Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > 2014 NFL Draft Forum

2014 NFL Draft Forum Discuss the 2014 NFL Draft

Old 06-07-2007, 05:25 PM    (permalink
Acreboy
Pro Bowler

Acreboy hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.Acreboy hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.
Default Pat White

Is he Eric Crouch v.2 or is there something different about him?
Acreboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2007, 05:28 PM    (permalink
draftguru151
:/
Legend

draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Not really Eric Crouch, but unless he drastically improves as a passer he will probably have to make a move to WR or RB.

<Gaius_Baltar> That is correct comahan
<vidae> I ******* LOVE YOU DG
<njx9> <3 dg
draftguru151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2007, 05:33 PM    (permalink
Acreboy
Pro Bowler

Acreboy hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.Acreboy hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by draftguru151 View Post
Not really Eric Crouch, but unless he drastically improves as a passer he will probably have to make a move to WR or RB.
Isn't he a legit 4.5 guy?

When he was committed to LSU he was going to be used as WR or CB.

Is CB still an option for him?

Last edited by Acreboy : 06-07-2007 at 05:38 PM.
Old 06-07-2007, 05:33 PM    (permalink
HoopsDemon12
Pro Bowler

HoopsDemon12 could make a wolverine purr.HoopsDemon12 could make a wolverine purr.HoopsDemon12 could make a wolverine purr.HoopsDemon12 could make a wolverine purr.HoopsDemon12 could make a wolverine purr.HoopsDemon12 could make a wolverine purr.HoopsDemon12 could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acreboy View Post
Is he Eric Crouch v.2 or is there something different about him?
he may have imporved as a passer last year.. but he still is not near poslished enough to be an nfl signal caller... if he keeps improving he has a shot at being a back-up, unless something drastic happens. When all is said and done i think he is gonna be making his millions elsewhere on the football field

Sig By Diehardvikingfan
HoopsDemon12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2007, 05:36 PM    (permalink
draftguru151
Legend

draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acreboy View Post
Isn't he a legit 4.5 guy?

When he was committed to LSU he was going to be used as QR or CB.

Is CB still an option for him?
Yea he went to WV so he could play QB. CB is a possibility but I think the learning curve wouldn't be as big at WR.

I heard a few times last year about him and Slaton racing, and White would win, so yea he does have legit speed.

<njx9> <3 dg
Old 06-07-2007, 05:44 PM    (permalink
HoopsDemon12
Pro Bowler

HoopsDemon12 could make a wolverine purr.HoopsDemon12 could make a wolverine purr.HoopsDemon12 could make a wolverine purr.HoopsDemon12 could make a wolverine purr.HoopsDemon12 could make a wolverine purr.HoopsDemon12 could make a wolverine purr.HoopsDemon12 could make a wolverine purr.
Wink

Quote:
Yea he went to WV so he could play QB. CB is a possibility but I think the learning curve wouldn't be as big at WR.

I heard a few times last year about him and Slaton racing, and White would win, so yea he does have legit speed.
that is sick.... think he can beat devine in one of those three way races next season

Sig By Diehardvikingfan
Old 06-07-2007, 05:46 PM    (permalink
Paranoidmoonduck
Team Leader
All-Pro

Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Really? I heard that in a team get together to decide such things, Slaton beat everyone on the team.

Either way, White seems like a decent option to switch to wideout. He's got good quickness and hands, I guess we'll just have to see how he'd handle all the drills to see how natural he would look.

As for corner, it would also be a possibility, but it is typically difficult for a player to make that sort of switch this late in their career. I wouldn't rule out some team giving him a shot on defense.

Last edited by Paranoidmoonduck : 06-07-2007 at 06:59 PM.
Paranoidmoonduck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2007, 05:55 PM    (permalink
draftguru151
Legend

Quote:
Slaton and White had a 60-yard dash to see who was the fastest on the team. Slaton won by one one-hundredth of a second.
He was darn close. I think I remember some announcer saying White won, but he is definitely close.

<njx9> <3 dg
Old 06-07-2007, 06:04 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think White can be a wideout in the NFL

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2007, 06:06 PM    (permalink
Mr. Stiller
All-Pro

Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I don't think he'll ever be given the opportunity to improve. It's hard to get better when you average under 10 passing attempts a game.

The arm strength and accuracy are there, if he could ever get into a rythym.

Yeah, I play WoW too.[/center]
Mr. Stiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2007, 06:07 PM    (permalink
draftguru151
Legend

Maybe there is a reason only 10 pass plays are called.

<njx9> <3 dg
Old 06-07-2007, 06:07 PM    (permalink
HoopsDemon12
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Stiller View Post
I don't think he'll ever be given the opportunity to improve. It's hard to get better when you average under 10 passing attempts a game.

The arm strength and accuracy are there, if he could ever get into a rythym.
i thought i heard somewhere that he doesnt really have that great of arm strength?

Sig By Diehardvikingfan
Old 06-07-2007, 06:08 PM    (permalink
HoopsDemon12
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Maybe there is a reason only 10 pass plays are called.
ooo ooo pick me!!!!... is it beacause you cant stop thier running game that runs ppl over at will??

Sig By Diehardvikingfan
Old 06-07-2007, 06:11 PM    (permalink
Mr. Stiller
All-Pro

Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoopsDemon12 View Post
i thought i heard somewhere that he doesnt really have that great of arm strength?
Just rewatch some of the games, He looks effortless throwing the ball and he can put some nice zip on the ball.

I think his Future is a Randel El role in the NFL. I just think if he was given 4 years to develop as a QB, a passing QB not an Option QB, He would be a day 1 Signal Caller.

Yeah, I play WoW too.[/center]
Mr. Stiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2007, 06:16 PM    (permalink
draftguru151
Legend

Quote:
ooo ooo pick me!!!!... is it beacause you cant stop thier running game that runs ppl over at will??
LOL, maybe that, or it's because Pat White can't throw.

<njx9> <3 dg
Old 06-07-2007, 06:18 PM    (permalink
HoopsDemon12
Pro Bowler

Quote:
haha all great possible answers that would lead us to the same conclusion... lets break for milk and cookies!!

Sig By Diehardvikingfan
Old 06-07-2007, 06:37 PM    (permalink
Green Bay Scat
Pro Bowler

Green Bay Scat is a cocksman.Green Bay Scat is a cocksman.Green Bay Scat is a cocksman.

Man in NCAA08 its gonna suck playin WV with Slaton and White...
Green Bay Scat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2007, 06:48 PM    (permalink
Acreboy
Pro Bowler

Quote:
White's got the arm strength, accuracy is getting there but not good enough to be drafted in the 1st two rounds.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Bay Scat View Post
Man in NCAA08 its gonna suck playin WV with Slaton and White...
Devine should be sick as well..
Old 06-07-2007, 06:55 PM    (permalink
draftguru151
Legend

I've seen nothing from White throwing the ball to even warrant being drafted until late day 2. You're severely overrating his arm.

<njx9> <3 dg
Old 06-07-2007, 07:05 PM    (permalink
Acreboy
Pro Bowler

Quote:
I've seen nothing from White throwing the ball to even warrant being drafted until late day 2. You're severely overrating his arm.
Strength? Maybe. Accuracy? No one has underestimated that. It's not that good yet.
Old 06-07-2007, 11:05 PM    (permalink
HoopsDemon12
Pro Bowler

great college player that just may not have the skill set to be great in the pro's... not a bad thing really... backups make millions... just sucks to see such a popular player not really have it

Sig By Diehardvikingfan
Old 06-08-2007, 01:59 PM    (permalink
thebow305
2009 NFL Mock Draft Champ
All-Pro

thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Didn't he come to WV to play baseball? I think he's a pitcher, if that's the case, I don't think his arm strength is lacking, but I could be totally off here.

Dolphins Dream Draft: 1. C.J. Mosley 2. Kelvin Benjamin 3. Ja'Wuan James 4. Brandon Thomas 5. Xavier Grimble 6. Tyler Gaffney 7. Ross Cockrell
thebow305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2007, 02:16 PM    (permalink
Michigan
Who wants to sex Mutombo?
Pro Bowler

Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Their running game isnt that great against bigger, athletic defenses (ala South Florida last year). Certainly will never see them "run over" USC, OSU, Michigan, LSU, etc...
Old 06-08-2007, 02:17 PM    (permalink
ironman4579
All-Pro

ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebow305 View Post
Didn't he come to WV to play baseball? I think he's a pitcher, if that's the case, I don't think his arm strength is lacking, but I could be totally off here.
That doesn't really mean anything though. He could be a soft tosser. Just because he's a pitcher doesn't mean he's zipping mid 90's heat.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakey View Post
WWWWWWWWWTTTTTTTTTTTTFFFFFFFFFFF!!!

i am literally gonna kick a baby to death!
ironman4579 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2007, 02:55 PM    (permalink
jbeans187
Veteran

jbeans187 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.jbeans187 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

He is going to be a stud wr in the league, and he was drafted in the 5th round of the mlb draft as a pitcher and outfielder coming out of high school, he was mr. baseball in alabama, and chose wvu bc lsu wanted him to be a wr. He has a cannon, just lacks accuracy right now to be an nfl qb.

Edit - He was a 4th round pick out of hs, then got re drafted in the 27th round this year
http://www.msnsportsnet.com/page.cfm...ll&story=10985

Leroy Smith - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=koGD6XnAsNs

Last edited by jbeans187 : 06-08-2007 at 10:08 PM.
jbeans187 is offline   Reply With Quote