Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > College Football

College Football Discuss College Football

Old 02-01-2009, 12:07 AM    (permalink
djp
Team Leader
Icon

djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Also, etk, Vernon is from Miami as well.
Old 02-01-2009, 12:17 AM    (permalink
etk
All-NFLDC

etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by djp View Post
Also, etk, Vernon is from Miami as well.
Hialeah. I know what you mean, but that's right off of scout.com.

sig by BoneKrusher
etk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2009, 01:41 AM    (permalink
Hollywood
Veteran

Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I'm expecting a surprise....landing any 1 indivdual surprise is a surprise in itself, while getting no surprises would be a surprise.
So basically you are guaranteed to get a nice surprise, lol.

Quote:
We only have 2 commits from the actual city of Miami (Webster & Miller). The fact that we even have a top 10 class is remarkable. I just wanna see us finish strong.
Wow, I never did notice that before but you're right...counting Vernon we only have three guys from Dade County in this class...as djp said...it is pretty remarkable that we are going to end with a top ten class.

BTW for some reason I still feel good about Charles. I mean, he is a Cane fan, I think he was a Cane all the way until the Marve situation and now we offer just about immediate playing time for a pass catching TE. It's too good of a situation to pass up just because of a guy he isn't that close to and even if he was so what??
Hollywood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2009, 10:39 AM    (permalink
JoeyJr09
Veteran

JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

Charles is gone at this point.

From what I can tell, he call us up. Our staffs kinda put him on the backburner a little behind some other targets because of the HS coach and he ended up being even less interested after his UGA visit.
JoeyJr09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2009, 07:26 PM    (permalink
etk
All-NFLDC

etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

How can we put Orson Charles on the backburner? The guy is ridiculously talented and we need him bad.....ugh.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 02-01-2009, 08:12 PM    (permalink
JoeyJr09
Veteran

JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

Quote:
Originally Posted by etk View Post
How can we put Orson Charles on the backburner? The guy is ridiculously talented and we need him bad.....ugh.
The people he surrounds himself with are gonna cause more harm then good.

Plus, if we land Richardson, will it really matter?
Old 02-01-2009, 08:15 PM    (permalink
BRAVEHEART
Pro Bowler

BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeyJr09 View Post

Thought he was a goody two shoes?
Old 02-01-2009, 08:23 PM    (permalink
etk
All-NFLDC

Quote:

I didn't know that.

I hope we do land Richardson, but he's 290 lbs. We still need a receiving TE, and I think Richardson will end up on the DL.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 02-01-2009, 11:50 PM    (permalink
JoeyJr09
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by BRAVEHEART View Post
Thought he was a goody two shoes?
I'm refering to his family being really close with the Marve family and his HS coach likely always being behind the scenes.

Do you really wanna risk all the problem Marve caused all over again.

1 player isn't gonna make or break us.

I think the staff is willing to take him but I don't think they are willing to invest alot of time into that situation considering what alot of his close friends and mentors have caused here recently.
Old 02-02-2009, 08:14 AM    (permalink
etk
All-NFLDC

I thought he only played 1 year at Plant anyway. It's not like Marve who basically had 2 dads throughout HS with Weiner holding his hand through everything.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 02-02-2009, 12:38 PM    (permalink
JoeyJr09
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by etk View Post
I thought he only played 1 year at Plant anyway. It's not like Marve who basically had 2 dads throughout HS with Weiner holding his hand through everything.
If that was truely the case, he wouldnt have dropped us after the Marve situation. Hes already let them sway him from his school of choice. Is it really worth it?

Would you knowingly invest alot of time into something that has the potential to cause riffs on your team for 4 years?
Old 02-02-2009, 12:49 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

How is Amare Stoudemire progressing? Oops, I mean Allen Bailey.
Old 02-02-2009, 02:53 PM    (permalink
JoeyJr09
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by HinesWardJr View Post
How is Amare Stoudemire progressing? Oops, I mean Allen Bailey.
About what youd expect.

There were moments where he looked like a beast and was unblockable. ( 2nd quarter vs UF, 4th quarter vs VT, entire UCF game)

But there were games where he looked like he shouldnt even be on the field (NC State, GaTech, FSU)

Thats to be expected considering he was learning a new position and he missed all spring and the 1st game with an injury limiting his time to learn. He was thrown to the wolves basically.

The raw talent there is out of this world but he needs to learn how DEs deal with containment, to not to overpursue, and holding at the point off attack to really take the next step.
Old 02-02-2009, 03:50 PM    (permalink
djp
Team Leader
Icon

djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He is going to be a really interesting prospect in terms of the NFL. He can play DE just fine but it will be intriguing to me to see if a team will select him and try to put on some more pounds and play him at DT.
Old 02-02-2009, 05:54 PM    (permalink
thebow305
2009 NFL Mock Draft Champ
All-Pro

thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by djp View Post
He is going to be a really interesting prospect in terms of the NFL. He can play DE just fine but it will be intriguing to me to see if a team will select him and try to put on some more pounds and play him at DT.
To be completely honest, I wouldn't be surprised if WE did that. I wouldn't be at all shocked to see him line up inside next to Forston next season, with Robinson and someone else (Vernon, Dye, Harris, Ojomo??).

Dolphins Dream Draft: 1. C.J. Mosley 2. Kelvin Benjamin 3. Ja'Wuan James 4. Brandon Thomas 5. Xavier Grimble 6. Tyler Gaffney 7. Ross Cockrell

Last edited by thebow305 : 02-02-2009 at 05:56 PM.
thebow305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2009, 06:11 PM    (permalink
tolnaballa
Rookie

tolnaballa smells like sex panther.tolnaballa smells like sex panther.

I have a couple questions about last years freshman class (like development and position)....

Vaughn Telemaque... Wheres he projected to be playing?

Ramon Buchanan... Is he playing safety or linebacker?

Also where will Jamal Ried be playing?

We already have Aldarius, Thearon, Byrd, Benjamin, Streeter, Thompkins, and Johnson at wide out in the first or second years. Seems like he should be at corner, but hes a game breaker.
tolnaballa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2009, 07:12 PM    (permalink
katnip
Veteran

katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yea... Does Aldarius compare to Andre Johnson his first year? Wasn't into college football before the U's 2001 BCS NC... That's when I saw the light, and became a fan of the U!

Sig by, Hitman D
katnip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2009, 07:22 PM    (permalink
etk
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebow305 View Post
To be completely honest, I wouldn't be surprised if WE did that. I wouldn't be at all shocked to see him line up inside next to Forston next season, with Robinson and someone else (Vernon, Dye, Harris, Ojomo??).
Harris? As in Courtney Harris? I'll take Andrew Smith or Steven Wesley over him.

If Bailey moves to DT we will rotate Robinson, Ojomo and Vernon on passing downs and have Smith & Wesley as our base LDEs with Dye possibly getting some PT.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 02-02-2009, 07:23 PM    (permalink
JoeyJr09
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by tolnaballa View Post
I have a couple questions about last years freshman class (like development and position)....

Vaughn Telemaque... Wheres he projected to be playing?

Ramon Buchanan... Is he playing safety or linebacker?

Also where will Jamal Ried be playing?

We already have Aldarius, Thearon, Byrd, Benjamin, Streeter, Thompkins, and Johnson at wide out in the first or second years. Seems like he should be at corner, but hes a game breaker.
If everything goes well, Telemaque will be our starting FS next season. Coaches said he would have replaced Reddick as soon as game 4 if not for the injury. They love him.

Buchanan has been playing LB since before the bowl game.

Jamal Reid is a CB all the way.
Old 02-02-2009, 07:25 PM    (permalink
JoeyJr09
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by katnip View Post
Yea... Does Aldarius compare to Andre Johnson his first year? Wasn't into college football before the U's 2001 BCS NC... That's when I saw the light, and became a fan of the U!
Similar name and size and that's it.

Andre Johnson is the total package. Best WR in the NFL.

Aldarius is a good WR but wont ever reach that level IMO.

He's not fast enough and he has trouble with focus at times.

But he uses his body better then any WR on the roster. He's strong as an ox and can manhandle some CBs and he is by far the smartest player on our offense. His blocking and routes are always on point.
Old 02-02-2009, 07:28 PM    (permalink
katnip
Veteran

katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yea, Aldarius doesn't look that fast to me... Just wondering... Since Andre did very well in college, and I think A.J. can be very good as well. Their physical attributes (height/weight) made me think.

Sig by, Hitman D
katnip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2009, 07:37 PM    (permalink
Hollywood
Veteran

Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Similar name and size and that's it.

Andre Johnson is the total package. Best WR in the NFL.

Aldarius is a good WR but wont ever reach that level IMO.

He's not fast enough and he has trouble with focus at times.

But he uses his body better then any WR on the roster. He's strong as an ox and can manhandle some CBs and he is by far the smartest player on our offense. His blocking and routes are always on point.
+1 on the Aldarius report. He is the kind of guy that Championship teams need and my personal favorite WR on this team. Laron Byrd may put up better numbers next year and Benjamin will be flashier, but AJ is just a beast who will consistently get first downs and will help turn 4 yard runs into big 25+ yard runs because of his outstanding blocking.

He reminds me of a little bigger version of Hines Ward.
Hollywood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2009, 08:54 PM    (permalink
TACKLE
All-NFLDC

TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If you guys had to predict, where do you think Miami's recruiting class will be ranked? (be specific)
Old 02-02-2009, 08:55 PM    (permalink
JoeyJr09
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollywood View Post
+1 on the Aldarius report. He is the kind of guy that Championship teams need and my personal favorite WR on this team. Laron Byrd may put up better numbers next year and Benjamin will be flashier, but AJ is just a beast who will consistently get first downs and will help turn 4 yard runs into big 25+ yard runs because of his outstanding blocking.

He reminds me of a little bigger version of Hines Ward.
Hines Ward is a good comparison IMO.

Just needs to concentrate more and get a little more polish.

LaRon is the hi-upside guy who reminds me a ton of Dwayne Bowe.
Old 02-02-2009, 09:01 PM    (permalink
TACKLE
All-NFLDC

TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Aldarius Johnson = Anquan Boldin