Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > College Football

College Football Discuss College Football

Old 03-01-2009, 01:55 AM    (permalink
Hurricanes25
All-Pro

Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebow305 View Post
Agreed, I would still love to have him in Miami next year. But I would also love to give his advisor a swift kick in the nuts.
Im with you

Sig by BoneKrusher
Hurricanes25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2009, 10:34 AM    (permalink
JoeyJr09
Veteran

JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollywood View Post
Am I alone as a Cane fan who thinks we have the absolute worst fans in all of college football?? All I have to do is read the rivals board for 5 minutes and I get angry. All the way up the leader of the board, Ferman..it is terrible. They are all rejects save maybe 3 or 4 intelligent Joey like posters and the 1 or 2 who might actually have inside info on a certain prospect.

I can't wait until my subscription runs out. Sorry, just had to vent but it gets very disconcerting sometimes.
I only really listen to Ozzie, I PHI, BMW and 1 or 2 others.

The rest are a joke. Ferman bans anyone that is legit. Shodell isn't bad tho.

Other then that, the site has turned into a clown car.
JoeyJr09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2009, 12:49 PM    (permalink
etk
All-NFLDC

etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Who are your 5 favorite prospects from this class?
Mine are (in no order)...

Mike James - Prototypical power back. Hard worker. Already making his mark in the spring.

Curtis Porter - He's flying under the radar now, but I find his tape very impressive. He's gonna make life easier for the rest of our front 7. He's very powerful and has some mobility playing OG.

Dyron Dye - He'll be our best pass rusher by the time he graduates. Great size, explosive at the snap and makes plays. He reminds me of Gaines Adams. I think he'll be the most productive of the Seminole trio, but all 3 are outstanding.

Jamal Reid - Stud athlete. Unlimited potential.

Shayon Green - Looks really natural and fluid at MLB. I hope he stays there because he's exactly the kind of mobile thumper we need. Should be a great STer.

I'm biased toward the defense :)

You said "McCartey and we're set" in the recruiting thread Hollywood....what about Michaelee/Michael Lee Harris?

sig by BoneKrusher
etk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2009, 01:11 PM    (permalink
draftguru151
:/
Legend

draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yea I think we bring in 3 WRs, Harris and McCartney being the others. Maybe Jones if we can get him.

As for last class, in no real order, Jamal Reid, Ray Ray, Vernon, Miller, and I guess Bunche. Really like Bunche for some reason.

<Gaius_Baltar> That is correct comahan
<vidae> I ******* LOVE YOU DG
<njx9> <3 dg
draftguru151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2009, 01:37 PM    (permalink
Hollywood
Veteran

Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

My top five -

1. Mike James: I think me and you are in agreement on this guy, etk from the start we drive this bandwagon. He is the prototypical RB who will be a star at UM IMO.

2. Ray Ray Armstrong: An amazing athlete, one of the best athletes I can remember us signing in recent history since probably you know who (don't want to even say the name as it has been said too much and he is too special to compare a guy to this early). I think though he doesn't play safety, I see him taking a Javon Kearse type path in college. Either way though he is a baller and will be a big time impact player at the college level.

3. Brandon McGee: We need corners and this guy has the 'look' of an elite corner. Love the long arms, excellent length and speed. Doesn't hurt either that he played QB in HS. I think he will help the secondary right away his freshman year. Has the size, speed and work ethic to do it.

4. Brandon Washington: We need the help on the line and he is the guy most ready to make an instant impact. Would not surprise me at all to see him start from game 1.

5. Jamal Reid: A play maker, I think he is being severely underrated and overlooked. The coaching staff can't stop raving about him either, I think that says something.

5b. Stephen Plein: I love the size and tenacity and the more I watch of him the more I like his future at LT. I just hope we don't screw it up and play him in limited time at TE this coming year. Give him a RS year, add the weight, play him as a blocking TE and continue to add weight him his RS freshman year then by his RS Sophomore year I think he is a 295 6'6" extremely mobile pass blocking LT who will anchor our line. LT IMO is the second most valuable position and I think this is the guy most likely to fill that role.
Hollywood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2009, 01:41 PM    (permalink
Hollywood
Veteran

Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by etk View Post

You said "McCartey and we're set" in the recruiting thread Hollywood....what about Michaelee/Michael Lee Harris?
I don't get it yet with Michael Lee Harris, I just don't see it? If you are going to offer a prospect from a feeder school like MNW this early I want him to standout and be the best player on his team, or at least a major impact player but he really wasn't as a junior last year.

Wayne Times (who went to FIU) and Bridgewater were the impact guys on offense and the ones who stood out. Maybe he blows up his senior year or he has amazing measurable, but I don't understand the hype surrounding him yet. I say take McCartney and call it a day except maybe try for a couple long shots like Dunkley or DeJoshua from Pahokee. I'd rather them use the scholly on an extra TE.
Old 03-01-2009, 06:30 PM    (permalink
etk
All-NFLDC

etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I know what you mean. All the hype is there because he's impressive in combines and practices. Everyone's expecting him to have a big year because of that. Recruiting hype works like that.

I'd love it if Plein became the next Winston/Fox. He has the best OT potential of anyone in our class IMO. Then again Jermaine Johnson REALLY looks the part and has a high ceiling.

sig by BoneKrusher
etk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2009, 10:18 AM    (permalink
thebow305
2009 NFL Mock Draft Champ
All-Pro

thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

My Top 5:

1. Bryce Brown (If he stays): I know ths is an obvious one, but if he does stay with us, he will no doubt be a game changer from Day 1. Just a notch below Adrian Peterson when it comes to RB prospects, he could take over the Reigns from Baby J and G-Coop as early as midseason. If he signs elsewhere, I'd have to change this to the "Truth".

2. Ray Ray Amrstrong: I'm not sure which position he will play, but whichever he does, I think he will make an instant impact. My guess it is at safety, at least for his Freshman season. We have a deficiency at that position and this guy has the athleticism to be great there. He could end up being the best out of this class, even better than Bryce. I think he's going to be VERY VERY special.

3. Brandon McGee: This guy has all the tools to be the next great CB at Miami and will step in from Day 1 at Nickel. My guess is that he takes over starting duties by midseason, like Bryce, and form a very formidable tandem with Brandon Harris for the next couple years at least.

4. Jermaine Johnson/Brandon Washington: I put both of these players here because I'm not sure who, but I like one of these to start the season for us. And whichever does, I can see having a very successful freshman campaign. I'd probably go with Washington starting at guard next year because he seems the most ready to do so. It also depends on what they decide to do with Franklin. If Franklin moves to tackle, it's Washington. If Franklin goes back to guard, it will be Johnson IMO.

5. Olivier Vernon: With Allen Bailey moving to DT, there will be an opening at DE opposite Eric Moncur this season. Marcus Robinson will probably start, but incoming guys like Vernon and Dyron Dye figure to step in and at least be in heavy rotation throughout the season.

Dolphins Dream Draft: 1. C.J. Mosley 2. Kelvin Benjamin 3. Ja'Wuan James 4. Brandon Thomas 5. Xavier Grimble 6. Tyler Gaffney 7. Ross Cockrell

Last edited by thebow305 : 03-05-2009 at 11:22 AM.
thebow305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2009, 01:33 PM    (permalink
Hollywood
Veteran

Anybody else going to make it out to the scrimmage on Thursday at Traz Powell?
Old 03-07-2009, 01:44 PM    (permalink
Hollywood
Veteran

Great article on the guy that should be the #1 recruit in the country next year, Teddy Bridgewater -

http://www.miamiherald.com/sports/hi...ry/936952.html
Old 03-09-2009, 08:35 PM    (permalink
TACKLE
All-NFLDC

TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

When is Bryce going to make a decision? I thought he would have made it by now.
Old 03-09-2009, 08:36 PM    (permalink
JoeyJr09
Veteran

JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

Just updating my class prediction as of right now. Obviously this is very fluid. The ranking are just an educated guess by me and aren't based on any specific site.

QB- Jeffery Godfrey, Miami (FL) Central (4*)
RB- Jahkari Gore, Miami (FL) Columbus (4* Rivals100)
RB- Eduardo Clements, Miami (FL) Booker T Washington (4* Rivals100)
WR- Ivan McCartney, Miramar (FL) Miramar (4* Rivals 250)
WR- Michael Lee Harris, Miami (FL) Northwestern (3*)
WR- Quinton Dunbar, Miami (FL) Booker T Washington (4*)
TE- Zach Allen, Pahokee (FL) Pahokee (3*)
TE- Lynden Trail, Miami (FL) Booker T Washington (4* Rivals250)
TE- Charles Fashaw, Miami (FL) Northwestern (3*)
OL- Shane McDermott, Wellington (FL) Palm Beach Central (3*)
OL- Brandon Linder, Ft Lauderdale (FL) St Thomas Aquinas (4* Rivals100)
OL- Torrian Wilson, Miami (FL) Northwestern (4* Rivals 250)
OL- Jose Jose, Miami (FL) Booker T Washington (3*)
OL- Tavadis Glenn, Jacksonville (FL) Terry Parker (5* Rivals100)

DT- Todd Chandler, Miami (FL) Northwestern (4* Rivals100)
DT- Louis Nix, Jacksonville (FL) Raines HS (5* Rivals100)

DE-Corey Lemonier, Hialeah (FL) Hialeah (4*)
LB- Alec Olgetree, Newnan (GA) Newnan (5* Rivals100)
LB- Jeff Luc, Port Saint Lucie (FL) Treasure Coast (4*)
LB- Tyrone Cornelius, Stone Mountain (GA) Stephenson (3*)
CB- Cody Riggs, Ft Lauderdale (FL) St Thomas Aquinas (4*)
CB- Khalil Marshall, Miami (FL) Northwestern (3*)
CB- Dior Mathis, Detroit (MI) Cass Tech (4* Rivals250)
S- Brian Robinson, Ft Lauderdale (FL) St Thomas Aquinas (3*)
K- Oscar Diaz, Miami (FL) Booker T Washington (3*)

For those counting that would shape up in the area of 3 5* kids, 13 4* kids, and 9 3* kids. That would be a top 3 class in all likelyhood.

Here are the other top targets from what I can gather:
QB- Blake Bell, Wichita (KS) Bishop Carroll (4* Rivals100)
RB- Giovanni Bernard, Ft Lauderdale (FL) St Thomas Aquinas (4* Rivals250)
WR- De’Joshua Johnson, Pahokee (FL) Pahokee (4* Rivals100)
WR- Tai-ler Jones, Gainesville (GA) Gainesville (5* Rivals100)
TE-Kevin Haplea, Annandale (NJ) North Hunterdon Reg (3*)
TE- Gerald Christian, West Palm Beach (FL) Dwyer (4* Rivals100)
OL- Robert Crisp, Chapel Hill (NC) Chapel Hill (4* Rivals100)
OL- Jonathan Ragoo, Opa Locka (FL) Monsignor Pace (3*)
DE- Ego Ferguson, Frederick (MD) St John’s Catholic Prep (5* Rivals100)
LB- Christian Jones, Winter Park (FL) Lake Howell (4*)
LB- Rashad Gaitor, Miami (FL) Northwestern (3*)
LB- Brandon Smith, Columbus (GA) Carver (3*)
CB- LeMarcus Joyner, Ft Lauderdale (FL) St Thomas Aquinas (5* Rivals100)
CB- Terrence Brooks, Dunnellon (FL) Dunnellon (3*)
CB- Joseph Randle, Wichita (KS) Wichita Southeast (4* Rivals250)
S- Demar Dorsey, Lauderdale Lakes (FL) Boyd Anderson (4* Rivals250)
K- Mike Palardy, Ft Lauderdale (FL) St Thomas Aquinas (2*)

I'll post some of these throughout the year just to keep the discussion going.

Very Florida heavy if you guys didn't notice.
Old 03-09-2009, 08:37 PM    (permalink
JoeyJr09
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TACKLE View Post
When is Bryce going to make a decision? I thought he would have made it by now.
Next Monday.

He aint coming.
Old 03-09-2009, 08:39 PM    (permalink
Hollywood
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeyJr09 View Post
Next Monday.

He aint coming.
Did he he ever come visit Miami?
Old 03-09-2009, 08:39 PM    (permalink
Hurricanes25
All-Pro

Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

^^^ Looks like a great class and I hope we can bring in Demar Dorsey. Its always nice to have a Dorsey on the team.

Sig by BoneKrusher
Hurricanes25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2009, 08:41 PM    (permalink
JoeyJr09
Veteran

Quote:
Did he he ever come visit Miami?
Coaches stopped talking to him. Randy hasn't even allowed him to set up the visit.

We'll see if something drastic happens this week but I doubt it.

Randy was serious about pulling the offer. Unless he has a last minute change of heart, Bryce won't be here even if he wants to.
Old 03-09-2009, 08:50 PM    (permalink
TACKLE
All-NFLDC

TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Coaches stopped talking to him. Randy hasn't even allowed him to set up the visit.

Randy was serious about pulling the offer. Unless he has a last minute change of heart, Bryce won't be here even if he wants to.
It's too bad he got such poor advise. He had LT-type potential. But I'm still really excited about seeing what Mike James can do.
Old 03-09-2009, 08:50 PM    (permalink
Hollywood
Veteran

Quote:
Just updating my class prediction as of right now. Obviously this is very fluid. The ranking are just an educated guess by me and aren't based on any specific site.

QB- Jeffery Godfrey, Miami (FL) Central (4*)
RB- Jahkari Gore, Miami (FL) Columbus (4* Rivals100)
RB- Eduardo Clements, Miami (FL) Booker T Washington (4* Rivals100)
WR- Ivan McCartney, Miramar (FL) Miramar (4* Rivals 250)
WR- Michael Lee Harris, Miami (FL) Northwestern (3*)
WR- Quinton Dunbar, Miami (FL) Booker T Washington (4*)
TE- Zach Allen, Pahokee (FL) Pahokee (3*)
TE- Lynden Trail, Miami (FL) Booker T Washington (4* Rivals250)
TE- Charles Fashaw, Miami (FL) Northwestern (3*)
OL- Shane McDermott, Wellington (FL) Palm Beach Central (3*)
OL- Brandon Linder, Ft Lauderdale (FL) St Thomas Aquinas (4* Rivals100)
OL- Torrian Wilson, Miami (FL) Northwestern (4* Rivals 250)
OL- Jose Jose, Miami (FL) Booker T Washington (3*)
OL- Tavadis Glenn, Jacksonville (FL) Terry Parker (5* Rivals100)

DT- Todd Chandler, Miami (FL) Northwestern (4* Rivals100)
DT- Louis Nix, Jacksonville (FL) Raines HS (5* Rivals100)

DE-Corey Lemonier, Hialeah (FL) Hialeah (4*)
LB- Alec Olgetree, Newnan (GA) Newnan (5* Rivals100)
LB- Jeff Luc, Port Saint Lucie (FL) Treasure Coast (4*)
LB- Tyrone Cornelius, Stone Mountain (GA) Stephenson (3*)
CB- Cody Riggs, Ft Lauderdale (FL) St Thomas Aquinas (4*)
CB- Khalil Marshall, Miami (FL) Northwestern (3*)
CB- Dior Mathis, Detroit (MI) Cass Tech (4* Rivals250)
S- Brian Robinson, Ft Lauderdale (FL) St Thomas Aquinas (3*)
K- Oscar Diaz, Miami (FL) Booker T Washington (3*)

For those counting that would shape up in the area of 3 5* kids, 13 4* kids, and 9 3* kids. That would be a top 3 class in all likelyhood.

Here are the other top targets from what I can gather:
QB- Blake Bell, Wichita (KS) Bishop Carroll (4* Rivals100)
RB- Giovanni Bernard, Ft Lauderdale (FL) St Thomas Aquinas (4* Rivals250)
WR- De’Joshua Johnson, Pahokee (FL) Pahokee (4* Rivals100)
WR- Tai-ler Jones, Gainesville (GA) Gainesville (5* Rivals100)
TE-Kevin Haplea, Annandale (NJ) North Hunterdon Reg (3*)
TE- Gerald Christian, West Palm Beach (FL) Dwyer (4* Rivals100)
OL- Robert Crisp, Chapel Hill (NC) Chapel Hill (4* Rivals100)
OL- Jonathan Ragoo, Opa Locka (FL) Monsignor Pace (3*)
DE- Ego Ferguson, Frederick (MD) St John’s Catholic Prep (5* Rivals100)
LB- Christian Jones, Winter Park (FL) Lake Howell (4*)
LB- Rashad Gaitor, Miami (FL) Northwestern (3*)
LB- Brandon Smith, Columbus (GA) Carver (3*)
CB- LeMarcus Joyner, Ft Lauderdale (FL) St Thomas Aquinas (5* Rivals100)
CB- Terrence Brooks, Dunnellon (FL) Dunnellon (3*)
CB- Joseph Randle, Wichita (KS) Wichita Southeast (4* Rivals250)
S- Demar Dorsey, Lauderdale Lakes (FL) Boyd Anderson (4* Rivals250)
K- Mike Palardy, Ft Lauderdale (FL) St Thomas Aquinas (2*)

I'll post some of these throughout the year just to keep the discussion going.

Very Florida heavy if you guys didn't notice.

That is a class that put's us over the top. Would be an amazing pull. Couple things though:

1. We need to find some more TE targets with it looking like Christian is a UF lean right now, I don't like our TE board. Too many projects when we have immediate playing time available.

2. Don't want Jose Jose, think this could go the way of Lowery last year. Also, did we not tell him we were recruiting him as a center? Part of me hopes with the commitment of Mcdermott we take him off our board and concentrate on Wilson (lock), Linder and Glenn to round out what would be an outstanding OL class.

3. I'd rather us take Palardy instead of Diaz at kicker and I have heard he is higher on our board too. Any idea how he feels about UM or other schools?

4. What's the deal with Tyrone Cornelius? Don't know much about him

5. I really only want 2 WR's this year, I'm not that high on Harris, hope he goes the way of Tevin McKaskill last year where everybody had him pegged as a 4 star safety and lock to our class when the production or raw athletic jaw dropping numbers were never really present. The reason I want only two is because A. my favorite prep WR in the country is a JR this year: Kelvin Benjamin from Belle Glades (could play TE too) and B. McCartney, Dunbar and Harris all seem too similar to take in one class together.
Old 03-09-2009, 08:54 PM    (permalink
Hollywood
Veteran

Quote:

That is a ballsy ******* move by Shannon, I am really on the fence on how I feel about it. If I am a betting money I still bet on Bryce being a Cane though.
Old 03-09-2009, 10:29 PM    (permalink
JoeyJr09
Veteran

Quote:
That is a class that put's us over the top. Would be an amazing pull. Couple things though:

1. We need to find some more TE targets with it looking like Christian is a UF lean right now, I don't like our TE board. Too many projects when we have immediate playing time available.
I like the TE board. Charles Fashaw has to ton of potential but will need work. He the long term project. Lynden Trail is the threat in the passing game that could see some field right away in certain packages. Zach Allen is the solid all around guy that should turn into a Dedrick Epps type player with time. I think the TE recruiting is very nice. Obviously Christian would be the prize tho.

Quote:
2. Don't want Jose Jose, think this could go the way of Lowery last year. Also, did we not tell him we were recruiting him as a center? Part of me hopes with the commitment of Mcdermott we take him off our board and concentrate on Wilson (lock), Linder and Glenn to round out what would be an outstanding OL class.
I want Jose Jose. And I think the staffs wants Jose Jose. unlike Lowery (who got attention just because he begged coaches for it) Jose has alot of physical talent. He has offers from all the big boys. Check his offer list, It's out of this world. You don't turn those kids down. He is playin C in HS this year but he would likely be a OG at Miami.

Quote:
3. I'd rather us take Palardy instead of Diaz at kicker and I have heard he is higher on our board too. Any idea how he feels about UM or other schools?
Diaz has the better leg, Palardy is more accurate. I have heard Palardy is higher on the board as well but I have also heard he isn't particularly interested while Diaz would kill for an offer.

Quote:
4. What's the deal with Tyrone Cornelius? Don't know much about him
We are in his top 7 with Georgia Tech, Florida, Alabama, South Carolina, Miami, Georgia and Auburn. GT is the leader but we are running 2nd. If we can convince him to leave home, we have a real good shot. He's a great coverage guy and seems to have a similar skill set to Spence. He has already visiting GT once but he is coming down to check out our spring game.

Quote:
5. I really only want 2 WR's this year, I'm not that high on Harris, hope he goes the way of Tevin McKaskill last year where everybody had him pegged as a 4 star safety and lock to our class when the production or raw athletic jaw dropping numbers were never really present. The reason I want only two is because A. my favorite prep WR in the country is a JR this year: Kelvin Benjamin from Belle Glades (could play TE too) and B. McCartney, Dunbar and Harris all seem too similar to take in one class together.
I'm thinking we are taking 3 as a way to make up for missing out on 1 last year. Harris and Dunbar are similar. McCartney I don't think so. He's way more physical and better after the catch were as Harris and Dunbar are more vertical guys. Harris isn't going the way of McCaskill. McCaskill never got a Miami offer. Harris's 1st offer was from Miami. We are all over Harris. He could possibly be a number loss because he isn't picking until NSD but we'd have to come up with a surprise like DJD in order for that to happen.

BTW.....More important then any of this is for us to land one of Tai-Ler Jones or Joyner for our CB class. Riggs is a tough pull and Marshall is not a guy you want headlining a class. An ideal CB class would be 1 of Jones or Joyner, plus 1 of Riggs, Mathis, or Randle and then 1 of Marshall, Brooks or McGee.
Old 03-09-2009, 10:34 PM    (permalink
draftguru151
:/
Legend

draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm hoping Epps can blow up this year with a real coordinator actually using him and that will help us pull a top guy like Christian or someone else.

<Gaius_Baltar> That is correct comahan
<vidae> I ******* LOVE YOU DG
<njx9> <3 dg
draftguru151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2009, 10:39 PM    (permalink
BRAVEHEART
Pro Bowler

BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Can any of you guys fill me in with palm beach prospect Latarian Milton? He's a rare talent at DT, and his short stature helps him get great leverage. Heard alot of the local schools are afraid to recruit him because of his "character issues" and off field problems.

what do you guys think?
Old 03-09-2009, 11:24 PM    (permalink
Hollywood
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by BRAVEHEART View Post
Can any of you guys fill me in with palm beach prospect Latarian Milton? He's a rare talent at DT, and his short stature helps him get great leverage. Heard alot of the local schools are afraid to recruit him because of his "character issues" and off field problems.

what do you guys think?
It's actually a backwards situation where he wants to stay close to home but his grandma wants him to leave the state. I have heard rumors thru the grapevine though that LSU leads because they are offering him a new SUV. Shameful ******* school how they get away with this all the time.

Also watch out for Buffalo, they are the darkhorse here.
Old 03-10-2009, 12:48 AM    (permalink
BRAVEHEART
Pro Bowler

BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
It's actually a backwards situation where he wants to stay close to home but his grandma wants him to leave the state. I have heard rumors thru the grapevine though that LSU leads because they are offering him a new SUV. Shameful ******* school how they get away with this all the time.

Also watch out for Buffalo, they are the darkhorse here.

I highly doubt that, from what I've heard Latarian likes to do hoodrat stuff with his friends. I can't see a realistic situation where he'd be able to continue this....but the one thing keeping Buffalo in the picture is the delecious wings in the area. In one of the more recent videos Latarian commented on how chicken wings will play a major factor in his recruitment.

I've heard that Urban has already offered wings and told latarian that he would'nt have to lose any weight. Personally it sounds like bull, but that's CUM for you.
Old 03-10-2009, 02:13 AM    (permalink
yourfavestoner
#1 Vickscuser
All-NFLDC

yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I only really listen to Ozzie, I PHI, BMW and 1 or 2 others.

The rest are a joke. Ferman bans anyone that is legit. Shodell isn't bad tho.

Other then that, the site has turned into a clown car.
Yeah, Rivals and Scout messageboards have the most worthless posters on the face of the earth. It's not just the U fans on there.
yourfavestoner is offline   Reply With Quote