Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > College Football

College Football Discuss College Football

Old 02-03-2009, 07:32 PM    (permalink
etk
All-NFLDC

etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeyJr09 View Post
I think he could stick at MLB.

Hes got the frame for it and he sticks his nose in the action very well.

I never saw the Arthur Brown or Sean Spence to MLB talk. They are typical Miami OLBs all the way.

Ray Ray looks better inside to me. He runs and hits well enough for it and his size is a better fit there.

Not to mention, we dont need him at OLB. Brown, Spence, Futch, Buchanan are all OLBs.
I know what you're getting at with Ray Ray. He's tall, has a big frame and has true sideline-to-sideline speed. That's only the good.

I see a guy who would struggle with blocks, or "the wash" as it's called playing in the middle. Teams could run at him and he's not the force on contact that he's made out to be. He's more of a wrap tackler, although improved technique could change that as he's built to be the ultimate hammer.

I would want him out in space where he can suck up a whole area of the field, using his speed, agility and quickness to evade blocks and bust up that side of the field. I think he's a natural replacement for McCarthy next year and could warrant PT immediately on passing situations.

Brown, Spence and Futch are all capable of playing MLB. We've had a # of OLBs move to MLB....in fact most of our recent MLBs started out at OLB. It's a natural progression as we want our experienced, reliable leader at that spot.

Also I hate to leave out Barrington because his tape is intriguing to say the least. He has a nice wide frame and could end up at MLB as he can strafe and move well laterally.

sig by BoneKrusher
etk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2009, 08:46 PM    (permalink
JoeyJr09
Veteran

JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

Quote:
Originally Posted by etk View Post
I know what you're getting at with Ray Ray. He's tall, has a big frame and has true sideline-to-sideline speed. That's only the good.

I see a guy who would struggle with blocks, or "the wash" as it's called playing in the middle. Teams could run at him and he's not the force on contact that he's made out to be. He's more of a wrap tackler, although improved technique could change that as he's built to be the ultimate hammer.

I would want him out in space where he can suck up a whole area of the field, using his speed, agility and quickness to evade blocks and bust up that side of the field. I think he's a natural replacement for McCarthy next year and could warrant PT immediately on passing situations.

Brown, Spence and Futch are all capable of playing MLB. We've had a # of OLBs move to MLB....in fact most of our recent MLBs started out at OLB. It's a natural progression as we want our experienced, reliable leader at that spot.

Also I hate to leave out Barrington because his tape is intriguing to say the least. He has a nice wide frame and could end up at MLB as he can strafe and move well laterally.
Ray Ray is still thin.

Let him bulk up and I think you'll see that "hammer" tune change a little. I think he's plenty good enough to play at MLB.

Forget the Barrington talk tho. Hes at USF.
JoeyJr09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2009, 09:02 PM    (permalink
djp
Team Leader
Icon

djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Josh Holmes is a stud and he's been getting rave reviews when healthy.

It's a big if to stay healthy though...
Old 02-03-2009, 09:05 PM    (permalink
djp
Team Leader
Icon

djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Also, I think Ray Ray's future is at OLB, not MLB.
Old 02-03-2009, 10:37 PM    (permalink
thebow305
2009 NFL Mock Draft Champ
All-Pro

thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Exactly, Beason and Gooden were the most recent, and did a very nice job of it. Brown and Spence could follow, with Futch's future probably lying at TE.

Dolphins Dream Draft: 1. C.J. Mosley 2. Kelvin Benjamin 3. Ja'Wuan James 4. Brandon Thomas 5. Xavier Grimble 6. Tyler Gaffney 7. Ross Cockrell
thebow305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2009, 12:02 AM    (permalink
TACKLE
All-NFLDC

TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ray Ray can lay the wood up the middle.
Old 02-04-2009, 08:37 AM    (permalink
etk
All-NFLDC

etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

My bad on Barrington....lol. Don't count your chickens before they hatch.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 02-04-2009, 12:19 PM    (permalink
thebow305
All-Pro

thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Some of those Canes posters are ridiculous. Saying things like "Shannon did a bad job, and he can't close!" Are they SERIOUS!? This was supposed to be a down year for Miami recuiting, and even though we didnt close strong today, we still have a Top 10 class this year in a DOWN year and after a 7-6 campaign. Shannon is amazing and I am very happy with our class, especially if Bryce sticks.

I love the Canes, what more can I say!? Unlike some of those jokers on there, I'm a Cane for life, no doubt about it!

Dolphins Dream Draft: 1. C.J. Mosley 2. Kelvin Benjamin 3. Ja'Wuan James 4. Brandon Thomas 5. Xavier Grimble 6. Tyler Gaffney 7. Ross Cockrell
Old 02-04-2009, 12:36 PM    (permalink
etk
All-NFLDC

We didn't close well, but it's not the end of the world and definitely not a reason to freak out. The reality is that if we lost out on those guys somewhere in the middle and closed with Ray Ray & Dye today they would be cheering and praising Shannon.

Just ignore those people. They're not real fans. They like uncertainty and feed off the negative.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 02-04-2009, 12:57 PM    (permalink
djp
Team Leader
Icon

Quote:
We didn't close well, but it's not the end of the world and definitely not a reason to freak out. The reality is that if we lost out on those guys somewhere in the middle and closed with Ray Ray & Dye today they would be cheering and praising Shannon.

Just ignore those people. They're not real fans. They like uncertainty and feed off the negative.
The Miami boards are unreadable today. Pretty dumb.
Old 02-04-2009, 01:01 PM    (permalink
Hollywood
Veteran

Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I hope this rumor about us getting Joe Tresey as our DC is true. Man what a home run hire that would be.
Hollywood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2009, 01:10 PM    (permalink
etk
All-NFLDC

I thought it's a foregone conclusion that Randy will be our DC.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 02-04-2009, 01:11 PM    (permalink
tolnaballa
Rookie

tolnaballa smells like sex panther.tolnaballa smells like sex panther.

Just read on Manny's blog on Miami Herald that Dedrick Epps will be back for the beginning of the season. Must not of been as severe as the made it out to be. If hes healthy hes going to be a beast in Whipples offense. Also didn't Billy Sanders re-commit to us? He will atleast provide some depths to the TE position.
tolnaballa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2009, 01:13 PM    (permalink
Hollywood
Veteran

Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I thought it's a foregone conclusion that Randy will be our DC.
Actually it's the opposite from what the 'insiders' are reporting. He is definitely hiring someone. Tresey would be home run hire part 2.
Old 02-04-2009, 01:15 PM    (permalink
etk
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollywood View Post
Actually it's the opposite from what the 'insiders' are reporting. He is definitely hiring someone. Tresey would be home run hire part 2.
I haven't been following the situation, but I figured since there wasn't much press or talk about it that Randy was just gonna take over. That's what I wanted anyway.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 02-04-2009, 01:17 PM    (permalink
thebow305
All-Pro

Can someone educate me on this Tresey guy? I don't know much about him, so why would this be a "home run" hire?

And also, is Martinez still being considered, and why is he not the favorite?

Last edited by thebow305 : 02-04-2009 at 01:20 PM.
Old 02-04-2009, 01:21 PM    (permalink
etk
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebow305 View Post
Can someone educate me on this Tresey guy? I don't know much about him, so why would this be a "home run" hire?

And also, is Martinez still being considered, and why is he not the favorite?
IDK why it's a home run hire. Every decent offense put up at least 20 points on his defense.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 02-04-2009, 02:04 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Hire Tubs!

fenikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2009, 02:46 PM    (permalink
thebow305
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by fenikz View Post
Hire Tubs!

YESSSS!!!! PLEASEE!!!!

Old 02-04-2009, 03:47 PM    (permalink
Hollywood
Veteran

Has anyone done the numbers yet and figured out how many it looks like we may sign next year? I kind of like the fact that we took only 20 players in what was such a weak year.

Now next year is the key, we absolutely have to finish with a top 3 class, and I fully expect us to have an LSU type class with our area loaded down with studs. Can't wait, this along with 2008 will be the classes that put us back to where we were. We cannot finish with anything other than EXCELLENT though.
Old 02-04-2009, 04:14 PM    (permalink
El Peefs?????
Pro Bowler

El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So where is Bryce going to actually sign after his month of attention whoring? One rivals analyst is convinced he will end up at Kansas State. Darrell Scott version 2009!
El Peefs????? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2009, 04:19 PM    (permalink
Hollywood
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Peefs View Post
So where is Bryce going to actually sign after his month of attention whoring? One rivals analyst is convinced he will end up at Kansas State. Darrell Scott version 2009!
I am already so sick of it. It is going to go on for a long, long time too. I still think he ends up at Miami but seriously, get it over with!
Old 02-04-2009, 07:01 PM    (permalink
JoeyJr09
Veteran

JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

2010 Class Prediction:
QB- Blake Bell, Wichita (KS) Bishop Carroll (WL250) 5* Candidate
RB- Brandon Gainer, Miami (FL) Miami Central (WL250)
RB- Jahkari Gore, Miami (FL) Columbus (WL250)
WR- Ted Meline, Miami (FL) Booker T. Washington (WL250)
WR- Ivan McCartney, Miramar (FL) Miramar (WL250)
WR- Quentin Dunbar, Miami (FL) Booker T. Washington
WR- Willis Wright, Miami Springs (FL) Miami Springs
TE- Gerald Christian, West Palm Beach (FL) Dwyer (WL250)
OL- Torrian Wilson, Miami (FL) Northwestern
OL- Brandon Linder, Ft. Lauderdale (FL) St. Thomas Aqunias
OL- Jose Jose, Miami (FL) Booker T. Washington
OL- Jacob Wheeler, Plantation (FL) American Heritage
OL-Tavadis Glenn, Jacksonville (FL) Terry Parker (WL250) 5* Candidate

DT- Louis Nix, Jacksonville (FL) Raines (WL250) 5* Candidate
DT- Todd Chandler, Miami (FL) Northwestern (WL250) 5* Candidate

DT- Calvin Smith, Hialeah (FL) Hialeah (WL250)
DE- Corey Lemonier, Hialeah (FL) Hialeah (WL250)
DE- Lyndon Trail, Miami (FL) Booker T. Washington (WL250)
LB- LeNerick Reddick, Miami (FL) Miami Central
CB- LaMarcus Joyner, Miami (FL) Southwest (WL250) 5* Candidate
CB- Khalil Marshall, Miami (FL) Northwestern
CB- Cody Riggs, Fort Lauderdale (FL) St. Thomas Aquinas
S- Demeterius Pettaway, Homestead (FL) Homestead
K- Jose Diaz, Miami (FL) Booker T. Washington
ATH- Jeffery Godfrey, Miami (FL) Miami Central (WL250)

Other 2010 Targets:
RB- Eduardo Clements, Miami (FL) Booker T. Washington (WL250)
RB- Giovanni Bernard, Ft. Lauderdale (FL) St. Thomas Aquinas (WL250)
RB- Corvin Lamb, Miami (FL) Northwestern (WL250)
WR- De’Joshua Johnson, Pahokee (FL) Pahokee (WL250)
WR- Ted Meline, Miami (FL) Booker T. Washington (WL250)
WR- Michaelee Harris, Miami (FL) Northwestern
WR- Tai-ler Jones, Gainesville (GA)Gainesville HS
OL- Robert Crisp, Chapel Hill (NC) Chapel Hill (WL250) 5* Candidate
OL- Chaz Green, Tampa (FL) Tampa Cathloic
DL- Ego Ferguson, Frederick (MD) St. John’s Prep (WL250) 5* Candidate
LB- Gideon Ajagbe, Coconut Grove (FL) Ransom Everglades (WL250)
LB- Christian Jones, Winter Park (FL) Lake Howell
LB- Khairi Fortt, Stamford (CT) Stamford (WL250)
CB- Dior Mathis, Detroit (MI) Cass Tech
CB- Joseph Randle, Wichita (KS) Wichita Southeast (WL250)
S- Alec Ogletree, Newnan (GA) Newnan (WL250) 5* Candidate
S- Demar Dorsey, Lauderdale Lakes (FL) Boyd Anderson

If that doesn't have the makings of the number 1 class in the country. Then I don't know what it will take to get it. Obviously it's very early and this will be way off. But just so you can get an idea of how things are somewhat stacking up so far and what the main targets seem to be.

BTW...don't freak out. I expect there to be at least 1 other LB and 1 other TE in this class. The boards for those positions are still taking shape still.
JoeyJr09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2009, 07:50 PM    (permalink
Hollywood
Veteran

Nice Joey, Nice. That is a very realistic class and I love how Florida centric it is. I think we can turn Dorsey too and I would love Ogletree to be the '10 version of Arthur Brown. I heard there is a lot of interest coming from him. Hell I hope we stay hard (and know this staff will) on Matt Elam.

You know, the more I think about it, the more I like our class...this was an extremely difficult class for them, just because of 1. How down South Florida was, 2. South Florida is not known for producing OL products and that was our biggest need and 3. we lost both our coordinators.

Randy did an outstanding job going into Gator Country and snagging a 5 star guy that should have been an absolute lock for UF. He has to deal with this Bryce Brown BS, and despite having a commitment from the #1 player in the country he was still able to get two highly rated and highly recruited guys who play the same position of the #1 guy and the most hyped recruit of the year.

As I mentioned earlier he kept the class small which I love and these are the type of guys you build depth, lines and everything else to go with the two star studded classes of 2008 and 2010.
Old 02-04-2009, 07:52 PM    (permalink
djp
Team Leader
Icon

Awesome job as always Joey. That class looks like possibly the greatest in UM history.

Gainer is the best back in Dade I think. I hope we pick the right RB's to take.

I think it's

Gore - MIami
Gainer - Miami
Clements - FSU
Lamb - UF
Bernard - ???