Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

View Poll Results: Better 2nd Year RB... J.I. or Maroney?
J.I. 32 35.56%
Maroney 58 64.44%
Voters: 90. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-05-2007, 07:49 AM    (permalink
JMiah
Rookie

JMiah hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.
Default Better Sophomore RB... Addai or Maroney?

Simple I suppose...

After last year one can clearly see that Joseph A. of the Colts and Lawrence M. of the Pats are going to be 2 pretty good HB's. Though I think the Panther's Williams and the Jag's Jones-Drew will still be good, it seems they will be battling the two back system... it is clear that Joseph and Lawrence are going to get the chances to start as they counterparts from last year were released...

So (expecting Maroney to be healthy) who will have the better year? Joseph or Lawrence?

Last edited by JMiah : 06-05-2007 at 08:27 AM. Reason: Spelling
JMiah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2007, 08:11 AM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

How can I take this question seriously when you don't even know the name of Joseph Addai?

I am "America's Poster"... http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...9&postcount=25

bsaza2358 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2007, 08:19 AM    (permalink
JMiah
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsaza2358 View Post
How can I take this question seriously when you don't even know the name of Joseph Addai?
Sorry I didn't spell it out for you. I guess the other second year Colts RB with the initials J.I. confused you.

If you need someone to change your diapers too, we can get you a social worker or something...
Old 06-05-2007, 08:23 AM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

First off you did misspelled the name. Then you compounded your mistake by insulting the first person to call you out on it.

Shiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2007, 08:24 AM    (permalink
luckyjackaubrey
Veteran

Location: South Jersey via Nantucket thru Presque Isle with future considerations
luckyjackaubrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.luckyjackaubrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.luckyjackaubrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.luckyjackaubrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.luckyjackaubrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.luckyjackaubrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.luckyjackaubrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.luckyjackaubrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.luckyjackaubrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.luckyjackaubrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.luckyjackaubrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think Maroney will have the better year. Teams will be gearing up to stop the pats new pass attack weapons. They will view Maroney as the lesser of two evils. Although with the pats tendency to gameplan based on the opponent, Maroney's success is not easily judged. They may not have many gameplans that emphasize his contributions.

The Colts on the other hand are a team that does little differently regarding gameplanning week to week. Addai will be focused on by defenses b/c they ( the colts) have lost more weapons than gained this offseason, and the weapons they have are getting older and past their prime.

I would expect Maroney to get less carries than Addai, but have a better all around season.
luckyjackaubrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2007, 08:25 AM    (permalink
Addict
All-NFLDC

Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiver View Post
First off you did misspelled the name. Then you compounded your mistake by insulting the first person to call you out on it.
Well denial sometimes can be a very effective defense... not here though

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC
don't tell anyone, but Charlie Casserly is a dope fiend
Addict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2007, 08:28 AM    (permalink
JMiah
Rookie

Do you all want to discuss the spelling bee too since it means so much to all of you? Come on...
Old 06-05-2007, 08:34 AM    (permalink
Addict
All-NFLDC

Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiver View Post
Well you're a mod, could you fix the title before everyone starts post-whoring here to say the same thing over and over again?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMiah View Post
Do you all want to discuss the spelling bee too since it means so much to all of you? Come on...
They'll be pretty close, but Maroney will have the better running stats, while Addai will end up with more recieving yards. Essentially it's the difference in the teams, the Colts are pass-first and the Pats are ball control.

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC
don't tell anyone, but Charlie Casserly is a dope fiend
Addict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2007, 09:33 AM    (permalink
jkpigskin
Pro Bowler

jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i am intrigued of how each will play this year. Both, during their rookie seasons worked in a 2 back system, and now they will have to carry the full load this year.

personally, i think maroney is more talented, but IMO Addai is in a better situation to succeed.

Go Ravens!
jkpigskin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2007, 09:36 AM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkpigskin View Post
personally, i think maroney is more talented, but IMO Addai is in a better situation to succeed.
Yes and no NE on paper upgraded there O a whole lot but like I said on paper I like Maroney more my self.
Old 06-05-2007, 09:39 AM    (permalink
jkpigskin
Pro Bowler

jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splat420 View Post
Yes and no NE on paper upgraded there O a whole lot but like I said on paper I like Maroney more my self.
yea i know, i never said Maroney wasnt in a situation to succeed, i just think that Addai is perfect fit into a friendly offense and i think his situation is more favorable...

Go Ravens!
jkpigskin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2007, 09:42 AM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMiah View Post
Sorry I didn't spell it out for you. I guess the other second year Colts RB with the initials J.I. confused you.

If you need someone to change your diapers too, we can get you a social worker or something...
First of all, if you're going to talk second year RB's, you have to include Maurice Jones-Drew and Reggie Bush.

Secondly, Joseph Addai's initials are JA, not JI. Even if you spelled it out for me, it wouldn't have made any sense.

Finally, maybe small details such as spelling and writing posts that are relevant and complete in scope isn't it's not a big deal for you, but it is for the rest of us.

I am "America's Poster"... http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...9&postcount=25

Old 06-05-2007, 09:59 AM    (permalink
AlexDown
Pro Bowler

AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
First of all, if you're going to talk second year RB's, you have to include Maurice Jones-Drew and Reggie Bush.
No he doesn't. He is not comparing all of the second year RBs. He is asking, which one of these two will have a better year.
Old 06-05-2007, 10:04 AM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexDown View Post
No he doesn't. He is not comparing all of the second year RBs. He is asking, which one of these two will have a better year.
That is a limited discussion. While it is a decent thread, I believe it does a significant disservice to 2 top rookies from 2006 in Bush and MJD. Comparing and contrasting these 4 young players instead of the 2 specific ones would be more beneficial to the forum, IMO.

Old 06-05-2007, 10:13 AM    (permalink
JMiah
Rookie

Quote:
That is a limited discussion. While it is a decent thread, I believe it does a significant disservice to 2 top rookies from 2006 in Bush and MJD. Comparing and contrasting these 4 young players instead of the 2 specific ones would be more beneficial to the forum, IMO.
Not really... The Colts and Pats are rivals so that adds a little something more to the discussion of these two backs...

Furthermore... as I stated in the orignial question, Addai and Maroney now are the feature backs at their respective teams (Rhodes and Dillon are now gone). Unlike Bush (who still is backing up Deuce), Jones-Drew (who is also a 2 back guy) and Williams (2 back system)...

Thus one can clearly see that Addai and Maroney are set apart and good to compare and contrast... in that their teams are rivals and they have potentially won the starting roles on their respective teams and will thus recieve more carries, touches, etc...

I hope we can all have the freedom to post topics that are interesting to us, and hopefully interesting to others. In the future, if you do not enjoy a topic, feel free to keep your opinions to yourself...
Old 06-05-2007, 10:19 AM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

I can't disagree with your assessment here, but I believe that given the amount of field time for Jones-Drew and Bush, and their teams being potentially in the top 60% of the NFL, they should be in the discussion as well. Yes, they will share time, but both Bush and MJD are the future at RB for their respective teams.

Since this is a forum, I will continue to express my opinions about a variety of topics. I will enjoy this topic, and I will post, and you can enjoy my presence in this thread.

Old 06-05-2007, 10:52 AM    (permalink
JMiah
Rookie

Quote:
I can't disagree with your assessment here, but I believe that given the amount of field time for Jones-Drew and Bush, and their teams being potentially in the top 60% of the NFL, they should be in the discussion as well. Yes, they will share time, but both Bush and MJD are the future at RB for their respective teams.

Since this is a forum, I will continue to express my opinions about a variety of topics. I will enjoy this topic, and I will post, and you can enjoy my presence in this thread.
Sure... I'm not trying to be difficult... I appreciate other's posts... I just though it might be worth debating... kind of like a new Brady/Manning rivalry...
Old 06-05-2007, 11:00 AM    (permalink
Geo
Neo Geo (Moderator)
Icon

Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

J.I.?

Please mercy-kill this thread.
Geo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2007, 11:05 AM    (permalink
ricky bobby
Pro Bowler

Location: Oh please give me a good reputation. I'm so concerned with what you think about me!
ricky bobby hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geo View Post
J.I.?

Please mercy-kill this thread.
Just start talking about Michael Vick. It'll be only a matter of time before it's closed.
ricky bobby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2007, 11:28 AM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricky bobby View Post
Just start talking about Michael Vick. It'll be only a matter of time before it's closed.
Ha. Hilarious.

Old 06-05-2007, 12:08 PM    (permalink
toonsterwu
Legend

toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I like both of them, but I'll take my chances with Addai having a more productive year.
toonsterwu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2007, 12:22 PM    (permalink
IndyColtScout
Veteran

IndyColtScout could make a wolverine purr.IndyColtScout could make a wolverine purr.IndyColtScout could make a wolverine purr.IndyColtScout could make a wolverine purr.IndyColtScout could make a wolverine purr.IndyColtScout could make a wolverine purr.IndyColtScout could make a wolverine purr.IndyColtScout could make a wolverine purr.

If the Colts D can improve at all, that will increase the amount of possessions the O gets and increase Addai's carries. I'll go w/ Maroney right now, just because NE has a more balanced team than the Colts right now (mostly on D).
Old 06-05-2007, 12:49 PM    (permalink
CC.SD
Shock Therapist
All-NFLDC

CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Has Maroney ever carried the load before, even in college? He's a little smaller with a slight tendency to get nicked up. My money's on Addai.
CC.SD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2007, 02:10 PM    (permalink
remix 6
Pro Bowler

remix 6 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChargerCohen View Post
Has Maroney ever carried the load before, even in college? He's a little smaller with a slight tendency to get nicked up. My money's on Addai.
when did Addai carry the load? He was either injured or just didnt play much in college..
remix 6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2007, 02:15 PM    (permalink
draftguru151
:/
Legend

draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChargerCohen View Post
Maroney had two 200 carry seasons in college, Addai had none. Maroney had multiple 40 carry games his last year. He has definitely carried the load before. Maroney also weighs more than Addai.

Talent wise, I'll take Maroney every day. Addai really benefits playing in Indy and that might help his stats be a bit better than Maroney's.

<Gaius_Baltar> That is correct comahan
<vidae> I ******* LOVE YOU DG
<njx9> <3 dg
draftguru151 is offline   Reply With Quote