Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 06-09-2007, 11:17 AM    (permalink
SuperKevin
Icon

SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Bucs declare Jeff Garcia as #1 QB

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2898803

Jon Gruden says Garcia has a BIG lead over Chris Simms going into the preseason. Can't say I'd make the same choice but they'll probably do the same with either QB
SuperKevin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2007, 11:35 AM    (permalink
Vikes99ej
Icon

Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

With how Garcia played at the end of the last year, I can see why. There has to be a lot of certainty there with Simms.
Vikes99ej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2007, 11:35 AM    (permalink
broncs2bowl

not a good decision, Chris Simms was good but he got injured. He led the Bucs to the playoffs the year before. Garcia was good in offenses like the 49ers and Eagles that pass a lot and are "west coast". But the Bucs he does not fit, this is a bad decision
Old 06-09-2007, 11:38 AM    (permalink
Go_Eagles77
All-Pro

Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by broncs2bowl View Post
not a good decision, Chris Simms was good but he got injured. He led the Bucs to the playoffs the year before. Garcia was good in offenses like the 49ers and Eagles that pass a lot and are "west coast". But the Bucs he does not fit, this is a bad decision
Garcia passed less than 50% of the time when he was with the eagles, and don't the Bucs run the WCO?
Old 06-09-2007, 11:44 AM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The title is miss leading he said he has a big lead but has not named any one starter.
Old 06-09-2007, 11:44 AM    (permalink
PalmerToCJ
Team Leader
All-Pro

PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Why do I keep hearing people say that Garcia isn't a good fit for the Bucs offense?
PalmerToCJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2007, 11:49 AM    (permalink
DeathbyStat
Pro Bowler

DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Is this really a shocker I don't think so

Thank you Lebron James, you are truly a King Among Men.

"O-H-I-O...its a four letter word."
Mike Tirico

Magilla Gorilla ain'ta killa, ...

Roger Goodell's Beautify the NFL Campaign-No Violence-No Criminals-No Fun

I remember Marshawn Lynch
DeathbyStat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2007, 11:51 AM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by broncs2bowl View Post
Chris Simms was not good before he got injured. He was horrid last year, go check the stats.

Another sig courtesy of BoneKrusher

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.
sweetness34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2007, 12:10 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Can't be suprised at all b/c Gruden doesn't like Simms anyways

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2007, 12:12 PM    (permalink
Komp
Veteran

Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.

I'm not surprised by this at all. Garcia is much better than Simms, who imo shouldn't be looked at as a franchise QB.

Sig by fenikz! Cheers!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Mr. Dukes comes from the Michael Irvin "talk loud and maybe people will think I know what I am talking about" school of football analysis.
Komp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2007, 12:13 PM    (permalink
Staubach12
All-Pro

Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't see this working. Yes, both the Eagles and The Bucs run the WC. However, the Eagles run a more traditionl WC offense. The Bucs, on the other hand, run the Gruden system which is a more modified version. The Eagles run more designed rollouts and throws that make it easier on the QB. The Bucs don't roll out as much, and when they do, it's more mixed right and left (from what I saw) than the Eagles, who roll almost exclusively to the right. Garcia had great success rolling to the right, but I don't know how he'll do rolling to the left. The only success I saw him have rolling to the left was a short roll to the left which wasn't designed in New Orleans. Other than that, he always tried to go right. Also, if Garcia is rolling right in Tampa Bay, that could be a very bad thing. The right side of that line isn't what is was in Philly. So, he could be forced to go left or be killed in the process of rolling right. It might not seem like that big of a deal, but rolling out is Garcia's bread and butter. It could be a problem. Also, let's not forget Garcia hasn't been the most consistant QB through his career. Anyway, I see Garcia being below average with a few flashes of brilliance here and there.

BoneKrusher

Last edited by Staubach12 : 06-09-2007 at 12:19 PM.
Staubach12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2007, 06:50 PM    (permalink
Geo
Neo Geo (Moderator)
Icon

Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I've never seen the appeal in Chris Simms, I haven't been shy about saying that, and the fact that he lost the job so easily and early to Jeff Garcia of all people only speaks immensely to that.

(Of course Gruden wants Jake the Snake to come out of retirement, Plummer would be the best quarterback on the active roster if he did.)
Geo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2007, 06:51 PM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Staubach12 View Post
The right side of that line isn't what is was in Philly.
The right side of the line is actually one of the only things Tampa has going for them now. With 2nd year guys Davin Joseph and Jeremy Trueblood penciled in as starters that right side is probably the bright spot on an otherwise relatively inadequate line.

Caddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2007, 08:02 PM    (permalink
Phrost

Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
Why do I keep hearing people say that Garcia isn't a good fit for the Bucs offense?
He is a perfect fit. Haven't heard that before.
Old 06-09-2007, 08:08 PM    (permalink
Beans
DC GFX Team
All-Pro

Beans is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beans is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beans is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beans is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beans is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beans is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beans is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beans is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beans is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beans is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beans is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

blahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

bonekrusher on the sig magic
Quote:
<beans> libid dont worry man i think fondling big black men is a perfectly worthy career goal
<JBond> laughing so hard I am crying
Beans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2007, 08:11 PM    (permalink
Phrost

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeansDooma View Post
blahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
LOLLLLLLL, simms sig. We should deal him to a team that runs a vertical offense. I think that he would excel in Detroit with all of those targets.
Old 06-09-2007, 08:14 PM    (permalink
Tampa 2 4 life
All-Pro

Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I highly doubt Garcia has learned our offense in 3 or so OTA's.
Old 06-09-2007, 09:25 PM    (permalink
skinzzfan25
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tampa 2 4 life View Post
I highly doubt Garcia has learned our offense in 3 or so OTA's.
I highly doubt it's much different than his past team's offenses.
Old 06-10-2007, 02:05 AM    (permalink
TheChampIsHere
Veteran

TheChampIsHere hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Bucs need to win now, Gruden is a guy whose job (not that I think it should be) is in jeapordy and he cant have another season like the last one and in that offense Garcia can be good. I felt like they signed Garcia to be the starter.
TheChampIsHere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2007, 07:36 AM    (permalink
etk
All-NFLDC

etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

blahhhhhhhhhhhhhh

go away, stop rubbing it in

sig by BoneKrusher
etk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2007, 07:48 AM    (permalink
ks_perfection
Veteran

ks_perfection hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Im not surprised that Garcia is the starter since Gruden really liked him and never liked Simms too much. I don't like that he was named so early, you should wait until preseason atleast.
ks_perfection is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2007, 08:55 AM    (permalink
Addict
All-NFLDC

Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

wow, that's a bit harsh for simms isn't it?

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC
don't tell anyone, but Charlie Casserly is a dope fiend
Addict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2007, 09:04 AM    (permalink
NIN1984
Pro Bowler

NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Not surprised by this at all, Gruden needs to win now and Garcia gives the Bucs the best chance to win the most games.
NIN1984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2007, 11:43 AM    (permalink
Stoopid512

Yeah, if Gruden doesn't win right now, you'll see him filling a coaching vaccancy next year. My guess is he needs to win 8 or 9 to stay.
Old 06-10-2007, 08:07 PM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Did some of you actually read the article? It does not say Garcia is the starter, it says he has an early lead to win the job.

Caddy is offline   Reply With Quote