Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > College Football

College Football Discuss College Football

Old 03-11-2009, 03:30 PM    (permalink
JoeyJr09
Veteran

JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

Quote:
Originally Posted by djp View Post
Too little production and too bad in the 2nd halves of games where he did produce. He just cannot take the beating right now. Supposedly he's gained another 10 pounds and is up to 200lbs flat, which is funny considering everyone was claiming he was 2 bills last year.
Not to mention Coop has never ran better then a mid 4.4 at Miami.

Why would we think hes suddenly gonna go to the combine a break off a 4.3?

But Im pretty sure he said last year he was up to 200 and this year hes looking to get to 207.

Side note, Cody Riggs named FSU and ND his leaders.

CB recruiting is scaring me. We need 3 of Joyner, Marshall, Brooks, Randle, Riggs, Jones or Mathis. Not seeing it. Only Miami lea is Marshall who doesnt have an offer and who I wouldnt want as more then our 3rd CB in this class.
JoeyJr09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2009, 05:29 PM    (permalink
thebow305
2009 NFL Mock Draft Champ
All-Pro

thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by djp View Post
Too little production and too bad in the 2nd halves of games where he did produce. He just cannot take the beating right now. Supposedly he's gained another 10 pounds and is up to 200lbs flat, which is funny considering everyone was claiming he was 2 bills last year.
Coop was 2 bills last season. Like Joey said, he is looking to play this season between 205-210.

Dolphins Dream Draft: 1. C.J. Mosley 2. Kelvin Benjamin 3. Ja'Wuan James 4. Brandon Thomas 5. Xavier Grimble 6. Tyler Gaffney 7. Ross Cockrell
thebow305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2009, 02:18 PM    (permalink
Hollywood
Veteran

Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeyJr09 View Post

CB recruiting is scaring me. We need 3 of Joyner, Marshall, Brooks, Randle, Riggs, Jones or Mathis. Not seeing it. Only Miami lea is Marshall who doesnt have an offer and who I wouldnt want as more then our 3rd CB in this class.

I've been worried about CB recruiting the last 2 seasons, though not as much this season. I think with how ridiculously deep South Florida and other parts of the country are this year some names are going to pop up on the radar on corner that we were not expecting but will look like absolute stud play makers.

Look at a guy like Nickell Robey as an example, yes he is small and we may not recruit him, but any other year he would be a top corner in the nation instead of the B level guy he is for the state schools right now. We will get ours...
Hollywood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2009, 02:26 PM    (permalink
Hollywood
Veteran

Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Also just to bring back a topic we were talking about earlier, I heard recently that we have definitely not offered Jose Jose. I'm pretty happy about this as I think he may be overrated due to his size.

Anyone going to the scrimmage at Traz tonight btw? I was going to go but came down w/ a nasty fever 2 nights ago. Feeling better now and may possibly still go but I doubt it, nowhere near 100% yet...
Old 03-12-2009, 04:55 PM    (permalink
JoeyJr09
Veteran

JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollywood View Post
Also just to bring back a topic we were talking about earlier, I heard recently that we have definitely not offered Jose Jose. I'm pretty happy about this as I think he may be overrated due to his size.

Anyone going to the scrimmage at Traz tonight btw? I was going to go but came down w/ a nasty fever 2 nights ago. Feeling better now and may possibly still go but I doubt it, nowhere near 100% yet...
Was thinking about it. But got alot of friends in town for Spring Break from FSU and UF so I'm going to the grove with them. Might run into some of the players there with recruits after the scrimmage.

I think Jose's spot is slowly getting taken by Ragoo. But I'm not too happy about that.

The 5 OL I want most are Linder, Wilson, Washington, Glenn and Jose. Obviously we already got McDermott tho so one spot gets taken and I'd rather it be Jose then the others. I'm definately expecting Linder, Wilson and Glenn tho. Surprisingly crunched for numbers at OL this year. Who knew we'd be turning people down.
Old 03-12-2009, 04:59 PM    (permalink
Hollywood
Veteran

Quote:
Was thinking about it. But got alot of friends in town for Spring Break from FSU and UF so I'm going to the grove with them. Might run into some of the players there with recruits after the scrimmage.

I think Jose's spot is slowly getting taken by Ragoo. But I'm not too happy about that.

The 5 OL I want most are Linder, Wilson, Washington, Glenn and Jose. Obviously we already got McDermott tho so one spot gets taken and I'd rather it be Jose then the others. I'm definately expecting Linder, Wilson and Glenn tho. Surprisingly crunched for numbers at OL this year. Who knew we'd be turning people down.
That was the first mention I heard of Washington in the recruiting thread by you, does he have high interest in UM?
Old 03-12-2009, 05:34 PM    (permalink
JoeyJr09
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollywood View Post
That was the first mention I heard of Washington in the recruiting thread by you, does he have high interest in UM?
I know we are on him but I haven't seen him talk about anyone but UT.

No way to really tell.
Old 03-13-2009, 04:24 AM    (permalink
JoeyJr09
Veteran

Just got back from the Grove.

Saw Cookie Buchanan, CJ Holton, Gavin Hardin and Olivier Vernon there. After they finished the spring game obviously.

Convinced my buddys gf into hitting on them and she got some pics. Ill post them when I can.

Hardin is huge. Really tall, athletic and muscular. Most impressive looking of all the players.

Vernon is shorter but very thickly build. Extremely advanced body for his age.

Cookie was the shortest but was much thicker then I thought. Def a LB type. Much bigger then Spence is.

Holton is about as tall as Vernon but much thinner then the rest of the guys. His weight is all in his hips and thighs. His upper body needs alot of work. He was also the dirtiest looking guy. Didnt look well kept at all. Needs the most development but has the shoulders to bulk up and play LB. Could potentially be bigger the Cookie.

FWIW, Vernon was the biggest player there. He was playing a bunch of chicks and had one girl ready to **** him on the dance floor.

Just thought Id share.
Old 03-13-2009, 10:14 AM    (permalink
fresssh
Rookie

fresssh is a cocksman.fresssh is a cocksman.fresssh is a cocksman.

Tyrone Cornileus named Miami his leader. Didnt know he ran a 4.41, sounds like a lot of upside their.
fresssh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2009, 10:26 AM    (permalink
JoeyJr09
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by fresssh View Post
Tyrone Cornileus named Miami his leader. Didnt know he ran a 4.41, sounds like a lot of upside their.
I thought we were running 2nd behind GT. Nice to know tho. Really like him as a 3rd LB behind Ogletree and Luc.

btw...Luc was back for yet another visit to see the scrimmage yesterday. I think he's all ours. Hes visited us unofficially 3 times and he hasnt been anywhere else yet.

Not to mention, Port Saint Lucie is a solid drive from Coral Gables to have made it 3 times already.
Old 03-13-2009, 10:29 AM    (permalink
thebow305
2009 NFL Mock Draft Champ
All-Pro

thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Just got back from the Grove.

Saw Cookie Buchanan, CJ Holton, Gavin Hardin and Olivier Vernon there. After they finished the spring game obviously.

Convinced my buddys gf into hitting on them and she got some pics. Ill post them when I can.

Hardin is huge. Really tall, athletic and muscular. Most impressive looking of all the players.

Vernon is shorter but very thickly build. Extremely advanced body for his age.

Cookie was the shortest but was much thicker then I thought. Def a LB type. Much bigger then Spence is.

Holton is about as tall as Vernon but much thinner then the rest of the guys. His weight is all in his hips and thighs. His upper body needs alot of work. He was also the dirtiest looking guy. Didnt look well kept at all. Needs the most development but has the shoulders to bulk up and play LB. Could potentially be bigger the Cookie.

FWIW, Vernon was the biggest player there. He was playing a bunch of chicks and had one girl ready to **** him on the dance floor.

Just thought Id share.
Haha, thanks for the update on the Cane boys.

Maybe Thearon should give up his "Pimp" nickname to Olivier huh?

Dolphins Dream Draft: 1. C.J. Mosley 2. Kelvin Benjamin 3. Ja'Wuan James 4. Brandon Thomas 5. Xavier Grimble 6. Tyler Gaffney 7. Ross Cockrell
thebow305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2009, 10:34 AM    (permalink
fresssh
Rookie

Quote:
I thought we were running 2nd behind GT. Nice to know tho. Really like him as a 3rd LB behind Ogletree and Luc.

btw...Luc was back for yet another visit to see the scrimmage yesterday. I think he's all ours. Hes visited us unofficially 3 times and he hasnt been anywhere else yet.

Not to mention, Port Saint Lucie is a solid drive from Coral Gables to have made it 3 times already.
Yea i saw that. Dejoshua Johnson n Allen were their too. Like u im worried about our Cb's next year. Wut do u think about Peniel Jean?
Old 03-13-2009, 05:55 PM    (permalink
JoeyJr09
Veteran

Quote:
Yea i saw that. Dejoshua Johnson n Allen were their too. Like u im worried about our Cb's next year. Wut do u think about Peniel Jean?
Not a huge fan of his. He's like a poor man's George Baker IMO.
Old 03-14-2009, 01:28 AM    (permalink
TACKLE
All-NFLDC

TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

What kind of an impact do you think Bailey will have at DT?

I think if he can use his hands better to get off, he could be a dominant penetrator at DT. With his explosion and raw athletic abilities he could be a force. He has an effective bull rush and with the pass rush ability of our DE's he won't see many double teams.

Joey, how has he looked so far?
Old 03-14-2009, 10:03 AM    (permalink
fresssh
Rookie

I keep forgetting about Jaylen Watkins. He has Florida as his leader but hasnt been to Miami yet. I think he cud be a top CB to come out of this class. Miami was in his top 5 before they even offered. And Tailer Jones is paying his own way to come down for the Spring Break game. He said we are recruiting him as an athlete. I really hope we can pull 4 CB's this year. CB's, LB's, and these highly rated O line men are my main concern.
Old 03-15-2009, 03:08 PM    (permalink
TACKLE
All-NFLDC

TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Mike James is ripping it up.

Quote:
M. JAMES IMPRESSES

Mike James was dominant Saturday, catching passes out of the backfield and running for several big plays. He played some at fullback, and said he had two mental errors lining up. Coach Randy Shannon still was impressed.

''He don't look like a freshman,'' he said. ``He's catching the ball good and running the ball good and it's only going to make Javarris [James] and Cooper a lot better.''

Phillips said of Mike James: ``He's like a physical, bigger version of Emmitt Smith. He runs really tough. Him and Damien Berry came in and did a good job getting upfield and breaking tackles.''

James described his play as ''fair,'' and said he didn't care if he started. ''Wherever I land on the depth chart, I just want to make a difference,'' he said.
Old 03-15-2009, 03:23 PM    (permalink
etk
All-NFLDC

etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

As long as he doesn't have issues with ball security, he'll make it tough for our coaches to keep him on the sideline.

And he's such a class act and hard worker that he'll keep improving while he's here. I fully expect him to carry the load for us somewhere down the road....breaking the usual Miami trend of 2-4 RBs splitting time.

Kinda surprised at the lack of discussion over Lee Chambers this spring. Is he hurt?

I don't want to seem like a typical "grass is always greener" fan....but M. James and Chambers are an upgrade over JJ and Coop IMO. That is unless Coop starts running with authority.

sig by BoneKrusher
etk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2009, 03:27 PM    (permalink
BRAVEHEART
Pro Bowler

BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Is James the big back that joey didn't like?
Old 03-15-2009, 03:30 PM    (permalink
etk
All-NFLDC

etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BRAVEHEART View Post
nonono....

Joey likes James, just not as much as he likes Bryce and Lamar Miller. Joey likes the explosive backs that hit the hole fast and slash and cut....blablabla.

James gets lost in the shuffle, but that doesn't mean people don't like him (except for that ******** analyst on insidetheu.com).

But yeah you have the right idea about who we're talking about.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 03-15-2009, 03:39 PM    (permalink
Hollywood
Veteran

<--- not surprised
Old 03-15-2009, 03:52 PM    (permalink
JoeyJr09
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by BRAVEHEART View Post
I like him. I just don't think he has the potential of Bryce or Lamar.
Old 03-15-2009, 03:55 PM    (permalink
JoeyJr09
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by etk View Post
As long as he doesn't have issues with ball security, he'll make it tough for our coaches to keep him on the sideline.

And he's such a class act and hard worker that he'll keep improving while he's here. I fully expect him to carry the load for us somewhere down the road....breaking the usual Miami trend of 2-4 RBs splitting time.

Kinda surprised at the lack of discussion over Lee Chambers this spring. Is he hurt?

I don't want to seem like a typical "grass is always greener" fan....but M. James and Chambers are an upgrade over JJ and Coop IMO. That is unless Coop starts running with authority.
Arm has been in a sling for a couple weeks. But of course Randy won't say what it is.

As for Mike and Chambers being better then Cooper and JJ. Remember JJ was getting the exact same hype that Mike is right now when he hit campus. Don't count our chickens before they hatch. Cooper is still better then Chambers. Has nothing to do with running with authority. He wasn't being used correctly.
Old 03-15-2009, 03:57 PM    (permalink
JoeyJr09
Veteran

Quote:
I keep forgetting about Jaylen Watkins. He has Florida as his leader but hasnt been to Miami yet. I think he cud be a top CB to come out of this class. Miami was in his top 5 before they even offered. And Tailer Jones is paying his own way to come down for the Spring Break game. He said we are recruiting him as an athlete. I really hope we can pull 4 CB's this year. CB's, LB's, and these highly rated O line men are my main concern.
Probably be 3 CBs.

but we have a better chance at Watkins isn't looking like a viable option and Tai-Ler Jones is a longshot at best.

At this point, taking in the recent Grimes news.

I'd say something along the lines of Dior Mathis, Terrence Brooks and Tony Grimes looks the most likely.
Old 03-15-2009, 04:02 PM    (permalink
BRAVEHEART
Pro Bowler

BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I like him. I just don't think he has the potential of Bryce or Lamar.
Najeh, while the other two are Willis and Frank/Clinton?
Old 03-15-2009, 06:25 PM    (permalink
etk
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Arm has been in a sling for a couple weeks. But of course Randy won't say what it is.

As for Mike and Chambers being better then Cooper and JJ. Remember JJ was getting the exact same hype that Mike is right now when he hit campus. Don't count our chickens before they hatch. Cooper is still better then Chambers. Has nothing to do with running with authority. He wasn't being used correctly.
Now I feel stupid as I've seen pictures of him in the sling. Brain wasn't working I guess.

JJ and MJ are pretty similar. MJ is a more complete back at this point in his career but JJ has the experience on him right now. If JJ is fully healthy it will be close. If it's close, the Senior will get the touches.

Cooper is 20x as talented as Chambers but Chambers hits the hole hard and runs downhill. Cooper dances too much, has poor vision and runs tentatively in the open field. He gets to the 2nd level and runs himself into contact, and he stops on contact.

I don't think Cooper was used correctly or coached properly. If he runs with more authority (decisive running, not power running like u prolly thought) he is a 1st round talent.

It's a stupid argument because we have great depth. We can go on for days about "not counting your chickens" with Mike James and Damien Berry, but at least we know we have 5 backs who can play and a 6th coming in the summer.

EDIT: 10000th post, cool! I should totally go make a lovefest thread...no wait, nvm no thx.

sig by BoneKrusher

Last edited by etk : 03-15-2009 at 06:50 PM.