Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > College Football

College Football Discuss College Football

Old 04-11-2008, 12:55 PM    (permalink
etk
All-NFLDC

etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joeyjr09 View Post
Given the circumastances. Medicore is not at all the word I'd use. They haven't looked like world beaters but damn they have been pretty good. They went thru like what a week without throwing an INT in practice. I know it's just practice but that's pretty damn impressive. Both guys have looked good on their feet and have definately gotten the ball out of their hands and into the hands of Coop, JJ and the WRs which is alot more then I could say for Kirby and Wright. Give them some time. Marve and Jacory are gonna turn out to be pretty damn good QBs. Remember Jacory should still be in HS.

Once Marve gets more comfortable with his reads and what the offense is trying to do, as well as getting comfortable with his WRs, I think you'll see the passing game open up more and you'll be more impressed with what we will be able to do. But still they turned in very solid springs, they seemed to grow as the time went on and they looked natural and calm out there instead of jumpy and confused like most freshman usually do. Can't complain at all with what I've seen of the QBs.
I don't think you really understand.....you're judging the quarterbacks off of a personally adjusted scale. You're saying they played well based on certain circumstances, while I'm saying they were mediocre (in spring games) in comparison to the rest of the NCAA. Who cares if Marve and Harris are playing well for freshmen, because Brandon Spikes and UF aren't going to sympathize with them because they're inexperienced. You have to judge and evaluate the players based on how they will perform right now, and I don't really expect much from our QBs this year. We definitely aren't in Sam Bradford or Colt McCoy territory here.

sig by BoneKrusher
etk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2008, 03:55 PM    (permalink
Joeyjr09

Quote:
Originally Posted by etk View Post
I don't think you really understand.....you're judging the quarterbacks off of a personally adjusted scale. You're saying they played well based on certain circumstances, while I'm saying they were mediocre (in spring games) in comparison to the rest of the NCAA. Who cares if Marve and Harris are playing well for freshmen, because Brandon Spikes and UF aren't going to sympathize with them because they're inexperienced. You have to judge and evaluate the players based on how they will perform right now, and I don't really expect much from our QBs this year. We definitely aren't in Sam Bradford or Colt McCoy territory here.
Your trying to judge them in a vacumm but you can't do that. Every team in the NCAA expects more out of their seniors then they do from their freshman or even JUCO transfers.

I'm not saying they played well based on circumstances (I know I said circumstance but inexperience was the work I should have used), I'm saying they played well despite a lack of experience. I'm saying they played better then any team in the NCAA would expect out of their freshman QBs. You can't expect the same level of play from a EE kid that should still be in HS or a RS freshman that you would from a 4th or 5th year SR QB. That's not the way QBs work.

It's the same way in the NFL you don't judge rookie or 2nd year QBs the on the same criteria you judge Peyton Manning or Tom Brady.

Of course Marve and Jacory will look very average during the season against the ACC. But considering that Jacory and Marve are battling to start way before they should even see the field, that is a big plus for what's in store for these kids in the future.

Also, by all accounts, Marve and Jacory were much better then medicore during the practices and you can't use the spring game as a barometer to judge this kids. The spring game is extremely watered down. They just go thru the basics, dump offs, short passes and hand offs. There's nothing thrown downfield, there's no roll outs, there's not even screen plays. They just go out there and try to execute that basic game plan so that come fall, they will have that down and build the rest off the offense off of that. You'll see the playbook open up more and come regular season, youll see a much more open fluid offense and I think you'll be alot more impressed then you have been with the spring game.

Your putting way too much stock into that spring game. Marve and Jacory will be fine, it might take a year but they are already better then Wright and Freeman and they one thing they have shown is that they have a bright future. These kids can play and will take us far int he coming seasons.
Old 04-12-2008, 04:11 PM    (permalink
etk
All-NFLDC

etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I haven't been following practices much but I'd love to hear your synopsis of them. The problem I find with spring practices is that you rarely hear something bad said about a player, which is why I don't really care for them much.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 04-13-2008, 02:47 AM    (permalink
Joeyjr09

Quote:
I haven't been following practices much but I'd love to hear your synopsis of them. The problem I find with spring practices is that you rarely hear something bad said about a player, which is why I don't really care for them much.
You kinda gotta do your know analysis of the practices.

One thing I will say. The QBs went just about a week without a single turnover during the practices. I don't care what pace they are running at, how watered down the offense is, or how simple the defense they are facing, to go an entire week with the amount of passes throw at practices and not have a single turnover by a QB is very impressive. At the very least it shows that they have some poise and smarts in them to not make a killer mistake.

Some of the big things I was looking for considering the kids are freshman were: 1.) How they handled the faster pace and pressure, 2.) How their reads looked, 3.) How quickly they got rid of the football, 4.) How they handled themselves in the huddle, and finally 5.) How many plays they made.

Here was what I've found based on everything I've seen and heard from practices.

1.) Harris was most fazed by the extra speed of the game. To start out the camp he was a little flustered and the little clock that every QB has in their head was thrown off for him. He didn't make an awful mistakes due to the added speed but he didn't take his time to get his throws right and this lead to some inaccurate passes that will need to be completed come game day. Luckily he got much better with this as the camp went on and by the end of spring he was much better at dropping back, taking his read and delivering the ball properly. Marve and Cannon also had some adjustments with the speed of college but by all accounts picked up things pretty quickly and didn't look too uncomfortable out there.

2.) Marve was by far the most impressive with his reads. Likely due to the added year in the offense. You could easily see Marve go thru his progressions and find the open man which is why Marve seemed to be the one making more passes downfield then the others. Harris and Cannon basically had two options, find the primary WR or dump off. It seemed kidna clear that the coaches were limiting what Harris and Cannon were allowed to do as far as reads. They seemed to look at one side of the field for the main target and then quickly dump off to get the ball to Coop or JJ. Marve on the other hand seemed to use the whole field. Marve does needs some work with this as I saw him try to just throw it to his main WR instead of checking down for a better option but it was pretty clear that at least Marve was used to the type of reads he will need to be making and will have plenty of time to iron out the kinks.

3.) All 3 got an A+ in this area for me. Not a single one of them held the ball too long. RS must be making a point of this with these kids because Kirby and Kyle killed us last season by holding the ball forever. Cannon seemed to struggle the most with this but from what I saw, it had to do with his size, he seemed to have some trouble finding his dump off man with the big uglies blocking his view. Jacory and Marve however did a nice job with Jacory being the best at it IMO. Marve rarely held the ball too long and looked outstanding scrambling to get yardage. He wouldn't wait for the pressure to get there. If there wasn't anyone open, he'd take off and get what he could, He doesn't sit in the pocket for long, the ball either gets out of his hand or he is off running. Jacory for my money was outstanding with this aspect. He did a little more dumping off then I would have liked but he usually took his drop made a read and got rid of it. No time wasted back there. He found a nice niche getting the ball in the hands of Coop and JJ and also had good touch on quick outs. He isn't as much a runner as Marve is which is probably why there were more dump offs with Jacory.

4.) Obviously this was the hardest area to judge but from all account Marve seems to be the best in this area. I've heard and read from numerous people that Marve just has a presence in the huddle. I've heard from folks that he comes in the huddle and commands his troops like a general would. He gets people lined up and make sure everything is taken care of pre-snap. I've also heard from people on the know inside that the players are far more confident with Marve then with the other 2 guys. He just seems like a well liked guy and he's confident in his game which leads the teams to be confident in him. Far cry from Kyle Wright who seemed depressed after every mistake. Marve takes things in strides and is very business like in just going out and doing his job. Jacory and Cannon looked like freshman in this area. They didn't know the offense enough, they were still very much in the learning process and had too many question marks to really inspire confidence from the team. Not that the team is down on them but I've heard it's the same feeling as when Marve is in the huddle. Best I can describe it based on what I've heard. When Jacory and Cannon are in, they are expecting smart but conservative playing. When Marve is in the game, it's just a matter of time til he starts clicking and putting together big plays and scores.

5.) This is the area that no one really stood out. But again Marve seems the closed to breaking out here. Jacory and Cannon just don't know enough of the playbook and haven't been exposed enough to really make a difference. They are smart, make the proper reads and throws but they just game managers at this point. Marve has more to him right now. While he certainly wasn't a game changer this spring, he did offer more to an offense and really looked like he could be a game changer back there given time and experience. He is more of a gunslinger and takes more chances then the other 2. He was not afriad to throw the ball downfield in 1 on 1 coverage. He didn't complete many of them but that will come with time and better WR play. His deep balls were just a little off and the WRs just didn't make great adjustments to them. That will come together as they play with each other more. Marve also seemed more profficient in finding the breakdowns in coverage. When a man sprung loose, Marve seemed to be more on top of it in the other guys. Jacory was also solid in this area but Marve was far better. More often then not it was the RBs getting loose underneath which is why you saw lot of big plays by the RBs but Marve was solid at finding the right man. Also, Marve is gotta make plays with his feet. He's not VY or Mike Vick but man he can move. Your gonna see him keep alot of plays alive by moving the pocket and allowing his guys more time to get free. Your gonna see him some with roll outs allowing the RB to get loose and your gonna see when teams go with havey coverge, Marve will tuck and run and he's even got a little shake to him to make a guy miss here or there and get some good yardage. He looked very quick out there and it's encouraging to see a QB with some real athletic ability out there.

As you can probably tell. Marve was definately the standout. He should be the starting QB this season. Jacory and Cannon just aren't more then game managers at this point and will need to get some experience and time under their belt to understand and get used to everything. It's pretty obviously from watching that Marve has already had that time and is now working on scoring points instead of working on protecting the football. He takes more chances, he makes more reads, he is more confident, he just seems a step ahead of the other two. He needs work for sure, but he's more ready to play now then the other 2. Once Marve hits the field and gets some real game time under him, he'll be fine. I think you'll see a simple water down offense to start the season but by year's end I think you'll see Nix take more chances, you'll see a more open offense and you'll see Marve improve by leaps and bounds where Jacory and Cannon will likely still be in baby step mode for much of the year.

Marve just seems to have the more ready player and he seems to have more potential and a brighter future. There's no reason he shouldn't be the starter this season and while I expect this year to be a roller coaster of ups and downs for him, some great plays that will wow you but also some rookie mistakes as he gets used to real live college football, however, I do think he's gonna show alot to be excited about for the coming years.
Old 04-13-2008, 09:23 AM    (permalink
etk
All-NFLDC

Thanks for the write-up but I'm REALLY sick of the QB talk. This team is gonna run the ball again and again, and then when we do throw the ball it will be to JJ, Cooper, McNeal or Thomas. The backs control this offense and I've been nothing but impressed with them so far. JJ is bigger, quicker and can catch the ball now. Cooper is more decisive as a runner. McNeal is very quick and explosive.

The difference I see between Marve and Harris is that Marve seems to have a better grasp of the position: footwork, mechanics, pocket presence, scrambling. Harris has a nice arm but between his lanky frame and "happy feet" in the pocket you can really tell he just graduated high school.

I love our defense though. Since there's really nothing but good things to say about them, I'll nitpick on a few things...

-Dixon cannot rush the passer. Someone will have to step up beside Forston on 3rd downs....maybe Bailey rushing the inside like Justin Tuck with Ojomo as an edge rusher,

-Sharpton can rush the passer when he finds a lane, but I wanna see him do a better job disengaging from blocks.

-Carlos Armour plays way too high. WAY too high.

-Our DBs can cover, but I still don't see the playmaking ability of the past. Part of the reason is the accuracy and smart decisions of our QBs, but I also see a lack of aggressiveness from our current starters at safety. It would be nice to see someone like Berry get a shot in coverage.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 04-13-2008, 10:11 AM    (permalink
Joeyjr09

Quote:
Thanks for the write-up but I'm REALLY sick of the QB talk. This team is gonna run the ball again and again, and then when we do throw the ball it will be to JJ, Cooper, McNeal or Thomas. The backs control this offense and I've been nothing but impressed with them so far. JJ is bigger, quicker and can catch the ball now. Cooper is more decisive as a runner. McNeal is very quick and explosive.

The difference I see between Marve and Harris is that Marve seems to have a better grasp of the position: footwork, mechanics, pocket presence, scrambling. Harris has a nice arm but between his lanky frame and "happy feet" in the pocket you can really tell he just graduated high school.

I love our defense though. Since there's really nothing but good things to say about them, I'll nitpick on a few things...

-Dixon cannot rush the passer. Someone will have to step up beside Forston on 3rd downs....maybe Bailey rushing the inside like Justin Tuck with Ojomo as an edge rusher,

-Sharpton can rush the passer when he finds a lane, but I wanna see him do a better job disengaging from blocks.

-Carlos Armour plays way too high. WAY too high.

-Our DBs can cover, but I still don't see the playmaking ability of the past. Part of the reason is the accuracy and smart decisions of our QBs, but I also see a lack of aggressiveness from our current starters at safety. It would be nice to see someone like Berry get a shot in coverage.
Of course the offense is going to be run thru our RBs, it always has been, even dating back to the Edge and James Jackson days. Especially this season with us being extremely young at QB and WR. Still QB is the most important position on the field and there's alot to get excited about with those guy. Everyone is expecting ups and downs with them and there will be alot of mistakes this season. I'm sure they will look great at times but also look Kirby Freeman-ish at times. It's just encouraging to see how advanced they are for their age and experience level.

As for the D.

-Of course Dixon can't pass rush. He's close to 350. You shouldn't be expecting him to pass rush. He holds his ground, eats up the middle blockers and allows Sharpton, King Arthur, Spence, Bailey and Moncur to get the sacks. Notice how many plays the LBs made this season and how often they were getting to the QB compared to last season. Dixon was injured last season which killed us in that area. Our LBs were taking on tons of blocks and Campbell and Moncur were getting double teamed all the time. Dixon is our best DL at what he does. He doesn't need to bring pass rush, he's a NT, not a UT. He is a huge assest and I have nothing to praise for what he has done this spring. If he's healthy, we are a much different defense.

-Sharpton has a ton of upside but he scares me sometimes. He has alot fo physical talent but I'm not sure his heads in it all the time. Hopefully he proves me wrong.

-Carlos Armour? Really? Who Cares? He's behind Grant, DVD, Bruce Johnson and Brandon Harris will pass him when he gets here. Hell even Damien Berry was getting time ahead of Armour this spring in emergency work. If Armour is playing alot, we are in trouble.

-Have to disagree with you on the playmaking of our DBs. For the 1st time since Antrel Rolle left, I feel like we got a couple guys back there that will make plays. Mainly Chavez Grant who has really impressed me this spring and DVD who has looked outstanding with some of the added bulk he put on. Grant has looked much better on the adjustment to the outside and has pulled down INT after INT all spring. If he keeps it up, he is gonna make a huge difference back there this season. DVD needs to keep adding bulk and get more physical but he gets to some passes sometimes and it leaves me scratching my head as to how he even got himself in position to make that play. I will agree that our safeties need work. Randy Phillips is really the only guy back there that I feel is anything other then average. We won't see much from them this season but I'd expect next season u'll see Berry get a shot with CJ Holton, Telemaque and Cookie getting shots as well in the coming years.

This is a team that's likely still 3 years away. When guys like Marve and DVD are JRs and SRs and our current class coming in are Sophmores and JRs. That's when you'll really see us come together.
Old 04-13-2008, 07:59 PM    (permalink
etk
All-NFLDC

haha you're killing me here...I'm just making points about our players...you don't have to analyze their playing situations. I do hope you're right about Armour though, cuz every so often I read something that says something about him possibly starting and things like that.

I said our DBs haven't been playmakers. They've all done an outstanding job batting balls and covering receivers but some of them can't catch and others just aren't attacking the ball.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 04-16-2008, 06:51 PM    (permalink
jbeans187
Veteran

jbeans187 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.jbeans187 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

damien berry to rb????

Leroy Smith - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=koGD6XnAsNs
jbeans187 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2008, 06:53 PM    (permalink
etk
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbeans187 View Post
damien berry to rb????
Where did you hear that? We don't need a RB.

You sure it's not Lovon Ponder either? Kylan Robinson?

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 04-16-2008, 07:12 PM    (permalink
jbeans187
Veteran

jbeans187 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.jbeans187 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Its the cover story on Miami's rival page. Ryan Hill to DB and Luqman Abdallah to OL

Leroy Smith - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=koGD6XnAsNs
jbeans187 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2008, 07:14 PM    (permalink
etk
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbeans187 View Post
Its the cover story on Miami's rival page. Ryan Hill to DB and Luqman Abdallah to OL
Oh sorry I haven't checked yet tonight. Hill to DB sounds sweet cause he can't catch a cold.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 04-16-2008, 10:13 PM    (permalink
Joeyjr09

Quote:
Oh sorry I haven't checked yet tonight. Hill to DB sounds sweet cause he can't catch a cold.
Hill to CB is no shocker. He's likely just a KR anyways. Abdullah is meh. Who cares? Wasted scholly.

Damien Berry to RB leaves me scratching my head. He looked real good at SS last season and I know he wasn't as shape this spring but I figured that was because he got shifted around at CB when guys where out.

I have no idea where he's gonna fit into the RB picture. Could they possibly move Chambers to CB now as was rumored over summer? That would make a little more sense as I love the idea of Chambers playing CB. His speed there is just so exticing.
Old 04-16-2008, 10:57 PM    (permalink
etk
All-NFLDC

I like Chambers' speed at RB....especially in a 3/4 wide set. Speed does not make a good corner, especially not when you have very little experience.

I thought Berry could kick it with the incoming freshmen and even challenge for PT this year. Very confusing.

Hill probably won't see much time at CB...but we're definitely making progress by removing him from the WR rotation. He can't get any worse switching positions.

Abdallah...meh. Exactly.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 04-16-2008, 11:34 PM    (permalink
Joeyjr09

Quote:
I like Chambers' speed at RB....especially in a 3/4 wide set. Speed does not make a good corner, especially not when you have very little experience.
Agreed but the 1st thing I look at with my CB is speed. Especially with as much man as Miami plays. 1st and foremost you got to be able to run with the guy, the rest can be worked around. Randy Phillips being a perfect example. Chambers just really really intrigues me in that area. The rest we can work out.

He's got some time to learn the position as we likely will not need him until Bruce Johnson and Chavez Grant are gone in the next couple years. I'm not sure he will be the type of player at CB that he can be at RB but he's definately got the ability to be a very good cover man and will get on the field alot faster for us at CB and likely be more helpful in that area as he's got an uphill battle for PT at RB.

Could definately see DVD (JR), Brandon Harris (SO), Bruce Johnson (JR) and Chambers (RS SO) as our 4 man CB team next season with Chambers obviously bumping up to a nickel role the by his RS JR season.

He could definately be a real asset for us there. The issue is if we feel the drop off from him moving to CB from RB is significant enough to risk the move. If it is, keep him at RB and we basically will have just wasted a scholly on Berry because he will be a Kylan Robinson at RB. Just ain't gonna happen for him. He'd be behind JJ, Coop, McNeal, Chambers, Bryce Brown, and The Truth next season.
Old 04-17-2008, 11:29 AM    (permalink
etk
All-NFLDC

I have little doubt Berry would/will transfer if he's stuck at RB.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 04-17-2008, 02:20 PM    (permalink
Joeyjr09

Quote:
I have little doubt Berry would/will transfer if he's stuck at RB.
Not sure about that. He's got alot of friends at Miami and there's still plenty of time for him to work into a role. He's still got 4 years of eligibility remaining.

He played RB in HS and switched to S at Miami so supposedly he's ok with the move back.

Let's not jump the gun here and start transfer talk, all he did was switch positions.
Old 04-17-2008, 03:40 PM    (permalink
etk
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Not sure about that. He's got alot of friends at Miami and there's still plenty of time for him to work into a role. He's still got 4 years of eligibility remaining.

He played RB in HS and switched to S at Miami so supposedly he's ok with the move back.

Let's not jump the gun here and start transfer talk, all he did was switch positions.
You say that but Berry is a good defensive back and he doesn't deserve to ride the pine here behind likely 5 better backs. Sometimes you just have to think selfish.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 04-17-2008, 05:06 PM    (permalink
Joeyjr09

Quote:
You say that but Berry is a good defensive back and he doesn't deserve to ride the pine here behind likely 5 better backs. Sometimes you just have to think selfish.
If coaches felt he wasn't gonna see the field at Safety with the million recruits we brought in then why blame them for pushing him to another spot where maybe he can have more success?

Thinking of transferring is not the right mindset to have anyways. When was the last time a guy that left Miami succeeded? Transfers always tank. From what I've seen Berry is a fighter and contrary to your beliefs, some kids take prime in playing for Miami and would rather work their ass off to better themselves and try to succeed here, then to go somewhere else and take the easy road.
Old 04-17-2008, 07:43 PM    (permalink
BigJohn98
Pro Bowler

BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Tell me about Allen Bailey. I see you guys talking about him all the time.
BigJohn98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2008, 07:48 PM    (permalink
Joeyjr09

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJohn98 View Post
Tell me about Allen Bailey. I see you guys talking about him all the time.
You'll get to know him real well over the next 4 years. Don't worry. He's make make EJ Manuel wish hed have chosen an SEC school.
Old 04-18-2008, 12:43 PM    (permalink
etk
All-NFLDC

Quote:
If coaches felt he wasn't gonna see the field at Safety with the million recruits we brought in then why blame them for pushing him to another spot where maybe he can have more success?

Thinking of transferring is not the right mindset to have anyways. When was the last time a guy that left Miami succeeded? Transfers always tank. From what I've seen Berry is a fighter and contrary to your beliefs, some kids take prime in playing for Miami and would rather work their ass off to better themselves and try to succeed here, then to go somewhere else and take the easy road.
Personally I think there's no way Doug Wiggins won't have success at Western Michigan...it's Western Michigan.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 04-18-2008, 02:52 PM    (permalink
Joeyjr09

Quote:
Personally I think there's no way Doug Wiggins won't have success at Western Michigan...it's Western Michigan.
Doug Wiggins couldn't crack even a mintue of playing time on defense or special teams for us last season and we were hurting for CBs.

Besides we've had alot better kids transfer to worse programs and still fail. Just the way it works.

I know he didn't play for Miami but a close example to Wiggins situation is Fred Rouse. Only Rouse was alot better and still hasn't done a damn thing.
Old 04-18-2008, 03:40 PM    (permalink
etk
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Doug Wiggins couldn't crack even a mintue of playing time on defense or special teams for us last season and we were hurting for CBs.

Besides we've had alot better kids transfer to worse programs and still fail. Just the way it works.

I know he didn't play for Miami but a close example to Wiggins situation is Fred Rouse. Only Rouse was alot better and still hasn't done a damn thing.
Rouse is gonna be a Junior I think at UTEP...I'm sure he'll do fine.

Wiggins is apparently the best athlete they've ever had at WMU and they wanna use him like Michigan used Charles Woodson. With 3 years of eligibility I think he will be their impact player for a while.

There's always the Willie Williams type that just can't get it together, but then there's always a Nate Harris that goes to a new team and dominates. There was also that big CB whose name is slipping my mind...you can't say all our transfers have struggled.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 04-18-2008, 03:52 PM    (permalink
Joeyjr09

Quote:
Rouse is gonna be a Junior I think at UTEP...I'm sure he'll do fine.

Wiggins is apparently the best athlete they've ever had at WMU and they wanna use him like Michigan used Charles Woodson. With 3 years of eligibility I think he will be their impact player for a while.

There's always the Willie Williams type that just can't get it together, but then there's always a Nate Harris that goes to a new team and dominates. There was also that big CB whose name is slipping my mind...you can't say all our transfers have struggled.
Travarous Bain was the other CB your thinking of. But Nate Harris and Travarous Bain are the except. There's a million other transfers that you never here about after they leave. Not all transfers fail, if they did there would be no point to transfer. But I stand by my statement. The amount of kids that transfer from Miami and fail at their next school is much much higher then the 1 or 2 kids that can be considered successful after the transfer.

If Doug Wiggins can do it then more power to him, still I have doubts about any transfers that leave Miami and especially ones that leave with such bad character and ugly breakups.

BTW...Fred Rouse isn't playing for the UTEP football team anymore for undisclosed reasons. He's thinking of entering the supplemental draft or transferring a 2nd time. Florida A&M are said to be the frontrunners. They are a 1AA program.
Old 04-18-2008, 03:54 PM    (permalink
etk
All-NFLDC

LOL....Rouse has serious personal problems he needs to sort out...sounds just like Williams.

sig by BoneKrusher