Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > College Football

College Football Discuss College Football

Old 04-01-2009, 09:43 PM    (permalink
JoeyJr09
Veteran

JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tolnaballa View Post
I am kind of dissappointed were not going to take Gore. I want kids that want to be a Hurricane, he wants to be.
You can change him out with Bernard if you want. It's really a flip of the coin as to which one we end up with.

But the staff really wants bigger RBs so it might be awhile before he ends up here.
JoeyJr09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2009, 09:45 PM    (permalink
tolnaballa
Rookie

tolnaballa smells like sex panther.tolnaballa smells like sex panther.

Any chance we will take 3 runningbacks? With Bryce not coming this year we have a scholarship open?
tolnaballa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2009, 09:50 PM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeyJr09 View Post
Your better off with Sheridan then throwing Robinson to the wolves. His passing is nowhere near ready and teams will just stack the box against you. At least Sheridan gives you a passing threat (somewhat).

Robinson would just be another HB his freshman year.

What happened to Feagan?
Well, with Sheridan breaking his leg, Feagin is taking some snaps at both QB and slot receiver. He's supposed to be a slot from now on but Sheridan got hurt and Cone's having problems throwing the ball (shoulder, I think).
Sniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2009, 10:04 PM    (permalink
JoeyJr09
Veteran

JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

Quote:
Any chance we will take 3 runningbacks? With Bryce not coming this year we have a scholarship open?
There's a chance but I'm doubting it right now.

The scholly for Bryce will likely go to another position.

Remember, we were only gonna take 2 RBs last year. We just couldnt turn down a chance to get James, Bryce and Miller.
Old 04-02-2009, 12:10 AM    (permalink
fresssh
Rookie

fresssh is a cocksman.fresssh is a cocksman.fresssh is a cocksman.

Quote:
New mock class:

QB- Turner Baty, Ft. Lauderdale (FL) St. Thomas Aquinas
RB- Eduardo Clements, Miami (FL) Booker T Washington (4* Rivals250)
RB- Giovanni Bernard, Ft Lauderdale (FL) St Thomas Aquinas (4* Rivals250)
WR- Ivan McCartney, Miramar (FL) Miramar (4* Rivals100)
WR- Michael Lee Harris, Miami (FL) Northwestern (4* Rivals100)
WR- Quinton Dunbar, Miami (FL) Booker T Washington (4* Rivals250)
TE- Zach Allen, Pahokee (FL) Pahokee
TE- Charles Fashaw, Miami (FL) Northwestern
OL- Shane McDermott, Wellington (FL) Palm Beach Central
OL- Brandon Linder, Ft Lauderdale (FL) St Thomas Aquinas (4* Rivals250)
OL- Torrian Wilson, Miami (FL) Northwestern (4* Rivals250)
OL- Tavadis Glenn, Jacksonville (FL) Terry Parker (4* Rivals250)
OL- Jonathan Ragoo, Opa Locka (FL) Monsignor Pace

DT- Todd Chandler, Miami (FL) Northwestern (4* Rivals250)
DT- Louis Nix, Jacksonville (FL) Raines HS (4* Rivals250)

DE-Corey Lemonier, Hialeah (FL) Hialeah (4* Rivals100)
DE- Lynden Trail, Miami (FL) Booker T Washington (4* Rivals250)
LB- Jeff Luc, Port Saint Lucie (FL) Treasure Coast (5* Rivals100)
LB- Tyrone Cornelius, Stone Mountain (GA) Stephenson
LB- Chase Williams, Leesburg (VA) Loudoun County
CB- Terrence Brooks, Dunnellon (FL) Dunnellon
CB- Steven Clark, Lauderdale Lakes (FL) Boyd Anderson
CB- Dior Mathis, Detroit (MI) Cass Tech (4* Rivals250)
S- Alec Ogletree, Newnan (GA) Newnan (4* Rivals100)
K- Mike Palardy, Ft Lauderdale (FL) St Thomas Aquinas

1 5* and 14 4* players all in the top 250. Out of hand. Plus Nix and Ogletree have a chance to jump up to 5* players and some of the Unranked guys will get 4* rankings. What a class this is shaping up to be. Would have to be in the top 5 and in the running for number 1.

Here are the rest of the options ATM...

QB- Michael Strauss, Miami (FL) Gulliver
QB- Jeffery Godfrey, Miami (FL) Central (4* Rivals250)
RB- Brandon Gainer, Miami (FL) Central (4* Rivals250)
RB- Jahkari Gore, Miami (FL) Columbus (4* Rivals250)
TE-Kevin Haplea, Annandale (NJ) North Hunterdon Reg
OL- Colton Odom, Rockledge (FL) Rockledge
OL- Jose Jose, Miami (FL) Booker T Washington
OL- Evan Washington, DeSoto (TX) DeSoto
DE- Ego Ferguson, Frederick (MD) St Johnís Catholic Prep (4* Rivals100)
LB- Rashad Gaitor, Miami (FL) Northwestern
CB- LaMarcus Joyner, Ft Lauderdale (FL) St Thomas Aquinas (5* Rivals100)
CB- Joseph Randle, Wichita (KS) Wichita Southeast (4* Rivals250)
CB- Tony Grimes, Hollywood (FL) Hollywood Hills
CB- Penial Jean, Wellington (FL) Palm Beach Central
CB- Khalid Marshall, Miami (FL) Northwestern
CB- Kambrel McGee, Miami (FL) Northwestern
S- Demar Dorsey, Lauderdale Lakes (FL) Boyd Anderson (4* Rivals250)
S- Brian Robinson, Ft Lauderdale (FL) St Thomas Aquinas
K- Oscar Diaz, Miami (FL) Booker T Washington

FWIW...I want Strauss as our QB in this class.
Kind dissapointed on LB (If Ogletree does stay at safety) and still CB. And to the D line I wud hope to add Calvin Smith. I didnt really like Chase and I think Isaac Dixon looks more impressive. Whats our chances with Dorsey?
fresssh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2009, 06:13 AM    (permalink
JoeyJr09
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by fresssh View Post
Kind dissapointed on LB (If Ogletree does stay at safety) and still CB. And to the D line I wud hope to add Calvin Smith. I didnt really like Chase and I think Isaac Dixon looks more impressive. Whats our chances with Dorsey?
I like Cornelius alot so LB isn't a huge deal to me and seeing as how we have so many bodies at that spot already, I'm fine with that haul.

Calvin Smith is headed to Illinois. I haven't really considered him an option for some time.

Issac Dixon is another random name that is barely being recruited. He doesn't have a single D-1 offer. Why on earth would you want him? He doesn't impress me at all. Much rather have one of the 12 other LBs we've already offered and for a deep position, I don't think Luc, Cornelius and Williams is a bad haul.

Dorsey remains committed to the Gators but will be looking around until the end. If we really push hard for him there's a decent chance but right now we are at sit and wait mode. We offered because we didn't wanna lose too much ground to the Gators and because he had a couple great camps but there needs to be more growth and plays made during his SR year for us to really go after him.
Old 04-02-2009, 09:55 AM    (permalink
fresssh
Rookie

Quote:
I like Cornelius alot so LB isn't a huge deal to me and seeing as how we have so many bodies at that spot already, I'm fine with that haul.

Calvin Smith is headed to Illinois. I haven't really considered him an option for some time.

Issac Dixon is another random name that is barely being recruited. He doesn't have a single D-1 offer. Why on earth would you want him? He doesn't impress me at all. Much rather have one of the 12 other LBs we've already offered and for a deep position, I don't think Luc, Cornelius and Williams is a bad haul.

Dorsey remains committed to the Gators but will be looking around until the end. If we really push hard for him there's a decent chance but right now we are at sit and wait mode. We offered because we didn't wanna lose too much ground to the Gators and because he had a couple great camps but there needs to be more growth and plays made during his SR year for us to really go after him.
Id kinda want 1 more DT. Maybe Ash, if u say Smith is goin to Illinois.

With Dixon, I was just talking about how I thought he was more impressive then Williams, not saying I want him at all. I just thought his last tape was alright
http://www.soflafootball.com/homepag...eo-issac-dixon

With Dorsey, I might be the only one but I think he looks just as good as Joyner. I hope were going after him hard.

If we dont land Tavadis Glenn, do you think well go after Perry Meiklejohn?

Last edited by fresssh : 04-02-2009 at 10:03 AM.
Old 04-02-2009, 10:31 AM    (permalink
JoeyJr09
Veteran

I think we end up with both Jose and Ragoo before if we miss on Glenn. But I think well have Glenn in this class.

Dorsey isnt even close to Joyner. Heck Dorsey isnt even close to Riggs.

Dorsey is camp hype and numbers. He is an athlete. Not a football player.
Old 04-02-2009, 10:40 AM    (permalink
Hollywood
Veteran

Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It wouldn't surprise me if Urban finds a way to push Dorsey out of their class and he ends up at USF or something. He is just the kind of guy to do it.
Hollywood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2009, 11:11 AM    (permalink
fresssh
Rookie

Quote:
I think we end up with both Jose and Ragoo before if we miss on Glenn. But I think well have Glenn in this class.

Dorsey isnt even close to Joyner. Heck Dorsey isnt even close to Riggs.

Dorsey is camp hype and numbers. He is an athlete. Not a football player.
I cant see how u say hes not close to Riggs. I cant see how Riggs is better in any way. Maybe were watching different film again or something.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=spryoroZluE
The guy can play. Yea the 4.25 is impressive, but the fiilm is more impressive.
Old 04-02-2009, 11:12 AM    (permalink
fresssh
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollywood View Post
It wouldn't surprise me if Urban finds a way to push Dorsey out of their class and he ends up at USF or something. He is just the kind of guy to do it.
If a guy like Dorsey ended up at USF, that wud be a crime.
Old 04-02-2009, 11:55 AM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
If a guy like Dorsey ended up at USF, that wud be a crime.
Apparently Denard Robinson is pushing him pretty hard to Michigan.
Old 04-02-2009, 07:32 PM    (permalink
Hollywood
Veteran

Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The spring game is on CSS right now for those in South Florida...
Old 04-03-2009, 11:58 AM    (permalink
tolnaballa
Rookie

tolnaballa smells like sex panther.tolnaballa smells like sex panther.

Dunbar decommited from us? Seen that on rivals..

Now I also see scout has Louis Nix listed as a soft verbal instead of solid.

Any comments or news on these two?

Last edited by tolnaballa : 04-03-2009 at 05:19 PM.
tolnaballa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2009, 07:22 PM    (permalink
etk
All-NFLDC

etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Dunbar decommited from us? Seen that on rivals..

Now I also see scout has Louis Nix listed as a soft verbal instead of solid.

Any comments or news on these two?
Dunbar and Trail are trying really hard to appear open and attract drama and attention to their recruiting situations. Trail even said so himself in interviews. Dunbar just admitted that he's 90% committed but decommits like a day later.... They should be easy gets if we want them, but that won't be official until signing day I think. The coach that handles BTW recruiting pushes them heavily toward Miami.

Nix visiting schools = soft verbal. No different for any other player. Like joey has said many times...Nix will be an ongoing UF/Miami battle but we have the upper hand.

sig by BoneKrusher
etk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2009, 09:05 AM    (permalink
JoeyJr09
Veteran

Don't worried about losing Dunbar.

We already have McCartney, plus we are still on Michaelee Harris and could offer and land Joshua Reese in a heartbeat.

Not to mention, it's still likely Dunbar ends up elsewhere unless we shut the door on him.

I've heard Dunbar is a little like Daniel Adderley tho. Too soft and no where near mean enough or passionate enough for the game to ever be great.

Plus on the off chance we find a way to land a Dunkley or Johnson, we would be sittin even prettier.

FWIW tho, let's look at Dunbar's other top schools:

UF- Barely recruiting him
Michigan- Maybe an option
UCF- Last resort
FSU- Barely recruiting him for now
Miami- Still says we lead.

Do you think Michigan and UCF are going to beat us out for a BTW kid? Yea right.

Don't worry about Nix. He's been as solid as ever since his visit. Will be a long road with him, but for right now, there's no reason for concern.
Old 04-04-2009, 10:34 AM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Quote:
Michigan- Maybe an option
Doubtful. Michigan's already landed Ricardo Miller, Jeremy Jackson, Jerald Robinson and D.J Williamson at WR, as well as Tony Drake at slot. Unless some ridiculously awesome WR wants to come, I think Michigan's done at WR.
Old 04-04-2009, 12:05 PM    (permalink
fresssh
Rookie

Anther random name for u. Has anybody seen film on LB Darius Davis? I heard he was suposed to blow up but he got hurt. I seen he finished last season 45 tackles 4 sacks and 3 defensive TD's, but he only played 4 games.
Old 04-04-2009, 12:07 PM    (permalink
Hollywood
Veteran

Quote:
Anther random name for u. Has anybody seen film on LB Darius Davis? I heard he was suposed to blow up but he got hurt. I seen he finished last season 45 tackles 4 sacks and 3 defensive TD's, but he only played 4 games.

Where is he from?
Old 04-04-2009, 03:14 PM    (permalink
fresssh
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollywood View Post
Where is he from?
Dade. He went to Bay Point last year, and is going to Dr. Krop this year.
Old 04-04-2009, 04:27 PM    (permalink
etk
All-NFLDC

etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Yeah. 6'1 200ish and sounds like a good athlete. All the camp write-ups have praised him and singled him out. I was gonna ask joey or Malaka if they know more.

sig by BoneKrusher
etk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2009, 05:25 PM    (permalink
Hollywood
Veteran

Quote:
Dade. He went to Bay Point last year, and is going to Dr. Krop this year.
ahhh that's right, I remember him. He is a true definition of a camp athlete, you could not design a better looking LB prospect but the results on the field are not there to warrant a scholly offer from any of the big three anytime soon.
Old 04-04-2009, 06:56 PM    (permalink
JoeyJr09
Veteran

I seriously doubt Randy would touch anyone that has spent time at Bay Point.

It's one step away from Military School and is basically a place to send troubled kids like runaways, drug addicts or kids that have spent time in juvie.

That is not a place Randy would even think to look at.

The kids that have to go there and not the ones Randy is looking for on this team.
Old 04-05-2009, 12:35 PM    (permalink
TACKLE
All-NFLDC

TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I seriously doubt Randy would touch anyone that has spent time at Bay Point.

It's one step away from Military School and is basically a place to send troubled kids like runaways, drug addicts or kids that have spent time in juvie.

That is not a place Randy would even think to look at.

The kids that have to go there and not the ones Randy is looking for on this team.
Sounds like a FSU pipe line.
Old 04-06-2009, 03:36 PM    (permalink
fresssh
Rookie

A couple random guys that arent strongly connected to us at all, but their obviously isnt any other good news.

LB Tony Jefferson who we got proly no chance of landing, said hes got half of his family living in Florida. Was a cane fan. Said 1 of the things he wants is a LB coach that was in the NFL. Talks about how much he likes Mike Barrow.

ATH Munchie Legaux talks about how he came to Miami a couple weeks ago to get recruited by the canes. Cousin is Akieem Jolla.

Not really any news or anything, but like I said everything else is just dead now. Sounds like Tony Jefferson is definitely taking a visit Fla. since they are in his top 3, so maybe at least we can get him for a visit.