Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > 2014 NFL Draft Forum

2014 NFL Draft Forum Discuss the 2014 NFL Draft

Old 06-09-2007, 11:13 AM    (permalink
SuperKevin
Icon

SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default New face in the Supplemental Draft?

Maurice Purify was arrested for a DWI and suspended indefinately from the team with a possibility of being kicked off the team. This was the 2nd arrest he's had in less than a month. If he is kicked off the team what do you think the chances of him entering the supplemental draft are? Or do you think he'll likely transfer to a D1-AA school?

http://www.journalstar.com/articles/...e517400376.txt
SuperKevin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2007, 02:15 PM    (permalink
HoopsDemon12
Pro Bowler

HoopsDemon12 could make a wolverine purr.HoopsDemon12 could make a wolverine purr.HoopsDemon12 could make a wolverine purr.HoopsDemon12 could make a wolverine purr.HoopsDemon12 could make a wolverine purr.HoopsDemon12 could make a wolverine purr.HoopsDemon12 could make a wolverine purr.

who is he i havnt actually heard of him? what would he have been drafted if he had of stayed a year and then come out? and what position does he play?

Sig By Diehardvikingfan
HoopsDemon12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2007, 02:21 PM    (permalink
Mr. Stiller
All-Pro

Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoopsDemon12 View Post
who is he i havnt actually heard of him? what would he have been drafted if he had of stayed a year and then come out? and what position does he play?
He's a WR for Nebraska..

I had him in the top 15 WR's looking as a rd 2-3 tweener before the arrests.

Yeah, I play WoW too.[/center]
Mr. Stiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2007, 02:22 PM    (permalink
Paranoidmoonduck
Team Leader
All-Pro

Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Purify already spent two years at a lower level of college football in San Francisco, I doubt he heads back down. He get some team to look at him at the supplemental draft, a consistent 6-4 210 wideout.

He had a good enough season last year to make the supplemental an enticing option.
Old 06-09-2007, 02:25 PM    (permalink
HoopsDemon12
Pro Bowler

HoopsDemon12 could make a wolverine purr.HoopsDemon12 could make a wolverine purr.HoopsDemon12 could make a wolverine purr.HoopsDemon12 could make a wolverine purr.HoopsDemon12 could make a wolverine purr.HoopsDemon12 could make a wolverine purr.HoopsDemon12 could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paranoidmoonduck View Post
Purify already spent two years at a lower level of college football in San Francisco, I doubt he heads back down. He get some team to look at him at the supplemental draft, a consistent 6-4 210 wideout.

He had a good enough season last year to make the supplemental an enticing option.
6'4 210!! how fast is this guy?

Sig By Diehardvikingfan
Old 06-09-2007, 02:28 PM    (permalink
Paranoidmoonduck
Team Leader
All-Pro

Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
6'4 210!! how fast is this guy?
Decently fast, although he's more of a west coast receiver than a true deep burner. Guy is money in the red-zone and wins pretty much every jump ball I've ever seen him participate in.
Old 06-09-2007, 02:31 PM    (permalink
HoopsDemon12
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paranoidmoonduck View Post
Decently fast, although he's more of a west coast receiver than a true deep burner. Guy is money in the red-zone and wins pretty much every jump ball I've ever seen him participate in.
so who do you see that runs a west coast scheme maybe taking a chance on him if he goes supp draft? seatle is the only team that comes to mind for me(albiet i am dead tired so mind is numb) that actually runs teh west coast... and they have a lot of recivers

Sig By Diehardvikingfan
Old 06-09-2007, 02:32 PM    (permalink
Ho0k Em'
Pro Bowler

Ho0k Em' could make a wolverine purr.Ho0k Em' could make a wolverine purr.Ho0k Em' could make a wolverine purr.Ho0k Em' could make a wolverine purr.Ho0k Em' could make a wolverine purr.Ho0k Em' could make a wolverine purr.Ho0k Em' could make a wolverine purr.Ho0k Em' could make a wolverine purr.

He wouldn't get drafted in the supp. draft. He was a mid-round prospect to begin with.
Old 06-09-2007, 02:34 PM    (permalink
Vikes99ej
Icon

Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ask Huskernation.
Vikes99ej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2007, 02:35 PM    (permalink
HoopsDemon12
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ho0k Em' View Post
He wouldn't get drafted in the supp. draft. He was a mid-round prospect to begin with.
couldnt they put like a 6th or 7th ronder in for him? or are there rules... im not really familiar with the supplemental draft

Sig By Diehardvikingfan
Old 06-09-2007, 08:55 PM    (permalink
remix 6
Pro Bowler

remix 6 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

hes good after catch..tough to bring down

not a burner and not very quick but hes tall, hard to bring down, can jump and make tough catches

hes inconsistent with catching with his hands..he body catches sometimes but a lot of WRs do i guess
remix 6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2007, 12:07 PM    (permalink
HoopsDemon12
Pro Bowler

Quote:
couldnt they put like a 6th or 7th ronder in for him? or are there rules... im not really familiar with the supplemental draft
wow i have never quoted myself before it feels so so wrong.. but ya are their rules for this thing i dont know about cause im curious... will he be taken in it or will he a free agent?

Sig By Diehardvikingfan
Old 06-10-2007, 12:22 PM    (permalink
-black
Pro Bowler

-black is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.-black is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.-black is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.-black is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.-black is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.-black is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.-black is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.-black is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.-black is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.-black is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.-black is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

he better head down and dominate. If he enters the Supp he wont be drafted

-sig by jkpigskin
-black is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2007, 12:27 PM    (permalink
Ho0k Em'
Pro Bowler

Ho0k Em' could make a wolverine purr.Ho0k Em' could make a wolverine purr.Ho0k Em' could make a wolverine purr.Ho0k Em' could make a wolverine purr.Ho0k Em' could make a wolverine purr.Ho0k Em' could make a wolverine purr.Ho0k Em' could make a wolverine purr.Ho0k Em' could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
wow i have never quoted myself before it feels so so wrong.. but ya are their rules for this thing i dont know about cause im curious... will he be taken in it or will he a free agent?
They could, but nobody would. He's only had 1 year at the D1 level and did good, but not great last year. If teams are only gonna give up a 3rd for Ahmad Brooks, and probably Paul Oliver than Purify wont get drafted.
Old 06-10-2007, 12:42 PM    (permalink
HoopsDemon12
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ho0k Em' View Post
They could, but nobody would. He's only had 1 year at the D1 level and did good, but not great last year. If teams are only gonna give up a 3rd for Ahmad Brooks, and probably Paul Oliver than Purify wont get drafted.
oh did not know he had only played one year at div 1... ya if he doesnt dominate down a div his career could be in serious danger

Sig By Diehardvikingfan
Old 06-10-2007, 11:31 PM    (permalink
Mr. Stiller
All-Pro

Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
To get a good understanding, I'd do a google search and read the wikipedia entry on it.

Old 06-10-2007, 11:43 PM    (permalink
simms2clayton

I doubt any team spends a pick on him in the supplemental draft. He has serious issues and considering what is going on in the NFL with Michael Vick, Tank Johnson, Pac Man Jones, and Chris Henry I don't think he is worth a 7th round draft selection.
Old 06-11-2007, 04:48 PM    (permalink
HoopsDemon12
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Stiller View Post
To get a good understanding, I'd do a google search and read the wikipedia entry on it.
for some reason i never even thought of that....

Sig By Diehardvikingfan
Old 06-11-2007, 11:57 PM    (permalink
yourfavestoner
#1 Vickscuser
All-NFLDC

yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Maybe a team looking to replace a split end in the near future will throw out a mid round pick for him. The Steelers drafted Santonio Holmes to be the eventual replacement for Hines Ward. They're both flankers. They still need a true big body split end to replace Plaxico Burress. Maybe this could be the guy for them. Dallas is another team that comes to mind. Jerry Jones isn't exactly hesitant on bringing in problem children, either.
yourfavestoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2007, 02:09 AM    (permalink
SuperKevin
Icon

SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If a team could use a supplemental choice on Roscoe Crosby a few years back then I'm sure they'll be willing to grab a guy with a world of potential like Maurice Purify. He's 10 times better than any WR they'd get in the 6th or 7th round next year anyway
SuperKevin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2007, 07:11 AM    (permalink
LLoyd Floyd-Boyd
Rookie

LLoyd Floyd-Boyd hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperKevin View Post
If a team could use a supplemental choice on Roscoe Crosby a few years back then I'm sure they'll be willing to grab a guy with a world of potential like Maurice Purify.
IIRC Crosby went undrafted when he entered the supplemental draft.
LLoyd Floyd-Boyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2007, 07:49 AM    (permalink
ricky bobby
Pro Bowler

Location: Oh please give me a good reputation. I'm so concerned with what you think about me!
ricky bobby hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Probably 7th round or undrafted free agent. He isn't elite talent wise, and his 2 arrests in less than a month are going to keep GMs away. Who wants another Chris Henry?
ricky bobby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2007, 08:38 AM    (permalink
DeathbyStat
Pro Bowler

DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

No one gonna touch this guy after the DUI

Thank you Lebron James, you are truly a King Among Men.

"O-H-I-O...its a four letter word."
Mike Tirico

Magilla Gorilla ain'ta killa, ...

Roger Goodell's Beautify the NFL Campaign-No Violence-No Criminals-No Fun

I remember Marshawn Lynch
DeathbyStat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2007, 08:59 AM    (permalink
Mr. Stiller
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by yourfavestoner View Post
Maybe a team looking to replace a split end in the near future will throw out a mid round pick for him. The Steelers drafted Santonio Holmes to be the eventual replacement for Hines Ward. They're both flankers. They still need a true big body split end to replace Plaxico Burress. Maybe this could be the guy for them. Dallas is another team that comes to mind. Jerry Jones isn't exactly hesitant on bringing in problem children, either.
True we could use a guy, but where would he put him till Ward retires?

Wilson is under contract for the next 2 seasons I believe... So until he's gone...

Plus we have a slew of new guys...

Holmes/Ward
Wilson/Washington

then you have Baker, Reid, Fowler, Deslauriers