Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > College Football

College Football Discuss College Football

Old 05-19-2009, 08:24 PM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Joey, what made you change your mind about Torrian Wilson? A couple of days ago, you said he'd be going to Miami in the end.
Sniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2009, 08:59 PM    (permalink
JoeyJr09
Veteran

JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniper View Post
Joey, what made you change your mind about Torrian Wilson? A couple of days ago, you said he'd be going to Miami in the end.
If we push for him, he'll be at Miami.

But coaches feel that players from MNW have been pretty overrated because of that 08 class. Guys like McCaskill (09), Marshall (10), Lamb (10), Gaitor (10) and Fashaw (10) have yet to even sniff an offer and guys like Wilson (10) and McGee (10) have been pretty lightly recruited.

Most insiders feel that coaches have already sealed up the only can't miss from MNW this year (Todd Chandler) and the only other guy we feel is really truly Cane material is Michaelee Harris who has been recruited steadily.

It could all change fast but we only got 2 more spots left in our OL class and guys like Linder, Williams and Ragoo are all considered Miami leans. Wilson looks like he's gonna get left in the dust by us and if he doesn't end up here, I'd beat alot of money he ends up at Michigan.
JoeyJr09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2009, 12:32 AM    (permalink
fresssh
Rookie

fresssh is a cocksman.fresssh is a cocksman.fresssh is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeyJr09 View Post
Eh, your going off the rankings.

Louis Nix and Todd Chandler are better then Shariff Floyd. Just because rivals is ******** and ranked them low you think we aren't getting elite prospects? I've seen Nix ranked in the top 10-20 on tons of smaller sites if it makes you feel better.

Also, stop comparing to what other teams do and worry about what we do. We are bringing in talent that fits us. I dunno if you've noticed but alot of the kids we are on are kids with big time film and no name. We havent been targeting the list guys like Coker used to do. We've been going after the guys we like and getting them.

Lastly, I'm sure you've seen Clint Hurtt's recruiting breakdown as are as the positions we are taking this year. So if your hoping for another DT, another DE, another LB and another CB on top of what I've got up there, your gonna be severly letdown. I've already got us taking more then Hurtt said we would.

Tramell is getting alot of buzz and people (UF and FSU included since you wanna compare) are all over him the last month. He's got huge upside.

Don't buy FSU being in it for Ogletree. They are desperate for him and had to offer his twin bro (who sucks BTW) just to try to hang with us. The only threat to Ogletree for us is UGA.

I just don't see how anyone can be dissppointed with what we are doing. Last year people were begging for a big time DT and a big tip OT. Well now we got Nix, Chandler and Glenn in the fold and people are let down.

Some people just can't be pleased I guess.
I dont go off rankings at all. I told u how much I loved Drake who is only a 3 star. I was also the 1 who brought up Mike Taylor a hundred times (when u told me we had higher guys on the board) and Malcome who are both 3 stars. And said how much I like Cornelius, and Travis Bell(Who is not even ranked) and how im not high on Clements.

LMAO Wut r u talking about? I never put down Nix or Chandler at all.I actually thought their were 1 and 2 at their position. All I said was as many prospects as we are linked to at the DT and DE positon I would like to add 1 more. I would like Trailer as a DE and 1 more DT for depth.

Im always going to compare us to the in state schools cus im tired of being the 3rd best team in the state. In my eyes guys like Joyner and Luc are huge difference makers, and its in their film not their rankings.

Yes I seen Clints breakdown and he said 4 CB's just like I did and he said at least 3 LB's, and only 2 WR's like I said.

Iv been hearing Shannon talk about this class for a couple years, the same amount of time I hearing Pat Riley talk about 2010, so yes I am expecting this to be the big year. Shannon has been saying over and over how this year is better the 2008 so thats what im expecting.
fresssh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2009, 12:41 AM    (permalink
fresssh
Rookie

On a side note, where did u hear that FSU leads for Luc? Everything I seen says we are the leaders. Iv even see people on almost 10 different sites say he is a silent to us, which im obvioulsy not buying.
Old 05-20-2009, 09:16 AM    (permalink
JoeyJr09
Veteran

JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

Clints breaksdown didn't say 4 CBs. It's says 4 DBs.

That's 3 CBs plus and safety.

I haven't seen anything that says we lead for Luc for months. FSU has been the school talked about most with him for over a month now.
Old 05-20-2009, 04:09 PM    (permalink
djp
Team Leader
Icon

djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Last post before 10,000 goes here ... it's great to be a Miami Hurricane!

Can't wait for Labor Day.
Old 05-20-2009, 04:44 PM    (permalink
BaLLiN
2014 Mock Draft Champion
All-Pro

BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

BTW there seems to be a good chance that Bruce Johnson makes the giants. I really didnt like him a whole lot at the U, thought he was good but not someone that shot out at you.

Sig by BK <3

Jerry Reese is sooo Dreamy <3333

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniper
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thumper's Rep Comment
I ****** hate you, stupid *** smd
Greatest. Rep. Comment. EVER! You're not 12 or anything.
Philadelphia, the city of brotherly love (:
BaLLiN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2009, 07:19 PM    (permalink
JoeyJr09
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaLLiN72 View Post
BTW there seems to be a good chance that Bruce Johnson makes the giants. I really didnt like him a whole lot at the U, thought he was good but not someone that shot out at you.
What the hell is he doing to make the Giants? Dont they have good CBs already?

Bruce Johnson sucks pretty bad.
Old 05-21-2009, 07:26 PM    (permalink
BaLLiN
2014 Mock Draft Champion
All-Pro

BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
What the hell is he doing to make the Giants? Dont they have good CBs already?

Bruce Johnson sucks pretty bad.
apparently we like him for two reasons, one he has good man to man skills (average-above average) and he is a quick speedy guy unlike what we have besides Ross.

Sig by BK <3

Jerry Reese is sooo Dreamy <3333

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniper
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thumper's Rep Comment
I ****** hate you, stupid *** smd
Greatest. Rep. Comment. EVER! You're not 12 or anything.
Philadelphia, the city of brotherly love (:
BaLLiN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2009, 08:27 PM    (permalink
JoeyJr09
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaLLiN72 View Post
apparently we like him for two reasons, one he has good man to man skills (average-above average) and he is a quick speedy guy unlike what we have besides Ross.
He can cover as well as anyone in the draft. As along as the WR is no bigger then Steve Smith.
Old 05-21-2009, 09:35 PM    (permalink
TACKLE
All-NFLDC

TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
He can cover as well as anyone in the draft. As along as the WR is no bigger then Steve Smith.
Haha, so true. Bruce Johnson won't be able to handle big physical WR's at all.

Also, check out the new sig!
Old 05-22-2009, 10:28 AM    (permalink
thebow305
2009 NFL Mock Draft Champ
All-Pro

thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TACKLE View Post
Haha, so true. Bruce Johnson won't be able to handle big physical WR's at all.

Also, check out the new sig!
Love it! Bailey's gonna be a monster this year!

... Oh, and Bruce is a joke.

Dolphins Dream Draft: 1. C.J. Mosley 2. Kelvin Benjamin 3. Ja'Wuan James 4. Brandon Thomas 5. Xavier Grimble 6. Tyler Gaffney 7. Ross Cockrell
thebow305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2009, 07:14 PM    (permalink
Thumper
Pro Bowler

Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

How good is the middle of the defensive line going to be? Marcus Forston combined with Allen Bailey. Ouch, I would hate to be the opposing QB.

Also who are some of the prospects at The U? I know about the big guys like Sean Spence, Jason Fox, Bailey, Forston and Aldarius Johnson. But who are some of the safties and linebackers that are looking good (interested in those two due to school pedigree)?

Sorry if I seem like a noob.
Thumper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2009, 07:42 AM    (permalink
JoeyJr09
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thumper View Post
How good is the middle of the defensive line going to be? Marcus Forston combined with Allen Bailey. Ouch, I would hate to be the opposing QB.

Also who are some of the prospects at The U? I know about the big guys like Sean Spence, Jason Fox, Bailey, Forston and Aldarius Johnson. But who are some of the safties and linebackers that are looking good (interested in those two due to school pedigree)?

Sorry if I seem like a noob.
Not sure Aldarius is gonna be a great pro prospect. LaRon Byrd is gonna be the biggest WR prospect for us if he keep developing the way he is.

Of the JRs and SR, Jason Fox, Allen Bailey, Colin McCarthy, Orlando Franklin, Craig Cooper, Javarris James, and Joel Figeroa seem like the only sure bets to get drafted. Outside shot Darryl Sharpton or DeMarcus Van Dyke do as well.

Of the SO, Marcus Forston, LaRon Byrd, Travis Benjamin, Aldarius Johnson, Adewale Ojomo, Marcus Robinson, Sean Spence, Arthur Brown, Cookie Buchanan, Jacory Harris, Vaughn Telemaque, Brandon Harris are the more notable names that seem like they in line to get drafted if they keep developing. Then there's also guys like CJ Holton, Theron Collier, Kendal Thompskins, Micanor Regis, Andrew Smith and a couple others that could get drafted if they work their way onto the field because the physical ability is there.

Obviously it's still way early for even the SOs as they've only been playing college ball for a year so I wont even bother getting into the FR.
Old 05-25-2009, 12:08 PM    (permalink
fresssh
Rookie

What going on with Darrius Millines. Looks like Jeremy Davis, and Id really like to add him if he can play CB. Hes got good hieght and real good speed. A while back he said Miami is the school hes going to if we offer.
Old 05-25-2009, 08:08 PM    (permalink
JoeyJr09
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by fresssh View Post
What going on with Darrius Millines. Looks like Jeremy Davis, and Id really like to add him if he can play CB. Hes got good hieght and real good speed. A while back he said Miami is the school hes going to if we offer.
If I had a dime for every time I heard that he it never happened....

FWIW, I don't think we offer.
Old 05-25-2009, 11:40 PM    (permalink
garrard9
Rookie

garrard9 could make a wolverine purr.garrard9 could make a wolverine purr.garrard9 could make a wolverine purr.garrard9 could make a wolverine purr.garrard9 could make a wolverine purr.garrard9 could make a wolverine purr.

Hopefully this hasn't been discussed but I have been keenly aware of WR Tommy Streeter. He seems to have the physical gifts. What are the expectations of Canes fans for him?

sig by jkpigskin
garrard9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2009, 12:33 AM    (permalink
thebow305
All-Pro

thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by garrard9 View Post
Hopefully this hasn't been discussed but I have been keenly aware of WR Tommy Streeter. He seems to have the physical gifts. What are the expectations of Canes fans for him?
I expect a modest first year of roughly 7,500 yards and 50 touchdowns, First Team All-American, First Team All-ACC, and the Heisman Trophy firmly retired in his name.

As well as a successful challenge of the NFL's underclassman eligibility ruling, allowing him to enter as a Redshirt Freshman and consequently named as the #1 overall pick of the 2010 draft.

But hey, I hope I'm not selling him too short here... :)

(Seriously though, I do expect a solid year from Streeter. He should be very much in the rotation, maybe even a starter by midway if he can show that big play ability in-season.)

Dolphins Dream Draft: 1. C.J. Mosley 2. Kelvin Benjamin 3. Ja'Wuan James 4. Brandon Thomas 5. Xavier Grimble 6. Tyler Gaffney 7. Ross Cockrell
Old 05-26-2009, 01:10 AM    (permalink
fresssh
Rookie

Just found out we offered Millines last Tuesday. Really like him if he can play CB. Hes starting to get recruited hard though by Florida. Bama has already offered.

Offered David Perry.
Old 05-26-2009, 07:11 AM    (permalink
JoeyJr09
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebow305 View Post
I expect a modest first year of roughly 7,500 yards and 50 touchdowns, First Team All-American, First Team All-ACC, and the Heisman Trophy firmly retired in his name.

As well as a successful challenge of the NFL's underclassman eligibility ruling, allowing him to enter as a Redshirt Freshman and consequently named as the #1 overall pick of the 2010 draft.

But hey, I hope I'm not selling him too short here... :)

(Seriously though, I do expect a solid year from Streeter. He should be very much in the rotation, maybe even a starter by midway if he can show that big play ability in-season.)
Ill be surprised if he sees the field as anything more then mop up this year. He's not physically ready yet. He's thinner then Jacory. Plus hes buried pretty deep on the depth chart and done nothing to move up it to this point.
Old 05-26-2009, 09:30 AM    (permalink
thebow305
All-Pro

Quote:
Ill be surprised if he sees the field as anything more then mop up this year. He's not physically ready yet. He's thinner then Jacory. Plus hes buried pretty deep on the depth chart and done nothing to move up it to this point.
I don't know, he showed some serious playmaking potential in the spring. He could at least be a nice redzone and endzone target.

Old 05-26-2009, 11:34 AM    (permalink
Hollywood
Veteran

Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fresssh View Post
Just found out we offered Millines last Tuesday.
We need to keep him in South Florida. Dude has some serious speed.
Hollywood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2009, 03:25 PM    (permalink
fresssh
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollywood View Post
We need to keep him in South Florida. Dude has some serious speed.
I hope we land him, hes got nice height too.

Has anyone heard whats going on with Darion Hall? I finally saw his film and was amazed. Cant let him get away.
Old 05-26-2009, 08:47 PM    (permalink
JoeyJr09
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebow305 View Post
I don't know, he showed some serious playmaking potential in the spring. He could at least be a nice redzone and endzone target.
He flashed potential sure, but he also struggled with drops due to the wrist injury and looked extremely rusty all spring. Not to mention he was getting laid out by defenders left and right because hes so thin.

He's a project. Got a long way to go.

Im kinda surprised Darion Hall hasn't committed yet. Ive been told he's a silent but that was a long time ago and nothing has come out since.
Old 05-27-2009, 04:58 PM    (permalink
SuperKevin
Icon

SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

http://floridastate.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=949872

WR Richard Goodman got arrested and kicked off the team
SuperKevin is offline   Reply With Quote