Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > College Football

College Football Discuss College Football

Old 12-13-2006, 01:14 PM    (permalink
danman253

Quote:
Originally Posted by soybean
Quote:
Originally Posted by danman253
Also i have always, ALWAYS said UF played a harder schedule.

My arguement is how the two played. Michigan was dominant in every game but OSU, Florida escaped out of 2 games.
well...ball state, but that's an arguement for another day.
We were up by 3 scores heading into the 4th quarter and put in backups for the majority of the 4th.
Old 12-13-2006, 01:14 PM    (permalink
RWFender1
Veteran

RWFender1 RWFender1 RWFender1 RWFender1 RWFender1 RWFender1 RWFender1 RWFender1 RWFender1 RWFender1 RWFender1

you would probably lose to any random team in the SEC since its a much more rugged schedule than the Big 10...its a far more strenus schedule than the big 10 and i cant see michigan making it out of the SEC untouched

gamertag: uscfan06

RWFender1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2006, 01:17 PM    (permalink
RWFender1
Veteran

RWFender1 RWFender1 RWFender1 RWFender1 RWFender1 RWFender1 RWFender1 RWFender1 RWFender1 RWFender1 RWFender1

the thing that pisses me off here is i get the feeling a lot of michigan fans still believe they are even better than ohio state after losing.

Old 12-13-2006, 01:19 PM    (permalink
danman253

Quote:
Originally Posted by RWFender1
you would probably lose to any random team in the SEC since its a much more rugged schedule than the Big 10...its a far more strenous schedule than the big 10 and i cant see michigan making it out of the SEC untouched
Like who? Michigan would not lose at home number 1, so lets look at UFs schedule shall we?

Biggest 3 road games:
at Tennesse
at Auburn
at FSU

Biggest 3 Home Games:
LSU
Georgia
South Carolina

As I aid i doubt we drop one at home, Tennesse would scare me more tha auburn IMO. I still think Michigan could go unbeaten with that schedule.
Old 12-13-2006, 01:20 PM    (permalink
danman253

Quote:
the thing that pisses me off here is i get the feeling a lot of michigan fans still believe they are even better than ohio state after losing.

What? Name one person who has said that.
Old 12-13-2006, 01:21 PM    (permalink
RWFender1
Veteran

i think arkansas could give michigan a run for their money.

Old 12-13-2006, 01:22 PM    (permalink
danman253

Quote:
i think arkansas could give michigan a run for their money.
How?

Michigan has the best run defense in the nation, and if you shut down the run, you need the QB to beat you. OSU was able to run because of a balanced attack. Michigan would just stack the box on Arkansas, and make CASEY DICK beat them. Casey dick cannot single handidly beat anyone.

LSU and Tennessee have better shots to beat Michigan than Arkansas.
Old 12-13-2006, 01:23 PM    (permalink
RWFender1
Veteran

well all this complaining about how you deserve more than where you are at and how you feel you deserve a rematch even though Ohio State already settled the score between both teams...its indirectly implied

Old 12-13-2006, 01:23 PM    (permalink
RWFender1
Veteran

then mcfadden could line up as a qb and start throwing deep against michigan

Old 12-13-2006, 01:25 PM    (permalink
RWFender1
Veteran

if USC beats Michigan will you stop complaining about what could have been or will you keep this sherade going?

Old 12-13-2006, 01:26 PM    (permalink
danman253

Quote:
well all this complaining about how you deserve more than where you are at and how you feel you deserve a rematch even though Ohio State already settled the score between both teams...its indirectly implied
What? I don't think Michigan would win in a rematch but it be a better game than florida.
Old 12-13-2006, 01:27 PM    (permalink
danman253

Quote:
if USC beats Michigan will you stop complaining about what could have been or will you keep this sherade going?

If they lose of course I will, but seeing as how i doubt that happens...
Old 12-13-2006, 01:28 PM    (permalink
danman253

Quote:
then mcfadden could line up as a qb and start throwing deep against michigan
What? McFadden doesn't throw it deep, he throw the intermediates. Notice what happened when he thrw it deep on UF?
Old 12-13-2006, 01:32 PM    (permalink
RWFender1
Veteran

any how, i just dont see how Michigan would make it through the entire SEC without suffering an upset and i stand by that.

and why is it that you deserve a rematch when you didnt win your conference and didn' t beat ohio state the first time? give florida a chance, they earned to be where they are despite whether you think it will be as good of a game or not going into it

Old 12-13-2006, 01:35 PM    (permalink
danman253

Quote:
any how, i just dont see how Michigan would make it through the entire SEC without suffering an upset and i stand by that.

and why is it that you deserve a rematch when you didnt win your conference and didn' t beat ohio state the first time? give florida a chance, they earned to be where they are despite whether you think it will be as good of a game or not going into it
I hate this "didn't win your conference" BS. Michigan would have prolly won any other conference, and the only team they lose to is the number 1 team in football. We lose to OSU on the road, and by 3, and give them all they can handle. On a neautral site or at Michigan this may be a different story.
Old 12-13-2006, 01:39 PM    (permalink
BuckeyeNation27

Quote:
Quote:

I hate this "didn't win your conference" BS. Michigan would have prolly won any other conference, and the only team they lose to is the number 1 team in football. We lose to OSU on the road, and by 3, and give them all they can handle. On a neautral site or at Michigan this may be a different story.
Doubtful on that. There wasn't much home field advantage. Was there a play that Henne didn't audible out of?
Old 12-13-2006, 01:39 PM    (permalink
RWFender1
Veteran

haha you confirmed my point...everything you said in that last post shows how michigan fans indirectly imply they are better than ohio state even after being beaten. accept the fact that you lost and move on. you're at the rosebowl.

Old 12-13-2006, 01:52 PM    (permalink
P-L
Head Moderator
Legend

P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

I'll let you in on a little secret. Florida didn't get through the SEC undefeated. *gasp* I know, it might be hard to believe but they lost too. Also, the BCS doesn't require you to win your conference. In fact, in the last 5 BCS games, 2 of them included a team that didn't win their conference.
P-L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2006, 01:56 PM    (permalink
RWFender1
Veteran

you lost to ohio state already. nobody wants to see them play michigan again except for MICHIGAN FANS. they had their shot and blew it. florida hasn't played them yet and they are in the same boat as michigan and they won their conference. and who are you to say that they wont play a better game against ohio state than michigan? thats shear arrogance my friend

Old 12-13-2006, 02:10 PM    (permalink
slightlyaraiderfan
All-NFLDC

slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuckeyeNation27
Quote:
Quote:

Doubtful on that. There wasn't much home field advantage. Was there a play that Henne didn't audible out of?
OSU also gave them a ton of chances, how many times did the Buckeyes turn the ball over? While Michigan had no turnovers.
slightlyaraiderfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2006, 02:20 PM    (permalink
P-L
Head Moderator
Legend

P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stillaraiderfan
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

OSU also gave them a ton of chances, how many times did the Buchkeyes turn the ball over? While Michigan had no turnovers.
So turnovers don't count? Michigan held onto the ball and made few mistakes. Yet your going to hold that against them? Michigan also gave OSU some chances with penalties...
Old 12-13-2006, 02:22 PM    (permalink
BuckeyeNation27

Don't knock Michigan or disagree with a Michigan poster or warnings will be handed out.
Old 12-13-2006, 02:25 PM    (permalink
snuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by stillaraiderfan
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

OSU also gave them a ton of chances, how many times did the Buckeyes turn the ball over? While Michigan had no turnovers.
Michigan didn't turn it over,but they made so stupid plays that cost them probabl 14 point swing.

How could you argue there was no home field advantage? Idiot comment...

The main problem in the game was the field, for both teams. WR's could cut knowing when and dbs had to react and hope to get footing. I think it would be a completely different game if they played again, although I don't know who would win.

AND Fender stop writing 1 line per post and then posting 3 times in a row.... You can use the edit button or you can write a whole! paragraph every once in a while.
Old 12-13-2006, 02:29 PM    (permalink
BuckeyeNation27

What was so idiotic about it? The noise obviously had no effect on Henne, and we don't paint our lockers pink.
Old 12-13-2006, 02:29 PM    (permalink
P-L
Head Moderator
Legend

Quote:
you lost to ohio state already. nobody wants to see them play michigan again except for MICHIGAN FANS. they had their shot and blew it. florida hasn't played them yet and they are in the same boat as michigan and they won their conference. and who are you to say that they wont play a better game against ohio state than michigan? thats shear arrogance my friend
When did I say that? You are putting words into my mouth. Maybe some Michigan fans said something like that, but I never said anything like that. But at the same time it's just as arrogant of you if you are saying Florida will play a better game against Ohio State. We don't know, so we can't say either way.

So your only real argument is that YOU don't want to see a rematch. I have friends that are OSU fans and Michigan State fans that want to see a rematch. I think it's very arrogant to assume Michigan fans are the only ones who want a rematch. I know the majority of this board doesn't want one, but only a small fraction of college football fans post on this board.