Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > College Football

College Football Discuss College Football

Old 09-01-2007, 05:28 PM    (permalink
thebow305
2009 NFL Mock Draft Champ
All-Pro

thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by draftguru151 View Post
Graig Cooper with his first 100 yard game of his career, I'm sure there will be many more. :D
Definitely :)

Dolphins Dream Draft: 1. C.J. Mosley 2. Kelvin Benjamin 3. Ja'Wuan James 4. Brandon Thomas 5. Xavier Grimble 6. Tyler Gaffney 7. Ross Cockrell
thebow305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2007, 06:29 PM    (permalink
RonnieRun23
Rookie

RonnieRun23 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Our offensive line looked amazing. 0 sacks all game, Cooper with 120ish rushing yards, James had around 100 (plus a 40 yarder that got called back), and Thomas had a couple of nice runs. Mabry did a good job opening holes when he was in the game, but i didn't see any Cooper/James backfields, or Cooper lining up in the slot. I guess Shannon WAS holding back. Leggett made soom nice moves on screens to get extra yardage. The D-Line played a good game. There is a lot of depth on the lines. Moncur was a beast ALL GAME. Campbell had a solo sack but the quarterback threw it away as he was being hammered. Dixon, Franklin, McCray, Wesley, Haris all had nice games. KPhillips had a decent game, nothing notable except for a nice tackle in the backfield. The linebackers played a pretty good game, they did a good job in pursuit. McCarthy was a tackling machine, i think he had at least 10 tackles, but he was taken out for a bit due to cramps. The corners had an alright game, but they excelled at sealing off the corner on outside rushes. RPhillips had a couple of nice hits. Picks by Freshman JoJo Nicolas, Spencer Adkins, Calais Campbell, and T-Good(returned to the one-yard line.)

Now to the bad. Kirby didn't do a bad job, but he was inconsistent and threw an inerception to an area where there were no Miami players. He was pretty erratic throwing downfield, and i think he had a miscommunication with Leggett at least once. The recievers didn't bail him out. Khalil did his usual thing, dropping two passes. There were a lot of drops all around for the receivers. We didn't do a good job in coverage, and they had thei receivers open all game. We didn't do a good job stopping the QB draw. Campbell lost contain at least twice, and left his feet once when he had the quarterback to himself, and let him get back to the line of scrimmage.

Overall, I liked what i saw, and i think if we can get more consistency from the receivers, we'll be very good this year. I'm expecting a 9-3 season AT WORST. That means we win every game we're supposed to, and win 2 out of 5 against FSU, Oklahoma, VT, BC, and TAMU. Very possible, IMO.
RonnieRun23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2007, 10:59 PM    (permalink
thebow305
All-Pro

thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RonnieRun23 View Post
Our offensive line looked amazing. 0 sacks all game, Cooper with 120ish rushing yards, James had around 100 (plus a 40 yarder that got called back), and Thomas had a couple of nice runs. Mabry did a good job opening holes when he was in the game, but i didn't see any Cooper/James backfields, or Cooper lining up in the slot. I guess Shannon WAS holding back. Leggett made soom nice moves on screens to get extra yardage. The D-Line played a good game. There is a lot of depth on the lines. Moncur was a beast ALL GAME. Campbell had a solo sack but the quarterback threw it away as he was being hammered. Dixon, Franklin, McCray, Wesley, Haris all had nice games. KPhillips had a decent game, nothing notable except for a nice tackle in the backfield. The linebackers played a pretty good game, they did a good job in pursuit. McCarthy was a tackling machine, i think he had at least 10 tackles, but he was taken out for a bit due to cramps. The corners had an alright game, but they excelled at sealing off the corner on outside rushes. RPhillips had a couple of nice hits. Picks by Freshman JoJo Nicolas, Spencer Adkins, Calais Campbell, and T-Good(returned to the one-yard line.)

Now to the bad. Kirby didn't do a bad job, but he was inconsistent and threw an inerception to an area where there were no Miami players. He was pretty erratic throwing downfield, and i think he had a miscommunication with Leggett at least once. The recievers didn't bail him out. Khalil did his usual thing, dropping two passes. There were a lot of drops all around for the receivers. We didn't do a good job in coverage, and they had thei receivers open all game. We didn't do a good job stopping the QB draw. Campbell lost contain at least twice, and left his feet once when he had the quarterback to himself, and let him get back to the line of scrimmage.

Overall, I liked what i saw, and i think if we can get more consistency from the receivers, we'll be very good this year. I'm expecting a 9-3 season AT WORST. That means we win every game we're supposed to, and win 2 out of 5 against FSU, Oklahoma, VT, BC, and TAMU. Very possible, IMO.
Sharpe and Shields better be back for the Oklahoma game because our passing offense and defense looked very suspect today. As good as our running game looked, I was unimpressed with our recievers. I think Shields is head and shoulders above the rest of the starters. For god's sake, I never wanna see Jones start another game, I don't care how good he looks in practice, he cannot play in an actual game, he just can't. Why were there so many recievers left so wide open today, that makes me nervous when we have a big time threat like Malcolm Kelly to face next week. I just hope our front seven doesn't allow Bradford to set and get comfortable out there. I think once this unit is all healthy we will be dominant, because the front seven are, but the secondary still needs a little work. Any thoughts?

Dolphins Dream Draft: 1. C.J. Mosley 2. Kelvin Benjamin 3. Ja'Wuan James 4. Brandon Thomas 5. Xavier Grimble 6. Tyler Gaffney 7. Ross Cockrell
Old 09-01-2007, 11:05 PM    (permalink
draftguru151
:/
Legend

draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Did Jenkins play today? I don't get why he didn't start when he's been tearing it up in camp.

<Gaius_Baltar> That is correct comahan
<vidae> I ******* LOVE YOU DG
<njx9> <3 dg
draftguru151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2007, 11:08 PM    (permalink
thebow305
All-Pro

Quote:
Did Jenkins play today? I don't get why he didn't start when he's been tearing it up in camp.
ill take anyone over Jones, id rather kayne or leonard start over khalil jones... hey dg, what thoughts do u have on what i just posted about??

Old 09-01-2007, 11:13 PM    (permalink
draftguru151
Legend

draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I didn't see the game so I'm not really sure. I agree about Shields though, he is a stud.

<njx9> <3 dg
Old 09-01-2007, 11:15 PM    (permalink
thebow305
All-Pro

Quote:
I didn't see the game so I'm not really sure. I agree about Shields though, he is a stud.
Yup, our next great wideout. That goes without being said though.

Old 09-02-2007, 12:10 AM    (permalink
RonnieRun23
Rookie

I think our receivers will be fine when Shields comes back. I'd like to see Shields and Leggett start, with Jenkins/Hankerson backing them up. I don't know if Jones will ever "get" it. He always tears it up during camp and all the coaches sing his praises, but he cannot perform during the game to save his life. I'd rather have Hill (who made a nice catch today, coming back to the ball) over him on the depth chart.

The defensive backs didn't play a great game either. I didn't hear Van Dyke's name called all day. Phillips made a couple of nice tackles on the corner, and Grant had some decent coverage. I think my biggest disappointment today was the play of KPhillips. He didn't play bad, but he didn't stand out much, and one of the long completions was on him. We're going to need him to step up to beat OU. With everyone healthy, I want Sharpe and Phillips to start, with Grant as the NB, and Van Dyke and Armour backing them up.

There were a couple of fumbled snaps, but i think that's just because we have a new center, and i don't think it's something to worry about.
Old 09-02-2007, 12:57 AM    (permalink
thebow305
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by RonnieRun23 View Post
I think our receivers will be fine when Shields comes back. I'd like to see Shields and Leggett start, with Jenkins/Hankerson backing them up. I don't know if Jones will ever "get" it. He always tears it up during camp and all the coaches sing his praises, but he cannot perform during the game to save his life. I'd rather have Hill (who made a nice catch today, coming back to the ball) over him on the depth chart.

The defensive backs didn't play a great game either. I didn't hear Van Dyke's name called all day. Phillips made a couple of nice tackles on the corner, and Grant had some decent coverage. I think my biggest disappointment today was the play of KPhillips. He didn't play bad, but he didn't stand out much, and one of the long completions was on him. We're going to need him to step up to beat OU. With everyone healthy, I want Sharpe and Phillips to start, with Grant as the NB, and Van Dyke and Armour backing them up.

There were a couple of fumbled snaps, but i think that's just because we have a new center, and i don't think it's something to worry about.
I agree completely with everything you said.

Old 09-02-2007, 09:24 AM    (permalink
draftguru151
Legend

Not hearing a DBs name isn't always a bad thing. If anyone sees the game on normal TV (FSN, SS) let me know.

<njx9> <3 dg
Old 09-02-2007, 09:26 AM    (permalink
etk
All-NFLDC

etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Jenkins hardly saw the field. I didn't understand why, either. Shields is definitely our best wideout and a nice playmaker. Hill is not bad and worthy of some playing time. As far as DBs go, Grant looked solid as our NB so that shouldn't change.

I think TE could be an important position against Oklahoma because of their strength at safety. We need to develop an underneath passing game to sustain drives against their D.

sig by BoneKrusher
etk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2007, 09:29 AM    (permalink
trkaline
Pro Bowler

trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Really good game I always watch just for their Defense...
trkaline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2007, 11:57 AM    (permalink
draftguru151
Legend

http://web1.ncaa.org/d1mfb/2007/Inte...000000415.HTML

All the stats for UM. Gooden led the team with 9 tackles.

<njx9> <3 dg
Old 09-02-2007, 12:46 PM    (permalink
ENIGMATIC 1

Here are some highlights of Craig Cooper from the Marshall game.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kH4RFLfmcc4
Old 09-02-2007, 01:27 PM    (permalink
draftguru151
Legend

Oh that was awesome. I wanna watch the game.

<njx9> <3 dg

Last edited by draftguru151 : 09-02-2007 at 01:35 PM.
Old 09-02-2007, 01:53 PM    (permalink
thebow305
All-Pro

Quote:
Oh that was awesome. I wanna watch the game.
He was pretty damn good yesterday. only thing was, with that first run i think he got a little tired at the end of the run b/c it looked like he could beat that guy, there was plenty of room along the sideline to break it but he turned into the guy and got tackled. Hmmm, it was still a great run though. :D

Old 09-03-2007, 11:37 AM    (permalink
jbeans187
Veteran

jbeans187 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.jbeans187 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ENIGMATIC 1 View Post
Here are some highlights of Craig Cooper from the Marshall game.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kH4RFLfmcc4
I didnt see the game but after watching this and this... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DpdTx...elated&search=
the o line looked much improved

Leroy Smith - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=koGD6XnAsNs
jbeans187 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2007, 11:51 AM    (permalink
RonnieRun23
Rookie

The game will be replayed from 1-3 and 7-9 on tuesday on CSS.
Old 09-03-2007, 11:02 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Somebody tell me that the NCAA has a flexible TV schedule because as of right now i will only get to watch 3 Miami games

Oklahoma 9/8
Texas A&M 9/20
Boston College 11/24

Why isn't ABC or ESPN carrying the FSU or Virgina Tech games they could be huge impact games on the BCS

fenikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2007, 11:09 PM    (permalink
draftguru151
Legend

Both those games should be national. That would be pretty lame if our two big rivalry games aren't national.

<njx9> <3 dg
Old 09-03-2007, 11:53 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I was just looking at the Canes on Wiki and those were the only games listed, along with the last one and another on ESPN U

although wikipedia is far from official

Old 09-04-2007, 12:34 AM    (permalink
jbeans187
Veteran

jbeans187 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.jbeans187 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

They will get picked up, the times arent set yet

Leroy Smith - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=koGD6XnAsNs
jbeans187 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2007, 01:16 PM    (permalink
etk
All-NFLDC

etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Bowden wasn't even on National TV here in Canada. If I didn't have this sports package I'd get to see 3 Miami games if I'm lucky, and that includes the bowl.

sig by BoneKrusher
etk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2007, 07:36 PM    (permalink
PoopSandwich
All-Pro

PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well I got stuck in a weird situation, I've had Sept 8 on my schedule for a while now, even requested it off... Then got offered tickets to the Ohio State game...

I decided I would go because I've never been to a college football game, and I'm recording the Miami game...

Hopefully I have a game worth watching when I get back ;)

"If something happens, and it's the Cleveland Browns, I'm going to pour my heart out for the Dawg Pound and try to win a Super Bowl for Cleveland," he said. "I don't care if they've had 20 starting quarterbacks since 1999. I'm going to be the 21st and the guy that brought them the Super Bowl." - JFF
PoopSandwich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2007, 03:20 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

What everyones predictions for the game tommarrow

I got

Miami 24
Oklahoma 10

James 120 Yards 2 TDs
Cooper 140 Yards 1 TD

Phillips 2 Ints

Last edited by fenikz : 09-07-2007 at 03:25 PM.