Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 06-05-2007, 10:25 AM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Ravens trying to ink Suggs

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/rumors;_...48sYEsiWQH8sMF

The Baltimore Ravens remain in negotiations with Pro Bowl outside linebacker Terrell Suggs, but no deal is believed to be imminent.

Suggs is entering the final season of his rookie contract and triggered an escalator clause with his 40th career sack that boosted his 2007 base salary to $5 million.

Suggs is the team's top negotiating priority, and they have been trying to sign him to a contract extension since shortly before the draft in April.
Old 06-05-2007, 10:27 AM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Not a bad idea at all to get Suggs locked up. They will want to prorate his salary and bonuses during a longer deal to give them additional cap flexibility. Suggs is a key piece to their defense, particularly with the free agent loss of Adalius Thomas to New England.

I am "America's Poster"... http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...9&postcount=25

bsaza2358 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2007, 10:28 AM    (permalink
jkpigskin
Pro Bowler

jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

wat a relief it would be to sign him to a new deal before the season starts....

he's still only 24, which is hard to believe

Go Ravens!
jkpigskin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2007, 10:29 AM    (permalink
jkpigskin
Pro Bowler

jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsaza2358 View Post
Not a bad idea at all to get Suggs locked up. They will want to prorate his salary and bonuses during a longer deal to give them additional cap flexibility. Suggs is a key piece to their defense, particularly with the free agent loss of Adalius Thomas to New England.
also, we didnt sign adalius to a new deal, partly due to our commitment to suggs who as i said is young and has more years left than AD

Go Ravens!
Old 06-05-2007, 10:32 AM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The guy is going to get huge money for sure they are going to have to break the bank on this one IMO.
Old 06-05-2007, 11:05 AM    (permalink
Nitschke-Hawk
Pro Bowler

Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.

He'll get like 6 years atleast 40 million.

Bosanac01
Nitschke-Hawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2007, 11:11 AM    (permalink
ricky bobby
Pro Bowler

Location: Oh please give me a good reputation. I'm so concerned with what you think about me!
ricky bobby hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nitschke-Hawk View Post
He'll get like 6 years atleast 40 million.
Oh easily. He's arguably a top 5 DE in the league. Look at what Adalius Thomas got, and he's much older than Suggs. Then look at what Grant from New Orleans got. Suggs is going to break the 55 million mark IMO.
ricky bobby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2007, 11:46 AM    (permalink
PalmerToCJ
Team Leader
All-Pro

PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This would be a VERY good move by the Ravens.

I really think they need to get him locked up before the season or they may not be able to re-sign him. He'd get massive money in FA (although I'm sure they would franchise him).
PalmerToCJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2007, 11:57 AM    (permalink
Geo
Neo Geo (Moderator)
Icon

Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I wouldn't be surprised if the Suggs, Freeney, and Peppers camps are likely waiting for one to make the first deal, setting precedent for the others to make their negotiations easier.

Maybe the Charles Grant signing is the first shoe to drop in this scenario, probably moreso that the aforementioned three should likely earn more.
Geo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2007, 12:22 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i wonder who he would go too if they do not resign him

i wonder if he would go to someone in the afc north
like the steelers or browns

interesting
i like him, its fun seein him on sundays against the steelers
Old 06-05-2007, 01:02 PM    (permalink
BigDawg819
All-NFLDC

BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Suggs will be re-signed, I figure sometime during training camp as is the history with these signings for the Ravens.

Magical sig by OSUGiants

SSAEL....... its a new revolution!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Job View Post
On another note, Nicklas Backstrom is amazingly good.
Quote:
Meanwhile, in hockey the other night, the Washington Capitals' Eric Belanger gets hit with a stick, loses EIGHT teeth, has an instant root canal in the locker room, comes back out and PLAYS and never says boo.

So new rule, NBA: Unless you have a root canal at halftime, SHUT UP AND PLAY!
BigDawg819 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2007, 01:03 PM    (permalink
jkpigskin
Pro Bowler

just wondering.... how much difference is the normal salary for DE's and OLB's?

Go Ravens!
Old 06-05-2007, 02:45 PM    (permalink
EdReedUnstoppable
Hall of Famer
Icon

EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HinesWardJr View Post
i wonder who he would go too if they do not resign him
I think we will re-sign him, but if we did not I wouldn't be surprised to see him sign with the Arizona Cardinals.

Xbox Live - Kevown8999
EdReedUnstoppable is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2007, 02:49 PM    (permalink
Addict
All-NFLDC

Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdReedUnstoppable View Post
I think we will re-sign him, but if we did not I wouldn't be surprised to see him sign with the Arizona Cardinals.
why is that?

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC
don't tell anyone, but Charlie Casserly is a dope fiend
Addict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2007, 02:53 PM    (permalink
jkpigskin
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Addict View Post
why is that?
tsuggs went to college there

Go Ravens!
Old 06-05-2007, 02:57 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

or Minnesota, I remember reading that Minnesota was his favorite team growing up. Apparently some drug dealers were after his family, the drug dealers picked a fight, T-sizzle whooped some ass then they moved to Arizona. I read that on a different board.
Old 06-05-2007, 02:57 PM    (permalink
Smooth Criminal
All-NFLDC

Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think he'll be resigned. He's a great player with alot of years left ahead of him. They need to get his deal done cause he's gonna get a ton of money in FA and they might not be able to match that number and end up losing another great defensive talent.

Thanks to The Dynasty for the sig
Smooth Criminal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2007, 03:01 PM    (permalink
Mr. Stiller
All-Pro

Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'd love to add him to Pittsburgh.. Suggs, Timmons, Foote and Woodley.. Young and very hungry..

We're supposed to have an all-time under the cap # next offseason. We run a 3-4.. he'll save us a draft pick we can dedicate to LT. My only question is, how many more big name guys can Baltimore literally afford to pay..

They lost 4 starters this past off-season....

Ogden will likely be gone next year so they need a new LT.

How many more years of McNair at what cost?

I don't know the contract details of Lewis, Reed, Gregg, or McCallister off the top of my head, but I'm thinking they're going to be pretty strapped here soon (Like I said though I'm not 100% sure of their cap).

I'm not dissing anyone, I'm just literally curious if they can afford him. Or who they'll have to lose.

Yeah, I play WoW too.[/center]
Mr. Stiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2007, 03:07 PM    (permalink
EdReedUnstoppable
Hall of Famer
Icon

EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
why is that?
He makes his offseason home in AZ and he loves the state of AZ.

Xbox Live - Kevown8999
Old 06-05-2007, 03:08 PM    (permalink
Addict
All-NFLDC

Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
He makes his offseason home in AZ and he loves the state of AZ.
Oh okay, well yeah that makes it a very good possibility.

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC
don't tell anyone, but Charlie Casserly is a dope fiend
Addict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2007, 03:08 PM    (permalink
EdReedUnstoppable
Hall of Famer
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Stiller View Post
I'd love to add him to Pittsburgh.. Suggs, Timmons, Foote and Woodley.. Young and very hungry..

We're supposed to have an all-time under the cap # next offseason. We run a 3-4.. he'll save us a draft pick we can dedicate to LT. My only question is, how many more big name guys can Baltimore literally afford to pay..

They lost 4 starters this past off-season....

Ogden will likely be gone next year so they need a new LT.

How many more years of McNair at what cost?

I don't know the contract details of Lewis, Reed, Gregg, or McCallister off the top of my head, but I'm thinking they're going to be pretty strapped here soon (Like I said though I'm not 100% sure of their cap).

I'm not dissing anyone, I'm just literally curious if they can afford him. Or who they'll have to lose.

Ray has I believe 2 or 3 years left under contract

Reed just signed a 6 year extension before last season

Gregg has 2 or 3 years left under contract

McAlister signed a 7 year contract back in 05

Xbox Live - Kevown8999
Old 06-05-2007, 03:09 PM    (permalink
EdReedUnstoppable
Hall of Famer
Icon

Quote:
Oh okay, well yeah that makes it a very good possibility.
Plus I think the Cardinals would drop huge money on him, to bring in a young defensive star.

Xbox Live - Kevown8999
Old 06-05-2007, 03:11 PM    (permalink
Mr. Stiller
All-Pro

Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Ray has I believe 2 or 3 years left under contract

Reed just signed a 6 year extension before last season

Gregg has 2 or 3 years left under contract

McAlister signed a 7 year contract back in 05
Thats what I thought, I just think with the money they've been throwing at their defenders (Not saying they're not worth it, they are). Just it's certainly strapping them to retain solid players.

Yeah, I play WoW too.[/center]
Mr. Stiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2007, 03:13 PM    (permalink
EdReedUnstoppable
Hall of Famer
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Stiller View Post
Thats what I thought, I just think with the money they've been throwing at their defenders (Not saying they're not worth it, they are). Just it's certainly strapping them to retain solid players.
Yeah and don't forget we just spent a fortune re-signing Todd Heap to a 6 year extension 2 years ago(which in my opinion was a mistake). Not saying I don't like Heap but we could find another TE who is just as good for cheaper.

Xbox Live - Kevown8999
Old 06-05-2007, 03:14 PM    (permalink
EdReedUnstoppable
Hall of Famer
Icon

And lets not forget the 7 year $42 mil waste that is our starting RB.

Xbox Live - Kevown8999