Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > College Football

College Football Discuss College Football

Old 03-23-2009, 08:18 PM    (permalink
etk
All-NFLDC

etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tolnaballa View Post
Are you hearing anything on any of the TE prospects? The only two I have heard of on the list are Fashaw and Trail. I have no idea who Allen or Haplea are? Any of these 4 have big potential?
Allen has big-time potential. He's flying under the radar because he's small and raw, but he's a great athlete and should have a big Sr. year. He's a lot like Orson Charles. If he doesn't work out at TE, he could be the next Marcus Robinson at DE.

No clue about Haplea other than what he looks like, where he's from and what he said in interviews.

sig by BoneKrusher
etk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2009, 08:24 PM    (permalink
tolnaballa
Rookie

tolnaballa smells like sex panther.tolnaballa smells like sex panther.

Scout has Allen listed at 6-2.5 and weighing 185? Isn't he a little light to be playing TE? I am hoping he as atleast 200 to 215. Than he doesn't have to put so much weight on.
tolnaballa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2009, 08:27 PM    (permalink
etk
All-NFLDC

etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Scout has Allen listed at 6-2.5 and weighing 185? Isn't he a little light to be playing TE? I am hoping he as atleast 200 to 215. Than he doesn't have to put so much weight on.
Rivals has him listed at 210. By the time he makes it on campus he'll have plenty of size to be a receiving TE. He'll continue to develop.

Keep in mind he's still a Jr. These kids fill out, with or without weights.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 03-23-2009, 08:32 PM    (permalink
tolnaballa
Rookie

That seems more like it. I am up for the thought of bringing in Allen, Fashaw, and Trail. The only thing that bothers me about all 3 is that they are a little light in size and could all use a year in the program. We need an instant impact at the position.
Old 03-23-2009, 08:39 PM    (permalink
etk
All-NFLDC

Quote:
That seems more like it. I am up for the thought of bringing in Allen, Fashaw, and Trail. The only thing that bothers me about all 3 is that they are a little light in size and could all use a year in the program. We need an instant impact at the position.
Few prospects aren't "light" at this age. Guys like Luc and Armstrong are the exceptions that are physically ready for the next level. Most of the time you get "stuck" with TEs that project to OT like Cory White/Stephen Plein, LBs like Spence, WRs like Benjamin, DEs like Robinson (beasted at the end of the year playing at about 225). A lot of those big muscled-up freaks you see at the NFL combine were tiny coming out of HS. That's why teams have weight programs and coaches....to develop athletes.

I agree that we need an instant impact, but TE is typically not a position where that's possible. TEs have to have a number of skills and that require mental and physical development. This is why the new staff is trying to recruit consistently and avoid these gaps that Coker left us.

Keep in mind that most of these guys will bulk up and add 15-20 lbs, if not more by the time their Fr seasons start. They won't be skinny forever. Spence is close to 215. At this time in his Jr. year he was about 185-190 with a smallish frame.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 03-23-2009, 08:46 PM    (permalink
JoeyJr09
Veteran

JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

-Devon Wright is a Canesport name that has been thrown around. I havent seen any real evidence to suggest hes a more realistic target then the RBs I had listed. Hes just a fan favorite as of now.

-Tai-ler Jones already cut us.

-Matt Thornton is a new name with limited info. Until I hear otherwise, hes just here to help us get Cornelius. Think Kheranie Boyd last year.

-Not enough tape on Fashaw yet to get a serious look from us. But we are his favs and depending on how he looks to start the year, he could be an early commit.

-Id be very surprised if we dont get Luc. Hes supposed to be here for the spring game saturday.

-my favorite TE targets in order: Allen, Trail, Fashaw, Haplea. Could change as I hear more on Haplea.
JoeyJr09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2009, 08:47 PM    (permalink
tolnaballa
Rookie

Have you heard anything on Luc? How are our chances looking with him. I seen he enjoyed his visit here.

The only St. Aquinas boy we will bringing in is Linder? No chance with anyone else?
Old 03-23-2009, 09:24 PM    (permalink
JoeyJr09
Veteran

JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

Quote:
Have you heard anything on Luc? How are our chances looking with him. I seen he enjoyed his visit here.

The only St. Aquinas boy we will bringing in is Linder? No chance with anyone else?
Already addressed Luc on the above post. Im confortable saying we have a wide lead for him. Wouldnt be surprised if he committed this weekend but not really expeecting it. Still, if ours for the taking.

I have Brian Robinson from STA headed here as well as Linder. We are in the mix for more but most are too open to project. Bernard could certanly take over from Gainer or Gore at one of those spots but he doesnt seem as interested. Too bad, he and Clements are my favorites for this class. Palardy is the perferred choice at K, but I put Diaz in the mock because hes an easier target. We all know the Joyner deal. Riggs seems like a lost cause as of right now.
Old 03-23-2009, 09:31 PM    (permalink
tolnaballa
Rookie

What position does Linder project for us? Seeing we already have McDermott at Center. Could end up with Jose Jose at center too. Can he play gaurd or tackle?
Old 03-23-2009, 09:41 PM    (permalink
Hollywood
Veteran

Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeyJr09 View Post
-Devon Wright is a Canesport name that has been thrown around. I havent seen any real evidence to suggest hes a more realistic target then the RBs I had listed. Hes just a fan favorite as of now.

-my favorite TE targets in order: Allen, Trail, Fashaw, Haplea. Could change as I hear more on Haplea.
I think Devon Wright is more than just a fan favorite and 'canesport name', I and many in Broward have been hearing the name hyped for awhile now. It wouldn't surprise me if he surpasses one of the more hyped names on everyone's board right now as far as attention from the big three goes. I'd rather have him over Bernard.

Also, we need to start adding some more names to the TE board, all of those guys have huge projects and I doubt Allen even has an offer yet as he is only 6'1" 185; if he is the number one guy on the board we have a problem. If Fashaw shows anything on the field we need to offer right away and put the press on. I am sure the coaches at MNW will let our coaches know how he does in practices though so we should have first go at it.
Hollywood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2009, 09:48 PM    (permalink
JoeyJr09
Veteran

Having Allen as the number 1 option is not a problem at all. He has about as much potential as any TE in this year's class. He has spped to burn and is a matchup nightmare for LBs. He would be a huge pickup. BTW..he does have an offer.

And BTW you do know people in Broward are fans right? Hence Devon Wright being a fan favorite if he's being hyped by people in Broward. Like I said, I have seen zero evidence to suggest he's a real target for the Canes.
Old 03-23-2009, 10:07 PM    (permalink
Hollywood
Veteran

Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Having Allen as the number 1 option is not a problem at all. He has about as much potential as any TE in this year's class. He has spped to burn and is a matchup nightmare for LBs. He would be a huge pickup. BTW..he does have an offer.

And BTW you do know people in Broward are fans right? Hence Devon Wright being a fan favorite if he's being hyped by people in Broward. Like I said, I have seen zero evidence to suggest he's a real target for the Canes.

Well you implied with 'canesport' prospect that he is just a name that is the result of internet hype, he is not. Many scouts like him and it would not surprise me if he gets recruited by all of the big three.

As for Allen, as of a month ago according to him in an interview he did not have an offer from Miami and implied that he would commit on the spot if he was given an offer, and I have not heard anything in the past month.

I know we are recruiting him, but where is the news of an offer?
Old 03-23-2009, 11:39 PM    (permalink
etk
All-NFLDC

Quote:

-Tai-ler Jones already cut us.

-Matt Thornton is a new name with limited info. Until I hear otherwise, hes just here to help us get Cornelius. Think Kheranie Boyd last year.

-Not enough tape on Fashaw yet to get a serious look from us. But we are his favs and depending on how he looks to start the year, he could be an early commit.

-Id be very surprised if we dont get Luc. Hes supposed to be here for the spring game saturday.

Sucks on Jones. That was a tough pull from the start, but I expected to be in it at least. I know you're trying to keep expectations low, but I'm too optimistic about our recruiting to think we'll miss out on 4 top CB targets. Especially if we don't get instant impact from our Fr/So guys.

New name with limited info sounds intriguing. lol. Or it could be boring, like you alluded to.

Quote:

I agree about Allen. Shawn Nelson/Orson Charles type talents are nothing to be ashamed of. Especially when he's coming from a school like Pahokee. I'll take all the top guys we can get from there.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 03-24-2009, 05:26 PM    (permalink
djp
Team Leader
Icon

djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Bad news is coming in a few days from what I've been reading
Old 03-24-2009, 05:47 PM    (permalink
fresssh
Rookie

fresssh is a cocksman.fresssh is a cocksman.fresssh is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by djp View Post
Wuts the news?
fresssh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2009, 05:55 PM    (permalink
Hollywood
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by djp View Post
I assume you are talking about the DUI thing?
Old 03-24-2009, 06:08 PM    (permalink
fresssh
Rookie

fresssh is a cocksman.fresssh is a cocksman.fresssh is a cocksman.

Wuts the DUI thing?
fresssh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2009, 08:09 PM    (permalink
JoeyJr09
Veteran

One of our players got arrestted in Tally this weekend for a DUI. Confirmed by multiple insiders. No name yet. Will be hefty suspension but is not getting kicked off the team.
Old 03-24-2009, 08:30 PM    (permalink
tolnaballa
Rookie

Anyone have any leak on who it might be?
Old 03-24-2009, 08:49 PM    (permalink
thebow305
2009 NFL Mock Draft Champ
All-Pro

thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Anyone have any leak on who it might be?
We can only hope it's only Shields...

Haha, just kidding. :)

Dolphins Dream Draft: 1. C.J. Mosley 2. Kelvin Benjamin 3. Ja'Wuan James 4. Brandon Thomas 5. Xavier Grimble 6. Tyler Gaffney 7. Ross Cockrell

Last edited by thebow305 : 03-24-2009 at 08:55 PM.
thebow305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2009, 08:56 PM    (permalink
thebow305
All-Pro

thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

But seriously, anyone wanna take bets on who it was? Any ideas?

Dolphins Dream Draft: 1. C.J. Mosley 2. Kelvin Benjamin 3. Ja'Wuan James 4. Brandon Thomas 5. Xavier Grimble 6. Tyler Gaffney 7. Ross Cockrell
Old 03-24-2009, 09:17 PM    (permalink
JoeyJr09
Veteran

Im hoping it was Ryan Hill or Damien Berry.

But Jacory and most the WRs were confirmed in Tally so they are candidates as well. CJ Holton was there as well.

I cant remember the list of names that were also there but they were all pretty vital outside of Berry and Hill.
Old 03-24-2009, 09:48 PM    (permalink
Hollywood
Veteran

I can't believe the name has not been leaked yet, I know multiple reputable insiders have confirmed it, but a DUI is public info and should be extremely easy for anyone to find out who it is...
Old 03-25-2009, 01:47 AM    (permalink
thebow305
All-Pro

Quote:
Im hoping it was Ryan Hill or Damien Berry.

But Jacory and most the WRs were confirmed in Tally so they are candidates as well. CJ Holton was there as well.

I cant remember the list of names that were also there but they were all pretty vital outside of Berry and Hill.
I would absolutely **** myself if it was Jacory, or even Aldarius for that matter.

Old 03-25-2009, 10:23 AM    (permalink
etk
All-NFLDC

BFD if it's one of the receivers. We have almost 10 that can play and a redshirt and reality check wouldn't hurt any of them. Harris is the only one that's indispensable but I don't think it's him, especially not after the Marve fiasco.

sig by BoneKrusher