Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Baltimore Ravens Team Forum

Baltimore Ravens Team Forum Discuss the Ravens

Old 06-07-2007, 09:41 PM    (permalink
BigDawg819
All-NFLDC

BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Culpepper on NFL Live discussion

So I was watching NFL Live this afternoon and 2 things shocked me, first of all Rick Reilly was on their and they were discussing the impending release of Dante Culpepper and suggested the Ravens as a destination. Reilly was in for of him coming here while Golic was opposed to it because thats right we have Kyle Boller so even when McNair crumbles Kyle will lead us to Arizona. Interesting comment on McNair by Reilly that I enjoyed and I know ERU will as well; "McNair is older then most statues in Baltimore and alot slower then them as well!" Anyway any thoughts on Culpepper coming to the Charm City?

Magical sig by OSUGiants

SSAEL....... its a new revolution!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Job View Post
On another note, Nicklas Backstrom is amazingly good.
Quote:
Meanwhile, in hockey the other night, the Washington Capitals' Eric Belanger gets hit with a stick, loses EIGHT teeth, has an instant root canal in the locker room, comes back out and PLAYS and never says boo.

So new rule, NBA: Unless you have a root canal at halftime, SHUT UP AND PLAY!
BigDawg819 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2007, 10:18 PM    (permalink
ChefMike
Veteran

ChefMike is a cocksman.ChefMike is a cocksman.ChefMike is a cocksman.

Well if we can get him dirt Cheap and I mean DIRT cheap then yes.. but I do believe that he has a huge signing bonus on his contract.. so him being released is going to cost the Dolphins big time. Only problem is Boller, Smith, Olsen ? Which 2 do we cut to make room for another aging QB. Not to mention he is still recovering from a 2nd knee injury...
ChefMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2007, 10:23 PM    (permalink
BigDawg819
All-NFLDC

BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Truthfully I wouldn't cut anyone to get him, besides he's probably going to need this season to truly rehab his knee so it would probably be in 2008. Plus who knows, we could sign him and put him on the injured reserve?

Magical sig by OSUGiants

Quote:
Quote:
Meanwhile, in hockey the other night, the Washington Capitals' Eric Belanger gets hit with a stick, loses EIGHT teeth, has an instant root canal in the locker room, comes back out and PLAYS and never says boo.

Old 06-07-2007, 10:25 PM    (permalink
ccB
All-NFLDC

ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I wouldnt be totally opposed, McNair starts and have Kyle Back up while Daunte recovers than next year Boller leaves via FA and we start Daunte and allow McNair to back up with him and have Troy Smith waiting in the wings learning all along. Wouldnt be the worst situation in the world.
Old 06-07-2007, 10:28 PM    (permalink
BigDawg819
All-NFLDC

While I'm totally against Kyle leaving, I realize that it will most likely be the best for him. That said, I think its worth the risk to sign him for the scenario CCB just described, because if he returns to form great, if not then what the hell at least we tried. I mean he was a top 10 QB not that long ago and if he's given the time to fully rehab and learn the system, he could be a factor like he once was.

Magical sig by OSUGiants

Quote:
Quote:

Old 06-07-2007, 10:33 PM    (permalink
niel89
SuperBowl Prop Bet Winner
All-Pro

niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charm City Byrdgang View Post
I wouldnt be totally opposed, McNair starts and have Kyle Back up while Daunte recovers than next year Boller leaves via FA and we start Daunte and allow McNair to back up with him and have Troy Smith waiting in the wings learning all along. Wouldnt be the worst situation in the world.
exactly, i would prefer if boller stayed and developed and started. But if boller is gone than i think culpepper would be a fine (if healthy) bridge between McNair retiring and Troy Smith/Drew Olsen starting.

i just dont want to give up pick and/or a large contract. we need to invest in some other players

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Don't be a stranger. Jordyzzzz would want you to stick around. ;o)

Touch Fuzzy, Get Dizzy
niel89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2007, 10:36 PM    (permalink
BigDawg819
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by niel89 View Post
exactly, i would prefer if boller stayed and developed and started. But if boller is gone than i think culpepper would be a fine (if healthy) bridge between McNair retiring and Troy Smith/Drew Olsen starting.

i just dont want to give up pick and/or a large contract. we need to invest in some other players
He's being released so picks and his contract with the Dolphins wouldn't be an issue. Nobody would trade for him considering he won't be ready for the start of the season so the Dolphins will have no choice but to release him.

Magical sig by OSUGiants

Quote:
Quote:

Old 06-07-2007, 10:40 PM    (permalink
Geo
Neo Geo (Moderator)
Icon

Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So the idea is to replace a fomerly-mobile quarterback with questionable decision-making, whose best days are behind him, with a formerly-mobile quarterback with questionable decision-making, whose best days are behind him? 'mkay.

Stick with Troy Smith imo.
Geo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2007, 11:12 PM    (permalink
BigDawg819
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geo View Post
So the idea is to replace a fomerly-mobile quarterback with questionable decision-making, whose best days are behind him, with a formerly-mobile quarterback with questionable decision-making, whose best days are behind him? 'mkay.

Stick with Troy Smith imo.
Its not the idea, its just a thought that was put out there that we are exploring. Do you go to the mall during Christmas season and tell kids that Santa doesn't exist as well?

Magical sig by OSUGiants

Quote:
Quote:

Old 06-08-2007, 01:51 AM    (permalink
dcarey20
Pro Bowler

dcarey20 is a cocksman.dcarey20 is a cocksman.dcarey20 is a cocksman.dcarey20 is a cocksman.

I am totally opposed to Culpepper coming to Baltimore. Right now, we have a perfect situation. McNair's still solid, Boller's a very good backup, and we have Troy as the 3rd guy. Culpepper to Baltimore would probably mean Troy to the practice squad, which I really, really don't want.

Now, next year is a different story. Boller is probably gone next year, McNair may not be fit to start, and as much as I like Troy Smith, he is not guaranteed to be the future guy. We may need to find a stopgap guy next year, but like I said, right now, we have an ideal quarterback situation.

And I didn't even mention that I don't even think Daunte is much of an upgrade, if at all from Kyle.

Last edited by dcarey20 : 06-08-2007 at 01:53 AM.
dcarey20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2007, 03:30 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Trade Boller for Culpepper and a 5th rounder.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966
SeanTaylorRIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2007, 06:42 PM    (permalink
niel89
SuperBowl Prop Bet Winner
All-Pro

niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghettosermon View Post
Trade Boller for Culpepper and a 5th rounder.
hmmmm... i like more draft picks.

i agree that i dont think that Culpepper fits in this year, next year more so but this year he doesnt fit in.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Don't be a stranger. Jordyzzzz would want you to stick around. ;o)

Touch Fuzzy, Get Dizzy
niel89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2007, 01:44 AM    (permalink
ChewyRaven318
Rookie

ChewyRaven318 could make a wolverine purr.ChewyRaven318 could make a wolverine purr.ChewyRaven318 could make a wolverine purr.ChewyRaven318 could make a wolverine purr.ChewyRaven318 could make a wolverine purr.ChewyRaven318 could make a wolverine purr.

Culpepper really doesn't fit in anywhere right now if you think about it. It's late in the game and most teams are set with their decisions. He's easily capable of being a starter now, but if he signed anywhere, he'd be a backup.

Culpepper's not THAT much younger than McNair, so I'm not exactly for him coming here as a veteran presence, and our QB situation would just be log-jammed, unless, as someone mentioned, he's put on IR for the year. If McNair REALLLY sucks this year, I'd be in favor of starting Culpepper in '08 while building Troy Smith.
ChewyRaven318 is offline   Reply With Quote