Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > College Football

College Football Discuss College Football

Old 04-24-2009, 09:36 PM    (permalink
Hollywood
Veteran

Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Man I agree with etk on this one again, I think we just have the same taste in RBs. First our Mike James love now this...but yea I'm not that high on Clements, he looks like a Mid Level BCS WR playing RB; I just don't see it with him and think he will be a huge bust at the next level.

I do think he ends up at UM though fwiw.
Hollywood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2009, 09:37 PM    (permalink
JoeyJr09
Veteran

JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fresssh View Post
Yea i Know i live like 5 minutes from their maybe il try to spot him and convince him to go to Mia lol. Hes definitely 1 of my favorite prospects. I got a few more questions tho.
Dior Mathis
Delvin Jones(Why the hell arent we recruiting him?)
Shariff Floyd (Just offered)
Perry Miklejohn

And are you that high on Robinson? The only ST. Thomas kids I really like are Joyner and Linder for the college level.
Mathis is gonna be a tough pull and he's somewhat back burner. Coaches want bigger CBs.

Delvin Jones has no chance of ever getting offered. Zero grades. Hugh ego.

Floyd is fairly new so I have to check what I can find but I doubt it give we alreayd have Glenn, Nix and Chandler.

Miklejohn is a backup. Linder and Wilson are the 2 final targets at OL and they both appear likely to end up here.
JoeyJr09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2009, 10:28 PM    (permalink
Larry121283
Rookie

Larry121283 is a cocksman.Larry121283 is a cocksman.Larry121283 is a cocksman.

I'll pretty much echo what Joey said.

Dior isnt a typical 'Cane corner, although I think his ball hawking could be nice as a nickel in our system. He is from Michigan's Miami Northwestern, so...take it FWIW. I think, while he likes the 'Canes a lot, he'll ultimately sign with the rest of his buddies in Michigan.

Delvin Jones probably won't get an offer. Even if he did, not sure if he'll come here. Grades are meh. I think he is a potential player though. Got a great body already (/nohomo).

Don't have much on Floyd.

Doubt PM gets an offer...we look real good on the OL right now with our potential class. McDermott, Feliciano, Glenn is a swing DT/OT, and Linder and Wilson fill out a fantastic local class. 3 guards, 1 C/LT and one RT/DT. Worst case is we didn't come away with any tackles, but we could possibly have two. You never know who else finds themselves in the fold, especially if you want to count Glenn as a DT.

One thing will be said for this class, we'll have quite a few versatile players that might be able to have looks at several positions.

An add on, that STA class has some real special players on it. Joyner is just an icing on the cake player, but you have to remember, Joyner hasn't played corner yet. It'll be interesting to see how he plays in that situation at STA. Cody Riggs is probably a better CORNER RIGHT NOW than Joyner, just because LJ has played linebacker (at Southwest they kept him close to the line) and Riggs is high end D1 talent. Gio Bernard is, too. His backup, James White has some real nice offers at BCS schools like Clemson and BC. Might make noise at that level. Brian Robinson is a REAL nice player. Real underrated considering the major studs at DB in the state this year. Considering Miami has focused on a lot of tweener strong side safeties lately, Robinson is a classic strong side type. Their QB, Turner Baty might be UM quality by the end of his senior year...we'll have our peepers on him all season. Vinny Mauro, their LB has mid D1 talent, but will probably go into the armed service (Navy, IIRC). Mikey Palardy is a top flight kicker and STA always puts out stud kickers. We are still kicking ourselves for missing out on Blair Walsh.

Last edited by Larry121283 : 04-24-2009 at 10:36 PM.
Larry121283 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2009, 09:08 AM    (permalink
etk
All-NFLDC

etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Clint Hurtt is the man. The last 2 answers in that Canesport III article....priceless.

sig by BoneKrusher
etk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2009, 10:22 AM    (permalink
draftguru151
:/
Legend

draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by etk View Post
Clint Hurtt is the man. The last 2 answers in that Canesport III article....priceless.
Haha that was great.

<Gaius_Baltar> That is correct comahan
<vidae> I ******* LOVE YOU DG
<njx9> <3 dg
draftguru151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2009, 10:04 PM    (permalink
katnip
Veteran

katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by draftguru151 View Post
Allen Bailey 4.65 (40)
Allen Bailey 39 (vert)
Allen Bailey 405 (bench)
Allen Bailey 565 (squat)
Allen Bailey 375 (power clean)

Holy ****.
can you post aldarius johnson & marcus forston numbers

Sig by, Hitman D
katnip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2009, 05:36 PM    (permalink
etk
All-NFLDC

etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by katnip View Post
can you post aldarius johnson & marcus forston numbers
Aldarius Johnson ran slow He's by far our slowest receiver (unless I'm forgetting someone). Marcus Forston had great numbers in the 40 and weight room. He's progressed a ton.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 04-29-2009, 06:07 PM    (permalink
fresssh
Rookie

fresssh is a cocksman.fresssh is a cocksman.fresssh is a cocksman.

Just saw clips of the Athens camp and Kenneth Ladler looked like a beast. I think we end up offering at the end and get all 3. If anybody has seen these clips can u tell me who the guy in the blue shorts that went up against Cornelius a few times is. Only seen like 7 clips of him but very impressive
fresssh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2009, 06:30 PM    (permalink
JoeyJr09
Veteran

JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

Quote:
Just saw clips of the Athens camp and Kenneth Ladler looked like a beast. I think we end up offering at the end and get all 3. If anybody has seen these clips can u tell me who the guy in the blue shorts that went up against Cornelius a few times is. Only seen like 7 clips of him but very impressive
Who dont you thing we get?

You always name these obscure kids that we barely talk to nd think we will end up with them.
Old 04-29-2009, 06:40 PM    (permalink
fresssh
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeyJr09 View Post
Who dont you thing we get?

You always name these obscure kids that we barely talk to nd think we will end up with them.
Not really. We need Cb's and were going after 2 of his teamates. They said that they all 3 wanted to play together. Dude looked impressive. OK big deal i asked about Rovonne Carter and RB Josey a long ass time ago. Just like I was asking about Luc before he blew up. Dude looks solid and I think we offer wuts the problem? Stop bustin my balls.

Last edited by fresssh : 04-29-2009 at 06:44 PM.
Old 04-29-2009, 06:47 PM    (permalink
JoeyJr09
Veteran

No problem.

I'm just saying. You need to stop drinking the your Kool-Aid. If you saw a clip and liked the kid then fine. We are all here to talk about that stuff.

But chill on the "I think they all get offers and come here" stuff when by all account we aren't even talking to Ladler all that much.

There will always be a surprise name or 2 and some late guys we offered at the end of a class. But by and large, the players we are after are all well known and well discussed on here and Ladler has never even been brought up once.
Old 04-29-2009, 06:52 PM    (permalink
fresssh
Rookie

Quote:
No problem.

I'm just saying. You need to stop drinking the your Kool-Aid. If you saw a clip and liked the kid then fine. We are all here to talk about that stuff.

But chill on the "I think they all get offers and come here" stuff when by all account we aren't even talking to Ladler all that much.

There will always be a surprise name or 2 and some late guys we offered at the end of a class. But by and large, the players we are after are all well known and well discussed on here and Ladler has never even been brought up once.
OK I got u, but this is the 1st time I said I think a guy ends up here. Some times I may bring up a name that u think is random, but its just a name I hear is connected to us in some way. Just like Sean Taylors cousin who by the way I hope we offer.
Old 04-29-2009, 06:55 PM    (permalink
fresssh
Rookie

Just saw Tevin Drakes tape and DAM I was impressed. I havent see Darion Halls, I dont have rivals if anybody has another link.

Wuts going on with that CB from Boyd Anderson?
Old 04-29-2009, 08:21 PM    (permalink
JoeyJr09
Veteran

Quote:
Just saw Tevin Drakes tape and DAM I was impressed. I havent see Darion Halls, I dont have rivals if anybody has another link.

Wuts going on with that CB from Boyd Anderson?
Boyd Anderson, Dorsey or Carter? I think we are viewing Carter as a backup. Dorsey is going to get recruited pretty hard coming up I think.

I havent seen Drake's tape but Hall's tape is damn good.
Old 04-29-2009, 08:26 PM    (permalink
thebow305
2009 NFL Mock Draft Champ
All-Pro

thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Anybody know anything about Sean Taylor's cuz that was on the main page? Will he get an offer and is he worth it?

Dolphins Dream Draft: 1. C.J. Mosley 2. Kelvin Benjamin 3. Ja'Wuan James 4. Brandon Thomas 5. Xavier Grimble 6. Tyler Gaffney 7. Ross Cockrell
thebow305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2009, 09:38 PM    (permalink
fresssh
Rookie

Quote:
Boyd Anderson, Dorsey or Carter? I think we are viewing Carter as a backup. Dorsey is going to get recruited pretty hard coming up I think.

I havent seen Drake's tape but Hall's tape is damn good.
Yea I was talking about Carter, I havent heard about him since the camp.

Watch that Drake tape. Hes the definition of a violent runner. I dont know what kind of competion he is going up against, but hes got that LB mentality.
Old 05-03-2009, 11:07 PM    (permalink
tolnaballa
Rookie

tolnaballa smells like sex panther.tolnaballa smells like sex panther.

Lets predict our next commit.....

I am tired of seeing the Canes forum being so slow.

I am going with McCartney
tolnaballa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2009, 11:22 PM    (permalink
JoeyJr09
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by tolnaballa View Post
Lets predict our next commit.....

I am tired of seeing the Canes forum being so slow.

I am going with McCartney
McCartney might be awhile but he's ours.

I'll say Sean Tapley.

But don't look for lot of early commits for our class. Seems like alot of the kids we are after are waiting until either the start of the football season or NSD to annouce.

But at least we'll have some signing day fun.
Old 05-04-2009, 12:27 AM    (permalink
fresssh
Rookie

Just offered CB Kacy Rodgers. Impressive height and offers. His dad is a o line coach for the Dolphins, which might help.

S Daunte Carr sounds like we would commit on the spot if we offered. Doubt we offer unless he blows up but even though were in GA good, its always nice to have another foot in their. Plus doesnt Gainesville Ga always have good recruits?
Old 05-04-2009, 01:20 AM    (permalink
JoeyJr09
Veteran

Quote:
Just offered CB Kacy Rodgers. Impressive height and offers. His dad is a o line coach for the Dolphins, which might help.

S Daunte Carr sounds like we would commit on the spot if we offered. Doubt we offer unless he blows up but even though were in GA good, its always nice to have another foot in their. Plus doesnt Gainesville Ga always have good recruits?
The chances of us pulling a kid from Southlake are extremely small. Very little chance there if any.

Carr could be possibly getting at look as a CB from our staff but won't get offered til later in the process. No way we take him as a S tho between Ogletree and Robinson being huge leans.

Oh and him being from Gainesville means nothing. Our staff isn't FSU, we don't offer kids that aren't our caliber just to get our foot in the door or to help us land other kids.
Old 05-04-2009, 01:31 AM    (permalink
fresssh
Rookie

Alrite. Whats the deal w/ Marvin Williams. I seen their was some article on rivals.
Old 05-04-2009, 08:58 AM    (permalink
etk
All-NFLDC

Darion Hall will make a decision sometime in August. Can't wait. I haven't seen tape of a better back so far this year. Him and Bernard would be perfect.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 05-04-2009, 09:47 AM    (permalink
JoeyJr09
Veteran

Quote:
Alrite. Whats the deal w/ Marvin Williams. I seen their was some article on rivals.
I assume you mean Marvin Robinson?

You can forget that one. Zero chance there.
Old 05-07-2009, 07:44 PM    (permalink
JoeyJr09
Veteran

New Mock Class:

QB- Brandon Hill, Audubon (NJ) Audubon (3*)
RB-Darion Hall, Naples (FL) Lely (3*)
RB- Eduardo Clements, Miami (FL) Booker T Washington (4* Rivals250)
WR- Ivan McCartney, Miramar (FL) Miramar (4* Rivals100)
WR- Michael Lee Harris, Miami (FL) Northwestern (4* Rivals100)
TE- Zach Allen, Pahokee (FL) Pahokee (3*)
TE- Charles Fashaw, Miami (FL) Northwestern (3*)
TE- Lynden Trail, Miami (FL) Booker T Washington (4* Rivals250)
OL- Shane McDermott, Wellington (FL) Palm Beach Central (3*)
OL- Jonathan Feliciano, Davie (FL) Western (3*)
OL- Tavadis Glenn, Jacksonville (FL) Terry Parker (4* Rivals250)

OL- Brandon Linder, Ft Lauderdale (FL) St Thomas Aquinas (4* Rivals250)
OL- Torrian Wilson, Miami (FL) Northwestern (4* Rivals250)

DT- Todd Chandler, Miami (FL) Northwestern (4* Rivals250)
DT- Louis Nix, Jacksonville (FL) Raines HS (4* Rivals250)

DE-Corey Lemonier, Hialeah (FL) Hialeah (4* Rivals100)
LB- Jeff Luc, Port Saint Lucie (FL) Treasure Coast (5* Rivals100)
LB- Tyrone Cornelius, Stone Mountain (GA) Stephenson (3*)
LB- Alec Ogletree, Newnan (GA) Newnan (4* Rivals100)
CB- Demar Dorsey, Lauderdale Lakes (FL) Boyd Anderson (4* Rivals250)
CB- Sean Tapley, Jacksonville (FL) Raines (3*)
CB- Travis Bell, Belle Glades (FL) Glades Central (NR)
S- Brian Robinson, Ft Lauderdale (FL) St Thomas Aquinas (4*)
K- Mike Palardy, Ft Lauderdale (FL) St Thomas Aquinas

I will admit to being extremely iffy on Jeff Luc (FSU), Eduardo Clements (UGA) and Zach Allen (WF) but I feel pretty good about the rest.

Also feel real good about landing Shawn Corker and Michael Taylor but I'm just not seeing room ATM. I guess if we back off Allen then we'll take Corker and Taylor is the plan B to Luc.

Anyways, Rivals shafts us in the rankings as always. Miami guys fav about Riggs, he doesnt get ranked. He says ND leads and suddenly, he's a top 50. Typical. All the Gator targets are top 50. All our targets are 5.7 3* guys. The bias is clear as day.

Here are the rest of the targets:

QB- Jeffery Godfrey, Miami (FL) Central (4* Rivals250)
QB- Jake Heaps, Sammamish (WA) Skyline (4* Rivals250)
QB- AJ Derby, Iowa City (IA) Iowa City (4* Rivals250)
QB- Turner Baty, Ft. Lauderdale (FL) St. Thomas Aquinas (3*)
QB- Michael Strauss, Miami (FL) Gulliver (3*)
RB- Jahkari Gore, Miami (FL) Columbus (4* Rivals250)
RB- Giovanni Bernard, Ft Lauderdale (FL) St Thomas Aquinas (4* Rivals250)
RB- Tevin Drake, Brooksville (FL) Nature Coast (3*)
TE- Kevin Haplea, Annandale (NJ) North Hunterdon Reg (3*)
WR- Quinton Dunbar, Miami (FL) Booker T Washington (4* Rivals250)
WR- Joshua Reese, Miami (FL) Central (4* Rivals250)
WR- Shawn Corker, Ft Lauderdale (FL) Cardinal Gibbons (3*)
OL- Jonathan Ragoo, Opa Locka (FL) Monsignor Pace (3*)
OL- Jose Jose, Miami (FL) Booker T Washington (3*)
OL- Evan Washington, DeSoto (TX) DeSoto (4* Rivals250)
DE- Ego Ferguson, Frederick (MD) St John’s Catholic Prep (4* Rivals100)
LB- Chase Williams, Leesburg (VA) Loudoun County (3*)
LB- Brandon Smith, Columbus (GA) Carver (3*)
LB- Michael Taylor, Atlanta (GA) Westlake (3*)
CB- Tony Grimes, Hollywood (FL) Hollywood Hills (3*)
CB- Terrence Brooks, Dunnellon (FL) Dunnellon (NR)
CB- Penial Jean, Wellington (FL) Palm Beach Central (3*)
CB- Khalid Marshall, Miami (FL) Northwestern (NR)
CB- Dior Mathis, Detroit (MI) Cass Tech (4* Rivals250)
CB- Jeremy Davis, Fort Myers (FL) Fort Myers (NR)
CB- Kambrel McGee, Miami (FL) Northwestern (3*)
Old 05-07-2009, 09:52 PM    (permalink
etk
All-NFLDC

It seems like there's been a lot of movement in the QB and CB spots every time you post one of these. Care to explain what's the latest?

sig by BoneKrusher