Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > College Football

College Football Discuss College Football

Old 12-19-2009, 09:04 PM    (permalink
Draft King
All-Pro

Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by djp View Post
You could torrent it.. I don't have a good stream link, but if I find one, I'll message you with it.
Thanks... I was looking for like an hour and couldn't find it.
Draft King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2009, 02:12 AM    (permalink
TACKLE
All-NFLDC

TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Words cannot describe. BoneKrusher is sig god.

(also got to give some credit to fenikz for the inspiration. He was making sigs before with Canes from the past and the present)

vvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvv

Last edited by TACKLE : 12-20-2009 at 02:17 AM.
TACKLE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2009, 11:59 AM    (permalink
katnip
Veteran

katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Any rumors on big-recruiting surprises this year? I know stars isn't everything.. But to me it means some, some what.

Sig by, Hitman D
katnip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2009, 12:05 PM    (permalink
draftguru151
:/
Legend

draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

A lot of people are expecting Brandon Linder and Brandon Willis to announce their commitments soon. A lot of people are really optimistic about Seantrel Henderson too, but I'm not holding my breathe on that. Things look good for Ivan McCartney (who beasted last night in the state championship, 3 TDs) but he's not announcing until signing day.

<Gaius_Baltar> That is correct comahan
<vidae> I ******* LOVE YOU DG
<njx9> <3 dg
draftguru151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2009, 12:08 PM    (permalink
katnip
Veteran

katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by draftguru151 View Post
A lot of people are expecting Brandon Linder and Brandon Willis to announce their commitments soon. A lot of people are really optimistic about Seantrel Henderson too, but I'm not holding my breathe on that. Things look good for Ivan McCartney (who beasted last night in the state championship, 3 TDs) but he's not announcing until signing day.
Cool.. I'm not getting my hopes up on Henderson either.

But Linder seems like a top notch prospect. Don't alot of Florideans say he can play any spot on the OL? And is Tavadis Glenn getting looks as a OL guy? Read this somewhere.

Sig by, Hitman D
Old 12-20-2009, 12:11 PM    (permalink
djp
Team Leader
Icon

djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Brandon Linder committed today around 10am according to like 100 people. It's not confirmed, but pretty solid information going around.
Old 12-20-2009, 12:12 PM    (permalink
draftguru151
Legend

draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Apparently Willis is announcing at the Army AA game later this month.

Yea Linder projects as a LT or a center, he's played both in HS. I'm pretty sure Glenn plays OL (RT), but if Seantrel and Linder come and we don't get a 2nd DT (bunch of guys getting looked at here) he might play DL.

<njx9> <3 dg
Old 12-20-2009, 12:22 PM    (permalink
katnip
Veteran

I know he's not even eligible yet.. But any1 else see pro/NFL type ability in Brandon Harris? And is Graig Cooper a senior? I know Baby J is

nevermind, just saw Coop's a junior

Sig by, Hitman D

Last edited by katnip : 12-20-2009 at 12:25 PM.
Old 12-20-2009, 12:26 PM    (permalink
djp
Team Leader
Icon

djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by draftguru151 View Post
Apparently Willis is announcing at the Army AA game later this month.

Yea Linder projects as a LT or a center, he's played both in HS. I'm pretty sure Glenn plays OL (RT), but if Seantrel and Linder come and we don't get a 2nd DT (bunch of guys getting looked at here) he might play DL.
Give me Linder at Center first, then if he doesn't pick it up (which he will), move him to right tackle.
Old 12-20-2009, 06:40 PM    (permalink
tolnaballa
Rookie

tolnaballa smells like sex panther.tolnaballa smells like sex panther.

I am no insider by any means, I am just trying to get more involved with the recruiting aspects of the the Hurricanes. I just read what I can on different forum sites and recruiting sites.

Here is our class so far..

Offense
QB- Stephen Morris, 3 star, 6-2 186
RB- Storm Johnson, 4 star, 6-1 217
RB- Eduardo Clements, 4 star, 5-10 185
RB- Darion Hall, 3 star, 6-1, 200
FB- Maurice Hagens, 3 star, 6-1 235
WR- Allen Hurns, 3 star, 6-2 175
TE- Clive Walford, 3 star, 6-6 225
TE- Chase Ford, JUCO, 3 star, 6-6 245
OL- Brandon Linder, 4 star, 6-6 290 (Projects at either LT or C)
OL- Malcolm Bunche, PREP, 4 star, 6-6 325 (Can play T or G)
OL- Johnathan Feliciano, 3 star, 6-4 283 (Plays T, projects as a G)
OL- Shane McDermott, 3 star, 6-3 270 (Center)
OL- Jermaine Barton, 3 star, 6-7 260 (Right Tackle)

Athletes
OL/DL- Tavadis Glenn, 4 star, 6-5, 270 (OT or DT, depending on how we recruit D-line in the next few weeks)
TE/OL/DL- Andrew Tallman, 3 star, 6-5, 240 (Could end up as a project O-lineman or D-lineman, good athlete, plays TE in high school)
WR/CB- Jeremy Davis, 3 star, 5-11 162 (Likely ends up at CB, but if we don't get the WR commits we want, he could end up playing there)

Defense
DE- David Perry, 3 star, 6-6 230
LB- Javarie Johnson, 4 star, 6-4 205 (Also plays DE)
LB- Travis Williams, 4 star, 6-2 189
LB- Tyrone Cornelius, 3 star, 6-2 195
LB- Kevin Nelson, 3 star, 6-1 220 (MLB)
CB- Kacy Rodgers, 3 star, 6-2 185
CB- Devont'a Davis, 3 star, 6-2 180
CB- Keion Payne, 3 star, 6-0 165
S- Raheam Buxton, 3 star, 6-0 175

Still targeting
OL- Seantral Henderson, 5 star, 6-8 301 (Read hes down to us and USC, like us because he can play both football and basketball here)
WR- Ivan McCartney, 4 star, 6-1 175 (Between us, WVU, and Florida, likes us, but his grades are an issue)
WR- Michaelee Harris, 4 star, 6-0 180
TE- Christian Thomas, 4 star, 6-3 245 (Between us, Oregon, and USC, visiting us in January, USC and Oregon already have two other 4 star commits, I like our chances)
DT- Brandon Willis, 5 star, 6-3 260, (Tennessee commit, just visited us after scandal, will announce at All American Army Game between us, UNC, and Tennessee)
DE- Cory Lemonier, 5 star, 6-4 225
DE- Ego Ferguson, 4 star, 6-4 270
LB- Christian Jones, 4 star, 6-4 215 (Everyone says he is FSU lean)
LB- Josh Shirley, 4 star, 6-2 220
S- Latwan Anderson, 4 star, 5-11 185 (Comes from a Ohio State pipeline, wants to take a visity)
S- Lorenzo Waters, 3 star, 6-0 190
CB- Ricardo Allen, 3 star, 5-9 176 (Rumor has it, that if Raheam Buxton is pushed out of the class, this would be the guy to replace him, Purdue Verbal)
Athlete- Willis Write, 4 star, 6-1 205 (Safety or WR, from videos I like him at WR, but hes a great athlete, will be in our class if he can get the grades)

I am sure there are others, that could be added and some that I had can be taken off (Christian Jones and Latwan Anderson).
tolnaballa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2009, 08:59 PM    (permalink
katnip
Veteran

Any1 know how Lamar miller is progressing both physically & practice/game wise? I didn't seem him at all on the field this season. And rivals doesn't say he Redshirted. Is he at the bottom of the depth chart?

Sig by, Hitman D

Last edited by katnip : 12-20-2009 at 09:02 PM.
Old 12-20-2009, 09:11 PM    (permalink
tolnaballa
Rookie

tolnaballa smells like sex panther.tolnaballa smells like sex panther.

Quote:
Originally Posted by katnip View Post
Any1 know how Lamar miller is progressing both physically & practice/game wise? I didn't seem him at all on the field this season. And rivals doesn't say he Redshirted. Is he at the bottom of the depth chart?
He was red-shirted. I read the article on insidetheu.
tolnaballa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2009, 07:53 PM    (permalink
katnip
Veteran

Can anyone post that Graig Cooper draft article on miami.rivals? Copy/Paste it please.

Sig by, Hitman D
Old 12-23-2009, 07:55 PM    (permalink
draftguru151
Legend

Not allowed to post premium/subscription articles stuff.

<njx9> <3 dg
Old 12-23-2009, 07:56 PM    (permalink
katnip
Veteran

Oh, Okay.... Personally I think he's a 2nd rounder

If his 40 time is real good.. Who knows.. 1st rounder??

Sig by, Hitman D

Last edited by katnip : 12-23-2009 at 08:02 PM.
Old 12-24-2009, 06:29 PM    (permalink
osirus96
Rookie

osirus96 is a cocksman.osirus96 is a cocksman.osirus96 is a cocksman.osirus96 is a cocksman.

Where did u read that seantrel was down to us and USC?
osirus96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2009, 07:39 PM    (permalink
draftguru151
Legend

It was on the article that first had the story about Linder and Barton committing.

http://www.gridironstuds.com/blog/br...mits-to-the-u/

<njx9> <3 dg
Old 12-29-2009, 12:42 AM    (permalink
TACKLE
All-NFLDC

TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The game is tomorrow. I'm actually really excited. I really just want to see them show up with a lot of intensity and just to shred apart Wisconsin's D. Hopefully it'll cap of a 10-win season and be a springboard into what should be an amazing 2010 season.
Old 12-29-2009, 06:41 PM    (permalink
Draft King
All-Pro

Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Finally caught the documentary. Was very well made, they really did dominate that era and I can only hope we could possibly bring that swagger back. Wish there was some Ray Lewis, Ed Reed, KW2, or maybe the Rock in there would have been interesting.

On the subject of the game tonight I love our chances. I predict a 31-24 win.
Draft King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2009, 11:27 PM    (permalink
Legend234
Rookie

Legend234 is a cocksman.Legend234 is a cocksman.Legend234 is a cocksman.Legend234 is a cocksman.Legend234 is a cocksman.

I don't know what everyone else thought about the game today, but the 09 Canes really got out-coached in many different ways. They couldn't protect anything. Jacory was getting killed back there and it was all about bad preparation in the protection schemes. Wisconsin knew that their tight ends were their strength and exposed Miami's lbs and dbs in coverage. You don't always have to play man and bring 5 on 3rd and long. As a canes fan I felt like the canes were clearly a better team athletically, but from what I could see, their coaches let them down.
Legend234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2009, 12:02 AM    (permalink
TACKLE
All-NFLDC

Well that was embarrassing. Can't believe it was so close. Wisconsin dominated all game. The O-Line played brutal. Pass pro was awful and they were getting no push off the line. Jacory showed a lot of toughness in playing through the pain but he was not in a condition to be playing at a high level. On a positive note, Pipho is gone (Thank God) and I don't think Orlando Franklin got beat 1-on-1 for a sack despite all the pressure that was put on Jacory. How the **** to the TE's get open every time. The LB's were terrible in coverage. They never challenged the corners on the outside. If we didn't have Telemaque making every single tackle the game wouldn't have been nearly this close.

I hope Coop is alright. Same with Berry.

A disappointing end to the season but it was definitely a positive season moving forward. I know all Cane fans can't wait for the upcoming season. The team is stacked next year. They will be back in the National Championship hunt next year and will be a legitimate contender.
Old 12-30-2009, 12:26 AM    (permalink
Shane P. Hallam
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TACKLE View Post
Well that was embarrassing. Can't believe it was so close. Wisconsin dominated all game. The O-Line played brutal. Pass pro was awful and they were getting no push off the line. Jacory showed a lot of toughness in playing through the pain but he was not in a condition to be playing at a high level. On a positive note, Pipho is gone (Thank God) and I don't think Orlando Franklin got beat 1-on-1 for a sack despite all the pressure that was put on Jacory. How the **** to the TE's get open every time. The LB's were terrible in coverage. They never challenged the corners on the outside. If we didn't have Telemaque making every single tackle the game wouldn't have been nearly this close.

I hope Coop is alright. Same with Berry.

A disappointing end to the season but it was definitely a positive season moving forward. I know all Cane fans can't wait for the upcoming season. The team is stacked next year. They will be back in the National Championship hunt next year and will be a legitimate contender.
Gotta beat them Buckeyes first :D

Follow Me on Twitter!
https://twitter.com/ShanePHallam
Shane P. Hallam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2009, 12:39 AM    (permalink
TACKLE
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shane P. Hallam View Post
Gotta beat them Buckeyes first :D
Yeah, your QB is going to shred apart our secondary.
Old 12-30-2009, 12:53 AM    (permalink
TACKLE
All-NFLDC

You gotta love the game though. Miami and Ohio State don't back down from playing the big dogs in their non-conference schedule. I've never really been an Ohio State fan but I respect that they are willing to take on elite teams. Miami has Pitt the week after OSU. Luckily for you, the game is early enough in the season so you guys should have enough time to recover in the standings and maybe even go to the Rose Bowl.
Old 12-30-2009, 03:50 PM    (permalink
JRTPlaya21
All-Pro

JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Doesn't sound to good for Cooper. I hope it isn't that bad because he is one of my favorite Canes.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/bowls0...ory?id=4782429

#2 Duke Blue Devils (10-0)
2010 National Champions!!
2014 Coaches vs Cancer Champions

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sO4iMIahsAs

Last edited by JRTPlaya21 : 12-30-2009 at 04:30 PM.
JRTPlaya21 is offline   Reply With Quote