Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > College Football

College Football Discuss College Football

Old 12-04-2006, 09:37 PM    (permalink
TIP
Veteran

TIP hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by killa3312
Florida shut down McFadden and Jones without MT, that is enough to comfort me into knowing we can slow down Ohio State's running game. As for Harvin... sure, he's played in 10 games, but several of those he was still injured in and hardly got any snaps. He's played about 5-6 games fully healthy. The Florida State and Arkansas games showed what he can do.
You can stack the box against the razorbacks cuz Casy Dick is a terrible QB, who couldn't hit water if he fell out of a boat

Props to Darnik

Quote:
Originally Posted by CutlerChris View Post
Why couldn't Helen Keller drive?

She was a woman.
^^^^^^
OMFG LMAO
TIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2006, 09:37 PM    (permalink
NickBam
Veteran

NickBam hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yodachu
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan_VIlma
Quote:
Quote:
Ugh, it's so annoying how Michigan fans can't get past the fact they're not in the big dance.

You had your chance so shut up. Talk about the real National Championship: Ohio State vs. Florida and not these dumb lopsided predictions. For anyone who actually watched Florida and doesn't just look at the stats, they'd know Florida has a dominant defense, and while Michigan's proved dominant during the season, Florida matches up more favorabley against Ohio State because of the amount of speed they can put on the field at once and still have the bulk of a Michigan defense.

Many forget that after Marcus Thomas got kicked off the team, Siler and Everett were both banged up. That could contribute to the 1.5 YPC difference without him.

It really has no bearing, because Marcus Thomas wasn't even in on that many obvious running downs. He was our one gap pass rusher, and it's really an overrated loss.

If McDonald doesn't play, that's even bigger.
No, u shut the *********** up. U know if Florida woulda been left out u'd still be bitching. Understandibly, but u guys would still be complaing, so u can it!
Not only was that terribly hard to read, it doesn't matter how I'd act, because it didn't happen. We're in the big game. Michigan isn't. Wolverine fans need to quiet up and start looking towards the Rose Bowl.

Nothing wrong with believing it's going to be lopsided but it's a bit of a coincidence that the people that think that are either Michigan fans or fans of teams that hate the Gators.
And just to add something, I am not complaing that Florida got in over us. Even me myself said if Florida won the SEC Championship and UCLA beat USC, we'll see Florida and Ohio St. I'm just mad at the system, cuz how are people supposed to know Florida is better than Michigan. How are people supposed to know Ohio St. is really the #1 team in the nation. So I am not complaing that Florida is in over us, I am complaing about the system, so shut up about us bitching too much because Auburn did the same thing two years ago, so there.
They earned it by being the only team to go undefeated in a major conference.

Sig by gbpackers0065

Chicago Bears: NFC Champions
NickBam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2006, 09:40 PM    (permalink
yodabear
Magic Fingers
Legend

yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickBam
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Ugh, it's so annoying how Michigan fans can't get past the fact they're not in the big dance.

You had your chance so shut up. Talk about the real National Championship: Ohio State vs. Florida and not these dumb lopsided predictions. For anyone who actually watched Florida and doesn't just look at the stats, they'd know Florida has a dominant defense, and while Michigan's proved dominant during the season, Florida matches up more favorabley against Ohio State because of the amount of speed they can put on the field at once and still have the bulk of a Michigan defense.

Many forget that after Marcus Thomas got kicked off the team, Siler and Everett were both banged up. That could contribute to the 1.5 YPC difference without him.

It really has no bearing, because Marcus Thomas wasn't even in on that many obvious running downs. He was our one gap pass rusher, and it's really an overrated loss.

No, u shut the *********** up. U know if Florida woulda been left out u'd still be bitching. Understandibly, but u guys would still be complaing, so u can it!
Not only was that terribly hard to read, it doesn't matter how I'd act, because it didn't happen. We're in the big game. Michigan isn't. Wolverine fans need to quiet up and start looking towards the Rose Bowl.

Nothing wrong with believing it's going to be lopsided but it's a bit of a coincidence that the people that think that are either Michigan fans or fans of teams that hate the Gators.
And just to add something, I am not complaing that Florida got in over us. Even me myself said if Florida won the SEC Championship and UCLA beat USC, we'll see Florida and Ohio St. I'm just mad at the system, cuz how are people supposed to know Florida is better than Michigan. How are people supposed to know Ohio St. is really the #1 team in the nation. So I am not complaing that Florida is in over us, I am complaing about the system, so shut up about us bitching too much because Auburn did the same thing two years ago, so there.
I'm not questioning Ohio St's ranking at all cuz that would just be stupid of me, I'm just saying with a playoff, that will proove that even more.
Old 12-04-2006, 09:40 PM    (permalink
NickBam
Veteran

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

I'm not questioning Ohio St's ranking at all cuz that would just be stupid of me, I'm just saying with a playoff, that will proove that even more.
Fair enough.

Sig by gbpackers0065

Old 12-04-2006, 09:44 PM    (permalink
killa3312
Rookie

killa3312 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TIP
Quote:
Originally Posted by killa3312
Florida shut down McFadden and Jones without MT, that is enough to comfort me into knowing we can slow down Ohio State's running game. As for Harvin... sure, he's played in 10 games, but several of those he was still injured in and hardly got any snaps. He's played about 5-6 games fully healthy. The Florida State and Arkansas games showed what he can do.
You can stack the box against the razorbacks cuz Casy Dick is a terrible QB, who couldn't hit water if he fell out of a boat
True enough, but I'm just not worried about Florida's run defense. Maybe I should be, but I'm not. What worries me is all the time Smith will have to throw, especially since Florida has done a poor job, at best, of getting pressure on the QB lately.
killa3312 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2006, 09:45 PM    (permalink
yodabear
Magic Fingers
Legend

yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Fair enough.
Or in a situation like this, have a three team playoff with Ohio St. getting a bye and Michigan playing Florida in Glendale on Dec. 14th.
Old 12-04-2006, 09:46 PM    (permalink
NickBam
Veteran

What is the update on Ray McDonald? I know when they first reported the injury it was a broken wrist (I think, maybe arm). Is that for sure the injury?

Sig by gbpackers0065

Old 12-04-2006, 09:46 PM    (permalink
TIP
Veteran

TIP hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
What is the update on Ray McDonald? I know when they first reported the injury it was a broken wrist (I think, maybe arm). Is that for sure the injury?
I'm fairly certain it's a break.

Props to Darnik

Quote:
Originally Posted by CutlerChris View Post
Why couldn't Helen Keller drive?

She was a woman.
^^^^^^
OMFG LMAO
TIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2006, 09:47 PM    (permalink
NickBam
Veteran

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Fair enough.
Or in a situation like this, have a three team playoff with Ohio St. getting a bye and Michigan playing Florida in Glendale on Dec. 14th.
I like the idea of a 3-team playoff this year, but there would be other years last year for example where Penn State wasn't quite deserving of playing Texas to see who plays USC. It would work perfect this year, but not every year. No matter what the system, a team will always get snubbed (most years).

Sig by gbpackers0065

Old 12-04-2006, 09:50 PM    (permalink
yodabear
Magic Fingers
Legend

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Fair enough.
I like the idea of a 3-team playoff this year, but there would be other years (last year for example) where Penn State wasn't quite deserving of playing Texas to see who plays USC. It would work perfect this year, but not every year. No matter what the system, a team will always get snubbed (most years).
Yeah, I know.....I mean Boise St. can make a case cuz they are the only other team with 0 loses. But that way, we could say it was decided on the field and not by a bunch of people in suits.
Old 12-04-2006, 09:52 PM    (permalink
Thunderstruck

I am not knocking Florida one bit. However, I think it is absurd to say that Florida has an infinitely faster defense than Michigan. Florida may have a small edge on the defensive line, but they also lack the overwhelming physicality that the Wolverines brought to the table which gave Ohio State fits. The linebackers are so close in terms of speed it is not even funny.

Frankly, the loss of Marcus Thomas does hurt. He was the best one-gapper for the Gators, and they could struggle to put pressure on Smith. Ohio State has the second best wide receiver depth in the country (behind USC) and they could efficiently move the ball down the field working underneath, taking the safeties out of it unless they cheat up, which will cause a problem over the top. Still, Ginn Jr. going deep shouldn't be the main concern, it should be Gonzalez, Robiskie, or Hartline testing a linebacker or a dime back.

It has been said before, but Chris Leak is going up against a defense that forces turnovers and capitilizes on them. On the flip side, Florida has to deal with a composed quarterback in Smith that shines the brightest on the biggest stages.

The Gators are even outmatched in the coaching sector. Urban Meyer is a good coach, but Tressel is an elite one. He will make sure the Buckeyes roll into and through Glendale.

Like I said, I forsee a 10-14 point game. I doubt Florida ever falls more than two scores behind, but I doubt that they are ever really in the game too.
Old 12-04-2006, 09:52 PM    (permalink
keylime_5
All-NFLDC

keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

To everyone who is in favor of a playoff......Tressel won I think 7 national titles in the playoff format in DI-AA. This is because he builds his teams to get better and better with each game. (The Buckeyes were not very good in 2004 until the end of the year in which they could've played with anybody). If we get a playoff then OSU will win more titles than it has.

Jim Tressel has said that he once had a team that peaked too early and that "that'll never happen again." I don't want a playoff system, but if there was one Ohio State might win or go to the title game almost every year. Be careful what you wish for
Old 12-04-2006, 09:56 PM    (permalink
yodabear
Magic Fingers
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by keylime_5
To everyone who is in favor of a playoff......Tressel won I think 7 national titles in the playoff format in DI-AA. This is because he builds his teams to get better and better with each game. (The Buckeyes were not very good in 2004 until the end of the year in which they could've played with anybody). If we get a playoff then OSU will win more titles than it has.

Jim Tressel has said that he once had a team that peaked too early and that "that'll never happen again." I don't want a playoff system, but if there was one Ohio State might win or go to the title game almost every year. Be careful what you wish for
IDC if that were to happen. If thats the case, good for Tressell and Ohio St. At least they won it on the field and not by a corrupted system.
Old 12-04-2006, 10:04 PM    (permalink
Thunderstruck

Quote:

Homerism taken to an artform. I question whether Ohio State could have gone punch-for-punch with USC in 2004. Heck, there were a few teams that I do not think the Buckeyes could have beaten even though they improved late.

Can you admit that the Buckeyes might not win? It is not Ohio State's god-given right to be great. And while Jim Tressel is the best coach in college football, he isn't the second coming of Jesus. Every program has their down years and to suggest that Ohio State is immune to such fluctuations is ludicrous. I am not saying they wouldn't be in contention most years. But I am saying that they would not dominate a playoff.
Old 12-04-2006, 10:36 PM    (permalink
P-L
Head Moderator
Legend

P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

Tressel can win as many NC as he wants, as long as I know that my team's fate was decided on the field, and not by the minds of voter. Also, just because Tressel won 7 titles in DI-AA doesn't mean he's going to the Championship game every year.
P-L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2006, 10:41 PM    (permalink
moc182
All-Pro

moc182 is a cocksman.moc182 is a cocksman.moc182 is a cocksman.moc182 is a cocksman.

People are sleeping on Florida. Belive me, I don't trust Chris Leak in a big game, but that defense is going to severely limit Ohio State's high powered offense. Jarvis Moss is an absolute beast, Brandon Siler is the best linebacker in the country, Earl Everett is a hell of a player, Reggie Nelson has been the best defensive back in the nation this year, Ryan Smith is a hell of a corner. If this isn't a close game, that neither team breaks 30 in, i'll be very surprised.

"A real man makes his own luck." Billy Zane, Titanic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emmitt Smith
Donít quit, donít even quit.
moc182 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2006, 11:28 PM    (permalink
yodabear
Magic Fingers
Legend

Florida fans talk to me when u lose to Ohio St. by 3 in Columbus. Oh, wait a minute. They won't.

1. They won't in Columbus.
2. They'll lose by at least 14....and thats being nice.
Old 12-05-2006, 12:03 AM    (permalink
RockJock07
Rookie

RockJock07 could make a wolverine purr.RockJock07 could make a wolverine purr.RockJock07 could make a wolverine purr.RockJock07 could make a wolverine purr.RockJock07 could make a wolverine purr.RockJock07 could make a wolverine purr.

It's going to be track meet, like a previous post suggested, Harvin has to get his touches for Florida to keep up.

OSU 35
UF 33

Sidesider for life, Go White Sox
RockJock07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2006, 12:05 AM    (permalink
snuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockJock07
It's going to be track meet, like a previous post suggested, Harvin has to get his touches for Florida to keep up.

OSU 35
UF 33
UF scores 33 I would leave this board.

UF has scored 30+ 4 times this season. Against Southern Miss, UCF(trash), Divsion 2 team, and Arkansas. Now all of sudden they are going to put up 30 vs a team l#2 in the nation in scoring defense?
Old 12-05-2006, 12:08 AM    (permalink
yodabear
Magic Fingers
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by snuff
Quote:
Originally Posted by RockJock07

OSU 35
UF 33
UF scores 33 I would leave this board.

UF has scored 30+ 4 times this season. Against Southern Miss, UCF(trash), Divsion 2 team, and Arkansas. Now all of sudden they are going to put up 30 vs a team leading the nation in scoring defense?
Well, not that its gonna happen, but please don't leave, we're running out of people with actual brains on this site....
Old 12-05-2006, 01:01 AM    (permalink
gstock05
Veteran

gstock05 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
they also lack the overwhelming physicality that the Wolverines brought to the table which gave Ohio State fits
Not sure what you're talking about, but I didnt see the Wolverines defense give Ohio State any fits on 11/18.

Ohio State might not score the most per game, but we absolutely have the best offense. There is not an offense in college football thats even close to the balance and talent for rushing & passing that we have.

After witnessing us single handedly pick apart what I thought was the best defense in a good 3-4 years, I don't think Florida will do much better. Their only hope is turnovers & Percy Harvin.

Quote:
Do you really think Ohio State could hang with USC in 2004?
Hrmm... Cal seemed to be pretty much even with them throughout the entire game. USC barely won vs. Cal in 2004.

Quote:
Jarvis Moss is the best linebacker in the country
I think James Laurinaitis just won the best defensive player in college football award. Although I will admit Florida has a better linebacking unit.

Finally, SEC is tough, but overrated. Wisconsin destroyed Auburn last year and Wiscy wasn't even that good. I'm going to say we'll rush for 175+ and pass for around 250. I think we're going to go with more of a run healthy offense. Our offensive line is the best in the nation, no doubt about it.
gstock05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2006, 01:04 AM    (permalink
danman253

Quote:
Originally Posted by gstock05

Quote:
Jarvis Moss is the best linebacker in the country
I think James Laurinaitis just won the best defensive player in college football award. Although I will admit Florida has a better linebacking unit.

Finally, SEC is tough, but overrated. Wisconsin destroyed Auburn last year and Wiscy wasn't even that good. I'm going to say we'll rush for 175+ and pass for around 250. I think we're going to go with more of a run healthy offense. Our offensive line is the best in the nation, no doubt about it.
I thought that moss was a DE :?

And although OSUs OL is very good i still like Texas' as the best
Old 12-05-2006, 01:05 AM    (permalink
danman253

BTW gstock, he won the nagurski, the best defensive player award is the bednarik, which will go to Woodley :D
Old 12-05-2006, 01:06 AM    (permalink
P-L
Head Moderator
Legend

P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by danman253
BTW gstock, he won the nagurski, the best defensive player award is the bednarik, which will go to Woodley :D
They are both the best defensive player award, however, the Bednarik is more prestigious.
P-L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2006, 01:07 AM    (permalink
danman253

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patriots-Lions
Quote:
Originally Posted by danman253
They are both the best defensive player award, however, the Bednarik is more prestigious.
Yeah i'll go with that :D