Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > College Football

College Football Discuss College Football

Old 06-11-2009, 11:29 PM    (permalink
Hollywood
Veteran

Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeyJr09 View Post
If anyone has said they've heard about him, they are lying.

This didn't come from left field. It came from the bleachers.
Who is he? What happened?
Hollywood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2009, 12:22 AM    (permalink
JoeyJr09
Veteran

JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollywood View Post
Who is he? What happened?
New TE offer.
JoeyJr09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2009, 01:15 AM    (permalink
RiDLer80
Rookie

RiDLer80 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

He goes to Glade Central along with CB/WR Gred Dent I believe. I read on another site that he's pretty new to football and that he's been playing basketball forever. So you know he's athletic with good feet and hands at about 6'5 220. If he comes here he's probably a project.

Also on thaRinger's twitter page it said to watch out for the canes and Cincinatti tight end Alex Smith.
RiDLer80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2009, 07:59 AM    (permalink
JoeyJr09
Veteran

JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiDLer80 View Post
He goes to Glade Central along with CB/WR Gred Dent I believe. I read on another site that he's pretty new to football and that he's been playing basketball forever. So you know he's athletic with good feet and hands at about 6'5 220. If he comes here he's probably a project.

Also on thaRinger's twitter page it said to watch out for the canes and Cincinatti tight end Alex Smith.
Yea that seems to be the all the news out there on the kid. I do like Dent tho. Solid looking prospect at CB. Not a bad target if we miss on Payne and Robinson for some reason (althought I fully expect Robinson to commit this weekend)

I'd love to hear Ringer's source on Smith, I've heard zero connect of us with that kid. That site is usually fairly reliable tho.

Ringer also said he expect multiple commit this weekend. Robinson, Brandon Hill (if offered), Javarie Johnson (if offered), Sean Tapley, and Tyrone Cornelius (if he makes the trip, not sure if he's supposed to) are the main guys that are close ATM.
Old 06-12-2009, 10:06 AM    (permalink
fresssh
Rookie

fresssh is a cocksman.fresssh is a cocksman.fresssh is a cocksman.

Jamal Reid and coach Mcgriff said that Reid will start at safety. Kind of disapointed cus I thought we was a CB that cud have come in and contribute. Im guessing Prince Kent is A Safety too, so were pretty dam thin at CB, with a load of safeties.
fresssh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2009, 05:03 PM    (permalink
JoeyJr09
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by fresssh View Post
Jamal Reid and coach Mcgriff said that Reid will start at safety. Kind of disapointed cus I thought we was a CB that cud have come in and contribute. Im guessing Prince Kent is A Safety too, so were pretty dam thin at CB, with a load of safeties.
Kent is starting at CB.
Old 06-12-2009, 05:45 PM    (permalink
RiDLer80
Rookie

So Kent's starting at corner and Reid's starting at safety? That sounds backwards to me.
Old 06-13-2009, 12:18 AM    (permalink
JoeyJr09
Veteran

Quote:
So Kent's starting at corner and Reid's starting at safety? That sounds backwards to me.
You and me both. Although, I haven't seen anything to the Reid news. Is there a link? I know the staff recruited him as a CB.
Old 06-13-2009, 10:26 AM    (permalink
fresssh
Rookie

http://insidetheu.com/news/viewnews.php?v=4a31d92274c86

Last edited by draftguru151 : 06-13-2009 at 12:45 PM.
Old 06-13-2009, 10:32 AM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

You can't post quotes from premium sites.
Sniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2009, 12:40 PM    (permalink
JoeyJr09
Veteran

Yea, just post the link next time, you can't copy the article.

I'm assuming then you subscrbe to ITU?
Old 06-14-2009, 03:31 PM    (permalink
fresssh
Rookie

Quote:
Yea, just post the link next time, you can't copy the article.

I'm assuming then you subscrbe to ITU?
Yea I did but I just switched to rivals. Where did u see Alec Olgletres' film, cus the 1 I seen on rivals wasnt impreesive at all.
Old 06-14-2009, 06:31 PM    (permalink
JoeyJr09
Veteran

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DkyZ8iXveAk

Thats the main tape Ive seen on him. Has outstanding closing speed, squares himself to contact, has plenty of speed to burn and is extremely instinctive out there. I like him significantly more as a LB then as a S because I think he'd be much better covering TEs and RBs then WRs but he has all the tools. Good burst, fluid hips, good reads and a great frame.

His rivals video is much less impressive tho. Not sure why. Maybe just an off night on that tape?

BTW...good call moving away from ITU. Worst site out there. Constantly wrong on everything and the writers have zero connections whatsoever. Rivals just reported 2 days ago that Reid is playing CB.
Old 06-14-2009, 09:15 PM    (permalink
fresssh
Rookie

Quote:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DkyZ8iXveAk

Thats the main tape Ive seen on him. Has outstanding closing speed, squares himself to contact, has plenty of speed to burn and is extremely instinctive out there. I like him significantly more as a LB then as a S because I think he'd be much better covering TEs and RBs then WRs but he has all the tools. Good burst, fluid hips, good reads and a great frame.

His rivals video is much less impressive tho. Not sure why. Maybe just an off night on that tape?

BTW...good call moving away from ITU. Worst site out there. Constantly wrong on everything and the writers have zero connections whatsoever. Rivals just reported 2 days ago that Reid is playing CB.
Yea thats the 1 I always seen, I just was hoping rivals would have more tape. Im with u, I love him at LB, but wouldnt mind him at safety either.

Demtre Bakers film is up. Excellent speed, and shown nice flashes, but plays too high. Looks like he has nice potential to me tho. Hard hitter.
Old 06-15-2009, 09:47 AM    (permalink
etk
All-NFLDC

etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ogletree projects very well to OLB in college. You guys overanalyze these tweeners way too much imo. Ogletree and Matt Elam are top prospects.

I wouldn't mind having a player in the mold of DeAndre McDaniel w/o the legal issues.

sig by BoneKrusher
etk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2009, 10:28 AM    (permalink
fresssh
Rookie

Yesterday the film I couldnt stop watching was Tony Jefferson, and today he is on Miami's front page. I know we dont have a chance, but dude is hands down my favorite recruit this year. The only thing that I thought looked good for us is academices, since he committed to standford and now has ND and Penn St. in his final.
Old 06-15-2009, 11:57 AM    (permalink
JoeyJr09
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by etk View Post
Ogletree projects very well to OLB in college. You guys overanalyze these tweeners way too much imo. Ogletree and Matt Elam are top prospects.

I wouldn't mind having a player in the mold of DeAndre McDaniel w/o the legal issues.
I love Ogletree. No over analyzing that. I just think he's a better LB then S prospect. Much like I did with Cookie 2 years ago.

But Elam I think is overhyped. He's gonna have the same issues Telfort had last year, but at least he produces.

I don't see the any issues with Ogletree. He's another Ray Ray Armstrong.
Old 06-16-2009, 01:03 AM    (permalink
fresssh
Rookie

We sure didnt get a lot of top talent that showed up at the camp from what I heard. I was glad tho to hear that Michael Tayor showed up.
Old 06-16-2009, 01:17 AM    (permalink
THE U ALL DAY
Rookie

THE U ALL DAY hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I'm just hoping we have a good year. Schedule is not that easy, especially in the beginning
THE U ALL DAY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2009, 04:42 PM    (permalink
JoeyJr09
Veteran

Quote:
We sure didnt get a lot of top talent that showed up at the camp from what I heard. I was glad tho to hear that Michael Tayor showed up.
We had tons of talent there.

3* CB Keion Payne, NR CB Cliff Coleman, 3* LB Tyrone Cornelius, 5* CB LaMarcus Joyner, 4* RB Eduardo Clements, 3* QB Michael Strauss, 3* QB Brandon Hill, 3* QB Joseph Brennan, 3* CB Darius Robinson,3* LB Michael Taylor, 3* RB Tevin Drake, 4* CB Merril Noel (who got offered and now lists us in his top 5), 4* LB Javarie Johnson, 3* CB Tony Grimes, 4* WR De'Joshua Johnson, 3* LB Darius Davis amongst a ton of others.

Not to mention, there would have been more if the Jacksonville crew could make it down.

And remember, we haven't heard alot of news because the media isn't allowed at these things if they are affiliated with the school. Plus we rarely hear much from DL and OL at these camps.

It was a good day for us. Tons of talent and tons of good prospects that we either got closer to closing with or got our foot firmly in the door.
Old 06-16-2009, 04:57 PM    (permalink
RiDLer80
Rookie

I read on Canestime that Darius Robinson didn't commit because he and coach McGriff felt it'd be best if they got his parents into Miami before he committed so there would be no decommitting. A poster posted an article that I'm pretty sure it was a premium article from Canesport so I'm not going to post it on here.
Old 06-16-2009, 05:07 PM    (permalink
JoeyJr09
Veteran

Quote:
I read on Canestime that Darius Robinson didn't commit because he and coach McGriff felt it'd be best if they got his parents into Miami before he committed so there would be no decommitting. A poster posted an article that I'm pretty sure it was a premium article from Canesport so I'm not going to post it on here.
Yea, it's a Canesport article.

Robinson basically asked McGriff how they felt about him committing and coaches told him that they want him but they want his parents to come check out the school 1st so that there's zero issues after he commits.

Remember, these coaches don't care about commits. They care about signatures. What coaches just did was show a huge sign of respect to Robinson's family that will help them get that signature.
Old 06-17-2009, 09:45 AM    (permalink
JoeyJr09
Veteran

Oddly enough, I've heard alot of people tell me Darius Robinson isn't gonna end up here. Could have something to do with coaches waiting on other players.

According to Canestime, Merrill Noel doesn't have an offer as he claim he did on Canesport.
Old 06-17-2009, 11:24 AM    (permalink
fresssh
Rookie

Quote:
Oddly enough, I've heard alot of people tell me Darius Robinson isn't gonna end up here. Could have something to do with coaches waiting on other players.

According to Canestime, Merrill Noel doesn't have an offer as he claim he did on Canesport.

I wasnt too impressed with his film. But this cant help our chances with Taylor.

Taylor did say Miami is on top after the camp, but thats a must land. He never said anything on how he might commit tho. He was another 1 that brought up Allen Hurns name. Said he caught everything out their and was blown away.

Yea and someone also reported Ricardo Allen had an offer, which isnt true.

How hard are we recruiting Grimes? Havent heard anything on him for a while.

Last edited by fresssh : 06-17-2009 at 11:28 AM.
Old 06-17-2009, 01:49 PM    (permalink
JoeyJr09
Veteran

Quote:
I wasnt too impressed with his film. But this cant help our chances with Taylor.

Taylor did say Miami is on top after the camp, but thats a must land. He never said anything on how he might commit tho. He was another 1 that brought up Allen Hurns name. Said he caught everything out their and was blown away.

Yea and someone also reported Ricardo Allen had an offer, which isnt true.

How hard are we recruiting Grimes? Havent heard anything on him for a while.
Coaches love Grimes. BUt Grimes has been looking OOS for awhile. He's just trying to use the in-state team to prop his name up to OOS schools. I know he loves UGA and OSU.

Hurns absolutely blew up the camp and we offered, but I'm sure it's just a verbal offer until we get a chance to really see him play during his SR year. Our coaches very rarely ever full on offer based off a camp.

I want Taylor so bad, unfortunately, I can't see us getting Taylor unless we land Robinson too. It's both or none IMO.