Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > College Football

College Football Discuss College Football

Old 03-18-2009, 06:47 PM    (permalink
etk
All-NFLDC

etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeyJr09 View Post
What does blocking have to do with Miller or James potential and ability?

RB more then any position in football is the place where a pure athlete can become a star. Basically, you just give him the ball and let him run. You don't need more then basic blocking schemes and running lane knowledge to excell.

If the blocking sucks the blocking sucks. Even the best backs can't do anything with poor blocking. The fact that our blocking could be suspect doesn't suddenly made James a better fit or give him more potential.

You can say the same things about Miller. He has good size and a solid frame. In fact you could certainly make the case that once these kids are fully filled out, Miller will have a better RB body while James will have more a bowling ball, short yardage FB type body. Both have good feet. Miller wins in the speed department. Not even close. And I have no idea how you can truly say James has intangibles yet. He's been on campus for what 2 weeks. If you wanna talk about intangibles, Miller showed me more by sitting out camps in order to get his grades in order for to get into his school of choice. He missed visits and everything to get it done. But bottom line, these kids havent even taken a snap here so we can't talk about intangibles. For all we know one of them could crack under the pressure of a big game.
You claim that athletic talents are all that matters to succeed. I disagree. Some backs have a knack for gaining additional yardage despite the holes being unavailable. This is a result of agility, power, vision, or a combination of the 3. I've seen it firsthand with the Bucs: Cadillac Williams is a talented back but he struggles behind our line. Earnest Graham is much more effective. James reminds me of Graham, while Miller reminds me of Cadillac.

There are definitely RBs who are better suited for different kinds of blocking. Darren McFadden needs one hole to outrun everyone. Adrian Peterson needs space on stretch plays to find a crease. Other backs, like Warrick Dunn, run low, drive their feet and make people miss while diving forward. Not all RBs have this ability.

When I say intangibles, I mean positional intangibles. The stuff you can't touch or teach. Mike James is a natural runner who manages to make small gains out of nothing and big gains out of a little despite average long speed.

When both backs are filled out, Miller will be built like Portis while James will be built like Jamal Lewis/Earnest Graham. I happen to be a big fan of those kind of RBs.

I think Miller will be a great #2 option for us, but James will be the guy we rely on every week to help carry the offense. I can't wait to see him in action.

sig by BoneKrusher
etk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2009, 05:44 AM    (permalink
JoeyJr09
Veteran

JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

Quote:
Originally Posted by etk View Post
You claim that athletic talents are all that matters to succeed. I disagree. Some backs have a knack for gaining additional yardage despite the holes being unavailable. This is a result of agility, power, vision, or a combination of the 3. I've seen it firsthand with the Bucs: Cadillac Williams is a talented back but he struggles behind our line. Earnest Graham is much more effective. James reminds me of Graham, while Miller reminds me of Cadillac.

There are definitely RBs who are better suited for different kinds of blocking. Darren McFadden needs one hole to outrun everyone. Adrian Peterson needs space on stretch plays to find a crease. Other backs, like Warrick Dunn, run low, drive their feet and make people miss while diving forward. Not all RBs have this ability.

When I say intangibles, I mean positional intangibles. The stuff you can't touch or teach. Mike James is a natural runner who manages to make small gains out of nothing and big gains out of a little despite average long speed.

When both backs are filled out, Miller will be built like Portis while James will be built like Jamal Lewis/Earnest Graham. I happen to be a big fan of those kind of RBs.

I think Miller will be a great #2 option for us, but James will be the guy we rely on every week to help carry the offense. I can't wait to see him in action.
We are gonna have to disagree on this one.

It sounds like you just like James because he's huge and can move a people and is a physical runner.

But you make Miller sound like he's a small guy that just outruns everyone.

Remember dude, we are going off highlight tapes. James isn't as fast as Miller so he can't just outrun everyone. He has to move people and be physical just in order to be great.

Miller was faster then anyone else so he could get away with outrunning everyone. But that doesn't mean he isn't a guy that can get physical and move a pile either. He actually does so on some plays but they arent as frequent in the highlights because it wasnt something he needed to do. His other talents are what carried him in HS. Clinton Portis is a pretty big RB. If Lamar Miller fills out that way, he will have no problem getting physical and running that way.

BTW..I still dont see how blocking or the type of runner they are changes their potential in this case. Put them both on equal footing here in Miami and I still say Miller has more potential. I'm not seeing how James fits our blocking or style any better then Miller does.
JoeyJr09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2009, 12:34 AM    (permalink
thebow305
2009 NFL Mock Draft Champ
All-Pro

thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Hey joey,

What do you think about our chances of getting Chris Dunkley and Lynden Trail?

They are probably 2 of my favorite recruits right now, along with Jakhari Gore.

Dolphins Dream Draft: 1. C.J. Mosley 2. Kelvin Benjamin 3. Ja'Wuan James 4. Brandon Thomas 5. Xavier Grimble 6. Tyler Gaffney 7. Ross Cockrell

Last edited by thebow305 : 03-20-2009 at 12:37 AM.
thebow305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2009, 08:29 AM    (permalink
JoeyJr09
Veteran

JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebow305 View Post
Hey joey,

What do you think about our chances of getting Chris Dunkley and Lynden Trail?

They are probably 2 of my favorite recruits right now, along with Jakhari Gore.
Dunkley is going to UF.

Trail is ours if we want him.
Old 03-20-2009, 10:37 AM    (permalink
fresssh
Rookie

fresssh is a cocksman.fresssh is a cocksman.fresssh is a cocksman.

Ath DeShawn Beck talks about how he grew up a canes fan and is trying to get recruited by them. Says if they offer he is already ready to take a visit. Says he has an offer from USC but isnt that interested. I seen somewhere saying he is going to play CB in college.
fresssh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2009, 11:29 AM    (permalink
thebow305
All-Pro

thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Dunkley is going to UF.

Trail is ours if we want him.
Do you think we have any chance with Dunkley or is he Gaytor all the way?

Dolphins Dream Draft: 1. C.J. Mosley 2. Kelvin Benjamin 3. Ja'Wuan James 4. Brandon Thomas 5. Xavier Grimble 6. Tyler Gaffney 7. Ross Cockrell
Old 03-20-2009, 11:54 AM    (permalink
JoeyJr09
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebow305 View Post
Do you think we have any chance with Dunkley or is he Gaytor all the way?
No chance.
Old 03-20-2009, 11:58 AM    (permalink
JoeyJr09
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by fresssh View Post
Ath DeShawn Beck talks about how he grew up a canes fan and is trying to get recruited by them. Says if they offer he is already ready to take a visit. Says he has an offer from USC but isnt that interested. I seen somewhere saying he is going to play CB in college.
Where do you pull all these names from?

Aren't you the one that brough up Ravonne Carter? Then Duante Carr in the recruiting thread. And now DeShawn Beck?

Carter isnt being recruited. Carr is being talked to just to help us out with Tai-ler Jones, he isnt a serious option (think Daniel Andrews with Jaime Harper 2 years ago) and Beck is all Pac-10.

What gives with all the random names?
Old 03-20-2009, 12:01 PM    (permalink
thebow305
All-Pro

Quote:
No chance.
Thats disappointing. :( I guess I'll be getting my hopes up for nothing.

Old 03-20-2009, 03:50 PM    (permalink
fresssh
Rookie

fresssh is a cocksman.fresssh is a cocksman.fresssh is a cocksman.

Quote:
Where do you pull all these names from?

Aren't you the one that brough up Ravonne Carter? Then Duante Carr in the recruiting thread. And now DeShawn Beck?

Carter isnt being recruited. Carr is being talked to just to help us out with Tai-ler Jones, he isnt a serious option (think Daniel Andrews with Jaime Harper 2 years ago) and Beck is all Pac-10.

What gives with all the random names?
Not really random names, these guys still have plenty of time to be recruited. You asked me the same question when I brought up Jon Ragoo and said we arent connected to him in anyway and he wont be a Miami player, now he is on your other top targets list. You said the same thing about Jeff Luc and now he is one of our top recruits. Also like when you told me I was crazy to say Ogletree and Mathis were Miami leans. But Im just passing the info I hear. Beck is trying to get recruited by Miami, and wants to come down for a visit , grew up a Miami fan and just talks about how he is not that interested in USC. I heard hes going to play corner which I thought he looked really good at, and we need corners.

Last edited by fresssh : 03-20-2009 at 04:16 PM.
fresssh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2009, 05:55 PM    (permalink
JoeyJr09
Veteran

Quote:
Not really random names, these guys still have plenty of time to be recruited. You asked me the same question when I brought up Jon Ragoo and said we arent connected to him in anyway and he wont be a Miami player, now he is on your other top targets list. You said the same thing about Jeff Luc and now he is one of our top recruits. Also like when you told me I was crazy to say Ogletree and Mathis were Miami leans. But Im just passing the info I hear. Beck is trying to get recruited by Miami, and wants to come down for a visit , grew up a Miami fan and just talks about how he is not that interested in USC. I heard hes going to play corner which I thought he looked really good at, and we need corners.
-Ragoo wasnt being recruited at the time. And let's be honest, you threw out Ravone Carter, Richard Leonard and I believe one other name. Ragoo was the only one that stuck.

-Luc was always being recruited. I just said never liked the film I saw on him and I personally didn't think he was worth it. Obviously the outstanding SR film changed my thoughts there. But he's been in the picture since day 1.

-Ogletree is still an uphill battle with UGA. I dont care if he calls us his leader. He might be considered a Miami lean by most but he is a tough pull either way. Seen these play out way too much to consider him a lean myself. Unless he commit to us ala Nix (who will worry me til the end) I will never consider these kids ours. Did you not see how everything went down with Will Campbell and Marcus Hall last year.

-Mathis is not a Miami lean. He's a Michigan lean if anything. We are his dream school. Not the school he's leaning to. Not anymore anyways. We are number 2 but frankly, I'll be surprised if he's not in maize and blue by this time next year.

-What I'm asking is where your getting these names? They are barely on the radar if at all. They must come from somewhere.
Old 03-20-2009, 06:33 PM    (permalink
BRAVEHEART
Pro Bowler

BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
We have Beck's good friend and teammate, but beck knows he'll get no PT here at any posistion. He's fast and nimble, CB would be his best fit (IMO).
Old 03-21-2009, 04:38 PM    (permalink
etk
All-NFLDC

etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I have a good feeling about Ogletree. It sounds like location is not a big deal to him and he really likes our tradition, NFL history, etc. Just seems like a Cane type of player, like Vaughn Telemaque.

Then again this could just be me being optimistic because I love his film and I think he'll be a stud. He looks like a rangy Arthur Brown on tape.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 03-21-2009, 05:48 PM    (permalink
JoeyJr09
Veteran

I will never be sold on OOS players. I dont care if they say we lead or we are the dream school or any of that. At the end of the day, its easier for them to pick the home school.

FWIW by buddy says Earl Little has been around alot so far this year. He is the DC at Central and my buddy says he getting pretty heavily involved in the recruitments of Gainer, Godfrey and Reese. My buddy says if show the interest back, they are done to us. Makes sense to me seeing as Gainer suddenly has the new interest in us that wasnt there before.

FWIW, Godfrey isnt being recruited very hard is Reese is a backup plan after guys like Harris, Dunbar, McCartney, Wright and maybe 1-2 others.

Also heard our staff wants to pass on Gore. They are willing to take him if they have to but they are aiming higher. Clements seems to be the main target but the next batch includes Gainer and Bernard. They staff is hoping to not have to settle on Gore or Johnson.

How sweet it is to have a fallback like Gore. I love his upside as a big play speedster in certain packages next to all the big backs we are bringing in. Hope we dont make the mistake on passing even if we land Clements and Bernard/Gainer. Luckily with him wanting in so badly and being a legacy, chances are he will be here.
Old 03-21-2009, 06:06 PM    (permalink
JoeyJr09
Veteran

Oh and is anyone going to the spring game Saturday?
Old 03-22-2009, 11:12 AM    (permalink
etk
All-NFLDC

Quote:
I will never be sold on OOS players. I dont care if they say we lead or we are the dream school or any of that. At the end of the day, its easier for them to pick the home school.

FWIW by buddy says Earl Little has been around alot so far this year. He is the DC at Central and my buddy says he getting pretty heavily involved in the recruitments of Gainer, Godfrey and Reese. My buddy says if show the interest back, they are done to us. Makes sense to me seeing as Gainer suddenly has the new interest in us that wasnt there before.

FWIW, Godfrey isnt being recruited very hard is Reese is a backup plan after guys like Harris, Dunbar, McCartney, Wright and maybe 1-2 others.

Also heard our staff wants to pass on Gore. They are willing to take him if they have to but they are aiming higher. Clements seems to be the main target but the next batch includes Gainer and Bernard. They staff is hoping to not have to settle on Gore or Johnson.

How sweet it is to have a fallback like Gore. I love his upside as a big play speedster in certain packages next to all the big backs we are bringing in. Hope we dont make the mistake on passing even if we land Clements and Bernard/Gainer. Luckily with him wanting in so badly and being a legacy, chances are he will be here.
Nice update, thanks.

I know Reese is a backup plan, and that was my concern with the 3 as they want to play together and Reese is the odd man out. I really wouldn't mind taking him as a package deal because I like Godfrey and Gainer (more than most). Those 2 guys are main targets imo.

I'm not a big fan of Gore. I hope he is a backup plan and we go for Gainer/Bernard over him.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 03-23-2009, 02:54 PM    (permalink
JoeyJr09
Veteran

New mock class:

QB- Jeffery Godfrey, Miami (FL) Central (4* Rivals 250)
Other Options: Michael Strauss, Miami (FL) Gulliver, Turner Baty, Ft. Lauderdale (FL) St. Thomas Aquinas

RB- Eduardo Clements, Miami (FL) Booker T Washington (4* Rivals250), Brandon Gainer, Miami (FL) Central (4* Rivals250), Jahkari Gore, Miami (FL) Columbus (4* Rivals250)
Other Options: Giovanni Bernard, Ft Lauderdale (FL) St Thomas Aquinas (4* Rivals250), DeAndre Johnson, Opa Locka (FL) Pace

WR- Ivan McCartney, Miramar (FL) Miramar (4* Rivals100), Michael Lee Harris, Miami (FL) Northwestern (4* Rivals100), Quinton Dunbar, Miami (FL) Booker T Washington (4* Rivals250)
Other Options: Joshua Reese, Miami (FL) Central (4* Rivals100), James Louis, Deerfield Beach (FL) Atlantic), Kenny Shaw, Orlando (FL) Dr Phillips

TE- Zach Allen, Pahokee (FL) Pahokee, Lynden Trail, Miami (FL) Booker T Washington (4* Rivals250)
Other Options: Charles Fashaw, Miami (FL) Northwestern, Kevin Haplea, Annandale (NJ) North Hunterdon

OL- Shane McDermott, Wellington (FL) Palm Beach Central, Brandon Linder, Ft Lauderdale (FL) St Thomas Aquinas (4* Rivals250), Torrian Wilson, Miami (FL) Northwestern (4* Rivals 250), Tavadis Glenn, Jacksonville (FL) Terry Parker (4* Rivals250), Jonathan Ragoo, Opa Locka (FL) Pace
Other Options: Evan Washington, DeSoto (TX) DeSoto, Jose Jose, Miami (FL) Booker T Washington, Colton Odom, Rockledge (FL) Rockledge

DT- Todd Chandler, Miami (FL) Northwestern (4* Rivals250), Louis Nix, Jacksonville (FL) Raines HS (4* Rivals250)
Other Options: Calvin Smith, Hialeah (FL) Hialeah, Ego Ferguson, Frederick (MD) St Johns Catholic Prep (4* Rivals100)

DE- Corey Lemonier, Hialeah (FL) Hialeah (4* Rivals100)
Other Options: Will Gholston, Detriot (MI) Southeastern

LB- Alec Olgetree, Newnan (GA) Newnan (4* Rivals100), Jeff Luc, Port Saint Lucie (FL) Treasure Coast (5* Rivals100), Tyrone Cornelius, Stone Mountain (GA) Stephenson
Other Options: Rashad Gaitor, Miami (FL) Northwestern, Khari Fortt, Stamford (CT) Stamford

CB- Tony Grimes, Hollywood (FL) Hollywood Hills, Khalid Marshall, Miami (FL) Northwestern, Terrenence Brooks, Dunnellon (FL) Dunnellon
Other Options:Cody Riggs, Ft Lauderdale (FL) St Thomas Aquinas, Dior Mathis, Detroit (MI) Cass Tech (4* Rivals250), LeMarcus Joyner, Ft Lauderdale (FL) St Thomas Aquinas (5* Rivals100), Peniel Jean, Wellington (FL) Palm Beach Central

S- Brian Robinson, Ft Lauderdale (FL) St Thomas Aquinas (3*)
Other Options: Demar Dorsey, Lauderdale Lakes (FL) Boyd Anderson

K- Oscar Diaz, Miami (FL) Booker T Washington
Other Options: Mike Palardy, Ft Lauderdale (FL) St Thomas Aquins

Last edited by JoeyJr09 : 03-23-2009 at 03:08 PM.
Old 03-23-2009, 03:10 PM    (permalink
BRAVEHEART
Pro Bowler

BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Trail is gonna be used as a TE at miami?
Old 03-23-2009, 03:18 PM    (permalink
JoeyJr09
Veteran

Its not 100 but the plan seems to be using him as a pass catching TE after a RS year to bulk up and learn the offensive schemes.
Old 03-23-2009, 04:49 PM    (permalink
tolnaballa
Rookie

tolnaballa smells like sex panther.tolnaballa smells like sex panther.

What about Charles Fashaw? Looks like he has a chance to be a productive college player to me, plus his is from MNW. That pretty much means he is a lock to come to us, if we want him. I like the way he plays and feel he could be the best TE on that list.
tolnaballa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2009, 06:39 PM    (permalink
Hollywood
Veteran

Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tolnaballa View Post
What about Charles Fashaw? Looks like he has a chance to be a productive college player to me, plus his is from MNW. That pretty much means he is a lock to come to us, if we want him. I like the way he plays and feel he could be the best TE on that list.
Can you expound on your statement that you like the way he plays? How does he play and did you honestly see him/know who he was as a Sophomore in HS which was the last time he has played football?

I like the class Joey, but what about Devon Wright as a RB? I hope he is not completely off the radar for us..Seems like the kind of guy who even if we have a numbers crunch at RB could be an elite level special teams guy and provide depth at a LB or FB spot.
Hollywood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2009, 06:39 PM    (permalink
etk
All-NFLDC

I'm disappointed that you're not hearing much on Tai-ler Jones. I think he'd make a great corner. His short area quickness is outstanding and he has some nice hits from the CB position, not to mention his insane jukes on offense. He looks like Brandon Flowers with more athleticism.

What about Michael Thornton (Cornelius' teammate)? Funny how 2 secondary option DTs who claim offers are teammates of higher priority defensive recruits.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 03-23-2009, 06:44 PM    (permalink
tolnaballa
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollywood View Post
Can you expound on your statement that you like the way he plays? How does he play and did you honestly see him/know who he was as a Sophomore in HS which was the last time he has played football?

I like the class Joey, but what about Devon Wright as a RB? I hope he is not completely off the radar for us..Seems like the kind of guy who even if we have a numbers crunch at RB could be an elite level special teams guy and provide depth at a LB or FB spot.

He was hurt his junior year, I seen his numbers at the Miami Combine they looked pretty solid. I just want the best for Miami, just as much as you Hollywood. I am only stating my opinion. I think he could be a great pass catching TE for us. He is obviously transferring to MNW, so he can help put his name on the map and play for a top college producing high school in the whole nation. The reason he is transferring is because he wants to prove he can play at that level.
Old 03-23-2009, 06:54 PM    (permalink
Hollywood
Veteran

Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tolnaballa View Post
He was hurt his junior year, I seen his numbers at the Miami Combine they looked pretty solid. I just want the best for Miami, just as much as you Hollywood. I am only stating my opinion. I think he could be a great pass catching TE for us. He is obviously transferring to MNW, so he can help put his name on the map and play for a top college producing high school in the whole nation. The reason he is transferring is because he wants to prove he can play at that level.
I was just wondering because you said you liked the way he plays and that he could be the best, so maybe you knew something about him...not much is known about him except the good combine numbers.
Hollywood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2009, 07:11 PM    (permalink
tolnaballa
Rookie

Are you hearing anything on any of the TE prospects? The only two I have heard of on the list are Fashaw and Trail. I have no idea who Allen or Haplea are? Any of these 4 have big potential?

Also whats the news with Luc? Do we have a pretty good chance with him? It would be nice to have a big thick backer compared to what we have had brought in (not that they aren't bad prospects, Spence being 211 and Brown being 215). I seen Rivals has him as a 5 star and Scout just released there 100 and hes the number 9 prospect overall.