Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 06-06-2007, 11:38 PM    (permalink
Vikes99ej
Icon

Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Culpepper would be helping our team out if he hadn't opened up his mouth and started crying like a baby. Even though Childress does have that effect on people.
Vikes99ej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2007, 12:47 AM    (permalink
jkb528
Rookie

jkb528 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I'd love to see the numbers he could put up in Martz's system in Detroit if he was completely healthy. With all those Moss/Calvin Johnson comparisons, it'd be very interesting.
jkb528 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2007, 01:08 AM    (permalink
draftguru151
:/
Legend

draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

3 teams interested, not named, but Minnesota, Atlanta, and Chicago aren't interested.

<Gaius_Baltar> That is correct comahan
<vidae> I ******* LOVE YOU DG
<njx9> <3 dg
draftguru151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2007, 01:21 AM    (permalink
senormysterioso
Pro Bowler

senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'll bet it's random teams nobody thinks needs a quarterback like Washington, New England, and Dallas
senormysterioso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2007, 01:53 AM    (permalink
yodabear
Magic Fingers
Legend

yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by draftguru151 View Post
3 teams interested, not named, but Minnesota, Atlanta, and Chicago aren't interested.
Rams fans, don't yell at me cuz I thought they may have made a move for Pepp last year, which I was wrong, and thank god I was, but I think we could be one of these three teams. Due to the strong ties with Linehan.
Old 06-07-2007, 08:17 AM    (permalink
eacantdraft
Pro Bowler

eacantdraft smells like sex panther.

Miami sure has wasted many 2nd round draft picks on other team's reject QB's over the years. AJ Feely, Dante Culpepper. And I'm not high on John Beck either.
eacantdraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2007, 10:06 AM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Miami has wasted a lot of draft picks on a lot of different positions. QB is just the tip of the iceberg. They have done some things well, but their constant struggles to repair that OLine have been terrible.

I am "America's Poster"... http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...9&postcount=25

bsaza2358 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2007, 10:11 AM    (permalink
draftguru151
:/
Legend

draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eacantdraft View Post
Miami sure has wasted many 2nd round draft picks on other team's reject QB's over the years. AJ Feely, Dante Culpepper. And I'm not high on John Beck either.
Well I feel 100 times better about Beck now. Also neither of those guys were rejects. Joey Harrington was a reject. Trent Green even. Feely was a back up that played well and got traded, happens a decent amount, just didn't work out because we don't run a WCO, and Culpepper was a semi reject just because of the injury, but was still ridiculously talented.

The funny thing is all 3 of those moves were by 3 different people, Spielman, Saban, and Mueller/Cameron.

<Gaius_Baltar> That is correct comahan
<vidae> I ******* LOVE YOU DG
<njx9> <3 dg
draftguru151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2007, 10:21 AM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Where is Pepper headed out, maybe Oakland, to die off. Most people's careers go downhill when they join the Blackhole. Except Burgess, Maybe Pepper can help Russell, 5th or 6th round pick and taking a pay cut from 5.5 million doesnt sound bad for AL Davis
Old 06-07-2007, 11:13 PM    (permalink
Moses
All-NFLDC

Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/10217364

Oh man. They're choosing Green Bay as the most likely destination for Culpepper.
Moses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2007, 12:26 AM    (permalink
Don Vito
Team Leader
All-Pro

Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moses View Post

Oh man. They're choosing Green Bay as the most likely destination for Culpepper.
I guess it kinds of make sense, especially if they don't think Rodgers is ready yet if something happens to Favre.
Don Vito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2007, 04:00 AM    (permalink
Sveen
Pro Bowler

Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I can see him ending up in Jacksonville or Green Bay.

Signature made by me

Sveen's 2014 NFL Draft Spreadsheet
Sveen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2007, 04:39 AM    (permalink
Dam8610
Team Leader
All-Pro

Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Vito View Post
I guess it kinds of make sense, especially if they don't think Rodgers is ready yet if something happens to Favre.
If Rodgers isn't ready yet, he never will be.

The problem arises when people use statistics like a drunk uses a lamp post: for support instead of illumination.

If luck is where preparation meets opportunity, then clutch is where failure meets luck.

Quote:
<Add1ct> setting myself on fire can't be that hard
<Add1ct> but tackling a mosquito might prove a challenge
Dam8610 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2007, 06:42 AM    (permalink
Sveen
Pro Bowler

Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

True. He might end up as a career backup.

Signature made by me

Sveen's 2014 NFL Draft Spreadsheet
Sveen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2007, 10:17 AM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

looks that way right now, Oakland is where he needs to go, i dont really see him starting anywhere but Oakland, or detorit. Unless Jacksonville, doesnt like Byron.

ATL might be a place, Vick is in trouble, but they say the feds are taking their time with the case.
Old 06-08-2007, 10:28 AM    (permalink
Mr. Stiller
All-Pro

Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dam8610 View Post
If Rodgers isn't ready yet, he never will be.
I don't think they believe in Rodgers to ever hand the Packers over to him.

Yeah, I play WoW too.[/center]
Mr. Stiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2007, 11:17 AM    (permalink
Chief49er
Rookie

Chief49er could make a wolverine purr.Chief49er could make a wolverine purr.Chief49er could make a wolverine purr.Chief49er could make a wolverine purr.Chief49er could make a wolverine purr.Chief49er could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Vito View Post
Thought this deserves its own thread, Trent Green addition looks to have pushed him out. Not to sure if any other team will take a chance on him.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2894921
Atlanta here he comes!
Old 06-08-2007, 11:42 AM    (permalink
Flyboy
All-Pro

Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Stiller View Post
I don't think they believe in Rodgers to ever hand the Packers over to him.
Yeah, everything that the team has done after they drafted seems to suggest this.
The whole world loves neophyte athletic tight end Jimmy Graham from Miami with the 95th pick. "Best pick in the draft,'' one AFC coach told me. "Give him time, and in that offense, he'll be better than [Jeremy] Shockey by the start of next year.''

“We know that no matter the adversity, be it the lockout, be it the suspension or be it a hurricane, our men will pull together and defend the honor of this city. We’ve shown we’ve been able to do that.” - Jabari Greer
Flyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2007, 11:59 AM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

http://www.miamiherald.com/sports/fo...ry/133057.html

The Dolphins' final mini camp of the spring opened Friday morning with five quarterbacks on the field, including 2007 second-round pick John Beck, the recently traded for Trent Green and the not-traded-or-released-yet Daunte Culpepper.

Culpepper this week began campaigning for his release after being told the Dolphins planned to trade him elsewhere.

Because he's under contract, on the roster and medically cleared to practice, the Dolphins must let him participate in mini camp and risk him suffering an injury, thus staying on the Dolphins payroll.

While the team went through early practice stretching, Culpepper remained on the sideline doing agility drills.

For the morning practice, helmets were worn but no pads.
Old 06-08-2007, 12:23 PM    (permalink
Scar
Rookie

Scar hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moses View Post

LOL at the commentary on the Jets as a potential landing spot.

3. New York Jets -- Chad Pennington will be 31 by training camp, an aging veteran with a relatively weak arm (and a couple of shoulder surgeries to boot)....Culpepper would join a talented roster and sit behind a quarterback who has proven fragile throughout his career.

Is Culpepper not a 31 y/o-ish aging veteran with an extremely weak knee who has proven too fragile to play AT ALL? What's the theory here? Between Chad and Daunte, they figure one might be healthy enough to run out there any given week?
Scar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2007, 12:30 PM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Um, Culpepper is 29 and coming off a terrible season and still recovering from ACL repair. Is Culpepper really going to provide much leadership and support as a veteran backup? Also, doesn't this stunt the growth of supposed QB of the future Kellen Clemens?

I am "America's Poster"... http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...9&postcount=25

bsaza2358 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2007, 12:40 PM    (permalink
AlexDown
Pro Bowler

AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.

Does anyone know how many Miami Culpepper Jerseys have been sold?
Old 06-08-2007, 12:48 PM    (permalink
NIN1984
Pro Bowler

NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I heard Jags are very happy with Leftwich right now he looks good a camp he lost weight, he is the starter. They don't really need Culpepper
NIN1984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2007, 02:03 PM    (permalink
LionSmack
Veteran

LionSmack hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

From KFFL:

Quote:
Dolphins | Culpepper to block any trade
Fri, 8 Jun 2007 10:35:56 -0700

Alex Marvez, of the Sun-Sentinel, reports Miami Dolphins QB Daunte Culpepper will refuse to restructure his contract, which would essentially block the team from trading him. Culpepper is set to earn $5.5 million in base salary in 2007. "They're going to do what's best for them. Obviously, I'm going to do in my opinion what's best for me," Culpepper said. "I'm going to work out every day I'm here and continue to get myself healthier and physically better the best way I can." Culpepper has been barred from practice with the exception of one-on-one drills.

No way Miami can trade him now. He will be cut and I bet you he tries as hard as he can to stay in Florida.

I also bet he will not sign for a bargain contract this year, instead he will wait until his knee is 100% again, and demand top dollars for a long-term deal in 2008. I think Tampa is a very good bet after Garcia shows last year was his last hurrah and Simms' window to be a legit NFL QB finally closes.
LionSmack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2007, 02:30 PM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

Detorit is where he will end up