Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > College Football

College Football Discuss College Football

Old 01-14-2010, 11:29 AM    (permalink
BigJohn98
Pro Bowler

BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

ESPN just said Skip Holtz has accepted the job.

Damn.
BigJohn98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2010, 11:30 AM    (permalink
draftguru151
:/
Legend

draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

WOOOOO! Whip still might leave though lol.

<Gaius_Baltar> That is correct comahan
<vidae> I ******* LOVE YOU DG
<njx9> <3 dg
draftguru151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2010, 11:31 AM    (permalink
BigJohn98
Pro Bowler

BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Where would he go? NFL maybe?
BigJohn98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2010, 01:18 PM    (permalink
draftguru151
Legend

draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yea he wants an NFL OC job, if Cowher comes back he's already said he wants Whipple, most thing he'll stay 2/3 more years though. His son is the scout team QB atm and his other son is a freshman at St Thomas (I think).

<njx9> <3 dg
Old 01-17-2010, 11:14 AM    (permalink
draftguru151
Legend

Hurtt to Louisville yay. Barrow is expected to be the new RC and a new DL coach from outside the program will be brought in.

<njx9> <3 dg
Old 01-20-2010, 06:36 PM    (permalink
thebow305
2009 NFL Mock Draft Champ
All-Pro

thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Alright guys, with signing day approaching, how do you all feel about the following guys, give a % on how confident you are that we can land these guys:

J.R. "Ego" Ferguson, Corey Lemonier, Ivan McCartney, Quadarias Mireles, Marcques Dixon, Christian Jones, Christian Thomas, Seantrel Henderson, Josh Shirley, T.J. Stripling and Shon Coleman.

Here are mine:

Ego: 75%
Lemonier: 50%
Sticks: 50%
Mireles: 50%
Dixon: 50%
Thomas: 40%
Seantrel: 50% (I know probably a little optimistic, but I really think we have a shot here! :))
Jones: 10%
Shirley: 30%
Stripling: 25%
Coleman: 25%

Dolphins Dream Offseason 2014: Re-Sign Paul Soliai and Brent Grimes. Sign Brandon Albert, Sam Shields & Rashad Jennings. The Draft: 1. Kelvin Benjamin 2. Xavier Su'a-Filo 3. Seantrel Henderson 4. Xavier Grimble 5. Dion Bailey 6. Jalen Saunders 7. Nevin Lawson
thebow305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2010, 07:23 PM    (permalink
draftguru151
Legend

Ego: 40%
Lemonier: 20%
Sticks: 75%
Mireles: 10%
Dixon: 50%
Thomas: 5%
Seantrel: 1%
Jones: 5%
Shirley: 50%
Stripling: 0%
Coleman: 5%
Palardy: 10%
Cleveland: 40%

Don't think Mireles or Thomas get the grades and just to be clear with my percentages, I think we get Ego, Sticks, Shirley and Dixon. I think those 4+Jeffrey Brown, Cleveland and Hopfinger (STA kicker) close out the class.

<njx9> <3 dg
Old 01-20-2010, 08:21 PM    (permalink
tolnaballa
Rookie

tolnaballa smells like sex panther.tolnaballa smells like sex panther.

Asante Cleveland is a very good TE prospect IMO. Of course I would love Christian Thomas, but there are to many obstacles to clear. I don't know where people are saying he has grade issues. He has a 3.6 GPA according to Scout. What I don't understand is why people are saying we are trying to push Clive Walford out of this class. IMO, he has everything we need in a TE, except he is a little raw. He is the perfect redshirt candidate.

I read that Henderson has us in his top 3 along with Ohio State and Notre Dame.

I feel we have put ourselves in a very good spot of persuading some recruits having 23 recruits coming in the next two weekends.

I personally think we get..

I-Mac
Mireles
Ego
Lemonier
Dixon
Palardy
Cleveland
And one of either Shon Coleman or Seantral Henderson
Jeffrey Brown could also commit, but if we get these other commits they will push him out of class.

Side note, anyone have any information on Glenn? I have been reading that he has a grade issues and might go prep?
tolnaballa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2010, 08:32 PM    (permalink
djp
Team Leader
Icon

djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Whipple came to Henderson's HS basketball game the other night. Supposedly they were looking pretty tight and posed for a picture with each person holding up one half of the U.

I won't get my hopes up, but we're in this more than people think.

As far as Sticks goes, I dunno. He was definitely a silent, but he's looking really hard at WVU now.

If anyone claims they know what Ego is doing, they're lying. Nobody has a clue. I'd love to have him, and he appears to like us a lot, but just can't be sure at all.
Old 01-20-2010, 08:47 PM    (permalink
GhostDeini
Rookie

GhostDeini GhostDeini GhostDeini GhostDeini GhostDeini GhostDeini GhostDeini GhostDeini GhostDeini GhostDeini GhostDeini

Wish List : Christian Jones, Corey Lemonier, J.R. Ferguson, Josh Shirley, and last but lost least Seantrel Henderson.

Can you imagine Seantrel Henderson & Brandon Washington on the left side of our OL ????
Old 01-26-2010, 06:51 PM    (permalink
thebow305
All-Pro

thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Really feelin' good about Seantrel and Ego. :)

I am hoping we close out with those two, plus Sticks and maybe Shirley. That would be AMAZING!!

Dolphins Dream Offseason 2014: Re-Sign Paul Soliai and Brent Grimes. Sign Brandon Albert, Sam Shields & Rashad Jennings. The Draft: 1. Kelvin Benjamin 2. Xavier Su'a-Filo 3. Seantrel Henderson 4. Xavier Grimble 5. Dion Bailey 6. Jalen Saunders 7. Nevin Lawson
Old 01-26-2010, 07:04 PM    (permalink
djp
Team Leader
Icon

djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
For Todd Chandler, it was almost too good to be true. The 6-foot, 290-pound defensive tackle, who won a national championship at Miami Northwestern as a sophomore, committed to his hometown team, the Miami Hurricanes, as a junior.

Chandler planned to join former Northwestern teammates and current Hurricanes standouts Marcus Forston and Sean Spence.

"It was really like a dream come true," Chandler said. "It was a chance to play with Marcus, Sean and my other old teammates from Northwestern."

For Chandler, it was also an opportunity to play for the team that inspired him to first try football.

"I grew up watching Miami and I always wanted to be a Cane," Chandler added. "They got me into football, and when I committed, all I could think about was being able to have the opportunity there to inspire other young football players the way that program inspired me."

As Chandler went through his senior season, something changed. He didn't hear from the Miami coaches as frequently. He still was a regular visitor at practices, but he felt more like an outsider.

A conversation with Hurricanes secondary coach Wesley McGriff left the player more uncertain about his standing with the program and why the communication had become strained.

"I was confused," said Chandler, the No. 7 DT and No. 67 overall player in the ESPNU 150. "The coaches were saying everything was good, but something was different. They were no longer acting like a team that was interested."

Chandler was familiar enough with the process through other area recruits to know that programs can drop verbal commitments at the worst time, leaving them with few options.

"I didn't understand it, and I still don't," said Miami Northwestern assistant coach Terrance Craig. "Todd did everything Miami asked him to do, and they just hung him out to dry."

NCAA rules prohibit coaches from commenting on individual recruits until that player has signed a letter of intent with the school.

Rather than take the risk with a commitment he was feeling uneasy about, Chandler took his future into his own hands.

First, he switched commitments from Miami and gave a "soft" verbal to South Florida with visits planned to other schools like Louisville and Colorado State.

"Coach [Jim] Leavitt made me feel like I was wanted," Chandler added. "They were going after me pretty hard."

Three weeks later, Leavitt was fired.

Chandler was at square one again.

"I'm excited about the schools that are interested in me and my future in college football," Chandler said. "I don't even like to talk about the Miami situation anymore. I'm looking ahead and I'm blessed to have the opportunity to make this decision."

While the player has moved on from the disappointment with the Hurricanes, it's safe to say that the feelings from those close to Chandler will continue to linger.

"I'm still hot about it," added Craig. "It's like the coaches took the eight kids from the 2007 team and never looked back. The people in the community here at Northwestern won't forget this."

Chandler began the second stage of his recruitment with an official visit to Louisville on Jan. 8. He and new coach Charlie Strong had a good relationship when Strong was the defensive coordinator at Florida and reconnected during his visit.

"I definitely had a great time and the coaches made me feel so comfortable," Chandler said. "They are headed in the right direction and they were able to tell how I could fit into their plans. I'm real close to [current teammates and Louisville commits] Corvin [Lamb] and Michaelee [Harris] too. I'd love to continue to play with them."

Chandler didn't commit, however, and took another official to Syracuse and will conclude his visits with trips to Colorado State and Florida State.

Each program has drawn his interest for a variety of reasons.

On Syracuse: "One of my relatives played ball there a while back. I really want to check out the place. I feel like they could definitely use a player like me."

On Colorado State: "It's a really nice city, a nice environment and I felt comfortable there. I like their coaching staff too."

On Florida State: "It's the tradition of FSU. I know a few of the players that are on the team and some that have committed too. They've got a good, young coaching staff."

"I think Todd can do anything he puts his mind too," added Craig. "He works hard and he brings the best out of his teammates. Many of the offensive linemen I coach have learned a lot practicing against Todd."

Chandler most recently took part in the Under Armour All-American Game in St. Petersburg, Fla., and had an opportunity to see the less stressful side of recruiting.

"All the players in the game were so much fun to be around," he said. "It was a humbling experience, really helped me remember that there is a good side to all of this and that we all just share a love of the game."

His coaches in the Under Armor game were equally impressed with his dedication.

"He's got some real talent," said veteran NFL and college assistant coach Rex Norris. "He's got good quickness and gets good leverage. He can play either the three technique or the two technique in college.

"You can tell he's got a love for the game and he's real receptive to instructions. I think he's going to make a major program very happy."

All in all, Chandler says his experiences in his senior year have made him a better person. He has his grades and test scores in order and still receives late inquiries from other programs looking to gauge his interest.

Although the chances of playing with Forston and Spence have greatly diminished over the past 12 months, he has been able to use the advice his former teammates gave him.

"They always told me that recruiting can be like a business," Chandler said. "Understand that it's your decision and you're in control of the process. Whatever school I choose is going to be the one that helps me accomplish all my goals -- athletically and academically."
Come on, Terrance. This coach for MNW is starting to piss me off. We took borderline kids from MNW and they didn't work out. Chandler is lazy and regressed considerably after his injury.

Khalil Jones? Travarous Bain? Chris Barney?

This stuff happens everywhere, it says on the official scholarship offer the coaches have the right to revoke his offer at any time and that's exactly what they did.

The worst part about it is that Shannon can't and won't ever address the Todd Chandler situation publicly, so it's our name that's smeared in poo and no retort possible.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncaa/recru...ory?id=4828955

Also, change thread to '10 Canes, DG!
Old 01-27-2010, 04:04 PM    (permalink
djp
Team Leader
Icon

Quote:
Posted by Manny Navarro

Kevin Nelson can't contain his excitement. In a week, the Gainesville Sun's Defensive Player of the Year will be able to put pen to paper, sign his name on a National Letter of Intent and officially call himself a Miami Hurricane.

For Nelson, a 6-1, 215-pound middle linebacker, National Signing Day can't come fast enough. Neither can June 12th. That's the day he scheduled to graduate from Gainesville High. Three hours after he takes off his cap and gown, Nelson says, he plans to drive down to South Florida where he'll move in with cousin and future University of Miami teammate Demarcus Van Dyke. Soon after that, Nelson says, he plans on putting on an orange and white jersey with the number 52 on it. That would be the same number of his idol, Canes great Ray Lewis.

Ask Nelson where he'll be come the season opener in September against Florida A&M and he's got a prediction on that, too. He says he'll be starting at middle linebacker, on his way to the ACC Rookie of the Year award and leading the Hurricanes to a national title.

To say Nelson dreams big would be an understatement. But if you ask his coach, his family and his friends, the fact Nelson is making bold predictions about his future is a welcome relief -- because it wasn't long ago that Nelson wasn't sure where he was headed.

A troubled teenager, Nelson had trouble coping with the death of his mother, Bonnie Coleman, who died in 2002 after a long battle with brain and lung cancer. His biological father, Connie, who died last year from a stroke, didn't develop a relationship with him until he was older. Discipline and focus? It's taken time for Nelson to wrestle with that.

"It was crazy, man," Nelson said. "My brother was off to college so it was just me and my mother when I was little. My stepfather, when he was in the picture, was usually off to work. So, I'd come home and take care of my mom when she was sick. Sometimes, I wasn't able to do my homework because I was crying at night, trying to see if my mom was OK. It was hard. Things like that mess up a kid at that age. It takes time for them to learn how to be strong, realize that this happened for a reason. It was a battle. It still is to this day."

Nelson's battle became his aunt Shirley Williams' problem. Thankfully, he says, with his cousins off at college and plenty of room for him in her house, Nelson was able to grow up with plenty of support. He'd watch the Golden Girls with his grandmother, Irene Cudog, and his aunt, and iron out his behavioral issues. In a lot of ways, he says, he looks up to Hurricanes coach Randy Shannon, who grew up with plenty of his own family struggles. He considers the way both grew up "a deep bond."

"On Sunday, the last day of my official visit, we were talking about that," Nelson said. "He told me about how things were hard for him growing up, family members he lost. He told me situations like that prepare you for life, make you stronger. The way I see it, he never quit and ended up great. It took me some time to figure out how life is. In the ninth grade, I finally got control of it. I just turned a whole 180 degree turn and made some success in my life."

Now, Nelson says, he can't wait to go battle for Shannon. And the truth is, the Hurricanes might be stealing a superstar under Florida coach Urban Meyer's nose.

Nelson, rated a four-star recruit by ESPN and the third-best inside linebacker in the country, has developed into a far better player than most expected. He finished his senior season with 141 tackles, three sacks, two interceptions, three forced fumbles and helped Gainesville High to its first city championship since 1988. His coach, Ryan Smith, said Nelson and teammate/fellow UM recruit Devont'a Davis (a 6-1, 170-pound cornerback) are the two primary reasons why the program went from 1-8 to 5-5 to 10-2 and its first playoff victory since Clinton Portis was around in 1998.

"Great players make great coaches," Smith said. "Miami is getting great players. They led the way for us all year. Their leadership, work ethic and the ability to make plays is phenomenal. If you want to look at one game. Look at the win over Buchholz. We won 14-9. Kevin scored both touchdowns (interception and a fumble recovery) and Devonta intercepts a pass on a two-point conversion at the end of the game to clinch it."

Former UM recruiting coordinator Clint Hurtt jumped on Nelson early. But if you ask Nelson, it was his persistence that got the Hurricanes to offer him a scholarship his junior year after the Gators passed and UCF and Arkansas were the only programs who bit.

"Before Miami even recruited me, I had to call them," Nelson said. "I called Ms. Cindy in the office and got coach Barrow's office number. I kept calling it and calling it until I got coach Barrow on the phone. After that, It just went from there.

"I told him 'I want to be the guy you can count on in fourth down situations, you feel me? Or, the guy you want to put it on his shoulders and be the leader -- the whole season -- of the defense. I don't want to give up no rushing yards, no passing yards and have the DBs and safeties moving, the d-line moving and linebackers making plays.' I told him I wanted to be that guy. He said 'Dang man, I really like the way you're talking.' After that, he fell in love with the way I was talking. I sent him film and two or three weeks later, coach Shannon offered me."

Nelson didn't have to sell himself his senior year. LSU, Florida, and a number of other SEC schools came looking for him. Although the offer to play for LSU "and beat UF every year" was tempting, the Hurricanes stayed on him hard. And soon, UM could be reaping the benefits. With Darryl Sharpton gone, the Hurricanes do not have a bonafide starting middle linebacker. Going into the spring, most expect senior Colin McCarthy to slide over to the middle and Sean Spence, Jordan Futch and Ramon Buchanon to eat up most of the snaps at outside linebacker. Nelson, the only middle linebacker in a class with five outside linebackers, could ultimately find his way into playing time if he catches on quickly.

"I feel like I'm the best linebacker coming in this class -- and I feel like with the guys I've been around and the knowledge I'm going to be receiving it will be something great for the University of Miami," Nelson said. "It's about time for Coach Shannon to get another ring on his finger. I told him I'm going to do everything in my power, with the last breath in my body to get him that championship ring."
Wow.........................
Old 01-27-2010, 05:37 PM    (permalink
katnip
Veteran

katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I was reading on canesport Kevin nelson might/is going to take another visit. Is there any real risk he might decommit? I'm not a payed subscriber, so that's all I read.

Sig by, Hitman D

Last edited by katnip : 01-27-2010 at 05:41 PM.
katnip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2010, 06:00 PM    (permalink
tolnaballa
Rookie

tolnaballa smells like sex panther.tolnaballa smells like sex panther.

Free trip, katnip. That is all it is, he is probably the most solid lock commit we have.
tolnaballa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2010, 07:42 PM    (permalink
djp
Team Leader
Icon

Well, no matter what happens, at least games like these are gone

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/boxscore?gameId=273072390
Old 01-29-2010, 08:13 PM    (permalink
katnip
Veteran

katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by djp View Post
Well, no matter what happens, at least games like these are gone

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/boxscore?gameId=273072390
lol. 1/14

thats so bad

Sig by, Hitman D
katnip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2010, 10:25 PM    (permalink
CLong4Heisman
Veteran

CLong4Heisman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CLong4Heisman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CLong4Heisman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CLong4Heisman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CLong4Heisman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CLong4Heisman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CLong4Heisman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CLong4Heisman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CLong4Heisman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CLong4Heisman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CLong4Heisman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by katnip View Post
lol. 1/14

thats so bad
Well that one pass went for 83 and a score. Based on that Kirby Freemanzzzzzzzzzzzzz. Imagine if he completed 5 passes!
Old 02-02-2010, 03:03 PM    (permalink
GhostDeini
Rookie

GhostDeini GhostDeini GhostDeini GhostDeini GhostDeini GhostDeini GhostDeini GhostDeini GhostDeini GhostDeini GhostDeini

Arthur Brown is transfering. Ha !

And you guys swore he was ever going to do anything here.
Old 02-02-2010, 03:30 PM    (permalink
Hurricanes25
All-Pro

Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GhostDeini View Post

First off, he was slated to be starter come spring so he was going to finally get his chance to prove that he can play. Second, it was not football related so maybe there is an issue at home. I don't want to speculate. Are you really a Canes fan? You seem awfully happy.

Sig by BoneKrusher
Hurricanes25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2010, 08:19 PM    (permalink
draftguru151
Legend

Ugh awful awful finish. Really bad recruiting cycle as a whole and I'm glad it's over. Some good news, Aubrey Hill named recruiting coordinator. Not a good recruiting year but we did sign a lot of players that I like. I'm gonna have a full write up tomorrow of all the signees (was gonna do it now but it's gonna take longer than I thought) and am gonna post some 2011 stuff and pre-spring football stuff a bit after that.

<njx9> <3 dg
Old 02-03-2010, 09:05 PM    (permalink
J52
Rookie

J52 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.J52 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.J52 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.J52 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.J52 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.J52 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.J52 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.J52 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.J52 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.J52 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.J52 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hurricanes25 View Post
First off, he was slated to be starter come spring so he was going to finally get his chance to prove that he can play. Second, it was not football related so maybe there is an issue at home. I don't want to speculate. Are you really a Canes fan? You seem awfully happy.
Haven't heard anything about him being the starter come spring. Word was that Shayon Green was ahead of him before the season and that they were planning on moving McCarthy inside come Spring. I've heard 3rd on depth at best.
J52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2010, 02:11 PM    (permalink
djp
Team Leader
Icon

Sept. 2 FLORIDA A&M
Sept. 11 at Ohio State
Sept. 23 at Pittsburgh, ESPN*
Oct. 2 at Clemson
Oct. 9 FLORIDA STATE
Oct. 16 at Duke
Oct. 23 NORTH CAROLINA
Oct. 30 at Virginia
Nov. 6 MARYLAND
Nov. 13 at Georgia Tech
Nov. 20 VIRGINIA TECH
Nov. 27 SOUTH FLORIDA

Cool another gauntlet to start the season. OSU Pitt and Clemson all on the road, then FSU at home.
Old 02-04-2010, 07:20 PM    (permalink
thebow305
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by djp View Post
Sept. 2 FLORIDA A&M
Sept. 11 at Ohio State
Sept. 23 at Pittsburgh, ESPN*
Oct. 2 at Clemson
Oct. 9 FLORIDA STATE
Oct. 16 at Duke
Oct. 23 NORTH CAROLINA
Oct. 30 at Virginia
Nov. 6 MARYLAND
Nov. 13 at Georgia Tech
Nov. 20 VIRGINIA TECH
Nov. 27 SOUTH FLORIDA

Cool another gauntlet to start the season. OSU Pitt and Clemson all on the road, then FSU at home.
It's pretty tough throughout as well. With NC in the middle, and those last 3 to close it out. Not gonna be easy this year.

But some great games at home! :)

Old 02-04-2010, 07:25 PM    (permalink
thebow305
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by GhostDeini View Post

He can join his mediocre brother in Tennessee.

To be completely honest, it didn't really bother me at all when I heard this. Colin McCarthy, Sean Spence, Ramon Buchanon are all better and all will be starting for us this season. Then we have Travis Williams, Tyrone Cornelius and Kevin Nelson coming in as depth. I think We'll be just fine.