Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > 2014 NFL Draft Forum

2014 NFL Draft Forum Discuss the 2014 NFL Draft

Old 06-07-2007, 03:23 PM    (permalink
HoopsDemon12
Pro Bowler

HoopsDemon12 could make a wolverine purr.HoopsDemon12 could make a wolverine purr.HoopsDemon12 could make a wolverine purr.HoopsDemon12 could make a wolverine purr.HoopsDemon12 could make a wolverine purr.HoopsDemon12 could make a wolverine purr.HoopsDemon12 could make a wolverine purr.
Default Heyward-bey vs Hervin

Last year both of these guys really impressed me with their skills, who is better as a pro prospect right now to you? personally i like heyward-bey because of his size and to me he is a better reciever at this point of his career compared to hervin. percy is a threat to score form anywhere on the feild but i just dont htink he is that great of a wide reciever yet.... im intersted to hear you oppinions and points of view

Sig By Diehardvikingfan
HoopsDemon12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2007, 03:25 PM    (permalink
neko4
All-NFLDC

neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

God way to hard for me, but people will look at Harvin as Bush, so I'll say Harvin. But Heyward-Bey may have the better pro career

Sig thanks to Bonekrusher
neko4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2007, 03:29 PM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoopsDemon12 View Post
Last year both of these guys really impressed me with their skills, who is better as a pro prospect right now to you? personally i like heyward-bey because of his size and to me he is a better reciever at this point of his career compared to hervin. percy is a threat to score form anywhere on the feild but i just dont htink he is that great of a wide reciever yet.... im intersted to hear you oppinions and points of view
You're right. He's not a great receiver yet, but he's a legit threat from anywhere. As a WR, Heyward-Bey is the guy. As a do it all kind of guy, Harvin is the way to go
Sniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2007, 03:36 PM    (permalink
HoopsDemon12
Pro Bowler

HoopsDemon12 could make a wolverine purr.HoopsDemon12 could make a wolverine purr.HoopsDemon12 could make a wolverine purr.HoopsDemon12 could make a wolverine purr.HoopsDemon12 could make a wolverine purr.HoopsDemon12 could make a wolverine purr.HoopsDemon12 could make a wolverine purr.

does bey do any returning? or is he just strickly reciever?

Sig By Diehardvikingfan
Old 06-07-2007, 04:25 PM    (permalink
-black
Pro Bowler

-black is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.-black is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.-black is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.-black is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.-black is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.-black is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.-black is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.-black is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.-black is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.-black is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.-black is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Harvin should bulk up and switch to RB fulltime.....been saying that since he played us.....he'd be a legit Steve Slaton type force (with Reggie Bush type all purpose potential).

as a receiver, I guess I can see a Steve Smith type impact as he developes more. But Heyward Bey certainly is more of the prototypical guy you'd look for.

-sig by jkpigskin
-black is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2007, 04:29 PM    (permalink
Michigan
Who wants to sex Mutombo?
Pro Bowler

Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Heyward-Bey.
Old 06-07-2007, 04:51 PM    (permalink
Paranoidmoonduck
Team Leader
All-Pro

Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think that both have a lot of work to do as receivers. Heyward-Bey is undoubtedly a good deep threat, but I haven't seen him do enough work outside of that role to be overly confident. As for Harvin, who I do think stays at wide receiver technically (although he'll be used all over), I love his ability with the ball in his hands, but he has a ton of work to do outside of that.

Both are young guys and I'd say that Heyward-Bey is more advanced simply due to that one extra year he has on Harvin at this point in time.
Old 06-07-2007, 04:52 PM    (permalink
Don Vito
Team Leader
All-Pro

Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I love both of these prospects, but Harvin is deadly in every aspect of the game. He can run and catch and is threat to score every time he gets the ball (much like Reggie Bush as neko said). Not knocking Heyward-Bey who is a great big-play threat with amazing speed, but I love how Harvin is extremely versatile.

Feed Moncrief
Don Vito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2007, 04:54 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This is like Calvin Johnson vs. Ted Ginn Jr. to an extent for me.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966
SeanTaylorRIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2007, 05:11 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Gotta love Heyward-Bey. I really like Percy Harvin as well, but Heyward-Bey has the height advantage, albeit not by much.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
ElectricEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2007, 05:11 PM    (permalink
Paranoidmoonduck
Team Leader
All-Pro

Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghettosermon View Post
Why is that? Heyward-Bey is pretty Ginn-esque at this moment too, and Harvin appears to be more of a Derrick Williams.
Old 06-07-2007, 05:27 PM    (permalink
HoopsDemon12
Pro Bowler

Quote:
how so? i personally think bey will be better than ginn could have dreamed as a receiver... but calvin johnson? neither are really just a returner that plays wide receiver or a super prospect... they are really really different in my mind... but thats just my oppinion

Sig By Diehardvikingfan
Old 06-07-2007, 06:20 PM    (permalink
HoopsDemon12
Pro Bowler

does anybody know their 40 times? or vertical jumps?

Sig By Diehardvikingfan
Old 06-07-2007, 06:24 PM    (permalink
Don Vito
Team Leader
All-Pro

Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Heyward-Bey is probably a mid-low 4.3 guy, he is an absolute blazer. Harvin will probably run around the low 4.4s. Harvin had a 36 inch vert coming out of HS, Heyward-Bey had a 30. Harvin is a very complete athlete and explosive football player. Heyward-Bey is great as well, but Harvin is an all-around beast. Again, Harvin really reminds me of Reggie Bush, he can run, jump, catch, and do it all. His lateral quickness, agility, and acceleration are all crazy.

Feed Moncrief

Last edited by Don Vito : 06-07-2007 at 06:29 PM.
Don Vito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2007, 06:26 PM    (permalink
bored of education
DC Creeper
Icon

bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

harvin is alright i like heywerd bey
<+ScottWright> Why not. Baldwin does need a sparring partner...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hermstheman83 View Post
What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.
bored of education is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2007, 06:46 PM    (permalink
-black
Pro Bowler

-black is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.-black is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.-black is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.-black is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.-black is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.-black is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.-black is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.-black is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.-black is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.-black is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.-black is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Que ???????..................

-sig by jkpigskin
-black is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2007, 06:48 PM    (permalink
Green Bay Scat
Pro Bowler

Green Bay Scat is a cocksman.Green Bay Scat is a cocksman.Green Bay Scat is a cocksman.

Id take Bey. Harvin doesnt get the ball in his hand more than 10 times a game, reverse rushes catches. so its kinda pointless. He should just line up at RB and see if the put a LB on him, challange them all to get mismatches. Then i would choose him, till then its throw it deep to bey.
Green Bay Scat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2007, 07:04 PM    (permalink
skinzzfan25
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.

Heyward-Bey, because I'm a homer :D

And he's better IMO lol
Old 06-07-2007, 07:26 PM    (permalink
SuperKevin
Icon

SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think Bey is more of a vertical threat in the Randy Moss mold while Percy Harvin is an all around performer at WR that you can do plenty of things with. I'd take Harvin in a heartbeat but that's because I'm more of a WCO fan
SuperKevin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2007, 10:56 PM    (permalink
JeffSamardzijaIRISH
Pro Bowler

JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Heyward-Bey looks like Randy Moss. Tall reciever that can run!!! Gimmie Moss over Bush please, ala Heyward-Bey over Harvin.
Old 06-08-2007, 01:01 AM    (permalink
MNRunLeft
Rookie

MNRunLeft hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I really like the pure speed that Bey brings to the table, but in the NFL it's all about creating mismatches and Harvin will do that much like Bush does. He can line up anywhere on the field and you have to know where he is. He's a threat to take a hand off, screen, or catch to the house whenever he touches the ball.
MNRunLeft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2007, 02:00 AM    (permalink
dcarey20
Pro Bowler

dcarey20 is a cocksman.dcarey20 is a cocksman.dcarey20 is a cocksman.dcarey20 is a cocksman.

As some other people have mentioned, they are two different type of players.

Heyward-Bey is a Randy Moss type player. World class speed, tall, lanky, good leaper, and a HUGE deep threat.

Harvin is a Reggie Bush type player that could will see snaps at multiple positions. The difference between Bush and Harvin is that Harvin is a receiver first, tailback second. Bush is the oppossite.

It's really a matter of which you prefer, because both are outstanding college players and prospects.

For me, I'd obviously take Heyward-Bey, because I'm a big Maryland fan, I watch him play every game, and he's one of my favorite players. But you could go either way to be honest.

Last edited by dcarey20 : 06-08-2007 at 02:04 AM.
dcarey20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2007, 05:22 PM    (permalink
Sharp21

http://youtube.com/watch?v=xMmcFQ2FRuM

They both are great prospects at this point but Harvin has really impressed me. He runs under 4.4 and some gator fans (lol) have told me he has broken 4.3 so his speed is excellent as well as his Agility. To compare him (a WR that takes some plays at RB) and Bush (a RB that takes some plays at WR) is not an appropriate comparison. I think the thing to get from it is they both can be effective in different aspects of the game. Give me Harvin!
Old 06-08-2007, 06:31 PM    (permalink
BufFan71
Pro Bowler

BufFan71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BufFan71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BufFan71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BufFan71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BufFan71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BufFan71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BufFan71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BufFan71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BufFan71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BufFan71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BufFan71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

both are good prospects, but i havent seen much from Harvin, though i have seen some clips on Heyward-bay, and hes a physical freak....

i would like to see some clips of Harvin
Old 06-08-2007, 07:07 PM    (permalink
Space Ghost
Veteran

Space Ghost hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Percy Harvin is my favourite player in the NCAA not named Mike Goodson right now. I think he will light it up in the NFL as a do it all kind of guy who is on the field at a bunch of different positions. He is just incredible to watch.
Space Ghost is offline   Reply With Quote