Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > College Football

College Football Discuss College Football

Old 09-11-2010, 12:15 PM    (permalink
draftguru151
:/
Legend

draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

DB Albert Jean-Louis had a 55 yard TD catch and an INT last night.

DE Nick Menocal had 2 sacks and a FF.

DE Anthony Chickillo had at least one sack.

<Gaius_Baltar> That is correct comahan
<vidae> I ******* LOVE YOU DG
<njx9> <3 dg
draftguru151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2010, 02:25 PM    (permalink
Draft King
All-Pro

Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Five minutes.
Draft King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2010, 03:06 PM    (permalink
Cicero
Veteran

Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Was Jacory's INT bad? I'm tailgating for the UW game so I can't watch.
Old 09-11-2010, 03:07 PM    (permalink
draftguru151
Legend

draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cicero View Post
Dropped/tipped pass. Not his fault at all.

<njx9> <3 dg
Old 09-11-2010, 03:07 PM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cicero View Post
It was a tight throw, but it was deflected right into Williams' hands. Not a great throw, not a bad one.
Sniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2010, 01:01 AM    (permalink
TACKLE
All-NFLDC

TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

****!!!

*sigh*

Why does Jacory always have to turn the ball over too much in big afternoon games? Why couldn't it of been a night game :(
Old 09-12-2010, 10:42 AM    (permalink
SwagU
Veteran

SwagU is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SwagU is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SwagU is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SwagU is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SwagU is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SwagU is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SwagU is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SwagU is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SwagU is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SwagU is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SwagU is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Just do not know what to say then just so disapointed in the Canes performance.The game exposed way too many wholes on this team. Jacory made horrible decisions, and looked shaken and unconfident after that 2nd INT. I will blame alot of the problems on the o-line who were just horrendous. If they weren't getting blown up, they were getting called for a hold. We rarely saw the run game. Defense was good for what tey had to go through, eventually you would just be pissed and tired if the offense getting putting you back on the field. Only knock I have on the defense is we missed alot of tackles. The main thing I saw though was that we were missing enthusiasm.

So dissapointed, but atleast VTech and GTech also lost.
SwagU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2010, 08:59 PM    (permalink
Hurricanes25
All-Pro

Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Future Hurricane?
http://rivals.yahoo.com/highschool/b...hschool-269886

Sig by BoneKrusher
Hurricanes25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2010, 08:50 AM    (permalink
Jelephant87
Rookie

Jelephant87 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I was extremely disappointed with the Canes performance Saturday. With that said, I don't know how people couldn't feel good about the rest of the season. The game looked awful but when you have a field goal blocked, lose the turnover battle 4-0 and only lose by 12 playing at the #2 team in the nation I don't think it's as bad. Then you look at how the rest of the ACC played, I feel pretty confident about Miami's chances to win the conference and still get to a BCS bowl.
Jelephant87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2010, 12:07 PM    (permalink
Hurricanes25
All-Pro

Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jelephant87 View Post
I was extremely disappointed with the Canes performance Saturday. With that said, I don't know how people couldn't feel good about the rest of the season. The game looked awful but when you have a field goal blocked, lose the turnover battle 4-0 and only lose by 12 playing at the #2 team in the nation I don't think it's as bad. Then you look at how the rest of the ACC played, I feel pretty confident about Miami's chances to win the conference and still get to a BCS bowl.
I feel the same way as you. The 'canes will be fine.

Sig by BoneKrusher
Old 09-16-2010, 12:59 PM    (permalink
JoeJoeBrown
Pro Bowler

JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jelephant87 View Post
I think your team wins the ACC. Great playmakers, but crappy OL is your glaring weakness.

The thing that you have to remember about the OSU game is that:

1) Tressel (for better or worse) often settles for FGs. I effing hate it. It costs the team more often than not against equal or superior talent. See USC and Texas series. Turnovers vs Guaranteed points or some stupid formula. Like I said, I hate it.

2) The defensive strategy in the 2nd half was bend but don't break. No big plays. One drive ended with a fluke INT (Heyward). Another ended in a TD for the Canes. I personally hate this strategy, but he wants to try and consume clock if he has a lead.

This has cost OSU several times (see USC last year, UT both losses, many other close games that should never have been close).

I would say most of those INTs were weird, and not on J. Harris. The sound at the game, the pressure on the team to win, and some of the hard hitting probably got to some of the players.

Also a big big thing for your team is that the defense shut down the conventional run. Which is really impressive, as the OL is built for that, and there are some good (not great) RBs on OSU's team.

I see no team in the ACC to challenge you if you cut down on the offensive mistakes. GT will give you fits, but that is your strength vs their strength.

The Canes did get tired during the 4th quarter during the last drive. They were out there a lot, so I don't see that being an issue down the road.
JoeJoeBrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2010, 12:07 PM    (permalink
draftguru151
Legend

Newest 2012 commit Randy "Duke" Johnson

http://rivals.yahoo.com/miami/footba...Johnson-115230

13 carries for 144 yards this past game. 30/321/4 (10.7 ypc) in 3 games this year.

Teddy Bridgewater was 15/24 for 342 yards and 4 TDs and no INTs.

Eli Rogers had 5 receptions for 49 yards.

Quote:
Boyd Anderson (2-1) cut into its deficit on James' 48-yard touchdown pass to Jesse York, but Phillip Dorsett came right back with what could down as one of the best plays of the season.

Dorsett fielded the ensuing kickoff at the 8. He weaved in and out of traffic, avoiding at least eight defenders and sprinted down the sideline for a touchdown.

``I did what I had to do there,'' Dorsett said. ``I found my wall of blockers and just went behind them. I thought they might catch me, but that was big.''
Dorsett also had a 50 yard reception.

Albert Louis-Jean had a TD reception.

Robenson Therezie is a DB recruit who will likely end up a Cane. He ran for 15/175/1. Has 1 INT and 1 FF on the year.

<njx9> <3 dg
Old 09-23-2010, 03:36 AM    (permalink
TACKLE
All-NFLDC

TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Can't wait for the game. It's felt like so long since they've played last. I expect them to come out very focused and recharged. It will be a challenge shutting down Baldwin and Lewis. I'm just hoping that defense comes out with a lot of energy and fly around all over the place. Offensively, its all about the O-Line. They need to take a step forward going against Romeus and Sheard (DG, please tell me you talk some **** to him about this game.) If they can give J12 time, he should be able to shred apart that defense.
Old 09-23-2010, 06:16 AM    (permalink
draftguru151
Legend

Haha I talked some over the summer but haven't recently.

Also Romeus is out with back surgery till the end of the season so we don't have to worry about him.

I'm expecting a BIG game tonight. The team seems really focused and over OSU. Missed tackles were a big focus so the D should be swarming Lewis, Forston/Holmes/Regis should have great games against Pitt's interior. Expect a good amount of Futch/Buchanon outside rather than Kylan Robinson. Joel Figueroa might not play so Jermaine Johnson would likely get the start and we might see some Seantrel. Gaaah 12 more hours until the game.

<njx9> <3 dg
Old 09-23-2010, 12:59 PM    (permalink
draftguru151
Legend

<njx9> <3 dg
Old 09-23-2010, 03:16 PM    (permalink
TACKLE
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by draftguru151 View Post
That is amazing.
Old 09-23-2010, 10:05 PM    (permalink
Hurricanes25
All-Pro

Great game tonight. They just have to work on the run game and I think we'll be set.

Sig by BoneKrusher
Old 09-24-2010, 08:45 AM    (permalink
draftguru151
Legend

Real nice win, defense is doing a great job this year. Still too many mistakes as a team. I'll post some more thoughts tonight.

MNW played last night, Teddy went 17/24 with 233 yards and 2 TDs, also added a score on the ground. Eli Rogers is the starting RB now, had 40 yards on 9 carries with a TD, also had 6 catches for 80 yards and a TD. Teddy is completing 72% of his passes with over 310 passing yards a game, 11 passing TD (plus one rushing) and no INT on the season.

<njx9> <3 dg
Old 09-24-2010, 01:20 PM    (permalink
djp
Team Leader
Icon

djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Jacory (and Whipple) need to realize that his arm strength is not as good as they seem to think it is. I'm getting tired of the ducks that he's throwing.

Defense played unreal, line play was great especially.

Sean Spence, I don't know if he was super banged up last year like most people have said, but he looks like a totally different player this year, even better than his freshman year. Guy is everywhere. Also very pleased with Cookie and White Power.

Ray Ray Armstrong had some moments as well, this guy has first round safety written all over him. Teams are going to drool at his size and athleticism. and how about Demarcus Van Dyke finally making some plays? When you run a 4.3 and you're over 6 feet, you should be in line to be a top 15 pick, not on the fringe of being drafted. I really hope he gets it together this year. Ryan Hill made a great cameo as well, he locked up Baldwin basically the entire game.

Pitt sucks a fat one, but they still have some decent players. It was a great performance. We need to play this way the rest of the season. Without the dumb interceptions and the block in the back on the punt return, that could have been a 49-0 game.
Old 09-24-2010, 01:33 PM    (permalink
djp
Team Leader
Icon

djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Almost forgot Olivier Vernon. He's turned into a pretty damn good player.
Old 09-24-2010, 01:45 PM    (permalink
djp
Team Leader
Icon

Also, to follow on DG's post, MNW's game featured basically everyone playing 2 ways, 35 MNW players were suspended for that game because of a bench clearing melee (sounds worse than it was, no punches thrown) the week before.
Old 09-25-2010, 02:22 PM    (permalink
draftguru151
Legend

Some other recruit stats. Duke Johnson had 135 yards and 2 TDs on 6 carries. Averaging over 12 yards per carry as a junior against really good competition. Phil Dorsett had 3/70/1 receiving and added a PR TD.

<njx9> <3 dg
Old 09-25-2010, 02:25 PM    (permalink
Hurricanes25
All-Pro

I went back and watched the game again this morning and let me just say that Ryan Hill was amazing. He blanketed Baldwin when he was on him. I don't know if it's just me or not but does it feel like Hill has been around forever?

Sig by BoneKrusher

Last edited by Hurricanes25 : 09-25-2010 at 02:35 PM.
Old 09-29-2010, 02:31 PM    (permalink
djp
Team Leader
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hurricanes25 View Post
I went back and watched the game again this morning and let me just say that Ryan Hill was amazing. He blanketed Baldwin when he was on him. I don't know if it's just me or not but does it feel like Hill has been around forever?
It's not just you.

Seantrel Henderson worked as the first team right tackle today in practice. Figueroa played mostly guard, and Jermaine Johnson was relegated to second team duty. I'd expect Henderson to either start or see significant playing time the rest of the season.
Old 09-30-2010, 12:37 AM    (permalink
katnip
Veteran

katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Reading about Bridgewater has me looking forward to when he takes over. I like Jacory as a college QB. But.. What current or former college QB would TB compare too?

Sig by, Hitman D
katnip is offline   Reply With Quote