Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > College Football

College Football Discuss College Football

Old 04-13-2009, 12:48 AM    (permalink
fresssh
Rookie

fresssh is a cocksman.fresssh is a cocksman.fresssh is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeyJr09 View Post
Dnt think we are taking 4 LBs. 3 is what Hurtt had said earlier and u can usually hold him to it.

Not sure what to make of Michael Taylor just yet. Weve been on him for while but his interest is pretty sudden. I wouldnt put our chnaces with him at any better then say a Chase Williams.

BTW....Id be worried about Luc and FSU. He is far from a guarantee for us.

Only sure thing at LB IMO seems to be Tyrone Cornelius.

Tollnaballa, PM me for the info. Apparently its old news that had a blurb written on the Herald but I was told to specifically not to post it so Id rather not even if it has been discussed already. Do think I got more details then the Herald does tho.
Its cus he said we just offered him last tuesday. I like him alot more then Williams.

Im not saying Luc is a guarantee at all either, even with the rumors thats hes already a silent to us. Just think we got a good chance.

Spencer Boyd says if we offer that he might commit on the spot.
fresssh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2009, 07:53 AM    (permalink
Hollywood
Veteran

Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
HW, I checked out that thread on Rivals.

What a joke thoe guys are. Seriously, ya'll know I dont get any big information, just a little nugget here or there but nothing earth shattering. Thats why I love it here, weve gotten like 4 posts on it and moved on to LB talk. That Htown dude took it straight over to rivals and suddenly its one of the highest rated threads with tons of wild guesses. They are clueless.

Cant believe that 2-3 little lines in my huge post caused such a hug stir over there. Unbelieveable.

Guys this news is probably about as big as Sam Shields switching positions. Its really not a big deal. Just kinda cool and interesting.

I say you mess with them and come up with a name. I am thinking you say they found a loophole with LaMarcus Joyner and are allowed to sign him for the upcoming season. Something about his birthday year making him 19. Just say it in the next post, they are so dense they won't even see/just ignore this one. :)
Hollywood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2009, 12:24 PM    (permalink
fresssh
Rookie

Torrian Wilson just named Michigan his leader. Not saying hes going to be anywhere but Miami but whats with the slow start. I thought it was excellent how we got Nix and Chandler, but then nothing. Fla and Fla St. are starting out stronger.
Old 04-13-2009, 09:27 PM    (permalink
etk
All-NFLDC

etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

A lot of near-locks are dragging the recruiting process. It's the Bryce Brown effect. They either don't want to make an early decision and risk having a change of heart, or they want to have a similar stir of excitement with their recruiting as guys like Brown and Marcus Hall did when they created false drama.

The guys I assume you're referring to have every reason to be Canes and sound like Canes in interviews. Come signing day we'll be in great shape. I wouldn't get bent up about the "lack of news". There's no mass conspiracy against us. I just hope we do well at STA. Love their talent this year.

sig by BoneKrusher
etk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2009, 06:39 AM    (permalink
JoeyJr09
Veteran

JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

At this time in 2008 Marcus Forston was headed to FSU, Theron Collier was an Auburn commit, Brandon Washington was all LSU and Jacory was headed to Oregon was part of a package with Tommy Streeter.

None of those kids had made many great comments towards Miami until they committed to us in July and August.
JoeyJr09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2009, 02:09 PM    (permalink
draftguru151
:/
Legend

draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So Jimmy Graham is the addition that is being talked about?

<Gaius_Baltar> That is correct comahan
<vidae> I ******* LOVE YOU DG
<njx9> <3 dg
draftguru151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2009, 02:33 PM    (permalink
JoeyJr09
Veteran

JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

Quote:
Originally Posted by draftguru151 View Post
So Jimmy Graham is the addition that is being talked about?
Now that its official, yea that was it.
Old 04-16-2009, 06:46 PM    (permalink
Jonny
Veteran

Jonny is a cocksman.Jonny is a cocksman.Jonny is a cocksman.

Quote:
At this time in 2008 Marcus Forston was headed to FSU, Theron Collier was an Auburn commit, Brandon Washington was all LSU and Jacory was headed to Oregon was part of a package with Tommy Streeter.

None of those kids had made many great comments towards Miami until they committed to us in July and August.
There are like 20 kids currently on the Miami roster who said they liked Rutgers until you guys offered :(

RU and Miami are gonna play a decade from now. Also, Zach Kane transferred to Temple from his prep school.
Jonny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2009, 03:33 PM    (permalink
JoeyJr09
Veteran

Current Mock Class:

RB-Darion Hall, Naples (FL) Lely
RB- Eduardo Clements, Miami (FL) Booker T Washington (4* Rivals250)
WR- Ivan McCartney, Miramar (FL) Miramar (4* Rivals100)
WR- Michael Lee Harris, Miami (FL) Northwestern (4* Rivals100)
TE- Zach Allen, Pahokee (FL) Pahokee
TE- Charles Fashaw, Miami (FL) Northwestern
TE- Lynden Trail, Miami (FL) Booker T Washington (4* Rivals250)
OL- Shane McDermott, Wellington (FL) Palm Beach Central
OL- Jonathan Feliciano, Davie (FL) Western
OL- Tavadis Glenn, Jacksonville (FL) Terry Parker (4* Rivals250)

OL- Brandon Linder, Ft Lauderdale (FL) St Thomas Aquinas (4* Rivals250)
OL- Torrian Wilson, Miami (FL) Northwestern (4* Rivals250)

DT- Todd Chandler, Miami (FL) Northwestern (4* Rivals250)
DT- Louis Nix, Jacksonville (FL) Raines HS (4* Rivals250)

DE-Corey Lemonier, Hialeah (FL) Hialeah (4* Rivals100)
LB- Jeff Luc, Port Saint Lucie (FL) Treasure Coast (5* Rivals100)
LB- Tyrone Cornelius, Stone Mountain (GA) Stephenson
LB- Alec Ogletree, Newnan (GA) Newnan (4* Rivals100)
CB- Demar Dorsey, Lauderdale Lakes (FL) Boyd Anderson (4* Rivals250)
CB- Sean Tapley, Jacksonville (FL) Raines
CB- Kambrel McGee, Miami (FL) Northwestern
S- Brian Robinson, Ft Lauderdale (FL) St Thomas Aquinas
K- Mike Palardy, Ft Lauderdale (FL) St Thomas Aquinas

Plus one of:

QB- Jeffery Godfrey, Miami (FL) Central (4* Rivals250)
QB- Jake Heaps, Sammamish (WA) Skyline (4* Rivals250)
QB- AJ Derby, Iowa City (IA) Iowa City (4* Rivals250)
QB- Turner Baty, Ft. Lauderdale (FL) St. Thomas Aquinas
QB- Michael Strauss, Miami (FL) Gulliver

That gives us 24 in this class. Just slightly over the 22 Hurtt said we are looking at. I say in the end they don't pass on taking a 3rd DL like Lemonier and I say they decide on taking a 2nd RB.

If for some reason we sign any more then that, I'd look for them to be at WR and LB. So Reese, Dunbar, Williams, and Taylor would be the most likely candidates at those spots.
Old 04-23-2009, 06:41 PM    (permalink
draftguru151
Legend

draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Allen Bailey 4.65 (40)
Allen Bailey 39 (vert)
Allen Bailey 405 (bench)
Allen Bailey 565 (squat)
Allen Bailey 375 (power clean)

Holy ****.

<njx9> <3 dg
Old 04-23-2009, 08:07 PM    (permalink
JoeyJr09
Veteran

I was more impressed by Harland Gunns numbers. How has this kid not been able to get on the field? He should be man handling some of these DTs.
Old 04-23-2009, 08:10 PM    (permalink
draftguru151
Legend

He really should be getting reps at center.

<njx9> <3 dg
Old 04-23-2009, 08:16 PM    (permalink
JoeyJr09
Veteran

Quote:
He really should be getting reps at center.
Rather kid Frank out to RT and move Gunn out to LG.

Trump will be fine at C for a year and I'd rather have Pipho off the bench as a swing/depth tackle then having to rely on Ben Jones or Jermaine Johnson right now.
Old 04-23-2009, 08:54 PM    (permalink
draftguru151
Legend

Fox/Washington/Gunn/Fig/Franklin :p

I'm fine with the way the OL is set up atm, just kinda worried about the 2010 season.

<njx9> <3 dg
Old 04-24-2009, 09:14 AM    (permalink
JoeyJr09
Veteran

The only position that worries me for 2010 is LT. I think we'll be much better and more importantly, much deeper along the line everywhere else next year.
Old 04-24-2009, 10:43 AM    (permalink
Larry121283
Rookie

Larry121283 is a cocksman.Larry121283 is a cocksman.Larry121283 is a cocksman.

Harland has been playing RG for two years working and prepping...he'll be fine, I think he gets good reps this year at RG.

Last I checked in, he tried center back in the day, but had trouble with snapping.

Fox / Jones or Johnson
Franklin / B-Wash
Trump or Horn
Figs or Gunn
Pipho or misc. player

Kinda worried about the right side, hoping Gunn steps up. I'm not a big Pipho fan, but he is kind of the default guy right now. Would hope one of those young bucks step up their game with the quickness over the summer.

Quote:
Current Mock Class:

RB-Darion Hall, Naples (FL) Lely
RB- Eduardo Clements, Miami (FL) Booker T Washington (4* Rivals250)
WR- Ivan McCartney, Miramar (FL) Miramar (4* Rivals100)
WR- Michael Lee Harris, Miami (FL) Northwestern (4* Rivals100)
TE- Zach Allen, Pahokee (FL) Pahokee
TE- Charles Fashaw, Miami (FL) Northwestern
TE- Lynden Trail, Miami (FL) Booker T Washington (4* Rivals250)
OL- Shane McDermott, Wellington (FL) Palm Beach Central
OL- Jonathan Feliciano, Davie (FL) Western
OL- Tavadis Glenn, Jacksonville (FL) Terry Parker (4* Rivals250)

OL- Brandon Linder, Ft Lauderdale (FL) St Thomas Aquinas (4* Rivals250)
OL- Torrian Wilson, Miami (FL) Northwestern (4* Rivals250)

DT- Todd Chandler, Miami (FL) Northwestern (4* Rivals250)
DT- Louis Nix, Jacksonville (FL) Raines HS (4* Rivals250)

DE-Corey Lemonier, Hialeah (FL) Hialeah (4* Rivals100)
LB- Jeff Luc, Port Saint Lucie (FL) Treasure Coast (5* Rivals100)
LB- Tyrone Cornelius, Stone Mountain (GA) Stephenson
LB- Alec Ogletree, Newnan (GA) Newnan (4* Rivals100)
CB- Demar Dorsey, Lauderdale Lakes (FL) Boyd Anderson (4* Rivals250)
CB- Sean Tapley, Jacksonville (FL) Raines
CB- Kambrel McGee, Miami (FL) Northwestern
S- Brian Robinson, Ft Lauderdale (FL) St Thomas Aquinas
K- Mike Palardy, Ft Lauderdale (FL) St Thomas Aquinas

Plus one of:

QB- Jeffery Godfrey, Miami (FL) Central (4* Rivals250)
QB- Jake Heaps, Sammamish (WA) Skyline (4* Rivals250)
QB- AJ Derby, Iowa City (IA) Iowa City (4* Rivals250)
QB- Turner Baty, Ft. Lauderdale (FL) St. Thomas Aquinas
QB- Michael Strauss, Miami (FL) Gulliver

That gives us 24 in this class. Just slightly over the 22 Hurtt said we are looking at. I say in the end they don't pass on taking a 3rd DL like Lemonier and I say they decide on taking a 2nd RB.

If for some reason we sign any more then that, I'd look for them to be at WR and LB. So Reese, Dunbar, Williams, and Taylor would be the most likely candidates at those spots.
JJ and myself have been riding the Darion Hall bandwagon. JJ pointed him out to me and I loved what I see. Don't forget about Tevin Drake. Kids film is nice and he is a guy that can pound, I think we need those types. Hall is a one-cut and go type. Big right now too, room to grow into that 6'1" 230 type. Clements is the APB as is Jak.

Sticks is my favorite WR in the class right now. Love what he does. Reminds me of Todd Pinkston in college. Grades though...gotta watch out for those. Harris is going to surprise some people this year...gotta remember he is still developing.

I think we have a chance with Demar Dorsey if we get on him and not think hope is lost. Lots of guys that know whats up with the gates seem to think he can be persuaded.

We'll see, still a long way to go.

Last edited by Larry121283 : 04-24-2009 at 10:45 AM.
Larry121283 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2009, 01:46 PM    (permalink
fresssh
Rookie

J Have u heard anything else on Dorsey that you got him in your mock, cus what I seen he doesnt sound that high on Miami. I seen how hes looking around cus hes worried about FLA's depth but for some reason didnt sound high on Mia, where at CB he would have the most opportunity. I really hope we can land him, hes one of my favorite recruits.
Old 04-24-2009, 01:52 PM    (permalink
etk
All-NFLDC

etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I like Bernard over Clements. IDK what the rage is about Clements...he looks like an average scat back to me. The only part of his game that's really impressive is his receiving ability.

Fox/Washington/Trump/Figueroa/Franklin
Pipho and Gunn for depth

4.23 for McGee is insane. I thought he was quicker than fast. That's like icing on the cake in terms of the tools he has to work with.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 04-24-2009, 01:56 PM    (permalink
TACKLE
All-NFLDC

TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Allen Bailey 4.65 (40)
Allen Bailey 39 (vert)
Allen Bailey 405 (bench)
Allen Bailey 565 (squat)
Allen Bailey 375 (power clean)

Holy ****.
Allen Bailey is a god.
Old 04-24-2009, 02:00 PM    (permalink
etk
All-NFLDC

The vertical is the number that makes me SMH. He's 290 lbs! I wanna see it on video.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 04-24-2009, 02:33 PM    (permalink
tolnaballa
Rookie

tolnaballa smells like sex panther.tolnaballa smells like sex panther.

I just seen that Terrence Mitchell is waiting for an offer on us? He said we haven't offered, but we were his favorite school growing up.

5'11" 160, Scout has him number 5 overall in CB's. Way to early to stay there because there projections aren't complete yet.

http://miami.scout.com/a.z?s=13&p=2&c=859151
tolnaballa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2009, 03:13 PM    (permalink
JoeyJr09
Veteran

tolnaballa: Mitchell is pretty much done to FSU at this point. Pretty sure he was really close to committing like 2 weeks ago.

fressh: Demar Dorsey is looking at us, FSU and Tennessee. Could end up at any of the 3. I know the staff likes him alot. Just a matter of getting in there and trying to close it. We have a real good relationship with Boyd Anderson HS.

etk: Clements is the number 1 rated back on our coaches board. And he's got alot more upside then Bernard.
Old 04-24-2009, 05:32 PM    (permalink
etk
All-NFLDC

Quote:

etk: Clements is the number 1 rated back on our coaches board. And he's got alot more upside then Bernard.
I know that....I've been keeping up with the updates. I just don't see him having the same impact as Bernard. Bernard is compact, cat-quick and has great vision. He's a very versatile back that can replace Cooper.

I have Clements below Bernard and our 2009 signees. There are a lot of things that bother me about him:

- height and weight....he's short and skinny
- runs tall and upright
- bends at the hips sometimes....reminds me of Jaamal Berry here
- good feet but doesn't make natural cuts and gets tangled/slows down to cut
- slows on contact

He's a very natural receiver and has good speed and explosion, but he's small for a RB and plays like a converted slot. I don't see him as much more than a potential KR/slot/3rd down back. TBH....FSU can have him. He fits in the mold of guys like Booker, Washington and Smith that did next to nothing for them.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 04-24-2009, 05:49 PM    (permalink
fresssh
Rookie

Quote:
tolnaballa: Mitchell is pretty much done to FSU at this point. Pretty sure he was really close to committing like 2 weeks ago.

fressh: Demar Dorsey is looking at us, FSU and Tennessee. Could end up at any of the 3. I know the staff likes him alot. Just a matter of getting in there and trying to close it. We have a real good relationship with Boyd Anderson HS.
Yea i Know i live like 5 minutes from their maybe il try to spot him and convince him to go to Mia lol. Hes definitely 1 of my favorite prospects. I got a few more questions tho.
Dior Mathis
Delvin Jones(Why the hell arent we recruiting him?)
Shariff Floyd (Just offered)
Perry Miklejohn

And are you that high on Robinson? The only ST. Thomas kids I really like are Joyner and Linder for the college level.
Old 04-24-2009, 08:25 PM    (permalink
etk
All-NFLDC

BAHHH you're crazy. Robinson is sick. Explosive in short-areas. Secure tackler that can lay the wood. Great range in run support. Decent zone coverage ability. He'll be a stud at SS.

I don't see what's not to like about Riggs or Bernard either.

sig by BoneKrusher