Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > College Football

College Football Discuss College Football

Old 06-08-2009, 08:24 PM    (permalink
JoeyJr09
Veteran

JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

Just got a Canesport text. Darion Hall told the Canesport guys he will commit to coaches this weekend.
JoeyJr09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2009, 11:05 PM    (permalink
fresssh
Rookie

fresssh is a cocksman.fresssh is a cocksman.fresssh is a cocksman.

Wow that would be huge. Hopefully! Better stay on him hard, cus Im sure teams will make a strong push.

Darius Robinson will be here for camp and also said he might commit. Hopefully he comes with Mike Taylor.

Haplea is visiting next week.

Does anybody got a list of players coming to camp?
fresssh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2009, 09:10 AM    (permalink
JoeyJr09
Veteran

JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fresssh View Post
Wow that would be huge. Hopefully! Better stay on him hard, cus Im sure teams will make a strong push.

Darius Robinson will be here for camp and also said he might commit. Hopefully he comes with Mike Taylor.

Haplea is visiting next week.

Does anybody got a list of players coming to camp?
Canesport guys said they would have some sort of camp preview thing with a list before the camp so we should see if Friday.

Expect a commit or 2.

Doubt Robinson is one of them. He's probably gonna hold off a little but he should be ours. Need to lock him down so we can get Taylor tho. Taylor is my personal top target this year.

Starting to sound like Brennan could be our QB. Him and Hill are supposed to be here this weekend as well.
Old 06-09-2009, 03:49 PM    (permalink
JoeyJr09
Veteran

For those that didn't read the Brandon Hill article. Says if he gets an offer from Miami, he's committing on the spot.

I hope he gets it. Very underrated looking QB to me. I've liked him for some time. Looks much better then Brennan and some of the others Ive seen.

Here's hoping coaches like what they see and get him in the fold now instead of waiting on another marginal kid like Brennan.
Old 06-09-2009, 03:55 PM    (permalink
djp
Team Leader
Icon

djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeyJr09 View Post
For those that didn't read the Brandon Hill article. Says if he gets an offer from Miami, he's committing on the spot.

I hope he gets it. Very underrated looking QB to me. I've liked him for some time. Looks much better then Brennan and some of the others Ive seen.

Here's hoping coaches like what they see and get him in the fold now instead of waiting on another marginal kid like Brennan.
What are the chances with Andrew Hendrix? His film looks fantastic.
Old 06-09-2009, 04:27 PM    (permalink
JoeyJr09
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by djp View Post
What are the chances with Andrew Hendrix? His film looks fantastic.
I read he's headed to ND already.
Old 06-09-2009, 07:06 PM    (permalink
Hollywood
Veteran

Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'll take Whipples judgment that Brennan is better than Hill over any of our opinions. Brennan has an NFL arm, Hill throws ducks. Give Whipple the guy with the much higher ceiling even if it will take more work; that's why we have an NFL guy coaching our QBs.
Hollywood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2009, 09:06 AM    (permalink
JoeyJr09
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollywood View Post
I'll take Whipples judgment that Brennan is better than Hill over any of our opinions. Brennan has an NFL arm, Hill throws ducks. Give Whipple the guy with the much higher ceiling even if it will take more work; that's why we have an NFL guy coaching our QBs.
Brennan takes 34809285904325 years to release the ball. Hill doesn't.

Plus you hav eno idea how Whipple feels about Hill right now.

The only difference is that Whipple has seen Brennan in person, he hasn't seen Hill yet.

Your just assuming ATM.
Old 06-10-2009, 04:25 PM    (permalink
fresssh
Rookie

Just saw Hall comitted baby!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Love it
Old 06-10-2009, 06:11 PM    (permalink
katnip
Veteran

katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Just saw Hall comitted baby!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Love it
Can't be bothered to watch his film with my internet. But looks to have the measurable's of a higher ranking. Can he add weight? I like RB's to weigh like 215-220 ish. Like Adrian "All Day" Peterson.

Is Hall a Cooper type back?

Sig by, Hitman D
katnip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2009, 06:15 PM    (permalink
draftguru151
:/
Legend

draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

His frame looks like it could handle a decent amount more weight.

<Gaius_Baltar> That is correct comahan
<vidae> I ******* LOVE YOU DG
<njx9> <3 dg
draftguru151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2009, 06:23 PM    (permalink
Hollywood
Veteran

Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Hall reminds me of Jamie Harper (now at Clemson) coming out of high school.
Hollywood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2009, 08:11 PM    (permalink
JoeyJr09
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollywood View Post
Hall reminds me of Jamie Harper (now at Clemson) coming out of high school.
Pretty Good comparison. Harper was a little more shifty. Hall seems more downhill.
Old 06-10-2009, 11:23 PM    (permalink
HindSight
Veteran

HindSight is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HindSight is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HindSight is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HindSight is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HindSight is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HindSight is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HindSight is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HindSight is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HindSight is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HindSight is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HindSight is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

hey guys....I have javarris james in a keeper fantasy league. Is he going to do anything to make me consider keeping him?
HindSight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2009, 11:33 PM    (permalink
TACKLE
All-NFLDC

TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HindSight View Post
hey guys....I have javarris james in a keeper fantasy league. Is he going to do anything to make me consider keeping him?
I think he'll get less carries than he did last year because of the addition of Mike James and Lamar Miller.
Old 06-11-2009, 12:15 PM    (permalink
JoeyJr09
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TACKLE View Post
I think he'll get less carries than he did last year because of the addition of Mike James and Lamar Miller.
Not a chance. Is JJ is healthy, he's still the best back on the team. Only way he gets less carries is because of injury.

Don't start anointing Miller and James yet. They are 5th and 6th on the depth chart ATM and are true freshmen. Let them get their feet wet before you start taking away carries from established, talented backs like JJ in favor of the young guys.
Old 06-11-2009, 02:15 PM    (permalink
fresssh
Rookie

I cant picture us not starting James if healthy, which im sure hel finally be.

I heard Tapley is coming down this weekend with Nix and he might finally commit to us.
Old 06-11-2009, 04:08 PM    (permalink
JoeyJr09
Veteran

Quote:
I cant picture us not starting James if healthy, which im sure hel finally be.

I heard Tapley is coming down this weekend with Nix and he might finally commit to us.
Tapley and Darius Robinson are both expected to pull the trigger this weekend.

Cornelius could follow them fairly soon and there's an outside chance that Ogletree does as well sometime in early August.
Old 06-11-2009, 04:28 PM    (permalink
fresssh
Rookie

Quote:
Tapley and Darius Robinson are both expected to pull the trigger this weekend.

Cornelius could follow them fairly soon and there's an outside chance that Ogletree does as well sometime in early August.
Yea i heard Robinson say that last week. U know if Mike Taylor is coming with him?

Side Note: Glenn Cook got drafted in MLB to the cubs.
Old 06-11-2009, 05:55 PM    (permalink
katnip
Veteran

katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Side Note: Glenn Cook got drafted in MLB to the cubs.
Yea, I had to check for myself. Obviously a good athlete.

Sig by, Hitman D
katnip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2009, 08:14 PM    (permalink
etk
All-NFLDC

etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Our backs are all pretty solid. JJ is the only Senior so he has the advantage (if he's healthy). Hopefully Mike James can pick up the offense because he has more big-play potential for a power back.

Hall doesn't remind me of Jamie Harper. Hall is incredible. Harper never impressed me. Harper was a big waist-bender with average power who always tried to dance and get to the outside. Hall is a downhill back with a good frame who can sidestep runners, burst out of cuts and go the distance. He reminds me of Jamaal Charles but much bigger at his age.

I keep seeing all these CBs and LBs list us high and talk about possible commitments. It's really confusing and makes my head dizzy. How many and who are we taking?

At LB....Ogletree is a must. Taylor has some nice pop and would be a good fill-in for Luc (prefer Luc but it's not a huge deal). I love watching him go downhill, but he's not very fluid and looks awkward when he moves laterally. Haven't seen tape on Cornileus so can't comment. Then there are other options like Chase Williams, Javarie Johnson, etc.

At CB....don't even get me started. I loved Joyner, Riggs and Tai-ler Jones but apparently we don't want short CBs. After that there's a mess of guys that claim offers and talk about commitments. I can't keep track cuz it's not worth it.

sig by BoneKrusher

Last edited by etk : 06-11-2009 at 08:21 PM.
etk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2009, 08:36 PM    (permalink
JoeyJr09
Veteran

Maurice Hagens to Miami.

3* FB.

Solid pickup.
Old 06-11-2009, 09:12 PM    (permalink
etk
All-NFLDC

etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Maurice Hagens to Miami.

3* FB.

Solid pickup.
Yeah, not much to say. Fills a need.

He has some running ability and should be a versatile FB. Not Patrick Hill.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 06-11-2009, 09:23 PM    (permalink
etk
All-NFLDC

Another question:

What do you guys know about Clive Walford? Sounds like he has a ton of potential and we may have unearthed a steal.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 06-11-2009, 09:43 PM    (permalink
JoeyJr09
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by etk View Post
Another question:

What do you guys know about Clive Walford? Sounds like he has a ton of potential and we may have unearthed a steal.
If anyone has said they've heard about him, they are lying.

This didn't come from left field. It came from the bleachers.