Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

View Poll Results: Should head coaches wear suits on the sideline?
Yes 49 50.00%
No 12 12.24%
Who cares 37 37.76%
Voters: 98. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-08-2007, 02:38 PM    (permalink
49ersfan_87
Pro Bowler

49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Should head coaches wear suits on the sideline?

I ask this because 49ers head coach mike nolan has been campaigning to wear a suit all season. Currently i believe he can only wear it for 2 games.

Quote:
On Monday, 49ers coach Mike Nolan called Reebok "ignorant" for its stance that he and Jaguars coach Jack Del Rio can wear suits only twice this season. The two coaches were allowed to wear suits twice last year, too.
Quote:
When Mike Nolan took the 49ers' job, he wanted to wear a suit and tie for a couple reasons. 1) He wanted to honor his father; 2) He thinks wearing a suit and tie shows who's in charge and helps foster respect; and 3) He's a bit of a clotheshorse.
http://49ers.pressdemocrat.com/default.asp?item=617142

I dont know if del rio wants to wear the suit for the entire season, but its something the 49ers HC wants to do. So this got me thinking, what are your views on this?

Jack Del Rio

Mike Nolan

Last edited by 49ersfan_87 : 06-08-2007 at 02:45 PM.
49ersfan_87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2007, 02:41 PM    (permalink
JK17
Pro Bowler

JK17 could make a wolverine purr.JK17 could make a wolverine purr.JK17 could make a wolverine purr.JK17 could make a wolverine purr.JK17 could make a wolverine purr.JK17 could make a wolverine purr.

I think it would bring a certain level of integrity and class to the league, but with sponsers, the insane heat in some areas of the country, and other impractical circumstances, can understand why certain coaches would not want to wear suits.

I don't think the NFL should limit coaches from wanting to dress in proper attire, but I don't think they should require it either.

I don't know if it matters all that much though...
JK17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2007, 02:41 PM    (permalink
Acreboy
Pro Bowler

Acreboy hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.Acreboy hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I don't think they should. I think they should have the option to wear one if they chose to.

I admire what Mike Nolan is doing.
Acreboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2007, 02:53 PM    (permalink
TheChampIsHere
Veteran

TheChampIsHere hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I think they should be allowed to if they want
TheChampIsHere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2007, 02:58 PM    (permalink
jbeans187
Veteran

jbeans187 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.jbeans187 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

It looks nice, but everyone should have their choice

Leroy Smith - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=koGD6XnAsNs
jbeans187 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2007, 03:01 PM    (permalink
23trufant
Rookie

23trufant hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

They should be allowed to if they want to but they shouldnt have to.

thanks Bengals1690
23trufant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2007, 03:02 PM    (permalink
yodabear
Magic Fingers
Icon

yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

They should where whatever the **** they want to, as long as they are wearing something, I don't care what the coaches where. I don't watch football games to see what Scott Linehan is wearing, I watch it cuz I like to watch football.
Old 06-08-2007, 03:24 PM    (permalink
Space Ghost
Veteran

Space Ghost hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Yes!!!

Mike Nolan Is A Pimp!!!
Space Ghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2007, 03:28 PM    (permalink
AlexDown
Pro Bowler

AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yodachu View Post
They should where whatever the **** they want to, as long as they are wearing something, I don't care what the coaches where. I don't watch football games to see what Scott Linehan is wearing, I watch it cuz I like to watch football.
And that my friends is what a response from an 11 year old looks like.
Old 06-08-2007, 03:29 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't think they should be forced to but if they want to I would let them no harm done.

Edit:Now that I went back and saw what other people put my post was all ready up there five times.
Old 06-08-2007, 03:32 PM    (permalink
BigRed
Rookie

BigRed hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Why can't reebok and the other sponsers simply makes a suit for them?
Old 06-08-2007, 03:33 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigRed View Post
Why can't reebok and the other sponsers simply makes a suit for them?
I think reebok did last year?
Old 06-08-2007, 03:35 PM    (permalink
BigRed
Rookie

BigRed hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splat420 View Post
I think reebok did last year?
there we go then lol. in this case i don't understand the problem reebok has
Old 06-08-2007, 03:36 PM    (permalink
The Unseen
Team Leader
Icon

The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Of course.

JDR do what JDR do.

by BoneKrusher
Quote:
<DG> how metal unseen
Quote:
<TheUnseen> Drunken Canadian Bastard: There's an APS for that
The Unseen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2007, 03:37 PM    (permalink
draftguru151
:/
Legend

draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Unseen View Post
Of course.

JDR do what JDR do.

<Gaius_Baltar> That is correct comahan
<vidae> I ******* LOVE YOU DG
<njx9> <3 dg
draftguru151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2007, 03:40 PM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Absolutely.

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
they get smoked.

2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
Hint:Not the Bears.
TitleTown088 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2007, 03:47 PM    (permalink
ncstateviking
Rookie

ncstateviking hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

i really dont like it. i think either they all need to or they all cant. it throws me off to see a hoodie on one side and a suit on the other. looks weird. i think there should be some form of uniformity to it.

that said, i dont like a suit outside. baseball managers belong in uniform, basketball coaches belong in a suit, and nfl coaches belong in a team polo and kakis or a team jacket.
ncstateviking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2007, 03:59 PM    (permalink
draftguru151
:/
Legend

draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

How funny would it be to see coaches have jerseys like baseball managers have to wear.

<Gaius_Baltar> That is correct comahan
<vidae> I ******* LOVE YOU DG
<njx9> <3 dg
draftguru151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2007, 04:17 PM    (permalink
BigBoi

It really doesn't make since with the excuse the NFL gave Nolan. They said he can't wear it all the time because Reebok license with them. The suits Nolan and Rio wore were made by Reebok so why can't they just wear one if they want to?

~ BigBoi
Old 06-08-2007, 04:23 PM    (permalink
Phrost

I wonder how hot is it on the field during a humid night in Miami, wearing a suit?....
Old 06-08-2007, 04:28 PM    (permalink
remix 6
Pro Bowler

remix 6 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

na. its a sport..do players wear suits while they play? NO

let them feel comfortable and do what they want.
http://delivery.viewimages.com/xv/72...D4F70502CCC648

cant hate..
remix 6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2007, 04:29 PM    (permalink
Phrost

Quote:
Originally Posted by remix 6 View Post
na. its a sport..do players wear suits while they play? NO

let them feel comfortable and do what they want.
http://delivery.viewimages.com/xv/72...D4F70502CCC648

cant hate..
Yep, dead link btw.
Old 06-08-2007, 04:42 PM    (permalink
Paranoidmoonduck
Team Leader
All-Pro

Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think they look classy as hell, but they shouldn't be forced to wear anything.
Old 06-08-2007, 04:44 PM    (permalink
49erfaithful
Veteran

49erfaithful hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

it would bring some class, but they shouldnt be forced
49erfaithful is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2007, 05:11 PM    (permalink
Larry
Veteran

Larry is a cocksman.Larry is a cocksman.Larry is a cocksman.Larry is a cocksman.Larry is a cocksman.

They shouldn't have to wear Suits, but if they want to it shouldn't be a problem.