Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > College Football

College Football Discuss College Football

Old 09-07-2008, 05:41 AM    (permalink
Bruce Banner
All-Pro

Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yatta! View Post
Is there a reason why Javaris James is getting so few carries? I was expecting him to split time 50-50 with Cooper but it seems that Derron Thomas is seeing more of the ball as well. Is he injured or just out of form?
I think James got beat up early in the game.
Bruce Banner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2008, 09:04 AM    (permalink
Joeyjr09

Quote:
Originally Posted by 504 to ATL View Post
Tonight's game could have been a fluke or the real deal. Who knows.
Miami fans know. We've been saying it for months. We have a chance at 8-9 wins and the ACC title.

Can't be a fluke if everyone that follows this team expected this. It's the rest of the nation that is shocked at how well we played, not the Miami fans. Frankly I expected us to play even better then we did.
Old 09-07-2008, 09:09 AM    (permalink
Joeyjr09

Quote:
Originally Posted by Draft King View Post
A couple things I noticed.

- Sean Spence looked great out there in his first meaningful game. I don't know why but everytime I look at him I see an Ernie Sims clone. Nice sack on Tebow and he completely leveled James.

- Robert Marve looks alot better with his feet than I expected, once he works on making all of his reads he'll be a player for sure. Very nice arm strength.

- Bruce Johnson (I think that's who it was, # 22) was burnt twice by Louis Murphy, both times not even looking back at the ball. It was pretty pathetic.

- Aldarius Johnson had one nice grab, other than that you didn't see much of him.

- Leonard Hankerson had one great catch over the middle, but way too many drops. He really needs to improve on his consistency as he was actually getting open.

- Where is Arthur Brown??? Did he Redshirt or what??
Aldarius wasn't even given a chance. He was thrown two twice. Once in double coverage. The Gators knew he was our best WR and they were on him like white on rice all game.

Arthur Brown is too raw. Coaches want him to learn better technique before giving him big minutes. He's 3rd string and could be a redshirt candidate. I think he's also dealing with some minor injuries as well. He's not at all the reason we lost.

Spence will be better then Ernie Sims. They have all the same qualities but Spence hits much harder.
Old 09-08-2008, 05:44 PM    (permalink
Ozzy
Pro Bowler

Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Canes looked good, and it appears they have finally found a QB, well two QB's really. Marve looks very promising and Harris looks like a potential star also. Still very disappointed in the quality of their RB's though, sure some guys where out but really expected more from them as a group. The offensive line was very good though, sure gave up sacks but overall played well. Kind of disappointed in their WR's but give them time I guess.

The defense was great, Cook wow that guy is quite the linebacker. Reminds me a lot of Jon Beason in terms of his athletic ability and size. Sure probably will not be as good but maybe. Bailey looked like a fine DE also and yeah I agree Spence looked great. Not to mention Harris a future star at CB.

Very nice to see Reddick show some ability actually, and actually play on the field. He looked ok. And Grant was ok at corner, not great but solid.

Very nice to see McCarthy getting back into the action again, he is quite the promising player and yes the Dan Morgan comparisons will come because of his number and skin color. But he is a very good player regardless.

Really impressed with them though, wish they did not lose by so much because they played better than that. Still with Marve and Harris at QB they have so much promise. And in the down ACC they should make more noise than most people think.

I still say, thank goodness for the departure of Kyle Wright...nice to have a real QB at the U again.
Old 09-08-2008, 11:44 PM    (permalink
Joeyjr09

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozzy View Post
Canes looked good, and it appears they have finally found a QB, well two QB's really. Marve looks very promising and Harris looks like a potential star also. Still very disappointed in the quality of their RB's though, sure some guys where out but really expected more from them as a group. The offensive line was very good though, sure gave up sacks but overall played well. Kind of disappointed in their WR's but give them time I guess.

The defense was great, Cook wow that guy is quite the linebacker. Reminds me a lot of Jon Beason in terms of his athletic ability and size. Sure probably will not be as good but maybe. Bailey looked like a fine DE also and yeah I agree Spence looked great. Not to mention Harris a future star at CB.

Very nice to see Reddick show some ability actually, and actually play on the field. He looked ok. And Grant was ok at corner, not great but solid.

Very nice to see McCarthy getting back into the action again, he is quite the promising player and yes the Dan Morgan comparisons will come because of his number and skin color. But he is a very good player regardless.

Really impressed with them though, wish they did not lose by so much because they played better than that. Still with Marve and Harris at QB they have so much promise. And in the down ACC they should make more noise than most people think.

I still say, thank goodness for the departure of Kyle Wright...nice to have a real QB at the U again.

Agree with you on everything except 2 points.

1.) Glenn Cook is quite a LB? Similar to Jon Beason? Yoru joking right? Beason was an absolute beast. Cook is a 6th year player who is only playing because he is the oldest member and knows the ins and outs of the playbook and plays with great technique. He has absolutely no athletic ability. None. If he wasn't smart enough to get himself to the right part of the field all the time and mentor our young LBs, he'd easily be benched or even cut from our team. He's basically just out there to be another coach for our young freshmen, but he has ZERO talent to speak of.

2.) Your surprised Anthony Reddick showed some ability? Don't follow Miami much do we? He has tons of ability. He was on his way to becoming our next great safety before he got hurt. I'm not in the least bit surprised he has looked so good. He has always had talent and has always been one of our better players. It was just a matter of him getting healthy.
Old 09-09-2008, 10:15 AM    (permalink
Ozzy
Pro Bowler

Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
2.) Your surprised Anthony Reddick showed some ability? Don't follow Miami much do we? He has tons of ability. He was on his way to becoming our next great safety before he got hurt. I'm not in the least bit surprised he has looked so good. He has always had talent and has always been one of our better players. It was just a matter of him getting healthy.
Exactly, it is like he is never one the field one and two it seems like he has been on Miami for like seven years. But yes, his health is the major problem.

As for Cook, I have never really seen him make plays before that Florida game. I knew of him but did not really know him, but based on that game I think he has some talent. He looked very good, and I compared him to Beason just because he is short and stocky. Now if that was the game of his life and he will never do it again, yeah, but if he keeps playing like that all year I would not be surprised if he gets drafted.
Old 09-09-2008, 10:32 AM    (permalink
draftguru151
:/
Legend

draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well, Cook has talent, just nowhere near the athletic ability or explosion Beason had. He definitely is the player he is because of his mental abilities but I think Joey isn't giving him quite enough credit.

<Gaius_Baltar> That is correct comahan
<vidae> I ******* LOVE YOU DG
<njx9> <3 dg
draftguru151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2008, 07:15 PM    (permalink
Joeyjr09

Quote:
Originally Posted by draftguru151 View Post
Well, Cook has talent, just nowhere near the athletic ability or explosion Beason had. He definitely is the player he is because of his mental abilities but I think Joey isn't giving him quite enough credit.
I think he's garbage. All he is is a great mentor. That's it. No way is he better then Spence, Sharpton, McCarthy and Futch will pass him by week 6.

Cook can bring just as much to our team on the bench as he does on the field. I'd much rather shift Sharpton inside and let Spence and McCarthy start then to give Cook so much PT.
Old 09-09-2008, 08:19 PM    (permalink
BigJohn98
Pro Bowler

BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joeyjr09 View Post

Spence will be better then Ernie Sims. They have all the same qualities but Spence hits much harder.
According to...?
BigJohn98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2008, 10:21 PM    (permalink
Joeyjr09

According to me. I went to school at FSU and saw plenty of Ernie Sims during my years there. Ernie as a freshman wasn't half the player Spence is now.

Spence has all the potential in the world to be better then Ernie Sims.
Old 09-11-2008, 01:34 PM    (permalink
djp
Team Leader
Icon

djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I pretty much have the sickest sig ever.
Old 09-11-2008, 06:30 PM    (permalink
Joeyjr09

Quote:
Originally Posted by djp4516 View Post
I pretty much have the sickest sig ever.
Agreed. You know, I was thinking of doing the same thing when I saw it up on the Marcus Ball article.

Do you have any idea who that is?
Old 09-11-2008, 06:47 PM    (permalink
draftguru151
Legend

draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ah wtf I was going to use that as my game day sig. :p

<njx9> <3 dg
Old 09-13-2008, 12:21 AM    (permalink
djp
Team Leader
Icon

djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joeyjr09 View Post
Agreed. You know, I was thinking of doing the same thing when I saw it up on the Marcus Ball article.

Do you have any idea who that is?
Derron Thomas I think. Possibly JoJo.

Miami has scheduled a home and home with Nebraska in 2014 and 2015.

Oklahoma, Florida, Ohio State, Nebraska, Texas A&M, Pittsburgh, Kansas State...

We just need to add Notre Dame to that list. Nobody can say we have an easy non-conference schedule.

Now the Gators and Seminoles on the other hand....

Last edited by djp : 09-13-2008 at 12:23 AM.
djp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2008, 11:26 AM    (permalink
Joeyjr09

Quote:
Derron Thomas I think. Possibly JoJo.

Miami has scheduled a home and home with Nebraska in 2014 and 2015.

Oklahoma, Florida, Ohio State, Nebraska, Texas A&M, Pittsburgh, Kansas State...

We just need to add Notre Dame to that list. Nobody can say we have an easy non-conference schedule.

Now the Gators and Seminoles on the other hand....
Speaking of the Gators and Seminoles....Foxsports.com had a poll the other day to vote for the most obnoxious fans in college football...(drumroll please)....Gators won in a landslide, Seminoles came in 2nd.

The said the Gators were basically like new money. They sucked all their lives, win 1 title and don't know how to act with it now.
Old 09-13-2008, 05:06 PM    (permalink
djp
Team Leader
Icon

If anyone wants a new sig..
Old 09-15-2008, 05:18 PM    (permalink
Ozzy
Pro Bowler

hahaha a fellow Minnesota boy that likes the Canes....nice...

Anyway, that amazing picture reminds me of the days when the Canes had great RB's. Sure hope either the current RB's pick it up or they recruit some players. That have not had a real great RB for quite awhile.
Old 09-15-2008, 05:44 PM    (permalink
djp
Team Leader
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozzy View Post
hahaha a fellow Minnesota boy that likes the Canes....nice...

Anyway, that amazing picture reminds me of the days when the Canes had great RB's. Sure hope either the current RB's pick it up or they recruit some players. That have not had a real great RB for quite awhile.
http://miami.rivals.com/viewprospect...1&pr_key=54102
Old 09-15-2008, 05:49 PM    (permalink
draftguru151
Legend

Quote:

<njx9> <3 dg
Old 09-15-2008, 06:08 PM    (permalink
djp
Team Leader
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by draftguru151 View Post
He could be the best back we've ever had.
Old 09-17-2008, 10:31 PM    (permalink
djp
Team Leader
Icon

Good thing I get the ND/MSU and UNC/VT games here and not the Canes.

God damnit.
Old 09-17-2008, 10:39 PM    (permalink
Joeyjr09

Quote:
Good thing I get the ND/MSU and UNC/VT games here and not the Canes.

God damnit.
I'll be at my school's (FIU) big kickoff game at the brand new stadium to watch us get our ass handed to us by USF.

But we are tailgating before the game and you can bet your ass we are hooking a TV up to my truck to watch Miami handle A&M before we head into the stadium.

I think we should win pretty easily. A&M doesn't seem like much a problem. I'll predict something like 28-10 or so.
Old 09-17-2008, 10:53 PM    (permalink
djp
Team Leader
Icon

Kyle Field is definitely overrated, but good god, if we have playcalling like we did the last game, I'd be shocked if we scored more than 13 points.

Hopefully it's like 95/5 with Marve over Harris in terms of qb play.

2 QB systems never work. I love Jacory, but Marve is clearly the guy.
Old 09-17-2008, 11:39 PM    (permalink
Joeyjr09

Quote:
Kyle Field is definitely overrated, but good god, if we have playcalling like we did the last game, I'd be shocked if we scored more than 13 points.

Hopefully it's like 95/5 with Marve over Harris in terms of qb play.

2 QB systems never work. I love Jacory, but Marve is clearly the guy.
I don't think you'll see more of Jacory then the 2 series he had against Florida.

And after all the crap Nix has gotten all week, I expect him to throw alot more. A&M has a really bad defense, Marve has a start under his belt, we have pushed Aldarius, Shields and Benjamin to our top 3 WRs and are said to be going with a smaller rotation this week, JJ is hurt meaning we need to ease some pressure off the RBs. Seems like the writing is on the wall this week for some big plays in the passing game. Just give Marve a chance.

I'm expecting Aldarius to have a handful of catches and breaks some tackles for decent gains and I'm expecting a big play from Benjamin at some point. I think this could be his breakout game.

What has me really giddy tho, is Pimp on return duty. He is so fun to watch when he's dancing around out there and shaking guys.
Old 09-20-2008, 05:03 PM    (permalink
djp
Team Leader
Icon

Crack open a beer guys, this is Miami Hurricanes football at its finest.

Robert Marve = truth
Pimp = truth
Bill Young = truth