Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > College Football

College Football Discuss College Football

Old 06-03-2009, 09:04 AM    (permalink
JoeyJr09
Veteran

JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fresssh View Post
Thats what I could never understand. Im not talking about Seastrunk, but il use that as an example. If u read the rivals article with Keion Payne, why would we go after him that hard, meanwhile we back off guys like Demar Dorsey? Just like Dallas Lloyd. As interested as he sounded in us, it seems if we would have recruited him hard, at the very least he would have waited till he came on a visit before committing.
Keion Payne is a much much better football player then Demar Dorsey. Dorsey is all potential and measurables. Payne is a football player. Every person that follows Broward football can tell you that. Not to mention, our staff prioritizes very well. Why would you go after a kid like Dorsey, who has already committed to UF and is planning on decommitting because he is scared of competition, and the next schools on his list are places like Tennessee and Bama who are all SEC schools? Get where I'm going with there right? He doesn't have the grades for the ACC.

I have no idea what you are talking about with Dallas Lloyd. We recruited him harder then any other QB so far this year, we didn't miss on him for lack of effort.

Lastly, you really wanna waste time on Seastrunk? There was never any chance he came here. Why would you waste resources on him instead of targetting the guys you want and know you have a legit shot at?
JoeyJr09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2009, 01:10 PM    (permalink
fresssh
Rookie

fresssh is a cocksman.fresssh is a cocksman.fresssh is a cocksman.

I was not talking about Seastunk cus I never heard him list us in a top 10 or anything like that. I was just using an example. I know everyone thinks Gholston is a lock for Michigan State but hes listed us in his top 5 from the start and just did again a couple days ago. I just hope were going after the elite guys like Luc and Gholston as hard as everyone else. Guys that show us hard interest.
fresssh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2009, 02:51 PM    (permalink
BRAVEHEART
Pro Bowler

BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeyJr09 View Post
Going against the grain with that prediction huh?

(Note the sarcasm)
Hey, some people think they'll continue to be cellar dwellars. Look at UCLA, great talent, ****** team.
Old 06-03-2009, 04:18 PM    (permalink
JoeyJr09
Veteran

JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

Quote:
I was not talking about Seastunk cus I never heard him list us in a top 10 or anything like that. I was just using an example. I know everyone thinks Gholston is a lock for Michigan State but hes listed us in his top 5 from the start and just did again a couple days ago. I just hope were going after the elite guys like Luc and Gholston as hard as everyone else. Guys that show us hard interest.
What makes you think we haven't been recruiting Luc and Gholston hard?

We've been on them pretty much since day one and I haven't heard anything of us backing off of them.

BTW... your looking to much into Gholston naming us. He has yet to trim his list. He has like a top 12 still. Find me a school he doesn't keep naming repeatedly. LSU, Bama, MSU, UM, OSU, USC, UF, UNC and us are all named constantly in his interviews. He has visited a majority of those places, he cancelled his visit here. Says alot.

Luc is a guy we've been on from the get go. It's a matter of talking to his parents and letting them know all the details about the school. That can't happen til later in the process.
Old 06-03-2009, 10:22 PM    (permalink
Hollywood
Veteran

Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Joe Brennan is my #1 choice for QB this year anyways. I'd put his film up with any QB recruit in the country right now, dude has a rocket for an arm, is accurate and even has some nice moves when on the run. This is the kind of guy who goes to the elite 11 camp or something similar and moves up to a top 5 prep QB in the country.
Hollywood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2009, 10:25 PM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollywood View Post
Joe Brennan is my #1 choice for QB this year anyways. I'd put his film up with any QB recruit in the country right now, dude has a rocket for an arm, is accurate and even has some nice moves when on the run. This is the kind of guy who goes to the elite 11 camp or something similar and moves up to a top 5 prep QB in the country.
Nooooooo.......
Old 06-03-2009, 10:26 PM    (permalink
Hollywood
Veteran

Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Here is the film on Brennan btw

http://rivals.yahoo.com/video/recrui...lights-1-49472
Old 06-03-2009, 10:50 PM    (permalink
JoeyJr09
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhaarat316 View Post
Nooooooo.......
With you on that one.

He's got some redeeming qualities but damn his release is funny, he had to wind up on every damn deep pass. One of the slowest releases I have seen on a deep ball. His feet look stone legged in the pocket. Didn't see him step up into many throws. And he's rail thin.

On the plus side, he's tall, seems pretty accurate, and seems to have some arm strength and touch. He's got some upside but damn you'd think he just learned how to play QB yesterday. Literally some of the worst looking mechanics Ive seen.

Can judge his ability to read a defense either his his entire tape was either a busted play or a wide open WR.

This is exactly the type of guy you expect teams to target when they miss on their top QBs. Shows you the situation we are in for that spot right now. I like Brandon Hill much, much better as a prospect. Brennan looks to me to be rated perfectly. A mid 3*.

I really hope they decide to offer Brandon Hill.
Old 06-03-2009, 11:04 PM    (permalink
Hollywood
Veteran

Quote:
With you on that one.

He's got some redeeming qualities but damn his release is funny, he had to wind up on every damn deep pass. One of the slowest releases I have seen on a deep ball. His feet look stone legged in the pocket. Didn't see him step up into many throws. And he's rail thin.

On the plus side, he's tall, seems pretty accurate, and seems to have some arm strength and touch. He's got some upside but damn you'd think he just learned how to play QB yesterday. Literally some of the worst looking mechanics Ive seen.

Can judge his ability to read a defense either his his entire tape was either a busted play or a wide open WR.

This is exactly the type of guy you expect teams to target when they miss on their top QBs. Shows you the situation we are in for that spot right now. I like Brandon Hill much, much better as a prospect. Brennan looks to me to be rated perfectly. A mid 3*.

I really hope they decide to offer Brandon Hill.
Give me the guy throwing tight spirals 30-40 yards away with accuracy in an ugly way over the guy throwing floaters with decent mechanics every time. Brennan is a player, his film actually reminds me of Rex Grossman, except Brennan has a couple inches on him.
Old 06-03-2009, 11:12 PM    (permalink
draftguru151
:/
Legend

draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yea I like Hill more than Brennan too. Hill is pretty prototype. Joey's assessment of Brennan is pretty spot on, some positives, but he is a while away.

<Gaius_Baltar> That is correct comahan
<vidae> I ******* LOVE YOU DG
<njx9> <3 dg
draftguru151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2009, 09:48 AM    (permalink
fresssh
Rookie

Quote:
What makes you think we haven't been recruiting Luc and Gholston hard?

We've been on them pretty much since day one and I haven't heard anything of us backing off of them.

BTW... your looking to much into Gholston naming us. He has yet to trim his list. He has like a top 12 still. Find me a school he doesn't keep naming repeatedly. LSU, Bama, MSU, UM, OSU, USC, UF, UNC and us are all named constantly in his interviews. He has visited a majority of those places, he cancelled his visit here. Says alot.

Luc is a guy we've been on from the get go. It's a matter of talking to his parents and letting them know all the details about the school. That can't happen til later in the process.
With Gholston from the begining he had us in the top 6, even when he had all these offers. This was from a while ago, I gues u might even be able to call it a top 4. (Their was another early interview he had and listed Miami was 1 of the 3 places he knew he would visit at the time),

“In the next two weeks I think I’ll try to narrow it down to seven,” Gholston said. “I know some of them are going to be Michigan, Michigan State, Miami, Florida, and maybe Alabama and Notre Dame.”

Kyle Prater just named us in his top 10. Might not mean much. But he did say we just offered him 2 weeks ago and intantly jumped into the top 10. Hopefully we at least get a visit.

Last edited by fresssh : 06-04-2009 at 09:56 AM.
Old 06-04-2009, 10:07 AM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
With Gholston from the begining he had us in the top 6, even when he had all these offers. This was from a while ago, I gues u might even be able to call it a top 4. (Their was another early interview he had and listed Miami was 1 of the 3 places he knew he would visit at the time),

In the next two weeks I think Ill try to narrow it down to seven, Gholston said. I know some of them are going to be Michigan, Michigan State, Miami, Florida, and maybe Alabama and Notre Dame.
Doesn't really matter. He's still going to Michigan State.
Sniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2009, 01:38 PM    (permalink
Hollywood
Veteran

What's the deal with Terrence Mitchell the CB out of Tampa? I know he is an FSU lean right now, but do we have a shot and how hard are we still recruiting him?

Love this guy at corner.
Old 06-04-2009, 01:49 PM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I liked Spencer Boyd but right now it looks like he is headed to Notre Dame
Old 06-04-2009, 04:40 PM    (permalink
JoeyJr09
Veteran

Terrence Mitchell is a huge fsu lean and Spencer Boyd committed to ND about a month ago. Not sure why that one hasn't gone public.

Mitchell isn't a top priority for us. We is a 2nd tier guy according to what I've seen from our involvment with him. It's the height thing again. Only 5'10. 5'11 is about the minimum we will take.

We probably do have a decent chance of making it a fight with FSU if we decide to really push for the kid, but that doesn't seem to be the case ATM.
Old 06-04-2009, 04:49 PM    (permalink
Hollywood
Veteran

Quote:
Terrence Mitchell is a huge fsu lean and Spencer Boyd committed to ND about a month ago. Not sure why that one hasn't gone public.

Mitchell isn't a top priority for us. We is a 2nd tier guy according to what I've seen from our involvment with him. It's the height thing again. Only 5'10. 5'11 is about the minimum we will take.

We probably do have a decent chance of making it a fight with FSU if we decide to really push for the kid, but that doesn't seem to be the case ATM.

I've heard that we are going after him pretty hard right now, if we don't it's a big mistake, this kid is a player. Think he could make a Janoris Jenkins type impact at corner right away. Yea he might be missing that extra inch or two, but the staff knows how physical he is.

http://prepsreport.com/MediaPlayers/... 459cd1c54bf42

Is there any connection to him and FSU, or was he just an early lean because they were the first of the three to offer and show him love?
Old 06-04-2009, 05:58 PM    (permalink
JoeyJr09
Veteran

Quote:
I've heard that we are going after him pretty hard right now, if we don't it's a big mistake, this kid is a player. Think he could make a Janoris Jenkins type impact at corner right away. Yea he might be missing that extra inch or two, but the staff knows how physical he is.

http://prepsreport.com/MediaPlayers/... 459cd1c54bf42

Is there any connection to him and FSU, or was he just an early lean because they were the first of the three to offer and show him love?
We couldve changed course and really started pushing for him. My last set of info on him wwas from when we offered about a month ago. So maybe we are after him, but I haven't heard or read anything about us really pushing for him.

I do like him tho. Needs to bulk up however.

He grew up an FSU fan and loves the idea of playing for T-Buck (who doesn't) so those are the real reasons FSU leads, not just because they were the 1st to offer him.

I do remember reading that they had eased up on him a little tho.
Old 06-05-2009, 08:39 AM    (permalink
JoeyJr09
Veteran

Looks like we are landing Cornelius after all. He had been cooling on us some and GT has been pushing hard but the fact he just said he's picking at the end of the month probably just ended GTs chances to finish making up the ground on us.
Old 06-05-2009, 03:01 PM    (permalink
Hollywood
Veteran

Quote:
Looks like we are landing Cornelius after all. He had been cooling on us some and GT has been pushing hard but the fact he just said he's picking at the end of the month probably just ended GTs chances to finish making up the ground on us.
When and where is the announcement?
Old 06-05-2009, 04:17 PM    (permalink
JoeyJr09
Veteran

Quote:
When and where is the announcement?
Did say specifics. He just say he'll make a commitment by the end of June.
Old 06-07-2009, 06:35 PM    (permalink
katnip
Veteran

katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Any1 got the latest Lamar Miller & Mike James workout numbers?

And how much weight did Travis Benjamin add, his current weight? He obviously has the speed to be special in the college game.

Sig by, Hitman D

Last edited by katnip : 06-07-2009 at 06:38 PM.
katnip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2009, 11:53 AM    (permalink
fresssh
Rookie

Has anybody seen Demetre Baker's film? WE just offered him and he visited and will be at camp this weekend. All I seen was his workout numbers.

6-0 200. Runs 4.45. 40 in. vertical. 10 Ft. 5 in. Board jump. Bench 350. Power clean 290.

Those are very impressive numbers but Im just wondering if it matches is film.
Old 06-08-2009, 03:47 PM    (permalink
JoeyJr09
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by katnip View Post
Any1 got the latest Lamar Miller & Mike James workout numbers?

And how much weight did Travis Benjamin add, his current weight? He obviously has the speed to be special in the college game.
Lamar isn't even on campus so he can't be tested.

TB and James will be tested again in August or so when the incoming freshman get here.
Old 06-08-2009, 03:49 PM    (permalink
JoeyJr09
Veteran

I can't find film on Baker anywhere. He doesn't have a great offer list tho. Solid, not great.

But he's like a 3849032758971502th option at OLB. Travis Williams is a new name at LB that seems more of a target if you are looking at that spot.
Old 06-08-2009, 09:13 PM    (permalink
katnip
Veteran

katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Lamar isn't even on campus so he can't be tested.

TB and James will be tested again in August or so when the incoming freshman get here.
Okay

thanks

Sig by, Hitman D
katnip is offline   Reply With Quote