Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > College Football

College Football Discuss College Football

Old 06-30-2009, 05:32 PM    (permalink
JoeyJr09
Veteran

JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiDLer80 View Post
You think we've made that much progress with Alex Smith already? Hasn't it only been a couple of weeks? Also a mock class without any safties?
Ive heard good things about us with Smith.

Hurtt never said we'd specifically take safeties.

Seeing as it looks like Reid will start as a safety and the staff seems intent on keeping Ray Ray there, we have plenty of safeties now. Plus you always have the option of moving one of the 4 CBs there sees as they all have great size.

We really need CBs, since Prince Kent looks headed to Marshall. We've only gotten 2 CBs the last 2 years. Thats where the huge need is at.
JoeyJr09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2009, 10:07 PM    (permalink
Hollywood
Veteran

Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Canes just got a commitment from a LB in Gainesville, Kevin Nelson who supposedly has an offer from UF. What's the deal with that???
Hollywood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2009, 06:15 AM    (permalink
etk
All-NFLDC

etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollywood View Post
Canes just got a commitment from a LB in Gainesville, Kevin Nelson who supposedly has an offer from UF. What's the deal with that???
I saw we're leading but I don't see a Commitment page on Rivals.

sig by BoneKrusher
etk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2009, 01:56 PM    (permalink
JoeyJr09
Veteran

JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollywood View Post
UF was likely gonna take him when they miss on Luc.

Kid can play and we stole him from the heart of UF. Huge recruiting pull.
Old 07-01-2009, 02:39 PM    (permalink
fresssh
Rookie

fresssh is a cocksman.fresssh is a cocksman.fresssh is a cocksman.

The espn film was very unimpresive IMO. Does anybody know where else to find his film?
fresssh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2009, 09:12 PM    (permalink
etk
All-NFLDC

etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fresssh View Post
The espn film was very unimpresive IMO. Does anybody know where else to find his film?
Unimpressive?!?!?

idk what to say. Thanks for directing me to ESPN....I thoroughly enjoyed watching that.

He's built really strong and compact and projects well to OLB. Eventually he'll bulk up and play MLB. He looks skilled at fighting through traffic and avoiding blocks to get to the ball, kinda like London Fletcher or Buster Davis. He's lightning-quick, agile and has great balance. Reminds me a lot of Sean Spence in HS, with more physical ability and less intangibles/playmaking ability.

This IS a HUGE pull and I hope we hold onto him.

Any film on his godbrother who might commit soon? Devont'a Davis?

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 07-01-2009, 10:54 PM    (permalink
fresssh
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by etk View Post
Unimpressive?!?!?

idk what to say. Thanks for directing me to ESPN....I thoroughly enjoyed watching that.

He's built really strong and compact and projects well to OLB. Eventually he'll bulk up and play MLB. He looks skilled at fighting through traffic and avoiding blocks to get to the ball, kinda like London Fletcher or Buster Davis. He's lightning-quick, agile and has great balance. Reminds me a lot of Sean Spence in HS, with more physical ability and less intangibles/playmaking ability.

This IS a HUGE pull and I hope we hold onto him.

Any film on his godbrother who might commit soon? Devont'a Davis?
I agree with you on avoiding blocks, but thats really the only positive I seen from it. But I dont know what you can really tell of that vid. Didnt see lightning quick at all and 90 percent of it were asst. tackles. Didnt see any pop in those hits, and looked like on the solo tackles he struggled to bring them down. Im not saying hes a bad prospect, but I dont see how anybody could be impressed off that vid without some bias. All IMO. But thats why I was asking if their was anymore fillm. Ogletrees rivals video was awful, but the one on youtube showd why hes a high level prospect so it could just be the vid.
Old 07-02-2009, 06:26 PM    (permalink
JoeyJr09
Veteran

Quote:
I agree with you on avoiding blocks, but thats really the only positive I seen from it. But I dont know what you can really tell of that vid. Didnt see lightning quick at all and 90 percent of it were asst. tackles. Didnt see any pop in those hits, and looked like on the solo tackles he struggled to bring them down. Im not saying hes a bad prospect, but I dont see how anybody could be impressed off that vid without some bias. All IMO. But thats why I was asking if their was anymore fillm. Ogletrees rivals video was awful, but the one on youtube showd why hes a high level prospect so it could just be the vid.
I dunno what video you were watching but I'm pretty much in agreement with etk (althought me and him have the same taste in LBs and we've generally been proven right).

He's very instinctive, has a nose for where the ball is going. Fluid hips, great balance, nice (not great) closing speed, fights thru blocks. He very much reminds me of Buster Davis. That is a great comparison. He also shows proper form in his tackling.

I dunno where you see all these assited tackles. I saw plenty of solo ones. Hell one of the 1st plays he sticks a RB right at the LOS.

And i dunno what you mean by lacks pop either. He isn't Luc. Nelson wont take your head off. But he didn't have any issue bringing the guys down either. And all this seems besides the point. Since when does pop make you a good LB? Pop is highlight reel crap to please fans. Sharpton has pop but he can't bring anyone down. Pop dosen't matter anywhere near as much as solid form tackling.

Nelson looks like a very good LB prospect to me.
Old 07-02-2009, 08:51 PM    (permalink
fresssh
Rookie

http://insider.espn.go.com/ncf/recru...ruitId%3d69871

Thats the vid I seen. I watched it again and 2 me it looked like only 5 solo tackles. The pop and closing speed go together. Looked to me like he may struggle bringing down players at the next level. Looked like he may struggle against quicker players from the vid. Hopefully I see another 1 that changes my mind. But, to each his own I guess.
Old 07-02-2009, 09:34 PM    (permalink
etk
All-NFLDC

[quote=JoeyJr09;1712692
And i dunno what you mean by lacks pop either. He isn't Luc. Nelson wont take your head off. But he didn't have any issue bringing the guys down either. And all this seems besides the point. Since when does pop make you a good LB? Pop is highlight reel crap to please fans. Sharpton has pop but he can't bring anyone down. Pop dosen't matter anywhere near as much as solid form tackling.
[/QUOTE]

haha I was gonna sign in and post exactly what you said here but I put it off.

Between Hollywood (RBs) and you (LBs), it's like my thoughts are being stolen.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 07-03-2009, 02:23 PM    (permalink
JoeyJr09
Veteran

Quote:
http://insider.espn.go.com/ncf/recru...ruitId%3d69871

Thats the vid I seen. I watched it again and 2 me it looked like only 5 solo tackles. The pop and closing speed go together. Looked to me like he may struggle bringing down players at the next level. Looked like he may struggle against quicker players from the vid. Hopefully I see another 1 that changes my mind. But, to each his own I guess.
I do get whats ur seeing. The guy squares himself beautifully to make the tackles. He was plenty quick and has good closing speed.

Might struggle against quicker players?

What on earth are you watching?
Old 07-09-2009, 04:28 PM    (permalink
djp
Team Leader
Icon

djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm so off the wall on what I think is going to happen this season. I hope Whipple is as good as they say he is. I don't think I can take another 7 win season.
Old 07-09-2009, 04:36 PM    (permalink
TACKLE
All-NFLDC

TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by djp View Post
I'm so off the wall on what I think is going to happen this season. I hope Whipple is as good as they say he is. I don't think I can take another 7 win season.
Well, we won 7 games last year with you know who as the OC and a team loaded with underclassmen. There were no significant losses in the draft. Now with Whipple in and a more experienced and more talented team, I don't see how they can't be better than they were last year.
Old 07-09-2009, 04:41 PM    (permalink
JoeyJr09
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TACKLE View Post
Well, we won 7 games last year with you know who as the OC and a team loaded with underclassmen. There were no significant losses in the draft. Now with Whipple in and a more experienced and more talented team, I don't see how they can't be better than they were last year.
Being better doesn't guarantee a better record.

The rest of the ACC is better too.

I'm expecting about 9 wins. But it's no sure thing.
Old 07-09-2009, 07:02 PM    (permalink
etk
All-NFLDC

Looking beyond the W-L column, I just don't want another mind-boggling, frustrating year.

No losses or wake-up calls against inferior teams. No QBs running all over us. No ridiculous play calling. No debacles like GT or OU 2 years ago. No plays with 4-5+ missed tackles like the NC State or Georgia Tech games. No players who shouldn't be out there (Youngblood, Romeo Davis).

Also, we NEED to beat FSU and VT. I'll accept a loss to Duke and/or an 80 point OU blowout if we beat FSU and VT. Handily I might add.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 07-10-2009, 12:07 PM    (permalink
thebow305
2009 NFL Mock Draft Champ
All-Pro

thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by etk View Post
Looking beyond the W-L column, I just don't want another mind-boggling, frustrating year.

No losses or wake-up calls against inferior teams. No QBs running all over us. No ridiculous play calling. No debacles like GT or OU 2 years ago. No plays with 4-5+ missed tackles like the NC State or Georgia Tech games. No players who shouldn't be out there (Youngblood, Romeo Davis).

Also, we NEED to beat FSU and VT. I'll accept a loss to Duke and/or an 80 point OU blowout if we beat FSU and VT. Handily I might add.
It's all about fundamentals, as it usually is in football. And as a young team, we are still growing in this area. It will get beter, we should see big signs this year.

Dolphins Dream Draft: 1. C.J. Mosley 2. Kelvin Benjamin 3. Ja'Wuan James 4. Brandon Thomas 5. Xavier Grimble 6. Tyler Gaffney 7. Ross Cockrell
thebow305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2009, 06:19 AM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

fenikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2009, 07:26 AM    (permalink
JoeyJr09
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by fenikz View Post
Thats pretty sweet. Looks like it belongs on the cover of one of the NCAA games.
Old 07-11-2009, 02:39 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

ya that was the point, DG was showing me all of the covers that people made, so i did my own

fenikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2009, 02:56 PM    (permalink
JoeyJr09
Veteran

Quote:
ya that was the point, DG was showing me all of the covers that people made, so i did my own
Pretty Sweet. Although the one that comes out Tuesday is 2010. Not 2009.
Old 07-11-2009, 03:02 PM    (permalink
TACKLE
All-NFLDC

TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
That's too sick. Great work man. I think that may be my new BG.

edit: That be cool if you used that same style and made it into a sig.

Last edited by TACKLE : 07-13-2009 at 03:03 PM.
TACKLE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2009, 12:09 AM    (permalink
RiDLer80
Rookie

RiDLer80 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Apparently Joe Brennan has verbaled to Wisconsin. Does this mean no QB for this year or do we now put the press on Brandon Hill?
RiDLer80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2009, 12:36 AM    (permalink
BRAVEHEART
Pro Bowler

BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
That's good Quality Fenikz.
Old 07-14-2009, 05:23 AM    (permalink
JoeyJr09
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiDLer80 View Post
Apparently Joe Brennan has verbaled to Wisconsin. Does this mean no QB for this year or do we now put the press on Brandon Hill?
We can have Hill whenever we want him.

This means coaches need to start sorting thru more tapes.
Old 07-16-2009, 09:58 AM    (permalink
etk
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeyJr09 View Post
We can have Hill whenever we want him.

This means coaches need to start sorting thru more tapes.
Didn't take very long...

I don't think Morris is UM caliber. Same as Hill.

bleh.

sig by BoneKrusher