Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > College Football

College Football Discuss College Football

Old 12-31-2007, 05:30 PM    (permalink
katnip
Veteran

katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Does any1 know where Patrick Johnson is going now that he said The U's not his school?

Sig by, Hitman D
katnip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2007, 05:36 PM    (permalink
BigJohn98
Pro Bowler

BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by katnip View Post
Does any1 know where Patrick Johnson is going now that he said The U's not his school?
LSU, FSU, or UF.
BigJohn98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2008, 12:12 AM    (permalink
devinhester=R.O.Y 2006
Pro Bowler

devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Can someone give some insight into the 3 QB recruits that Miami has from the Class of 2008 in Jacory Harris, Cannon Smith, and Taylor Cook?

Thanks to Bone Krusher for the sig
devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2008, 07:20 PM    (permalink
Finsfan79
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

Finsfan79 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 View Post
Can someone give some insight into the 3 QB recruits that Miami has from the Class of 2008 in Jacory Harris, Cannon Smith, and Taylor Cook?
Harris played for the best team in the nation and he is a 4 star prospective player that is accepted as one of the best high school QBs in florida and a leader on the field. only got to see him play once live, but he is pretty impressive, heck that whole NW team is.

Cook from what I have read is more of a project type that is very toolsy, and smith I dont know enough of to give an honest opinion

Even without PJ it is a heck of a draft class
Finsfan79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2008, 08:23 PM    (permalink
draftguru151
:/
Legend

draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm really not a big fan of Harris. The videos of Cannon looked pretty good though. I really hope Marve works out.

<Gaius_Baltar> That is correct comahan
<vidae> I ******* LOVE YOU DG
<njx9> <3 dg
draftguru151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2008, 08:54 PM    (permalink
jbeans187
Veteran

jbeans187 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.jbeans187 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by draftguru151 View Post
I'm really not a big fan of Harris. The videos of Cannon looked pretty good though. I really hope Marve works out.
Im pulling for Marve, but Harris seems like a hard worker and great leader, so if it comes to him im all for it. Cannon has a great looking deep ball, but i dont think he will beat out marve or harris. Is Cook going to play qb? I could see him bulking up and being a TE, he moves pretty well and has a great frame to build on.

Leroy Smith - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=koGD6XnAsNs
jbeans187 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2008, 06:59 PM    (permalink
etk
All-NFLDC

etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbeans187 View Post
Im pulling for Marve, but Harris seems like a hard worker and great leader, so if it comes to him im all for it. Cannon has a great looking deep ball, but i dont think he will beat out marve or harris. Is Cook going to play qb? I could see him bulking up and being a TE, he moves pretty well and has a great frame to build on.
If we don't sign any TEs this year I think Cook will make the move TE. It's all speculation but right now he's probably our 4th best QB coming in, while our TEs are juniors or higher. He could easily get up to 240-250 by his rSo year.

sig by BoneKrusher
etk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2008, 07:59 PM    (permalink
jbeans187
Veteran

jbeans187 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.jbeans187 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I was looking at espn.com's recruiting site, they are really high on cook, he is rated higher than the likes of Washington, Benjamin, and Harris. He is their 9th rated qb. If you have insider check out his scouting report they love him they say he is the next Matt Jones. I still think he will move positions but i thought that was interesting.

Last edited by jbeans187 : 01-12-2008 at 08:04 PM.
Old 01-12-2008, 08:46 PM    (permalink
RonnieRun23
Rookie

RonnieRun23 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Taylor Cook is a better player than Cannon, and Jacory is MUCH better than him.
RonnieRun23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2008, 11:16 PM    (permalink
jbeans187
Veteran

Default 2008 UMiami Hurricanes discussion

Lets start a thread for 08. I cant wait to see which freshman get on the two deep this season. Also i was reading on another message board that Allen Bailey is up to 292, has moved to d end, 40 in vertical, and 7% body fat. WOW, can anyone confirm this, if so he could literally hurt people...Calalis who? Here is to great year and the resurgence of the U. Predictions?? News?? Share it here

EDIT - I didnt realize there was an 08 canes thread already, my bad

Last edited by jbeans187 : 02-16-2008 at 10:33 AM.
Old 02-15-2008, 11:55 PM    (permalink
draftguru151
Legend

draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I know Bailey is moving to DE, not sure about the weight though.

<njx9> <3 dg
Old 02-17-2008, 05:13 PM    (permalink
etk
All-NFLDC

etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbeans187 View Post
Lets start a thread for 08. I cant wait to see which freshman get on the two deep this season. Also i was reading on another message board that Allen Bailey is up to 292, has moved to d end, 40 in vertical, and 7% body fat. WOW, can anyone confirm this, if so he could literally hurt people...Calalis who? Here is to great year and the resurgence of the U. Predictions?? News?? Share it here
http://miamiherald.typepad.com/umiam...-foreca-1.html

This was straight out of Clint Hurtt`s mouth. Bailey`s at 289 not 292. We`re going to use him at DE, DT, in coverage, maybe standing up. I can`t wait to see Bailey in action, he`s as freakish as it gets.

With some decent DT play from Dixon, Forston, Hendricks, etc. we should dominate the LOS on defense. I`m really ****ing excited for this year`s team. We won`t miss Calais at all, but I`ll miss Kenny.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 02-18-2008, 09:28 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by etk View Post
http://miamiherald.typepad.com/umiam...-foreca-1.html

This was straight out of Clint Hurtt`s mouth. Bailey`s at 289 not 292. We`re going to use him at DE, DT, in coverage, maybe standing up. I can`t wait to see Bailey in action, he`s as freakish as it gets.

With some decent DT play from Dixon, Forston, Hendricks, etc. we should dominate the LOS on defense. I`m really ****ing excited for this year`s team. We won`t miss Calais at all, but I`ll miss Kenny.
Wow, that's what motivation will get you, really good to see players responding to coaches so quickly

fenikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2008, 04:39 PM    (permalink
draftguru151
Legend

The spring roster is out. Some interesting weights. As mentioned Bailey is at 287. Arthur Brown is at 230 (and wearing #11). Glenn Cook is up to 235. Jason Fox is at 306. Forston is 309.

<njx9> <3 dg
Old 02-22-2008, 05:54 PM    (permalink
Joeyjr09

Quote:
The spring roster is out. Some interesting weights. As mentioned Bailey is at 287. Arthur Brown is at 230 (and wearing #11). Glenn Cook is up to 235. Jason Fox is at 306. Forston is 309.
Yea I saw some interesting number choices and some people switching. DVD is wearing 8 now?

Thrilled to have King Arthur as number 11 tho. It'll give my old Dorsey Jersey some significance again.
Old 02-22-2008, 06:14 PM    (permalink
draftguru151
Legend

Glenn Cook better ball so my #3 jersey will be useful. :D

(It was on sale, don't judge me).

<njx9> <3 dg
Old 02-22-2008, 06:15 PM    (permalink
etk
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Fox at 306? WOW. He could keep the trend alive if he plays well under that weight.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joeyjr09 View Post
Thrilled to have King Arthur as number 11 tho. It'll give my old Dorsey Jersey some significance again.
Buddy, you don't even know how thrilled I am...haha! Arthur's my favorite player and I was gonna switch to whatever number he wore but now I don't have to cause I wore 11 last year. It's like fate....or he's spying on me, lol.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 02-25-2008, 09:34 AM    (permalink
Yatta!
Veteran

Yatta! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Yatta! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Yatta! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Yatta! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Yatta! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Yatta! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Yatta! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Yatta! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Yatta! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Yatta! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Yatta! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

does anyone know which freshmen will be redshirting? And how is the depth chart looking, particularly at D-line and linebacker?
Yatta! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2008, 05:42 PM    (permalink
etk
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yatta! View Post
does anyone know which freshmen will be redshirting? And how is the depth chart looking, particularly at D-line and linebacker?
I have an idea who might be redshirting, but there's no way to tell who's redshirting for sure. Taylor Cook is the only one you can be sure of because he's raw and we're not keeping 4 QBs actively.

Here's the depth chart as it stands right now in spring:

DE: Eric Moncur, Adewale Ojomo
DE: Steven Wesley, Allen Bailey
DT: Antonio Dixon, Joe Joseph
DT: Josh Holmes, Marcus Forston

SLB: Sean Spence, Arthur Brown
MLB: Glenn Cook, Spencer Adkins
WLB: Darryl Sharpton, Kylan Robinson

Obviously these lists are very tentative. McCarthy and Hendricks are both injured and will probably start when healthy. Our DLine will have a healthy rotation but Bailey should beat out Wesley. Spence has beaten out King Arthur in the mental aspects of LB but come fall it'll be tough not to start Brown. After the injuries to our box last year it's nice to see some depth.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 03-03-2008, 06:56 PM    (permalink
draftguru151
Legend

I wouldn't be shocked to see Wesley beat out Bailey. Wesley got a lot of praise last spring and summer and is a lot more developed at DE than Bailey. Also while Spence and Brown will both get a lot of PT I'm sure McCarthy will get the first nod at OLB.

<njx9> <3 dg
Old 03-03-2008, 07:34 PM    (permalink
Joeyjr09

Quote:
I wouldn't be shocked to see Wesley beat out Bailey. Wesley got a lot of praise last spring and summer and is a lot more developed at DE than Bailey. Also while Spence and Brown will both get a lot of PT I'm sure McCarthy will get the first nod at OLB.

I'd be mildly surprised if Bailey isn't starting come next season. He is just such a talent. You have to have him on the field as much as possible.

Based on what I've read from spring practices this is were I think we stand as of now not counting the freshman that are coming in June.

DE-Moncur, Ojomo
DT-Holmes, Hendricks
NT- Dixon, Joseph
DE-Bailey, Wesley
OLB-McCarthy, Brown
MLB-Cook, Sharpton
OLB-Spence, Adkins
CB-DVD, Johnson
CB-Grant, Armour
S-Berry, Nicolas
S-Phillips, Reddick

QB-Marve, Harris
RB-Cooper, JJ, Thomas, Chambers
FB-Hill
TE-Epps, Gordon
WR-Shields, AJ, Hill, McKenzie
LT-Fox,
LG-Franklin
C-Shannon
RG-Figeroa
RT-Youngblood

There a host of other OL that are fighting but the starters look set at this point. Gunn, Horn, Pipho, Trump, Symonette are all likely to get backup slots.

Any way, it's nice to look up and down this list and see talent and potential playmakers. Didn't get that feeling at all looking at last years roster and that isn't even including the guys coming in June.

Heard Aldarius is looking out of this world, he is making plays, breaking tackles, and looks like the best player on the field during practices. Also heard that Spence looks like a man amongst boys out there.

Hearing good things about King Arthur too. Although I'm hearing they love his talent but they wanna give him a little more time to grow and understand the defense.

I'm hearing tho that Forston is struggling out there (notice he wasn't on my Depth Chart). He isn't the strongest player out there anymore like he was in the AAA game and he needs work on his technique to help him over come that. The speed and all world talent is there but they are gonna need to give him time to bulk up and learns the ins and outs of playing the position the right way.
Old 03-04-2008, 10:11 PM    (permalink
etk
All-NFLDC

Interesting to see you plug Shannon in at C. I know he has the experience but I thought Pipho has the inside track right now. The shortest guy on that line would be what...6'6?

Figueroa is gonna be a beast this year. If he improves his mental game he could rise up boards as a 1st rounder like Branden Albert/Phil Loadholt.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 03-04-2008, 10:32 PM    (permalink
draftguru151
Legend

I don't see Spence starting over Sharpton. I'd be EXTREMELY shocked if McCarthy, Cook and Sharpton weren't the starters next year, at least the beginning of the year. If one of them didn't start, I'd think it'd be McCarthy, not Sharpton.

<njx9> <3 dg
Old 03-04-2008, 11:21 PM    (permalink
thebow305
2009 NFL Mock Draft Champ
All-Pro

thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I don't see Spence starting over Sharpton. I'd be EXTREMELY shocked if McCarthy, Cook and Sharpton weren't the starters next year, at least the beginning of the year. If one of them didn't start, I'd think it'd be McCarthy, not Sharpton.
WOW! That's crazy talk right there. Colin is our best linebacker IMO. I GUARANTEE he starts next year.

Dolphins Dream Draft: 1. C.J. Mosley 2. Kelvin Benjamin 3. Ja'Wuan James 4. Brandon Thomas 5. Xavier Grimble 6. Tyler Gaffney 7. Ross Cockrell
thebow305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2008, 12:16 AM    (permalink
draftguru151
Legend

He definitely did not out play Sharpton last season when Sharpton was healthy. He made a lot of plays but he needs to play a lot more disciplined and not get caught out of position as much. He has the most potential but he's definitely not there yet. I'd take Cook over both though.

<njx9> <3 dg