Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 06-07-2007, 07:32 PM    (permalink
Veteran

255979119 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by neko4 View Post
so would you take Trent Dilfer over Randall Cunningham?
But Trent was never a guy who would grab the team by its balls, and throw everyone upon his shoulders. That is what you look for in a quarterback.
255979119 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2007, 07:36 PM    (permalink
The Unseen
Team Leader
Icon

The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 255979119 View Post
But Trent was never a guy who would grab the team by its balls, and throw everyone upon his shoulders. That is what you look for in a quarterback.
"I've never seen a man lifted by his testicles before."

by BoneKrusher
Quote:
<DG> how metal unseen
Quote:
<TheUnseen> Drunken Canadian Bastard: There's an APS for that
The Unseen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2007, 07:38 PM    (permalink
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Unseen View Post
"I've never seen a man lifted by his testicles before."
I would hope you would not want to.
Old 06-07-2007, 08:34 PM    (permalink
Frisco-9ers

When people say Joe Montana is the Greatest quarterback of all time, it is because of what he did in theBIG situations.

Anyone remember the 1981 NFC Championship Game. Joe Montana to Dwight Clark (AKA the Catch).

1989 Superbowl Joe Montana pass to John Taylor

http://espn.go.com/sportscentury/features/00016306.html

"Take the 1989 Super Bowl against the Cincinnati Bengals. The San Francisco 49ers were down by three points with 3:20 left when Montana spotted -- no, not an open receiver -- but a personality. "There, in the stands, standing near the exit ramp," Montana said to tackle Harris Barton. "Isn't that John Candy?" And then he led the 49ers 92 yards, throwing for the winning touchdown with 34 seconds left."

Also I think this quote by Randy Cross fits this topic perfectly

"There have been, and will be, much better arms and legs and much better bodies on quarterbacks in the NFL," said former 49er teammate Randy Cross, "but if you have to win a game or score a touchdown or win a championship, the only guy to get is Joe Montana."

In a quarterback do you want the guy with the biggest arm, fastest legs or the quarterback who always comes up big, in the big situations
Old 06-07-2007, 09:08 PM    (permalink
Xonraider
All-Pro

Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
so would you take Trent Dilfer over Randall Cunningham?
Did you read the whole post?
Old 06-07-2007, 09:25 PM    (permalink
BlindSite
All-Pro

BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Never, but QBs singlehandedly make the team do something.

BlindSite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2007, 10:58 PM    (permalink
neko4
All-NFLDC

neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 255979119 View Post
Im not argueing against that, I was saying that since Trent won a SB, and Cunningham never even made it, would you rather have the SB winner or Cunningham

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xonraider View Post
Did you read the whole post?
yea it wasnt that long

Sig thanks to Bonekrusher
neko4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2007, 11:06 PM    (permalink
Xonraider
All-Pro

Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
1. Im not argueing against that, I was saying that since Trent won a SB, and Cunningham never even made it, would you rather have the SB winner or Cunningham

2. yea it wasnt that long
1. Would I rather have an average QB and win a super bowl or a very good one and not win one? I'll take the average one...

2. Then you would know I said I didn't necesarily concur to the point people look for.
Old 06-07-2007, 11:17 PM    (permalink
Geo
Neo Geo (Moderator)
Icon

Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

To me, John Elway is the best quarterback to have yet played the game, barely edging out Joe Montana.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMadLionsFan View Post
well.....Brian Cox was calling Manning overated because he never won a playoff game....and then when he won two in the same offseason against "bad defenses" he was till overrated....
Those two games were beautiful ... *sniff*

I'm pretty sure Hunter the Punter never saw the field for two weeks straight.
Geo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2007, 11:20 PM    (permalink
Geo
Neo Geo (Moderator)
Icon

Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiver View Post
Peyton Manning is playing in the golden age of Quarterback statistics. He is playing in a warm weather division, on an offensive centric team that focuses on bringing in talented weapons. (1st round picks on Tarik Glenn, Marvin Harrison, Edgerrin James, Reggie Wayne, Dallas Clark, Joseph Addai, Anthony Gonzalez, off the top of my head.) He's a great player, don't get me wrong, but of course he has great stats. His stats aren't even that much better than Marino, actually. Marino would be lighting up today's NFL.
Revisionist history eliminates the Colts from the AFC East? When it was the best division in football? That's a shame.

Also, one could probably add coaching (consistency) in favor of Manning depending on how they feel about offensive coordinator Tom Moore, offensive line coach Howard Mudd, runningbacks coach Gene Huey, and (since 2002) quarterbacks coach/assistant head coach Jim Caldwell among others.

Last edited by Geo : 06-07-2007 at 11:26 PM.
Geo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2007, 12:35 AM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm not excluding his AFC East seasons, at all.

Last edited by Shiver : 06-08-2007 at 12:37 AM.
Shiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2007, 04:10 AM    (permalink
SenorGato
Pro Bowler

SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yourfavestoner View Post
My favorite statistic: Bill Belichick failed out of Cleveland and was 5-13 in his tenure with New England before Tom Brady entered the starting lineup. The Patriots went on to win the Super Bowl that year and then two more with virtually the same lineup. Don't you think it might have been Brady that made the difference?
You know, many choose to think that because it's well...its pretty friggin convenient right? All the success came after Brady came in no?

But...Brady is protected by an O-line and has to throw to guys who catch the ball. Brady also hands it off this "running back" creature.

Theres no denying that Brady is a great QB, but theres no denying that BB is a HOF coach too. Not only that, but he's a HOF coach who surrounded himself with great, HC quality coordinators.

I mean, NO QB ever has done it all by himself. Elway spent most of his career with a defense that was always good and STILL underrated, and didn't win it all until he had a legit running game behind him (not to mention Shanahan's kickass coaching). Montana is the prototype for a WCO QB, and he was surrounded by scary talent all around (O, D, coaching). Manning's Colts realized he was the franchise, gave him weapons and an O-line and hoped for the best with the D.

Anyway, the way I look at QBs is "who would I take first" and heres my list:

1. Marino
2. Manning
3. Montana
4. Elway

IMO, Manning and Marino are two of the best pure passers the game has ever and will ever see. They fit any system, any team, at any point in history. Elway is the same way, but he was never as accurate as them and a bit more INT prone.

Favre never seems to get any credit in these QB discussions when I think about it...IMO he's very similar, if not BETTER than Elway.

Last edited by SenorGato : 06-08-2007 at 04:20 AM.
SenorGato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2007, 04:23 AM    (permalink
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by SenorGato View Post
You know, many choose to think that because it's well...its pretty friggin convenient right? All the success came after Brady came in no?

But...Brady is protected by an O-line and has to throw to guys who catch the ball. Brady also hands it off this "running back" creature.

Theres no denying that Brady is a great QB, but theres no denying that BB is a HOF coach too. Not only that, but he's a HOF coach who surrounded himself with great, HC quality coordinators.

I mean, NO QB ever has done it all by himself. Elway spent most of his career with a defense that was always good and STILL underrated, and didn't win it all until he had a legit running game behind him (not to mention Shanahan's kickass coaching). Montana is the prototype for a WCO QB, and he was surrounded by scary talent all around (O, D, coaching). Manning's Colts realized he was the franchise, gave him weapons and an O-line and hoped for the best with the D.

Anyway, the way I look at QBs is "who would I take first" and heres my list:

1. Marino
2. Manning
3. Montana
4. Elway

IMO, Manning and Marino are two of the best pure passers the game has ever and will ever see. They fit any system, any team, at any point in history. Elway is the same way, but he was never as accurate as them and a bit more INT prone.

Favre never seems to get any credit in these QB discussions when I think about it...IMO he's very similar, if not BETTER than Elway.
Manning was also god awful for most of the playoffs this year. His Defense in the playoffs was so well coached and always in the right position. Manning did do what he needed to do when they needed a score. So, I will give him a pass. :P
Old 06-08-2007, 05:04 AM    (permalink
Dam8610
Team Leader
All-Pro

Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yourfavestoner View Post
My favorite statistic: Bill Belichick failed out of Cleveland and was 5-13 in his tenure with New England before Tom Brady entered the starting lineup. The Patriots went on to win the Super Bowl that year and then two more with virtually the same lineup. Don't you think it might have been Brady that made the difference?
Yeah, it was all Brady. It wasn't that defense that went from near bottom of the barrel to elite in the course of a season and pretty much carried them in the Super Bowl that year. Nope, all Brady. Just like in 03 (Pats had the top ranked defense in the NFL) and 04 (Pats had the 2nd ranked defense in the NFL), it was Brady, not the amazing defenses/schemes Belichick and Crennel concocted, that got the Pats to the pinnacle.

The problem arises when people use statistics like a drunk uses a lamp post: for support instead of illumination.

If luck is where preparation meets opportunity, then clutch is where failure meets luck.

Quote:
<Add1ct> setting myself on fire can't be that hard
<Add1ct> but tackling a mosquito might prove a challenge
Dam8610 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2007, 06:13 AM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo View Post
Manning makes his supporting cast great. Who the hell is Brandon Stockley anyhow? How did Edge hold up last year without Manning? It isnt an argument THE GREATEST EVER.

Elway cant hold Mannings Jock, he is nothing more than a joke 56%.... puh-leeze. McNabb puts up better #'s than Elway.
By the way, who the hell is Jabar Gaffney? Reche Caldwell? Since when is Troy Brown Marvin Harrison? The Elway statement may have been one of the dumbest I have ever seen.

Dam8610, I love how when someone mentions the NE success people like you always credit Belichick and Crennel, but when the Colts win, well Peyton did this, Peyton did that. Very fair both ways I see.

Bottom line, I base a QB on if a playoff game is tied, 2 minutes to go, 80 yards away, who do I want as my QB? Not one of you can legitimately say you'd rather have Manning over Brady in that case. Don't even attempt it. Throw out 6 touchdown games in 42-7 wins, I don't care about this. If I want a fantasy football title, give me Peyton. If I want a ring, give me Brady
Sniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2007, 11:01 AM    (permalink
luckyjackaubrey
Veteran

Location: South Jersey via Nantucket thru Presque Isle with future considerations
luckyjackaubrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.luckyjackaubrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.luckyjackaubrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.luckyjackaubrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.luckyjackaubrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.luckyjackaubrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.luckyjackaubrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.luckyjackaubrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.luckyjackaubrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.luckyjackaubrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.luckyjackaubrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

you can't compare stats from different eras. In The mid 70's (when I can say I began watching) and 80's passing was far different. 50% was the guage and rarely did anyone top 60% . the aim was the quick strike, the big hit. The yards per catch was much higher too. You would not see a wr averaging 9.9 or 10.4 yrds and stay on the field. I remember the Pats having Morgan and Harrold Jackson both at over 20 yrds per catch or close to it all the time.

Today's dink and dunk inflates those numbers of the modern Qb. So stop using stats to say Manning is better than Elway, that is a very naive arguement
luckyjackaubrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2007, 12:08 PM    (permalink
Ewing
Pro Bowler

Ewing is a cocksman.Ewing is a cocksman.Ewing is a cocksman.Ewing is a cocksman.

Quote:
Rings have nothing to do with a player being good at all. It determines if he played for a good TEAM or not. Peyton Manning is the best QB to ever play the game(by a pretty good amount). Tom Brady isnt in his league.
Ewing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2007, 01:06 PM    (permalink
Neo
Rookie

Neo needs more cowbell.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ewing View Post
Joe Montana and John Elway... are you people kidding me. Again Peyton is the greatest QB to ever play the game without playing a superbowl. Superbowls have nothing absolutely nothing to do with individual talent. It has to do with being on a good team... Joesph Addie is better than Barry Sanders with that logic. Its silly and you all know it. Peyton grew up to be the perfect QB and that is what he has become. He is absolutely scary at the line of scrimmage. He is the Robo QB that worked.

Again... Does Peyton not have more TD passes than your boy joe? absolutely and only after 9 seasons...
McNabb's first 8 seasons are by far superior to Elways.
Neo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2007, 01:12 PM    (permalink
Neo
Rookie

Neo needs more cowbell.

Quote:
Originally Posted by luckyjackaubrey View Post
you can't compare stats from different eras. In The mid 70's (when I can say I began watching) and 80's passing was far different. 50% was the guage and rarely did anyone top 60% . the aim was the quick strike, the big hit. The yards per catch was much higher too. You would not see a wr averaging 9.9 or 10.4 yrds and stay on the field. I remember the Pats having Morgan and Harrold Jackson both at over 20 yrds per catch or close to it all the time.

Today's dink and dunk inflates those numbers of the modern Qb. So stop using stats to say Manning is better than Elway, that is a very naive arguement
Interesting Argument but it just doenst hold up... realistically Manning averages more per attempt by over a half of a yard. Elway was also under 60% 3 of his last 4 years in the league... hardly a different era. Elway never threw for over 30 TD's. Essentially you are a jokeing if you think Elway is in Mannings league...
Old 06-08-2007, 01:14 PM    (permalink
Neo
Rookie

Neo needs more cowbell.

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
your only bloody argument is stats. have you watched anyone BUT manning play? has ANYONE used super bowls alone? this is the most poorly constructed argument i've seen in months on this board.

i'm done. i'd frankly rather argue about vick and eli at the same time in a small enclosed space with eacantdraft than listen to you repeat yourself over and over about quarterbacks you never saw play.
Yes i have watched manning play he is ridiculous.... Elway... he was good... McNabb like at best (i am giving him some credit even though his #'s dont hold a flame to McNabb and in 8 seasons McNabb has also won a ton of games without winning a superbowl the same as Elway)

McNabb's First 8 > Elway's first 8. FACT
Old 06-08-2007, 01:15 PM    (permalink
Acreboy
Pro Bowler

Acreboy hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.Acreboy hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Joe Montana and John Elway... are you people kidding me. Again Peyton is the greatest QB to ever play the game without playing a superbowl. Superbowls have nothing absolutely nothing to do with individual talent. It has to do with being on a good team... Joesph Addie is better than Barry Sanders with that logic. Its silly and you all know it. Peyton grew up to be the perfect QB and that is what he has become. He is absolutely scary at the line of scrimmage. He is the Robo QB that worked.

Quote:
Again... Does Peyton not have more TD passes than your boy joe? absolutely and only after 9 seasons...
Elway also ended his career with 2 SB wins.

Quote:
Essentially you are a jokeing if you think Elway is in Mannings league...
Elway HOF, Manning not.

Manning will get there. Until he does Manning is not in Elways league.
Acreboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2007, 01:17 PM    (permalink
Neo
Rookie

Neo needs more cowbell.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acreboy View Post

Elway also ended his career with 2 SB wins.

Elway HOF, Manning not.

Manning will get there. Until he does Manning is not in Elways league.
If Manning walked out today he wuold be in the hall of fame. The real question isnt if Manning is better than Elway.. he is thats a fact. The question is Donovan McNabb on pace to be better than Elway. He is Thats a fact.

Also Terrell Davis won 2 superbowls. Elway Who?
Old 06-08-2007, 01:18 PM    (permalink
Ewing
Pro Bowler

Ewing is a cocksman.Ewing is a cocksman.Ewing is a cocksman.Ewing is a cocksman.

Quote:

I'm sorry to all the mods but that's the nicest way I can put the following. Shut the **** up. You don't know **** about football. It's people like you that **** up the game for the rest of us who actually understand history and different eras. Not only that, but you're so damn stupid you said "Peyton is the greatest QB ever to play the game without playing a superbowl." He just won Super Bowl MVP five months ago you idiot. Get the **** out and never come back.
Ewing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2007, 01:23 PM    (permalink
Neo
Rookie

Neo needs more cowbell.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ewing View Post
I'm sorry to all the mods but that's the nicest way I can put the following. Shut the **** up. You don't know **** about football. It's people like you that **** up the game for the rest of us who actually understand history and different eras. Not only that, but you're so damn stupid you said "Peyton is the greatest QB ever to play the game without playing a superbowl." He just won Super Bowl MVP five months ago you idiot. Get the **** out and never come back.
You should be banned for this... you are just being a little bit silly i am pretty sure i have demonstrated a superiour football knowledge. I am sorry you have a man crush on elway but regardless of a superbowl or not Manning is better. TEAMS win superbowls... not individual players. Drew Bledsoe won a superbowl does anybody care? No. I understand Elway played back in the day, but that does not excuse him for being awful at throwing the football. I am aware Peyton won the superbowl but that is meaningless on his resume of greatness. Watch the man play he is ridiculuos, unlike that sloppy McNabb wannabe Elway. (McNabb is superior at just about every level through 8 years FACT) Get over your man Crush Peyton is the greatest to ever Play. Opps i forgot Kevin Faulk is a better RB than Barry Sanders right? PUH-LEEEZE

Being on a good team doesnt make you a good player
Old 06-08-2007, 01:24 PM    (permalink
SubNoize
Veteran

SubNoize is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SubNoize is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SubNoize is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SubNoize is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SubNoize is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SubNoize is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SubNoize is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SubNoize is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SubNoize is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SubNoize is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SubNoize is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Yes i have watched manning play he is ridiculous.... Elway... he was good... McNabb like at best (i am giving him some credit even though his #'s dont hold a flame to McNabb and in 8 seasons McNabb has also won a ton of games without winning a superbowl the same as Elway)

McNabb's First 8 > Elway's first 8. FACT
Wow, you are a misinformed, confused individual. I have never seen such disgusting fangirl garbage spewed in my entire life. You do realize that the modern era of football is so pansy when it comes to contact that it pretty much allows for passing stats to be grossly inflated for "entertainment." Marino, Elway and Montana played in a time where the defender could maul a receiver and it was just part of the game, and inspite that were still able to put up solid stats and win big games. When Manning can lead his team in the clutch as well as Elway or Montana you call me, because frankly he's still a choker in big situations. Manning has been consitently bad when the games have mattered, you know the ones in Jan. One Super Bowl victory that was lead mostly by defense and a solid run game isn't going to dispell critics'. Addai better than Barry??? Are you joking? Please tell me you are beacuse if you're not that you should never be able to speak about football ever again...
SubNoize is offline   Reply With Quote