Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 06-08-2007, 07:33 PM    (permalink
reese

my top 3 is

1. marino
2. elway
3. favre

those guys i think in any system on any team and in any era would be the best

manning, when he is done will be up close to the top but he isnt there yet...if he is pressured alot he screws up...marino while not being able to run had a great pocket presence that manning doesnt have...favre & elway= playmakers...they put up numbers...they are leaders...they lead comebacks...those 3 are hands down the best to me....i leave montana out only becuz i dont think that he would be who he is had it not been for the situation he played in...look at it this way...put my 3 in montana's shoes..do they win those 4 super bowls? i think yes....put montana in any of there shoes and would he have had the careers that they did? i dont think so..but thats just my humble opinion
Old 06-08-2007, 10:06 PM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffSamardzijaIRISH View Post
Okay, who the hell is Mario? Dude you imported Mario onto Madden???
He obviously just left out the N, not to hard to work out.

Caddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2007, 10:07 PM    (permalink
JeffSamardzijaIRISH
Pro Bowler

JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 24cadillac24 View Post
He obviously just left out the N, not to hard to work out.
But he did it in like 3 posts
Old 06-08-2007, 10:19 PM    (permalink
PoopSandwich
All-Pro

PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo View Post
Manning makes his supporting cast great. Who the hell is Brandon Stockley anyhow? How did Edge hold up last year without Manning? It isnt an argument THE GREATEST EVER.

Elway cant hold Mannings Jock, he is nothing more than a joke 56%.... puh-leeze. McNabb puts up better #'s than Elway.
Worst comment ever....

More like "Who the hell is Dallas Clark, Marvin Harrison, Reggie Wayne, and Joseph Addai."

Thats how nobodies become good.

"If something happens, and it's the Cleveland Browns, I'm going to pour my heart out for the Dawg Pound and try to win a Super Bowl for Cleveland," he said. "I don't care if they've had 20 starting quarterbacks since 1999. I'm going to be the 21st and the guy that brought them the Super Bowl." - JFF
PoopSandwich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2007, 02:37 AM    (permalink
SenorGato
Pro Bowler

SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acreboy View Post
Elway went back to back. The RB situation shouldn't hold water because as long as Shanahan has been there it's always been "insert RB" and have success. Shanahan knew this and thats why he traded Portis for Bailey. If Portis was important enough he would still be a Bronco.

Also, whats the WTF for? Everyone knows Manning is a lock, but he aint in Canton right now.

If Mario is a DB and he gets beat you can fire shells at the WR. Awesomeness.
1. You're ignoring that I used Shanahan as a reason. Elway was a much better QB with him as a coach (and a running game). And he was part of a 50+ man TEAM that went back to back.

2. What relevance does it have? Manning is obviously a HOFer...the fact that he's a garauntee before his career is even close to done says alot no?

3. I don't even know what that means.

Last edited by SenorGato : 06-09-2007 at 02:39 AM.
SenorGato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2007, 04:08 AM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffSamardzijaIRISH View Post
But he did it in like 3 posts
He obviously made the mistake more than once.??

Caddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2007, 02:55 PM    (permalink
DeathbyStat
Pro Bowler

DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

QBs are like Presidents they get too much credit when things are good and too much blame when things are bad.

Thank you Lebron James, you are truly a King Among Men.

"O-H-I-O...its a four letter word."
Mike Tirico

Magilla Gorilla ain'ta killa, ...

Roger Goodell's Beautify the NFL Campaign-No Violence-No Criminals-No Fun

I remember Marshawn Lynch
DeathbyStat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2007, 03:06 PM    (permalink
Neo
Rookie

Neo needs more cowbell.

Nobody has yet to explain to me how Elway is even in Manning's league so i'll assume i have already won that. Now explain to me how McNabb at this point in his career isnt considered a significantly better QB than Elway after 8 seasons.
Neo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2007, 03:17 PM    (permalink
neko4
All-NFLDC

neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
1) Explain how McNabb's first 8 years were not better (alot better) than Elways.
2) Manning is obviously the greatest QB to ever strap them up. I am sorry for all you people who for some reason hate on him. He is absolutely ridiculous at football.
Hmm probably cuz
Manning chokes in the playoffs!

Quote:
I didnt have a negitive rep until people got all bitter that i dont agree that Elway or Marino or Montana or Johnny U are better than Manning, then i pretty much dominate the argument. So they give me a negitive rep, the mods obviously are playing favorites which i find as ridiculous. Pretty much the people cannot argue logically and cannot defend Elway's 56% completion % and his (lesser McNabb type #'s) so they Negitive rep me. It is really ridiculous. I mean i guess i would be bitter too if i sat around in my house wearing a jersey of some rich guy.
You truly have no respect for the NFL's rich history and think #'s are the end all be all.

Quote:
Nobody has yet to explain to me how Elway is even in Manning's league so i'll assume i have already won that. Now explain to me how McNabb at this point in his career isnt considered a significantly better QB than Elway after 8 seasons.
Hmm lets see
because staats are only a small battle, and Elway has what 2 or 3 great comebacks in his career. Plus Elway had been a great QB all throughout his career. McNabb probably wont make it to 11 or 12 season if he keeps getting hurt.

Anyway my list:
1-Johnny U
2-Montana
3-Baugh (Put up crazy stats for his day)
4-Elway (The greatest comeback QB ever, good throughout his career)
5-Marino (Most prolific on crap teams)
6-Otto Graham (Everyone please look him up)
7-Brett Favre (Close to breaking Marino's TD record in a shorter time, would be ahead of him if not for INT's)
8-Staubach
9-Starr
10-Tarkenton

Sig thanks to Bonekrusher
neko4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2007, 03:26 PM    (permalink
Neo
Rookie

Neo needs more cowbell.

Quote:
Originally Posted by neko4 View Post
Hmm probably cuz
Manning chokes in the playoffs!

You truly have no respect for the NFL's rich history and think #'s are the end all be all.

Hmm lets see
because staats are only a small battle, and Elway has what 2 or 3 great comebacks in his career. Plus Elway had been a great QB all throughout his career. McNabb probably wont make it to 11 or 12 season if he keeps getting hurt.

Anyway my list:
1-Johnny U
2-Montana
3-Baugh (Put up crazy stats for his day)
4-Elway (The greatest comeback QB ever, good throughout his career)
5-Marino (Most prolific on crap teams)
6-Otto Graham (Everyone please look him up)
7-Brett Favre (Close to breaking Marino's TD record in a shorter time, would be ahead of him if not for INT's)
8-Staubach
9-Starr
10-Tarkenton

1) His team doesnt win in the playoffs... believe it or not more than one player suits up. Winning Superbowls has nothing to do with being a good QB. Manning is better than anyone on that list. Johnny U lol... please. People tend to remember the past having some golden ray of sunshine over it. You people arent making any respectable arguments. FACT is Manning is the best QB to ever put on a uniform.

BTW just admit there is NO DOUBT that McNabb's Career thus far is better than Elways at the same point, and it isnt even close. McNabb dominates Elway in just about every part of the game at this point. Just say that McNabb>Elway.

Manning > hahah Johnny U and Montana and the rest of those decent players
Old 06-09-2007, 03:28 PM    (permalink
draftguru151
:/
Legend

draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

My goodness you just called Unitas and Montana decent players.

<Gaius_Baltar> That is correct comahan
<vidae> I ******* LOVE YOU DG
<njx9> <3 dg
draftguru151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2007, 03:36 PM    (permalink
neko4
All-NFLDC

neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
1) His team doesnt win in the playoffs... believe it or not more than one player suits up. Winning Superbowls has nothing to do with being a good QB. Manning is better than anyone on that list. Johnny U lol... please. People tend to remember the past having some golden ray of sunshine over it. You people arent making any respectable arguments. FACT is Manning is the best QB to ever put on a uniform.

BTW just admit there is NO DOUBT that McNabb's Career thus far is better than Elways at the same point, and it isnt even close. McNabb dominates Elway in just about every part of the game at this point. Just say that McNabb>Elway.

Manning > hahah Johnny U and Montana and the rest of those decent players
Dude i really cant stand you? You probably dont even know what Johnny U had done in his career.

Dad died while he was young, Manning's dad tutored him at a very young age.
Was considered undersized, Manning is of the ideal size.
Won first sudden death game, Manning has choked in playoffs.
3 Time MVP (only Favre has matched that), Manning has won 2
Mobile, Manning cant run
First QB to throw 40,000, despite 12-14 game seasons
47 consecutive games w/ a TD, a record that still stands
U was drafted in the 19th round, Manning a top 10 pick

Old 06-09-2007, 04:30 PM    (permalink
Neo
Rookie

Neo needs more cowbell.

Quote:
Dude i really cant stand you? You probably dont even know what Johnny U had done in his career.

Dad died while he was young, Manning's dad tutored him at a very young age.
Was considered undersized, Manning is of the ideal size.
Won first sudden death game, Manning has choked in playoffs.
3 Time MVP (only Favre has matched that), Manning has won 2
Mobile, Manning cant run
First QB to throw 40,000, despite 12-14 game seasons
47 consecutive games w/ a TD, a record that still stands
U was drafted in the 19th round, Manning a top 10 pick
Dad dying while young is apparently supposed to make me think he is better at football. Manning's Dad tutored him at a very young age... one of many reasons why he is better.

Was considered undersized- (dead dad must not have given him proper genetics) Manning Perfect size another reason why he is better.

Teams win playoff games from the best of my knowledge not just one player.
40,000 yards.... but you use 12-14 game season as if it is something that would make that more impressive... it isnt, a single season stat would be impressive if you were going to bring up 12 to 14 game season... not career (silly).
Wasnt drafted till 19th round apparently makes him better? that isnt logical.

That has to be the worst logical defense of Johnny U i have ever seen, You made exactly zero good points. I am sitting here and laughing at your argumentation. Just because he overachevied and overcame a "rough life" or other such nonsense still doesnt make him a better player. I mean this is silly am i right guys, I mean seriously get off Doug Flute seniors junk. He still couldnt hold Peytons Jock.

Plus talk about Choking... Johnny U is king Superbowl 3 anybody. (btw speaking of god awful QB's how about Joe Namath.)
Old 06-09-2007, 04:34 PM    (permalink
Severe Punishment
Veteran

Severe Punishment hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by draftguru151 View Post
My goodness you just called Unitas and Montana decent players.
"Which brings me to my next point kids, Don't smoke crack" - Lawrence Taylor.
Severe Punishment is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2007, 05:34 PM    (permalink
JK17
Pro Bowler

JK17 could make a wolverine purr.JK17 could make a wolverine purr.JK17 could make a wolverine purr.JK17 could make a wolverine purr.JK17 could make a wolverine purr.JK17 could make a wolverine purr.

Can we just lock this thread, all it consists of is Neo making the same, bad points that no one with an educated sports opinion will bother replying to...
JK17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2007, 05:45 PM    (permalink
SubNoize
Veteran

SubNoize is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SubNoize is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SubNoize is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SubNoize is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SubNoize is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SubNoize is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SubNoize is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SubNoize is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SubNoize is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SubNoize is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SubNoize is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

OK so I'm going to scoop to Neo's stats level and destroy his arguments...
OK for fun lets assume Manning will play 5 more years, giving him a 14 year career, pretty long for a QB...

1. Dan Marino, Mia 61,361

2. John Elway, Den 51,475

3. x-Brett Favre, Atl-GB 50,990

4. Warren Moon, Hou-Min-Sea-KC 49,325

5. Fran Tarkenton, Min-NYG 47,003

6. x-Vinny Testaverde TB-Cle-Bal-NYJ-Dal-NYJ 44,799

7. Dan Fouts, SD 43,040

8. x-Drew Bledsoe, NE-Buf-Dal 41,471

9. Joe Montana, SF-KC 40,551

10. Johnny Unitas, Bal-SD 40,239

11. Dave Krieg, Sea-KC-Det-Ari-Chi-Ten 38,147

12. Boomer Esiason, Cin-NYJ-Ari-Cin 37,920

13. Jim Kelly, Buf 35,467

14. Jim Everett, LA-NO-SD 34,837

15. Jim Hart, StL-Wash 34,665

16. Steve DeBerg, SF-Den-TB-KC-TB-Mia-Atl 34,241

17. John Hadl, LA Rams-GB-LA Chargers-SD 33,503

18. Phil Simms, NYG 33,462

19. Steve Young, TB-SF 33,124

20. Troy Aikman, Dal 32,942

21. Ken Anderson, Cin 32,838

22. Sonny Jurgensen, Wash-Phil 32,224

23. John Brodie, SF 31,548

24. Norm Snead, Was-Phil-NYG-Min-SF 30,797

25. x-Peyton Manning, Ind 30,756

If Peyton passed for 4,000 yards in each of those season he wouldn't pass those decent QBs Marino or Elway... That's assuming he can do so.

. Dan Marino 420

2. x-Brett Favre 388

3. Fran Tarkenton 342

4. John Elway 300

5. Warren Moon 291

6. Johnny Unitas 290

7. Joe Montana 273

8. x-Vinny Testaverde 268

9. Dave Krieg 261

10. Sonny Jurgensen 255

11. Dan Fouts 254

12. Boomer Esiason 247

13. John Hadl 244

14. Len Dawson 239

15. Jim Kelly 237

16. George Blanda 236

17. x-Drew Bledsoe 232

17. Steve Young 232

19. x-Peyton Manning 225

20. John Brodie 214

21. Terry Bradshaw 212

21. Y.A. Tittle 212

23. Jim Hart 209

24. Randall Cunningham 207

25. Jim Everett 203

26. Roman Gabriel 201

Lets say Peyton also got 30 TDs in each of those season, he wouldn't pass Marino or Elway, leaving him #3 in yet another category...

. Dan Marino 4,967

2. x-Brett Favre 4,426

3. John Elway 4,123

4. Warren Moon 3,988

5. Fran Tarkenton 3,686

6. x-Vinny Testaverde 3,656

7. x-Drew Bledsoe 3,573

8. Joe Montana 3,409

9. Dan Fouts 3,297

10. Dave Krieg 3,105

11. Boomer Esiason 2,969

12. Troy Aikman 2,898

13. Jim Kelly 2,874

13. Steve DeBerg 2,874

15. Jim Everett 2,841

16. Johnny Unitas 2,830

17. Steve Young 2,667

18. Ken Anderson 2,654

19. Jim Hart 2,593

20. x-Peyton Manning 2,582

21. Phil Simms 2,576

22. Rich Gannon 2,533

Peyton has averaged 320 completions per year, add that times 5 which gives him about 1,614 more completions add that onto existing and Mr. Manning would be yet again #3 barely surpassing the "average" John Elway.

So tell me Neo, where in finishing about 3rd in every category here, is Manning qualifying as the undisputed best ever??? To me by your logic he's going to end up 3rd best... Thank you for being an idiot, feel free to exit to the left and get the fudge out. buh bye
SubNoize is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2007, 05:57 PM    (permalink
Neo
Rookie

Neo needs more cowbell.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SubNoize View Post
OK so I'm going to scoop to Neo's stats level and destroy his arguments...
OK for fun lets assume Manning will play 5 more years, giving him a 14 year career, pretty long for a QB...

1. Dan Marino, Mia 61,361

2. John Elway, Den 51,475

3. x-Brett Favre, Atl-GB 50,990

4. Warren Moon, Hou-Min-Sea-KC 49,325

5. Fran Tarkenton, Min-NYG 47,003

6. x-Vinny Testaverde TB-Cle-Bal-NYJ-Dal-NYJ 44,799

7. Dan Fouts, SD 43,040

8. x-Drew Bledsoe, NE-Buf-Dal 41,471

9. Joe Montana, SF-KC 40,551

10. Johnny Unitas, Bal-SD 40,239

11. Dave Krieg, Sea-KC-Det-Ari-Chi-Ten 38,147

12. Boomer Esiason, Cin-NYJ-Ari-Cin 37,920

13. Jim Kelly, Buf 35,467

14. Jim Everett, LA-NO-SD 34,837

15. Jim Hart, StL-Wash 34,665

16. Steve DeBerg, SF-Den-TB-KC-TB-Mia-Atl 34,241

17. John Hadl, LA Rams-GB-LA Chargers-SD 33,503

18. Phil Simms, NYG 33,462

19. Steve Young, TB-SF 33,124

20. Troy Aikman, Dal 32,942

21. Ken Anderson, Cin 32,838

22. Sonny Jurgensen, Wash-Phil 32,224

23. John Brodie, SF 31,548

24. Norm Snead, Was-Phil-NYG-Min-SF 30,797

25. x-Peyton Manning, Ind 30,756

If Peyton passed for 4,000 yards in each of those season he wouldn't pass those decent QBs Marino or Elway... That's assuming he can do so.

. Dan Marino 420

2. x-Brett Favre 388

3. Fran Tarkenton 342

4. John Elway 300

5. Warren Moon 291

6. Johnny Unitas 290

7. Joe Montana 273

8. x-Vinny Testaverde 268

9. Dave Krieg 261

10. Sonny Jurgensen 255

11. Dan Fouts 254

12. Boomer Esiason 247

13. John Hadl 244

14. Len Dawson 239

15. Jim Kelly 237

16. George Blanda 236

17. x-Drew Bledsoe 232

17. Steve Young 232

19. x-Peyton Manning 225

20. John Brodie 214

21. Terry Bradshaw 212

21. Y.A. Tittle 212

23. Jim Hart 209

24. Randall Cunningham 207

25. Jim Everett 203

26. Roman Gabriel 201

Lets say Peyton also got 30 TDs in each of those season, he wouldn't pass Marino or Elway, leaving him #3 in yet another category...

. Dan Marino 4,967

2. x-Brett Favre 4,426

3. John Elway 4,123

4. Warren Moon 3,988

5. Fran Tarkenton 3,686

6. x-Vinny Testaverde 3,656

7. x-Drew Bledsoe 3,573

8. Joe Montana 3,409

9. Dan Fouts 3,297

10. Dave Krieg 3,105

11. Boomer Esiason 2,969

12. Troy Aikman 2,898

13. Jim Kelly 2,874

13. Steve DeBerg 2,874

15. Jim Everett 2,841

16. Johnny Unitas 2,830

17. Steve Young 2,667

18. Ken Anderson 2,654

19. Jim Hart 2,593

20. x-Peyton Manning 2,582

21. Phil Simms 2,576

22. Rich Gannon 2,533

Peyton has averaged 320 completions per year, add that times 5 which gives him about 1,614 more completions add that onto existing and Mr. Manning would be yet again #3 barely surpassing the "average" John Elway.

So tell me Neo, where in finishing about 3rd in every category here, is Manning qualifying as the undisputed best ever??? To me by your logic he's going to end up 3rd best... Thank you for being an idiot, feel free to exit to the left and get the fudge out. buh bye
Look how dumb this guy is using old stats and completely destroying all credibility. HAHAHAHAHAHAH

Thats cute only giving him 5 more seasons or so considering all the QB's that would be above him have played longer. Its a silly stat comparasion on your part, and considering Peyton hasnt ever missed a game ever, he could be playing the next 10 seasons. All you can do is his first 9 vs other QB's.... and Peyton wins my friend. Peyton's stats year in and year out are better than the best seasons of John Elways career. Joe Montana was good, So was Marino however, if you want to be realistic there is no doubt that Manning is better. Also giving Peyton only 4000 a year for the next 5 is underrating him... All those QB's played 15 seasons or more.

How sad is this... Peyton Manning in 9 years already has passed Joe Montana's Career TD mark, and he will pass his yardage in next year. Montana is 2/3's Manning... its sad... really it is

Oh and btw when you want to act smart get updated stats... Dumb dumb dumb dumb

Last edited by Neo : 06-09-2007 at 05:59 PM.
Old 06-09-2007, 06:02 PM    (permalink
Neo
Rookie

Neo needs more cowbell.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JK17 View Post
Can we just lock this thread, all it consists of is Neo making the same, bad points that no one with an educated sports opinion will bother replying to...
Again explain how Peyton isnt the best QB of all time...

Whats with all the Peyton hate, he is just that good... appreciate it, you are getting to watch the best QB to ever play the game. Do you people put on old VCR tapes and fast foward through all the Elway picks to get the 1 or 2 plays he has done well.
Old 06-09-2007, 06:12 PM    (permalink
JK17
Pro Bowler

JK17 could make a wolverine purr.JK17 could make a wolverine purr.JK17 could make a wolverine purr.JK17 could make a wolverine purr.JK17 could make a wolverine purr.JK17 could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Thats cute only giving him 5 more seasons or so considering all the QB's that would be above him have played longer. Its a silly stat comparasion on your part, and considering Peyton hasnt ever missed a game ever, he could be playing the next 10 seasons. All you can do is his first 9 vs other QB's.... and Peyton wins my friend. Peyton's stats year in and year out are better than the best seasons of John Elways career. Joe Montana was good, So was Marino however, if you want to be realistic there is no doubt that Manning is better. Also giving Peyton only 4000 a year for the next 5 is underrating him... All those QB's played 15 seasons or more.

How sad is this... Peyton Manning in 9 years already has passed Joe Montana's Career TD mark, and he will pass his yardage in next year. Montana is 2/3's Manning... its sad... really it is
Okay, I'm going to break what I said earlier, I can't watch this anymore.

Montana 2/3's Manning? Just stop being ridiculous right now. Not only are you only looking at his damn career TD's in making that assumption, but on top of that Montana has done more in his career then Manning ever will.

For all your silly stats arguments, which every poster with a brain, or sports fanatic, or anaylst, in America can tell you does not tell the whole story, you simply blow off intangibles, leadership, wins, and championships as not a big deal.

John Elway led his team to 47 game-winning or game-saving drives in the fourth Quarter. Now I know you'll just say "John Elway's team did that", but think of the longevity of his career, and the common denominator on all those teams (him). He's the only quarterback to get his team to the Super Bowl five times over his career. Manning has got his team there once despite arguably having a better team then Elway could think of at points in his career. Not to mention Elway's stats are impressive, his wins are amazing, and despite what you think, Quarterbacks are the most importnat position in showing leadership on the field, and that is what is responsible for those late-game comebacks, or playoff wins. Elway also wasn't a bad runner either, a dimension Manning does not have.

Dan Marino, if we are arguing statistics like you like to, was a passing God. He leads every QB in the history of the NFL in almost every single passing mark, despite never getting his team to the big game. He was every bit and more the Quarterback Manning was and hopes to be, and you can't deny that, so I won't bother defending Marino anymore.

Joe Montana was known as the Comeback Kid, earning 31 come from behind victories in the 4th quarter, when the game was on the line. Clutch plays such as "the catch" and his 92 yard touchdown drive against the Bengals in Super Bowl XXIII are more reasons why he is one of the best, if not the best Quarterback of all time, better then Manning. Again, you'll say his team made those plays, but the Quarterback is the one who led the drives, and made the plays with the game on the line. In four super bowls, Montana completed 83 of 122 passes, for 1,142 yards and 11 touchdowns, with zero interceptions, giving him a QB rating of 127.8. Montana won each Super Bowl he played in, and was MVP in three of them, the only player to ever do so. Peyton Manning do that yet?

It's not even to say that one day Manning may be in that upper-echleon of Quarterbacks. To say so now though is ridiculous, and to say he is the absolute best of all time without debate? Well, that's just not understanding football. Thsoe are just three quarterbacks, cases could be made for Johnny Unitas, Otto Grahm, any of these great Quarterbacks who weren't around for the golden age of passing we are in now, or players who were every bit the QB Manning was, but weren't in the same situation he was blessed to fall into (Harrison, Wayne, Clark, Addai, Edge, Stokley (amazing #3 WR), that O-Line) over the years.

You're arguments are insane, and no one believes what you say, do you even? And for the record, simply ignoring every one else's argument and saying there is no debate, you won an argument, is not winning, its just ignorance.
JK17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2007, 06:23 PM    (permalink
SubNoize
Veteran

SubNoize is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SubNoize is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SubNoize is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SubNoize is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SubNoize is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SubNoize is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SubNoize is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SubNoize is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SubNoize is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SubNoize is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SubNoize is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ok so my stats were a year behind my bad, but I guess I can still prove Peyton is #2 behind Marino through 9 years...

Peyton 144 GP 3131 completions on 4890 attempts for 64% completion rate.
37586 yards passing. 275 TDs and 139 INT for a QB Rating of 94.4

Marino 133 GP 2798 completions on 4181 attempts for 66% completion rate.
35386 yards passing. 266 TDs and 136 INT for a QB rating of 91.3

BUT!!!! Marino played 2 short season in his first 9 years starting on 9 games his rook season and playing in a strike season starting only 12 games. taking Marino's avg stats thru his first 9 years I compounded what his stats would be if he had 11 more games played.

Marino 144 GP 3061 completions on 4625 attempts for a 66% completion rate.
38631 yards passing. 292 TDs and 149 INT for a QB rating of 95.6.

So only category Manning surpasses Marino in is completions, but that's on 265 more attempts and Marino is more accurate so you know he would have surpassed that. I guess you argument still holds no wind, and I very much so doubt Manning is playing when he's 41 years old with all those miles on his arms, he'll be a back up in 5 years maybe 6.
SubNoize is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2007, 06:39 PM    (permalink
Neo
Rookie

Neo needs more cowbell.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SubNoize View Post
Ok so my stats were a year behind my bad, but I guess I can still prove Peyton is #2 behind Marino through 9 years...

Peyton 144 GP 3131 completions on 4890 attempts for 64% completion rate.
37586 yards passing. 275 TDs and 139 INT for a QB Rating of 94.4

Marino 133 GP 2798 completions on 4181 attempts for 66% completion rate.
35386 yards passing. 266 TDs and 136 INT for a QB rating of 91.3

BUT!!!! Marino played 2 short season in his first 9 years starting on 9 games his rook season and playing in a strike season starting only 12 games. taking Marino's avg stats thru his first 9 years I compounded what his stats would be if he had 11 more games played.

Marino 144 GP 3061 completions on 4625 attempts for a 66% completion rate.
38631 yards passing. 292 TDs and 149 INT for a QB rating of 95.6.

So only category Manning surpasses Marino in is completions, but that's on 265 more attempts and Marino is more accurate so you know he would have surpassed that. I guess you argument still holds no wind, and I very much so doubt Manning is playing when he's 41 years old with all those miles on his arms, he'll be a back up in 5 years maybe 6.
So Peyton has a Higher QB rating am i correct, and every other stat is right there... Plus you act like Marino not playing his rookie year is a disadvantage even though thats when Rookies take their lumps For Example Mannings 28 INT's. So you people are willing to admit that Manning is better by far than every other QB except Marino? and Marino is the only one that can hold a candle to Manning... if you are saying that i'll find that acceptable
Old 06-09-2007, 06:43 PM    (permalink
Neo
Rookie

Neo needs more cowbell.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JK17 View Post
Okay, I'm going to break what I said earlier, I can't watch this anymore.

Montana 2/3's Manning? Just stop being ridiculous right now. Not only are you only looking at his damn career TD's in making that assumption, but on top of that Montana has done more in his career then Manning ever will.

For all your silly stats arguments, which every poster with a brain, or sports fanatic, or anaylst, in America can tell you does not tell the whole story, you simply blow off intangibles, leadership, wins, and championships as not a big deal.

John Elway led his team to 47 game-winning or game-saving drives in the fourth Quarter. Now I know you'll just say "John Elway's team did that", but think of the longevity of his career, and the common denominator on all those teams (him). He's the only quarterback to get his team to the Super Bowl five times over his career. Manning has got his team there once despite arguably having a better team then Elway could think of at points in his career. Not to mention Elway's stats are impressive, his wins are amazing, and despite what you think, Quarterbacks are the most importnat position in showing leadership on the field, and that is what is responsible for those late-game comebacks, or playoff wins. Elway also wasn't a bad runner either, a dimension Manning does not have.

Dan Marino, if we are arguing statistics like you like to, was a passing God. He leads every QB in the history of the NFL in almost every single passing mark, despite never getting his team to the big game. He was every bit and more the Quarterback Manning was and hopes to be, and you can't deny that, so I won't bother defending Marino anymore.

Joe Montana was known as the Comeback Kid, earning 31 come from behind victories in the 4th quarter, when the game was on the line. Clutch plays such as "the catch" and his 92 yard touchdown drive against the Bengals in Super Bowl XXIII are more reasons why he is one of the best, if not the best Quarterback of all time, better then Manning. Again, you'll say his team made those plays, but the Quarterback is the one who led the drives, and made the plays with the game on the line. In four super bowls, Montana completed 83 of 122 passes, for 1,142 yards and 11 touchdowns, with zero interceptions, giving him a QB rating of 127.8. Montana won each Super Bowl he played in, and was MVP in three of them, the only player to ever do so. Peyton Manning do that yet?

It's not even to say that one day Manning may be in that upper-echleon of Quarterbacks. To say so now though is ridiculous, and to say he is the absolute best of all time without debate? Well, that's just not understanding football. Thsoe are just three quarterbacks, cases could be made for Johnny Unitas, Otto Grahm, any of these great Quarterbacks who weren't around for the golden age of passing we are in now, or players who were every bit the QB Manning was, but weren't in the same situation he was blessed to fall into (Harrison, Wayne, Clark, Addai, Edge, Stokley (amazing #3 WR), that O-Line) over the years.

You're arguments are insane, and no one believes what you say, do you even? And for the record, simply ignoring every one else's argument and saying there is no debate, you won an argument, is not winning, its just ignorance.
I forgot only one player suits up for Denver and San Fran... My BAD... Only QB's win games other players have nothing to do with it. Sorry Champ... but Peyton is better than those QB's. As for being Blessed with Stockely that is the Silliest thing i have ever seen. Not a single one of those AMAZING players mentioned have done anything for any other team except the Colts so one could argue that is because of Mannings Greatness. I mean Stockely? HAHAHA.... WOW THE TALENTED EDGE>>> HAHAHAHAH 3.2 YPC when he leaves Peyton... SAD
Old 06-09-2007, 06:47 PM    (permalink
neko4
All-NFLDC

Quote:
I forgot only one player suits up for Denver and San Fran... My BAD... Only QB's win games other players have nothing to do with it. Sorry Champ... but Peyton is better than those QB's. As for being Blessed with Stockely that is the Silliest thing i have ever seen. Not a single one of those AMAZING players mentioned have done anything for any other team except the Colts so one could argue that is because of Mannings Greatness. I mean Stockely? HAHAHA.... WOW THE TALENTED EDGE>>> HAHAHAHAH 3.2 YPC when he leaves Peyton... SAD
Oh i forgot just how great that Arizona O-Line is. Its not Leinart's fault that Edge had a bad year. Leinart has 2 of the best WR's in the league to throw too. Edge had no line at all. Which is why the Cards reached on Levi Brown

Old 06-09-2007, 06:53 PM    (permalink
Neo
Rookie

Neo needs more cowbell.

Quote:
Oh i forgot just how great that Arizona O-Line is. Its not Leinart's fault that Edge had a bad year. Leinart has 2 of the best WR's in the league to throw too. Edge had no line at all. Which is why the Cards reached on Levi Brown
As of right now he is an absolute pathetic bust of a player once he left the Colts an i correct? Yes, i am... so until he proves he can play somewhere else, to assume that he is an extremely talented player haha "STOKELY ESQ" he is a complete bum without having 18 as his QB.

If Stokley was so good he would have started in Balt... i mean my sister could start at WR for them.... then somehow he goes to the colts and becomes amazing... hmmmm
Old 06-09-2007, 06:56 PM    (permalink
neko4
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Dad dying while young is apparently supposed to make me think he is better at football. Manning's Dad tutored him at a very young age... one of many reasons why he is better.

Was considered undersized- (dead dad must not have given him proper genetics) Manning Perfect size another reason why he is better.

Teams win playoff games from the best of my knowledge not just one player.
40,000 yards.... but you use 12-14 game season as if it is something that would make that more impressive... it isnt, a single season stat would be impressive if you were going to bring up 12 to 14 game season... not career (silly).
Wasnt drafted till 19th round apparently makes him better? that isnt logical.

That has to be the worst logical defense of Johnny U i have ever seen, You made exactly zero good points. I am sitting here and laughing at your argumentation. Just because he overachevied and overcame a "rough life" or other such nonsense still doesnt make him a better player. I mean this is silly am i right guys, I mean seriously get off Doug Flute seniors junk. He still couldnt hold Peytons Jock.

Plus talk about Choking... Johnny U is king Superbowl 3 anybody. (btw speaking of god awful QB's how about Joe Namath.)
By saying Johnny was undersized I was saying he was given less to work w/. He overcame the odds and became a great QB. Same thing for being drafted in the 19th round. Everyone knew (or atleast) expected Manning to be great. No one thought Johnny would become great. He was hurt in Super Bowl 3, and only played in part of the game, plus he was older by then. Johnny U was just a part of that Super Bowl 3 team. Get your facts straight because right now every legit football fan on this site is angered by your stupidity and lack of knowledge and im sure they're also laughing at you. You have given a terrible defense of Manning saying that stats are the only thing that matters.

Last edited by neko4 : 06-09-2007 at 06:58 PM.