Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 06-04-2007, 02:23 PM    (permalink
Damix
All-Pro

Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Tank Johnson suspended for 8 games.

Just reported on ESPN, I'll find a link

Edit: http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2892889

Last edited by Damix : 06-04-2007 at 02:32 PM.
Damix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2007, 02:24 PM    (permalink
Smooth Criminal
All-NFLDC

Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Wow. That seems like alot more than most people were expecting. I think its great. Definately something he'll take notice and remember the next time he is going to break the law.

Thanks to The Dynasty for the sig
Smooth Criminal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2007, 02:26 PM    (permalink
Moses
All-NFLDC

Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.

That's really going to hurt the Bears. They struggled at times with their interior defensive line on running downs. Is Dvoracek going to be the guy who steps in to replace Tank?
Moses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2007, 02:26 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It is definately more than was expected, and I thought his positive meeting with the commish would have helped, but I think with the appeal of Pac-Man they wanted to come out tough on this one too. Hopefully Tank learns for good.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2007, 02:27 PM    (permalink
Moses
All-NFLDC

Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
It is definately more than was expected, and I thought his positive meeting with the commish would have helped, but I think with the appeal of Pac-Man they wanted to come out tough on this one too. Hopefully Tank learns for good.
Who do you think will replace him in the lineup?
Old 06-04-2007, 02:27 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moses View Post
That's really going to hurt the Bears. They struggled at times with their interior defensive line on running downs. Is Dvoracek going to be the guy who steps in to replace Tank?
He's currently the favorite. Tommie and Dusty were tremendous together at Oklahoma, hopefully that carries over to the pro game.

I think even when Tank comes back he'll be a backup.

Old 06-04-2007, 02:28 PM    (permalink
LarryJohnson27
Rookie

LarryJohnson27 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Does this mean Dusty Dvoracek likely starts?

EDIT: Nevermind. Questions already been answered.
LarryJohnson27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2007, 02:30 PM    (permalink
Moses
All-NFLDC

Quote:
He's currently the favorite. Tommie and Dusty were tremendous together at Oklahoma, hopefully that carries over to the pro game.

I think even when Tank comes back he'll be a backup.
You're really high on Dvoracek. I like his motor but I'm not sold on his overall ability. I guess we'll find out this season.

Bears really like to use smaller DTs. It seems like their starters are always sub-300 pound guys. They do get pressure on the QB but I think it hurts them in the run game. Wasn't that stretch where the defence was struggling caused by the defensive line (specifically the interior) not being able to be stout against the run?
Old 06-04-2007, 02:30 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

Quote:
In a letter to Johnson, NFL commissioner Roger Goodell said that he would be prepared to reduce the suspension to the first six regular-season games if Johnson meets certain conditions.

The conditions include:

-- No further adverse involvement with law enforcement and full compliance with any requirements imposed by a court.

-- Compliance with all league requirements, including counseling.

-- No participation in any practices or other organized team activities during the period of the suspension. Johnson may, however, be present at the Bears' facility during the suspension for counseling sessions and other approved activities such as physical treatment or individual workout sessions.

Commissioner Goodell said that he would review the matter no later than Oct. 1 to assess Johnson's progress and determine whether the suspension should be reduced.

More likely to be six I would guess. Those conditions shouldn't be hard to meet and if he gets in trouble with the law again they'll cut him anyway.

Old 06-04-2007, 02:31 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

Quote:
You're really high on Dvoracek. I like his motor but I'm not sold on his overall ability. I guess we'll find out this season.
Yes I am. He was my favorite draft pick last year. I think in part because he looks like a Viking (the cool Norweigan kind, not the Purple-wearing kind).

Old 06-04-2007, 02:32 PM    (permalink
Moses
All-NFLDC

Quote:
More likely to be six I would guess. Those conditions shouldn't be hard to meet and if he gets in trouble with the law again they'll cut him anyway.
It's going to hurt him a lot on the field if he's not able to practice with the team.
Old 06-04-2007, 02:32 PM    (permalink
CC.SD
Shock Therapist
All-NFLDC

CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Yes I am. He was my favorite draft pick last year. I think in part because he looks like a Viking (the cool Norweigan kind, not the Purple-wearing kind).
Good addendum, that has to be a difficult compliment for a bears fan.
CC.SD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2007, 02:33 PM    (permalink
Moses
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Was worried until I read those brackets.

Old 06-04-2007, 02:33 PM    (permalink
Man_Of_Steel
Pro Bowler

Man_Of_Steel hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I believe its 6-8 games, I may be wrong but last I yesterday there would be a meeting to decide.
Man_Of_Steel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2007, 02:34 PM    (permalink
lod01
Veteran

lod01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.lod01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.lod01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.lod01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.lod01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.lod01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.lod01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.lod01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.lod01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.lod01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.lod01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Another wheel falls off.
lod01 is offline   Reply With Quote
bearsfan_51
Legend

Quote:
It's going to hurt him a lot on the field if he's not able to practice with the team.
I disagree. He'll still be here all through training camp and preseason and he'll workout with trainers and such during the season. If anything he'll come in fresh by week 7 or 9.

Lance Briggs, on the other hand, could be a problem if he holds out for the first 10 games because he'll miss all of training camp and there's nothing to ensure he'll show up in shape (other than the fact he wants money).

Hurricane Ditka
Team Leader
All-Pro

Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It's six games if he complies with certain regulations. Personally, I think this was a little drastic, but I think Dusty will be able fill his shoes, and Anthony Adams will provide depth.

sig by VLS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smokey Joe View Post
I don't care...
Hurricane Ditka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2007, 02:35 PM    (permalink
Moses
All-NFLDC

Quote:
I disagree. He'll still be here all through training camp and preseason and he'll workout with trainers and such during the season. If anything he'll come in fresh by week 7 or 9.

Lance Briggs, on the other hand, could be a problem if he holds out for the first 10 games because he'll miss all of training camp and there's nothing to ensure he'll show up in shape (other than the fact he wants money).
Oh, he's still allowed in training camp? That changes a lot. How is Johnson's work ethic though? Is he the type of guy who will stay in shape without coaches making him do it in practice?
Old 06-04-2007, 03:08 PM    (permalink
MasterShake
Rookie

MasterShake could make a wolverine purr.MasterShake could make a wolverine purr.MasterShake could make a wolverine purr.MasterShake could make a wolverine purr.MasterShake could make a wolverine purr.MasterShake could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Oh, he's still allowed in training camp? That changes a lot. How is Johnson's work ethic though? Is he the type of guy who will stay in shape without coaches making him do it in practice?
No, he is not allowed at the team portion of training camp, just into the weight room and such to work out and get treatments.

He is not allowed to practice with the team at all.
MasterShake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2007, 03:53 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterShake View Post
No, he is not allowed at the team portion of training camp, just into the weight room and such to work out and get treatments.

He is not allowed to practice with the team at all.
Where do you get this at? He's going to be allowed to practice and play in all four preseason games. He's not suspended untill the regular season begins. Unless you can find a credible source to support your argument I'm almost positive you're wrong.

Old 06-04-2007, 04:03 PM    (permalink
LarryJohnson27
Rookie

LarryJohnson27 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Where do you get this at? He's going to be allowed to practice and play in all four preseason games. He's not suspended untill the regular season begins. Unless you can find a credible source to support your argument I'm almost positive you're wrong.
You're right. I don't know where he got that from.
LarryJohnson27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2007, 04:03 PM    (permalink
awfullyquiet
Miss NFLDC
All-Pro

awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
yeah.

I agree with moses though on dusty. He's got the intensity, but he hasn't had the technique nor power that tank has. yet. this may be proven sometime later in the summer, but i haven't seen it from him yet.

week seven though, i still think the bears are looking to tank.

as far as the run game. really, the run game will be determined by the quality of the LB's. the particular d-line gap schooting scheme is very strange, and the faster linebackers who have superior tackling skills will succede in the lovie-2... sure, i mean, in the lovie-2, great DT's will be able to penetrate and catch runners at the point of transfer for TFL's. but seeing that that doesn't happen every time, and it's a law of averages, in the next level, someone will have to stop them. and his name is brian urlacher (and i mean, the man has a stunt double somewher on the field)... but. the lack of lance briggs will diminish their ability there. but, the presence of archuleta gives about 1/3rd of that presence back.

United: "I actually went to the college I root for"
awfullyquiet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2007, 04:04 PM    (permalink
Moses
All-NFLDC

Quote:
I have to agree with MasterShake. It says no organized team activities. That includes training camp, preseason games, etc. At least that's my interpretation of it.
Old 06-04-2007, 04:08 PM    (permalink
awfullyquiet
Miss NFLDC
All-Pro

awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I have to agree with MasterShake. It says no organized team activities. That includes training camp, preseason games, etc. At least that's my interpretation of it.
but he's suspended for the regular season.

it's not clear in the text...

it's a posibility that it can go either way.

it's probably just during the regular season.
because if it was during the pre-season, his six games would be up sometime around week 3.

United: "I actually went to the college I root for"
awfullyquiet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2007, 04:08 PM    (permalink
Moses
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by awfullyquiet View Post
but he's suspended for the regular season.

it's not clear in the text...

it's a posibility that it can go either way.

it's probably just during the regular season.
because if it was during the pre-season, his six games would be up sometime around week 3.
Pre-season games don't count as games.