Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > College Football

College Football Discuss College Football

Old 05-08-2009, 12:03 AM    (permalink
fresssh
Rookie

fresssh is a cocksman.fresssh is a cocksman.fresssh is a cocksman.

I seen Sean Tapley say were recruiting him as a WR. Glad to see you have Travis Bell on their. Next player I would like to see us offer in Tony Grimes. Real phyisical CB, and looks like hes got nice coverage skills and hands.
fresssh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2009, 08:22 AM    (permalink
JoeyJr09
Veteran

JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

Yea, but there's alot of kids that say we are recruiting them for position that we really aren't.

All I've seen suggests we are willing to take Tapley as a CB alone, because we are aiming higher for WR.

Not counting on Grimes. From what I've heard, he's looking to get away from home. He actually wants to play with Joyner at FSU or OSU if he gets the chance. He has been begging for that Miami offer tho.

Lots of new offers going out to CB and QBs lately. I think those are the positions of worry for the staff. They are trying to find the guys they like and are trying to see who has the legit interest back. It should become much more clear in the next month after the eval period.

The rest of the positions have a pretty solid target list of guys already.
JoeyJr09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2009, 08:28 PM    (permalink
JoeyJr09
Veteran

JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

Don't know if anyone follows Basketball. But looks like we landed Brandon Knight.

Also, lots of rumors that Wylie is transferring. Will open up more ships for the 2010 class if so. I like Wylie but he isn't anyone Ill lose sleep over. He's deep in the depth chart behind Nicolas, Maque, Phillips, Ray Ray, and even Jared Campbell. Plus it's looking like we got Brian Robinson coming in.
Old 05-12-2009, 08:31 PM    (permalink
sbh15
2010 NFL Mock Draft Champ
All-Pro

sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeyJr09 View Post
Don't know if anyone follows Basketball. But looks like we landed Brandon Knight.

Also, lots of rumors that Wylie is transferring. Will open up more ships for the 2010 class if so. I like Wylie but he isn't anyone Ill lose sleep over. He's deep in the depth chart behind Nicolas, Maque, Phillips, Ray Ray, and even Jared Campbell. Plus it's looking like we got Brian Robinson coming in.
There's no way... Brandon Knight is about as strong to Florida as you can get from everything I've ever heard, though I do only follow BBall recruiting mildly. It could be a mistake with the name or a different Brandon Knight, I don't know.
sbh15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2009, 10:39 PM    (permalink
JoeyJr09
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbh15 View Post
There's no way... Brandon Knight is about as strong to Florida as you can get from everything I've ever heard, though I do only follow BBall recruiting mildly. It could be a mistake with the name or a different Brandon Knight, I don't know.
I can promise you are wrong on that one.

Brandon Knight has been considered a Miami lean for a long time and one of the more reliable posters on our site says he committed to coaches today (silently).

You have to have him mistaken him with someone else. Knight has been all Cane for awhile.

Also, John Wall has supposedly named us and Kentucky his final 2.
Old 05-12-2009, 10:53 PM    (permalink
etk
All-NFLDC

etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

No Jeremy Davis talk?

Love his film. All Cane. PBuc's half-brother.

sig by BoneKrusher
etk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2009, 12:46 AM    (permalink
JoeyJr09
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by etk View Post
No Jeremy Davis talk?

Love his film. All Cane. PBuc's half-brother.
It's in the Recruiting Thread.
Old 05-13-2009, 12:01 PM    (permalink
thebow305
2009 NFL Mock Draft Champ
All-Pro

thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I can promise you are wrong on that one.

Brandon Knight has been considered a Miami lean for a long time and one of the more reliable posters on our site says he committed to coaches today (silently).

You have to have him mistaken him with someone else. Knight has been all Cane for awhile.

Also, John Wall has supposedly named us and Kentucky his final 2.
Wow... this is the first I have heard about Knight! That is amazing! I have known about Wall's interest for a while now, but that's still great to hear.

Just wow... Frank Haith doin big things for the 305 right now.

Dolphins Dream Draft: 1. C.J. Mosley 2. Kelvin Benjamin 3. Ja'Wuan James 4. Brandon Thomas 5. Xavier Grimble 6. Tyler Gaffney 7. Ross Cockrell
thebow305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2009, 03:03 PM    (permalink
fresssh
Rookie

Recruiting starting to look better. Really like Jeremy Davis. Real nice speed.

RB Ken Malcome just said that were real close to the top of his list, really like this 1. Offered 2 of his teamate too TJ Stripling and Jonathan Mincy.

Wut did rivals say about Shaun Lewis?
Old 05-13-2009, 04:25 PM    (permalink
JoeyJr09
Veteran

Lewis is a backburner option IMO. Too many other LBs on the board ahead of him.

Malcome seems a backup plan as well. Hall, Drake, Clements, Bernard all above him. Have to think we get 2 of those.

Stripling is a losing battle, not sure on Mincy.

Also hearing good things on Dallas Lloyd. He seems to be our sure fire number 1 QB target ATM. Gonna be a tough pull from BYU tho. But hey, ND pulled Te'o last year.

Also QB Brandon Hill is begging our coaches for an offer. So worst case, we land him. He seems pretty solid.
Old 05-13-2009, 04:32 PM    (permalink
fresssh
Rookie

Quote:
Lewis is a backburner option IMO. Too many other LBs on the board ahead of him.

Malcome seems a backup plan as well. Hall, Drake, Clements, Bernard all above him. Have to think we get 2 of those.

Stripling is a losing battle, not sure on Mincy.

Also hearing good things on Dallas Lloyd. He seems to be our sure fire number 1 QB target ATM. Gonna be a tough pull from BYU tho. But hey, ND pulled Te'o last year.

Also QB Brandon Hill is begging our coaches for an offer. So worst case, we land him. He seems pretty solid.
I really like Malcome. I havent seen Hall's tape, but I like Malcome's a lot better then those other guys, even though I do like Drake. Im not crazy about Clements at all.
Old 05-13-2009, 05:45 PM    (permalink
JoeyJr09
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by fresssh View Post
I really like Malcome. I havent seen Hall's tape, but I like Malcome's a lot better then those other guys, even though I do like Drake. Im not crazy about Clements at all.
Hall is a Mike James clone.

Clements has the most potential of the entire group and is hands down our number 1 target at the position.

If those 2 come, you can forget Malcome.
Old 05-13-2009, 08:19 PM    (permalink
etk
All-NFLDC

etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Hall is a Mike James clone.

Clements has the most potential of the entire group and is hands down our number 1 target at the position.

If those 2 come, you can forget Malcome.
Hall is better than James imo. James might outgrow the position or grow to a less than ideal weight and stay at the position. Hall is the perfect size with breakaway speed and explosion. James is a better inside runner but Hall has greater overall potential.

I agree on Clements, but Joey's telling the truth when he says he's our top target. I wanna see us get Bernard or Clements and I won't be upset with either as both have nice change-of-pace ability. Clements is a great receiver and open-field threat while Bernard is slippery and elusive.

If Hall and Brian Robinson are wrapped up like everyone says....I'm happy with the class no matter what.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 05-13-2009, 09:49 PM    (permalink
JoeyJr09
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by etk View Post
Hall is better than James imo. James might outgrow the position or grow to a less than ideal weight and stay at the position. Hall is the perfect size with breakaway speed and explosion. James is a better inside runner but Hall has greater overall potential.

I agree on Clements, but Joey's telling the truth when he says he's our top target. I wanna see us get Bernard or Clements and I won't be upset with either as both have nice change-of-pace ability. Clements is a great receiver and open-field threat while Bernard is slippery and elusive.

If Hall and Brian Robinson are wrapped up like everyone says....I'm happy with the class no matter what.
I've heard Hall is a silent. Robinson is a lean but not done.

I've heard McCartney and Lemonier are done tho.
Old 05-13-2009, 09:50 PM    (permalink
BigJohn98
Pro Bowler

BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Joey, give an early prediction of Labor Day night.
BigJohn98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2009, 10:10 PM    (permalink
djp
Team Leader
Icon

djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJohn98 View Post
Joey, give an early prediction of Labor Day night.
Not Joey, but I think it's going to be damn close, but I'll go 17-14 Miami
Old 05-13-2009, 10:49 PM    (permalink
draftguru151
:/
Legend

draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

45-0 UM, at least.

<Gaius_Baltar> That is correct comahan
<vidae> I ******* LOVE YOU DG
<njx9> <3 dg
draftguru151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2009, 10:08 AM    (permalink
JoeyJr09
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by djp View Post
Not Joey, but I think it's going to be damn close, but I'll go 17-14 Miami
I think it'll be close as well. Little more high scoring tho. I'll say something like 28-24 Miami.

I just think we match up too well with FSU at this point early in the season.

With the questions about their pass rush will really help out our OL and our WRs (which are the best in the ACC) match up extremely well against all the issues FSU has at CB. So we should put up some points.

And then our biggest weak spot on defense is our CBs and FSU has zero WRs going into that game that they can count on.

FSU's weakness just line up so perfectly for us especially during the 1st game of the year, so I think we should take a close one.

We'll have an easier time exploiting their issues then they will have exploiting ours IMO.

Plus the last few years, we've been trading wins. FSU got last year. This year it's Miami.
Old 05-14-2009, 04:58 PM    (permalink
etk
All-NFLDC

I don't think FSU will be able to score much on us. I expect our defense to take a huge step forward this year and we will have more speed to contain their only offensive threat (Ponder's feet). Our offense will have hiccups but will benefit from good field position. Bosher will knock some FGs.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 05-19-2009, 09:36 AM    (permalink
JoeyJr09
Veteran

Did a serious re-vamping of my class prediction. Just wasn't comfortable with some of my picks last time. Feel much better about this one.

QB- Brandon Hill, Audubon (NJ) Audubon (3*)
RB-Darion Hall, Naples (FL) Lely (3*)
RB- Tevin Drake, Brooksville (FL) Nature Coast (3*)
WR- Ivan McCartney, Miramar (FL) Miramar (4* Rivals100)
WR- Michael Lee Harris, Miami (FL) Northwestern (4* Rivals100)
WR- Shawn Corker, Ft Lauderdale (FL) Cardinal Gibbons (3*)
TE- Lynden Trail, Miami (FL) Booker T Washington (4* Rivals250)
TE- Kevin Haplea, Annandale (NJ) North Hunterdon Reg (3*)
OL- Shane McDermott, Wellington (FL) Palm Beach Central (3*)
OL- Jonathan Feliciano, Davie (FL) Western (3*)
OL- Tavadis Glenn, Jacksonville (FL) Terry Parker (4* Rivals250)

OL- Brandon Linder, Ft Lauderdale (FL) St Thomas Aquinas (4* Rivals250)
OL- Tramell Williams, Jacksonville (FL) Robert E. Lee (3*)

DT- Todd Chandler, Miami (FL) Northwestern (4* Rivals250)
DT- Louis Nix, Jacksonville (FL) Raines HS (4* Rivals250)

DE-Corey Lemonier, Hialeah (FL) Hialeah (4* Rivals100)
LB- Michael Taylor, Atlanta (GA) Westlake (3*)
LB- Tyrone Cornelius, Stone Mountain (GA) Stephenson (3*)
LB- Alec Ogletree, Newnan (GA) Newnan (4* Rivals100)
CB- Jeremy Davis, Fort Myers (FL) Fort Myers (NR)
CB- Sean Tapley, Jacksonville (FL) Raines (3*)
CB- Darius Robinson, Atlanta (GA) Westlake (3*)
S- Brian Robinson, Ft Lauderdale (FL) St Thomas Aquinas (4*)
K- Mike Palardy, Ft Lauderdale (FL) St Thomas Aquinas

Other Options:

QB- AJ Derby, Iowa City (IA) Iowa City (4* Rivals250) IOWA
QB- Dallas Lloyd, Pleasant Grove (UT) Pleasant Grove (3*) BYU
RB- Giovanni Bernard, Ft Lauderdale (FL) St Thomas Aquinas (4* Rivals250) OSU
RB- Eduardo Clements, Miami (FL) Booker T Washington (4* Rivals250) FSU
RB- Kendrun Malcome, Decatur (GA) Southwest Dekalb (3*) UGA
TE- Zach Allen, Pahokee (FL) Pahokee (3*) WAKE
WR- Joshua Reese, Miami (FL) Central (4* Rivals250) FSU
OL- Evan Washington, DeSoto (TX) DeSoto (4* Rivals250) LSU
OL- Torrian Wilson, Miami (FL) Northwestern (4* Rivals250) MICHIGAN
LB- Chase Williams, Leesburg (VA) Loudoun County (3*) LSU
LB- Jeff Luc, Port Saint Lucie (FL) Treasure Coast (5* Rivals100) FSU
CB- Tony Grimes, Hollywood (FL) Hollywood Hills (3*) OOS
CB- Keion Payne, Ft Lauderdale (FL) St Thomas Aquinas (3*) FSU
CB- Jonathan Mincy, Decatur (GA) Southwest Dekalb (3*) UGA
CB- Demar Dorsey, Lauderdale Lakes (FL) Boyd Anderson (4* Rivals250) UT

Feel least confident about Haplea and Trail but the TEs gotta come from somewhere.
Old 05-19-2009, 10:34 AM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
OL- Torrian Wilson, Miami (FL) Northwestern (4* Rivals250) MICHIGAN
En serio???
Sniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2009, 01:06 PM    (permalink
fresssh
Rookie

Wow if thats going to be our class, we really need to pick it up. Shannon has been talking about this class for a couple years, and based on that we would finish behind Florida and Fla St. Not liking that class at all. Maybe if we have a good year recruiting will turn around.
Old 05-19-2009, 04:08 PM    (permalink
JoeyJr09
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by fresssh View Post
Wow if thats going to be our class, we really need to pick it up. Shannon has been talking about this class for a couple years, and based on that we would finish behind Florida and Fla St. Not liking that class at all. Maybe if we have a good year recruiting will turn around.
What exactly is wrong with that class?

I think it's pretty damn good.

Don't start looking at all the 3*s and think we are missing guys. Rivals ranmkings this year as about as bad as I've ever seen them and even the Rivals guys admit that there's will likely be 20 more 5*s (including Ogletree) and 100 more 4*s (including guys like Taylor, Corker, Hall, Robinson, Cornelius) that have not been evaluated fully yet.

Just watch the film, not the rankings. I've checked out pretty much all the kids on the list save to Tramell, Drake and 2-3 others and I have zero problem with that class. Those kids all look like players to me.

BTW...I dare someone to find a better type then Michael Taylor at LB. He's got the most impressive LB tape in this class. Better then Luc. Rivals is just sleeping thru the process this year.
Old 05-19-2009, 07:13 PM    (permalink
fresssh
Rookie

Quote:
What exactly is wrong with that class?

I think it's pretty damn good.

Don't start looking at all the 3*s and think we are missing guys. Rivals ranmkings this year as about as bad as I've ever seen them and even the Rivals guys admit that there's will likely be 20 more 5*s (including Ogletree) and 100 more 4*s (including guys like Taylor, Corker, Hall, Robinson, Cornelius) that have not been evaluated fully yet.

Just watch the film, not the rankings. I've checked out pretty much all the kids on the list save to Tramell, Drake and 2-3 others and I have zero problem with that class. Those kids all look like players to me.

BTW...I dare someone to find a better type then Michael Taylor at LB. He's got the most impressive LB tape in this class. Better then Luc. Rivals is just sleeping thru the process this year.
Im just comparing it to FSU and FLA. That trio in S.C. is favoring Fla St. Luc, Joyner, and it just seems like them and Florida(For their system) are getting the more elite guys. I seen that Fla St. is still in it for Ogletree.

There are some things that I do really like on that list though. I love all 3 of those CB's but I would really like to add 1 more to that list. I was really hoping for Wilson and thought Tramell Williams was more of a backup. Id only like 2 WR's and im only crazy about Ivan on that list. Im just as high on Taylor as u, but I would definitley like to add 1 LB to that list, 2 if Ogletree will play Safety. If Ogletree plays LB Id want Travis Bell.I would like to add another DT and DE to that too, theirs just so much talent their to pass up.

We are still in it for a lot of elite players, and like always once they visit a lot of things wil change. Im still waiting to be shocked and getting a Gholston or some other top guys. I wonder where we sit for Shariff Floyd.
Old 05-19-2009, 09:17 PM    (permalink
JoeyJr09
Veteran

Eh, your going off the rankings.

Louis Nix and Todd Chandler are better then Shariff Floyd. Just because rivals is ******** and ranked them low you think we aren't getting elite prospects? I've seen Nix ranked in the top 10-20 on tons of smaller sites if it makes you feel better.

Also, stop comparing to what other teams do and worry about what we do. We are bringing in talent that fits us. I dunno if you've noticed but alot of the kids we are on are kids with big time film and no name. We havent been targeting the list guys like Coker used to do. We've been going after the guys we like and getting them.

Lastly, I'm sure you've seen Clint Hurtt's recruiting breakdown as are as the positions we are taking this year. So if your hoping for another DT, another DE, another LB and another CB on top of what I've got up there, your gonna be severly letdown. I've already got us taking more then Hurtt said we would.

Tramell is getting alot of buzz and people (UF and FSU included since you wanna compare) are all over him the last month. He's got huge upside.

Don't buy FSU being in it for Ogletree. They are desperate for him and had to offer his twin bro (who sucks BTW) just to try to hang with us. The only threat to Ogletree for us is UGA.

I just don't see how anyone can be dissppointed with what we are doing. Last year people were begging for a big time DT and a big tip OT. Well now we got Nix, Chandler and Glenn in the fold and people are let down.

Some people just can't be pleased I guess.