pay attention. Barber is in on just as many pass plays as Julius. Also he is the 3rd down running back, because he is good at recieving and pass protection.
fryman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2006, 08:20 PM    (permalink
locseti
Veteran

locseti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.locseti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.locseti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.locseti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.locseti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.locseti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.locseti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.locseti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.locseti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.locseti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.locseti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

Your crazy if you think Betts is better than Jacobs/Turner/MBIII..He's had a nice couple of games, but long-term, these other players are franchise guys. Greg Jones is such a hog, just wish he could play a full season. I like watching him dish out punishment.
locseti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2006, 08:35 PM    (permalink
Space Ghost
Veteran

Space Ghost hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by locseti
Quote:

Your crazy if you think Betts is better than Jacobs/Turner/MBIII..He's had a nice couple of games, but long-term, these other players are franchise guys. Greg Jones is such a hog, just wish he could play a full season. I like watching him dish out punishment.
I would prefer Betts and Jones both as backups, but I just really liked them in college and their limited success' in the NFL.
Space Ghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2006, 08:42 PM    (permalink
Hurricane Ditka
Team Leader
All-Pro

Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eacantdraft
Brandon Jacobs hands down. He will be the 2nd coming of The Bus.
Except taller, faster and stronger.

sig by VLS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smokey Joe View Post
I don't care...
Hurricane Ditka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2006, 07:09 AM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by locseti
Jacob is my favorite player out of these three. But I would love to have any of these guys on The Raiders. They're all future stars and I dont know why Orange Julius starts over MBIII...

Jacobs showed some speed against Dallas today, took a little screen pass for like 35 yds.

MBIII is a helluva blocker too.
Jacobs might actually be the fastest of the three. Not sure about Turner but he is definately faster the MBIII.
Old 12-04-2006, 08:53 AM    (permalink
portermvp84
Pro Bowler

portermvp84 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eaglez.Fan
1. Turner
2. Barber
3. Jacobs
Yeah thats what I thought,

Turner down the road is going to be the best out of all three of them.

Barber right now is the best, awesome on short field postion.

Jacobs IMO could be the next Bus or better.

Thanks to jackalope
portermvp84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2006, 10:49 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

All 3 are kick ass. I wouldn't mind having any of the 3.
Old 12-04-2006, 02:04 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If I'm the Giants, I'm offering Brandon Jacobs to San Diego in exchange for Michael Turner...and praying they take it. I think both sides would benefit from that. Turner is a better every down RB that could step in nicely for a departed Tiki. Jacobs could be that short yardage runner to ease the load on LT... and stop him from being such a damaging fantasy player. lol.
D-Unit is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2006, 02:09 PM    (permalink
Number 10
All-NFLDC

Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit
If I'm the Giants, I'm offering Brandon Jacobs to San Diego in exchange for Michael Turner...and praying they take it. I think both sides would benefit from that. Turner is a better every down RB that could step in nicely for a departed Tiki. Jacobs could be that short yardage runner to ease the load on LT... and stop him from being such a damaging fantasy player. lol.
No way, not straight up.

I'd ask for a day one pick on top of that at least. Jacobs is such a valuable asset to our offense. Best short yardage back in the NFL.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikes99ej View Post
These last 50 seconds will define Eli Manning.
MISSION ACCOMPLISHED
Number 10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2006, 03:19 PM    (permalink
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
All-NFLDC

MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Check out these videos of Jacobs.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PUsWASF06tc

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P0K79UadKh4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Terrellezzzzzzzz Pryorzzzzzzzz!
Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
do i tell you when to flip the burger?
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2006, 04:03 PM    (permalink
DMWSackMachine
The Truth
Veteran

DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Great thread, so far. Even though I'm a Cowboy fan, I voted for Jacobs. Barber is the better player right now, I think. He can do way more, and he seems to just get the job done, no matter what. But Jacobs is a unique physical specimen that might end up being something quite special. You just won't see many guys that size that can run and have the vision and agility to play the position.

He might never turn out to be more than just a short yardage type, or even a "thunder" that must be complimented by some sort of "lightning", but if he does develop, he has a chance to be an absolute terror in this league for a long time. That said, Barber can do more to help a team right now, while Turner may end up being the best of all when it is all said and done.
He was protecting his self
Quote:
Originally Posted by tjsunstein View Post
From what? His leg?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paranoidmoonduck View Post
That leg has had it out for him since day 1.
"We're the quiet guys, the guys before the storm. And then we hit you."

DeMarcus Ware
DMWSackMachine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2006, 04:06 PM    (permalink
CDub
Veteran

CDub is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDub is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDub is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDub is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDub is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDub is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDub is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDub is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDub is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDub is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDub is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I had to cast my vote for Jacobs. Dude is just a beast in the backfield. If I were I giants fan, I'd be looking for a backup to him this offseason.

Turner is a very good back with great speed. Even though he has good size, he does not run like a bruiser. He is more of a finesse runner.

Barber is a very well rounded back and may be the most pollished of the three, but I'm not sure of his ability to handle the full workload of a true #1 back as throughout his career, both at Minnesota and with Dallas, he has shared carries in a two back system. This is not necessarily a bad thing as he has excelled, but it makes me wonder if he could handle 25+ carries a game for an entire season.

Prior to this week I may have listed them Barber, Jacobs, Turner, but after seeing Jacobs catch well and show his speed, he has swayed my vote. I truely believe he can be a starter in this league much like what we used to have in Bettis. If you let him start the game and feed him a steady diet of carries in the first half, by the end of the third quarter people will be getting out of his way and trying to grab at his feet. Sure he runs a lttle high, and at 6'4" it's hard not to, and that may leave him open to more hits that may hurt other smaller backs, but when you consider the fact that he's as big or bigger than most of the people hitting him, it becomes less of an issue.
CDub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2008, 04:31 PM    (permalink
Pokeys
Veteran

Pokeys hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.Pokeys hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I'm betting alot of people would rather have Turner now?

Texas Longhorns: CB Marcus Davis, QB Garrett Gilbert, OT Mason Walters, RB Chris Whaley! The next great batch.
Pokeys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2008, 04:39 PM    (permalink
Gay Ork Wang
Matt Forte = Baby Marcus Allen
Icon

Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pokeys View Post
I'm betting alot of people would rather have Turner now?
Jesus Christ stop bringing back old threads

Gay Ork Wang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2008, 05:11 PM    (permalink
PACKmanN
All-Pro

PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Turner>Barber+Jacobs, it is not even close.
PACKmanN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2008, 05:26 PM    (permalink
terribletowel39
All-Pro

terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I would rather Jacobs then Barber then Turner.

And don't be ridiculous PACKmanN, how is it not even close??

Silverback....still the best.

+rep to Jakey for the sig
terribletowel39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2008, 05:26 PM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Mr. Rodgers' Neighborhood
Icon

tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This is actually an interesting topic to bring back up. I'd take Marion in the right offense and then Jacobs because he's such a pounding back. I would only take Jacobs if I had a nice change of pace back. For some reason I'm not a huge fan of Turner although he is good. Tough question and the order will vary depending on who you ask.

tjsunstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2008, 05:28 PM    (permalink
bored of education
DC Creeper
Icon

bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

1. Jacobs
2. MB3
3. Turner

not based on this year only.
<+ScottWright> Why not. Baldwin does need a sparring partner...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hermstheman83 View Post
What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.
bored of education is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2008, 05:28 PM    (permalink
CC.SD
Shock Therapist
All-NFLDC

CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Turner da Burner fo shurner. :D
CC.SD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2008, 05:29 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Barber is a far superior pass blocker and pass catcher to Jacobs. Jacobs though will have a much longer and productive career because he gets less carries. Guys like Barber and Portis though will be sitting in rocking chairs at age 45.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966
SeanTaylorRIP is offline   Reply With Quote