Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > College Football

College Football Discuss College Football

Old 12-04-2006, 05:11 PM    (permalink
snuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan_VIlma
People also underrate the fact, that we may be the deepest team in college football at receiver. We have six guys that can legitimatley make plays.

Jemalle Cornelius
Cornelius Ingram
Percy Harvin (duel threat)
Dallas Baker
Andre Caldwell
Kestahn Moore (out of the backfield)
Tate Casey (in the redzone)
Whos going to throw it to them?
Old 12-04-2006, 05:14 PM    (permalink
Shane P. Hallam
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Not to be a homer, but I would bet that Ohio State has deeper WRs than Florida :)

Follow Me on Twitter!
https://twitter.com/ShanePHallam
Shane P. Hallam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2006, 05:16 PM    (permalink
killa3312
Rookie

killa3312 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Michigan fans are more bitter than I originally expected...

1) You got your chance, you didn't capitalize, period. Can anyone tell me the last time, in the history of college football, that a team lost, and didn't drop? Michigan got far too much credit for keeping that game close, when in fact they scored a late TD to make the game close. Had the Buckeyes not turned the ball over left and right, the game wouldn't of even been close.

2) Florida's resume is far more impressive, and those that like to rag on Florida's close wins... well, Michigan didn't exactly light up teams like Minnesota, Iowa, Northwestern, Penn State, and Ball State, who is terrible. South Carolina could, arguably, beat all of those teams.

3) Florida beat 10 bowl teams, Michigan beat 6. Florida played the toughest SOS in the country, Michigan, third. Florida won the best conference in America, Michigan didn't even win theirs (a weak, and down Big 10). Florida's wins over LSU, Arkansas, Tennessee, and Georgia are far more impressive than anything Michigan can muster up. The Wolvies beat one good team, and even that's debatable, as I bet 4-5 SEC teams could beat Notre Dame and their insanely overhyped coach.

I mean, seriously, why should Michigan get two chances at Ohio State, while Florida gets none? Regardless of what your opinion is on who would win a matchup between Florida and Michigan, there's no actual proof the Wolverines would win. If Michigan went out there and got embarrassed by Ohio State in the rematch, the BCS would never hear the end of it for not giving Florida a chance.

Until college football gets a playoff (which will, unfortunately, never happen), there's is no true way to determine a champion. All we can do is guess and speculate.
killa3312 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2006, 05:29 PM    (permalink
snuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by killa3312

1) You got your chance, you didn't capitalize, period. Can anyone tell me the last time, in the history of college football, that a team lost, and didn't drop? Michigan got far too much credit for keeping that game close, when in fact they scored a late TD to make the game close. Had the Buckeyes not turned the ball over left and right, the game wouldn't of even been close.

2) Florida's resume is far more impressive, and those that like to rag on Florida's close wins... well, Michigan didn't exactly light up teams like Minnesota, Iowa, Northwestern, Penn State, and Ball State, who is terrible. South Carolina could, arguably, beat all of those teams.

3) Florida beat 10 bowl teams, Michigan beat 6. Florida played the toughest SOS in the country, Michigan, third. Florida won the best conference in America, Michigan didn't even win theirs (a weak, and down Big 10). Florida's wins over LSU, Arkansas, Tennessee, and Georgia are far more impressive than anything Michigan can muster up. The Wolvies beat one good team, and even that's debatable, as I bet 4-5 SEC teams could beat Notre Dame and their insanely overhyped coach.

I mean, seriously, why should Michigan get two chances at Ohio State, while Florida gets none? Regardless of what your opinion is on who would win a matchup between Florida and Michigan, there's no actual proof the Wolverines would win. If Michigan went out there and got embarrassed by Ohio State in the rematch, the BCS would never hear the end of it for not giving Florida a chance.

Until college football gets a playoff (which will, unfortunately, never happen), there's is no true way to determine a champion. All we can do is guess and speculate.
1. 2004 NC when Oklahoma lost its last game, and conference, but still went.

2. Michigan easily handled all those teams, don't even compare them. Florida stumbled all over the place and needed miracles. Michigan handley dominated every team they played outside of tOSU, yes that include Ball State.

3. Some computer polls claim that Michigan had a harder schedule actually, and I even saw Florida's at #19. The other points were covered in #2, so this is pretty much the same claim.

There is no rule against getting a second chance or not winning your conference... Michigan is considered the #2 team in the nation so they should get the chance. And what do you do if Florida gets destroyed by tOSU and Michigan beats USC? Then you still have a debate on your hands.
Old 12-04-2006, 05:30 PM    (permalink
AlexDown
Pro Bowler

AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.

The NC game should be the best two college football teams playing against each other. In my opinion, Michigan is better then Florida. However, while I am sure a majority of the country feels this way, we can't really know unless Florida and Michigan played against each other. While this will not happen, I'm not so sure many Florida fans would be eager to do this.
Old 12-04-2006, 05:33 PM    (permalink
Shane P. Hallam
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by snuff
Quote:

1. 2004 NC when Oklahoma lost its last game, and conference, but still went.

2. Michigan easily handled all those teams, don't even compare them. Florida stumbled all over the place and needed miracles. Michigan handley dominated every team they played outside of tOSU, yes that include Ball State.

3. Some computer polls claim that Michigan had a harder schedule actually, and I even saw Florida's at #19. The other points were covered in #2, so this is pretty much the same claim.

There is no rule against getting a second chance or not winning your conference... Michigan is considered the #2 team in the nation so they should get the chance. And what do you do if Florida gets destroyed by tOSU and Michigan beats USC? Then you still have a debate on your hands.
I agree with all your points except the end (and the schedule part, but whatev). I may be misinterpreting your statement. Will there a question of who is #2 or who is #1? If OSU crushes Florida and Michigan beats USC, no debate. OSU beat Michigan AND Florida. Plus, Michigan likely would end the season as #2. Basically, if OSU beats Florida by more than 3, and Michigan beats USC, UM will end up #2.

Follow Me on Twitter!
Old 12-04-2006, 05:33 PM    (permalink
keylime_5
All-NFLDC

keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The national championship was November 18 and Michigan lost. Now Florida gets a shot. If you Michigan fans want a NC, then you should've beaten Ohio State. You didn't, so enjoy the Rose Bowl.
Old 12-04-2006, 05:36 PM    (permalink
AlexDown
Pro Bowler

AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by keylime_5
The national championship was November 18 and Michigan lost. Now Florida gets a shot. If you Michigan fans want a NC, then you should've beaten Ohio State. You didn't, so enjoy the Rose Bowl.
Thanks for adding to this conversation.
Old 12-04-2006, 05:37 PM    (permalink
snuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBond93

I agree with all your points except the end (and the schedule part, but whatev). I may be misinterpreting your statement. Will there a question of who is #2 or who is #1? If OSU crushes Florida and Michigan beats USC, no debate. OSU beat Michigan AND Florida. Plus, Michigan likely would end the season as #2. Basically, if OSU beats Florida by more than 3, and Michigan beats USC, UM will end up #2.
No, defiantly not what I was saying. I was saying people would just add more ammo to the argument that Michigan should of been playing tOSU.

2004 Michigan lost to USC and stayed also.
Old 12-04-2006, 05:42 PM    (permalink
killa3312
Rookie

The point is, Michigan had its chance, now it's Florida's turn. Whether they get blown out or not is irrelevant. There will never be, 100% factual evidence, in any season, who the best team is. Until a playoff is implimented, we're left speculating. Unfortunately, because of the political nature of Bowl games, and the large chunks of cash they haul in, the NCAA will never go to a playoff, at least not in my lifetime.

And yes, Michigan did struggle in some of those games. Ball State came within 5 yards from possibly sending the game into OT... that's struggling. Beating Northwestern 17-3, one of the worst teams in Div 1-A football, is struggling when you're suppose to be a top 2 team. The Big 10 was flat our horrid this season, and the only somewhat impressive win Michigan has is Notre Dame, who is highly overrated. Wisconsin can go as an impressive win too, although it's unknown how good they really are since their OOC schedule stunk and the Big 10 was so awful.
Old 12-04-2006, 05:43 PM    (permalink
Shane P. Hallam
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Quote:
Quote:

No, defiantly not what I was saying. I was saying people would just add more ammo to the argument that Michigan should of been playing tOSU.

2004 Michigan lost to USC and stayed also.
My bad then. While I was typing it, I thought I may have been misinterpreting.

Follow Me on Twitter!
Old 12-04-2006, 05:44 PM    (permalink
yodabear
Magic Fingers
Icon

yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

As a Michigan fan, what pisses me off is Michigan was #2 on 11-18, and then they were hopped on 11-25 by USC and then people said it would be USC-Ohio St. unless USC got upset by UCLA, and then that happened. And then people said if UCLA beat USC, Michigan will play in the NC. What happened to change their mind? While Michigan was watching games, Florida was playing, so people got to see that. And then, few of the humans put Michigan #4, which ****** up the vote. They are at least #3, and then 1 of them even picked Florida #1, silly bastards. Once again, nothing against Florida, the system is screwy.
Old 12-04-2006, 05:44 PM    (permalink
4pAc
Pro Bowler

4pAc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.4pAc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.4pAc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.4pAc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.4pAc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.4pAc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.4pAc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.4pAc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.4pAc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.4pAc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.4pAc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

What if UF beats OSU and UM crushes USC

Sig by Darnik44two

Lord Favre Is Immortal
4pAc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2006, 05:45 PM    (permalink
Shane P. Hallam
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by yodachu
As a Michigan fan, what pisses me off is Michigan was #2 on 11-18, and then they were hopped on 11-25 by USC and then people said it would be USC-Ohio St. unless USC got upset by UCLA, and then that happened. And then people said if UCLA beat USC, Michigan will play in the NC. What happened to change their mind? While Michigan was watching games, Florida was playing, so people got to see that. And then, few of the humans put Michigan #4, which *********** up the vote. They are at least #3, and then 1 of them even picked Florida #1, silly bastards. Once again, nothing against Florida, the system is screwy.
Another thing for Michigan fans to chew on. What if USC would have won? Would Florida have jumped Michigan then? Nope, not even close. UM would have been #3. How does USC losing change who the 2nd best team is?

Follow Me on Twitter!
Old 12-04-2006, 05:46 PM    (permalink
snuff

Quote:
As a Michigan fan, what pisses me off is Michigan was #2 on 11-18, and then they were hopped on 11-25 by USC and then people said it would be USC-Ohio St. unless USC got upset by UCLA, and then that happened. And then people said if UCLA beat USC, Michigan will play in the NC. What happened to change their mind? While Michigan was watching games, Florida was playing, so people got to see that. And then, few of the humans put Michigan #4, which *********** up the vote. They are at least #3, and then 1 of them even picked Florida #1, silly bastards. Once again, nothing against Florida, the system is screwy.
A few put Florida #5 though.
Old 12-04-2006, 05:46 PM    (permalink
Shane P. Hallam
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4pAc
What if UF beats OSU and UM crushes USC
UF would take the Nat. Title. AP could crown UM though. BCS wouldn't split anything.

Follow Me on Twitter!
Old 12-04-2006, 05:47 PM    (permalink
yodabear
Magic Fingers
Icon

yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Quote:
Another thing for Michigan fans to chew on. What if USC would have won? Would Florida have jumped Michigan then? Nope, not even close. UM would have been #3. How does USC losing change who the 2nd best team is?
I never even thought about that......that is a great point. All the #2 votes woulda went to USC and then none of these votes to prevent a rematch.
Old 12-04-2006, 05:49 PM    (permalink
yodabear
Magic Fingers
Icon

Quote:
Quote:
A few put Florida #5 though.
Probably a few Michigan homers and then there were prolly more people voting against Michigan to prevent a rematch.
Old 12-04-2006, 05:52 PM    (permalink
killa3312
Rookie

Jim Walden, former Washington State coach, put Florida #1... I think.
Old 12-04-2006, 05:55 PM    (permalink
Boston
All-Pro

Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Great points. People want to see a game in the NC, not a blowout similar to the USC-OU game a couple years back. So what if Michigan already got there chance, Florida can't hang with Ohio St. and every one knows it.
Boston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2006, 05:58 PM    (permalink
Shane P. Hallam
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boston
Quote:
Great points. People want to see a game in the NC, not a blowout similar to the USC-OU game a couple years back. So what if Michigan already got there chance, Florida can't hang with Ohio St. and every one knows it.
I'm pretty sure SEC fans don't know it. I'm pretty sure you'll see Lee Corso and Kirk Herbstreit talking about the speed of the SEC and such. Let's see it.

Follow Me on Twitter!
Old 12-04-2006, 05:58 PM    (permalink
killa3312
Rookie

Quote:
Quote:
Florida can hang with OSU if they try to give UF the game like they did with Michigan.

Fact of the matter is, if Florida wins the game, it wouldn't even be the biggest upset in national title game history, or even top 3.
Old 12-04-2006, 06:00 PM    (permalink
Shane P. Hallam
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Florida can hang with OSU if they try to give UF the game like they did with Michigan.

Fact of the matter is, if Florida wins the game, it wouldn't even be the biggest upset in national title game history, or even top 3.
*cough*2002*cough*

Follow Me on Twitter!
Old 12-04-2006, 06:04 PM    (permalink
killa3312
Rookie

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

*cough*2002*cough*
2002 Ohio State versus Miami

1983 Miami versus Nebraska

1986 Penn State versus Miami

1991 Alabama versus Miami

Funny how Miami is in every, single one of those games. All those are bigger upsets, and I can probably go back even further if I wanted to. Ohio State's a damn good team, and will probably win this game... I just don't think it will be a blowout, like most here do. That's JMHO.
Old 12-04-2006, 06:06 PM    (permalink
4pAc
Pro Bowler

4pAc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.4pAc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.4pAc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.4pAc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.4pAc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.4pAc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.4pAc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.4pAc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.4pAc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.4pAc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.4pAc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think the UF-UM argument can be summed up like this
The people who wants UM in argument:
UF can't hop UM when UM didn't play
UM is the second best team because they lost to #1 by 3 away

The people who wants UF:
UF had a better year
UF won their conference title
UM doesn't deserve a rematch and SEC should'nt get screwed again

To me it really comes down to one thing, whether the poll is weeky or at the end of the year. If it's week based there's no way UM should be hopped but if its looked at at the end of the year one could see how UF's better The bottom line is they are trying to pin the two best teams in the nation, not necessarily the most deserving. But a case like this would seem flawed because some will argue that USC is the second best and only sneezed against UCLA. So really you can justify both ways and the argument is never-ending.
Which means this would the right choice:

BSU v.s. OSU

Sig by Darnik44two

Lord Favre Is Immortal
4pAc is offline   Reply With Quote