Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

View Poll Results: screwed?
Ramsey 16 12.40%
Carr 94 72.87%
Harrington 19 14.73%
Voters: 129. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-11-2007, 11:53 PM    (permalink
Veteran

255979119 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheChampIsHere View Post
well their production wasnt too good, but there was plenty of talent on this team. Maybe the fact that they never panned out had a lot to do with that they're playing for the Lions with Harrington as their QB.

Regardless, Roy Williams, Charles Rogers, Mike Williams, Kevin Jones, Marcus Pollard, Damien Woody, Jeff Backus, Rick DeMulling, Stockar McDougle...That right there is a group full of talented players, first round picks, and players who had success elsewhere. Maybe their struggles in Detroit had something to do with Harrington. Or maybe Im just crazy.
Woody was a better center than a guard.
255979119 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2007, 10:46 AM    (permalink
TheMadLionsFan
Rookie

TheMadLionsFan hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheChampIsHere View Post
well their production wasnt too good, but there was plenty of talent on this team. Maybe the fact that they never panned out had a lot to do with that they're playing for the Lions with Harrington as their QB.

Regardless, Roy Williams, Charles Rogers, Mike Williams, Kevin Jones, Marcus Pollard, Damien Woody, Jeff Backus, Rick DeMulling, Stockar McDougle...That right there is a group full of talented players, first round picks, and players who had success elsewhere. Maybe their struggles in Detroit had something to do with Harrington. Or maybe Im just crazy.

I think your comprehension needs work....

Charles Rogers = two consectutive season ending injuries....a drug suspension and a terrible attitude concerning his playing....therefore buried on the bench....explain Harrington's faults...

Mike Williams = Came into his very first camp overweight....was lazy didn't want to work....and didn't grasp the offense...the next season (when Harrington was gone)....more of the same....hell...his new team...the Raiders isn't too fond of him right now....I guess thats Joey's fault too right?

Raiders coach Lane Kiffin said former Vikings receiver Travis Taylor was signed to increase competition. Kiffin was asked if the move sent a message to the idle Mike Williams.

"I don't know, you have to ask Mike that," Kiffin said. "I would hope so."

Williams and quarterback Josh McCown were acquired in a trade with the Lions last month. A highly touted playmaker from USC, Williams did little in Detroit. So far with the Raiders, Williams has scarcely played because of a leg pull.

Kevin Jones = his rookie year.....he led the second half of the season in rushing....didn't do anything in the first half because he was injured....and in his second season he was injured....and in his third season he was injured...before you continue to go into an analysis.....how can a player contribute if he isn't on the field?....explain that too me...

Rick Demulling was considered a free agent bust as soon as he stepped on the field...

Stockar Mcdougle they let go as a free agent because he was a dissapintment...even before Joey got there...He was a Bobby Ross pick

Jeff Backus is average....

Marcus Pollard was old....

Damien Woody hasn't been committed since he signed here....it is not Joey's fault because he can't keep his weight down...

and this bullsh!t talk about first round picks is absurd....how many first round picks flame out the league in three years?....how many first round picks never meet their potential?...how many first round picks have no business being on the field once you see thier capabilities?...I'm sorry...that first round pick arguement is garbage.....more first round picks flame out that succeed...oh and another thing...Marcus Pollard was in an offense with Marvin Harrison, Reggie Wayne, Edgerrin James, & Peyton Manning....there is no reason why he shouldn't have had success....as for your other players...LMAO....Charles can't even get a job on a practice squad right...
TheMadLionsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2007, 02:41 PM    (permalink
TheChampIsHere
Veteran

TheChampIsHere hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

OK well its like I said, you can sit here and tell me that each of these players was a bust just because they were a bust and its 100% just because they as individuals didnt have what it takes, but I subscribe to the theory that your surroundings have a lot to do with how you turn out as a player and IMO the fact that all these guys came to a horrible team like Detroit with poor coaching and an awful QB had a lot to do with them being busts.
TheChampIsHere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2007, 04:50 PM    (permalink
BufFan71
Pro Bowler

BufFan71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BufFan71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BufFan71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BufFan71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BufFan71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BufFan71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BufFan71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BufFan71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BufFan71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BufFan71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BufFan71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

carr, b/c hes never had an o-line, and The Texans even passed Reggie Bush for Mario 4 sack williams
Old 06-12-2007, 11:41 PM    (permalink
Smokey Joe
All-Pro

Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Carr by far, but getting drafted by the Lions is never good. I feel bad for Calvin Johsnon...

^Thanks to Eaglez.Fan for the sweet sig!

Smokey Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2007, 02:17 AM    (permalink
Veteran

255979119 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smokey Joe View Post
Carr by far, but getting drafted by the Lions is never good. I feel bad for Calvin Johsnon...
Meh. He will be an all-pro then leave town and win a championship somewhere else.
255979119 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2007, 02:55 AM    (permalink
Dam8610
Team Leader
All-Pro

Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMadLionsFan View Post
more first round picks flame out that succeed
Maybe if you're a Lions or Browns fan, but in general, that's not at all the case.

The problem arises when people use statistics like a drunk uses a lamp post: for support instead of illumination.

If luck is where preparation meets opportunity, then clutch is where failure meets luck.

Quote:
<Add1ct> setting myself on fire can't be that hard
<Add1ct> but tackling a mosquito might prove a challenge
Dam8610 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2007, 05:27 AM    (permalink
awfullyquiet
Miss NFLDC
All-Pro

awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

poor harrington, i'm sure, if he was drafted into a better qb system. he'd be decent. but now he has such crappy skills and decision making, it'll be a miracle if he gets out alive.

carr will do fine in Carolina in a few years. he's young enough. he's got time. he's not a horrible qb.

United: "I actually went to the college I root for"
awfullyquiet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2007, 11:26 AM    (permalink
TheMadLionsFan
Rookie

TheMadLionsFan hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dam8610 View Post
Maybe if you're a Lions or Browns fan, but in general, that's not at all the case.
Care to back this up with research?.....take all of the first round picks from 2000 - 2005....tell me how many live up to their potential...
TheMadLionsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2007, 01:25 PM    (permalink
Dam8610
Team Leader
All-Pro

Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMadLionsFan View Post
Care to back this up with research?.....take all of the first round picks from 2000 - 2005....tell me how many live up to their potential...
Live up to their potential? That's a HIGHLY subjective measurement of success. Also, since the average span of an NFL career is about 3 years, going back to 2000 is a bit far, so giving first round picks a slightly longer average NFL life, I'll start with 2002. Let's just look at how many from each class are projected to start, how many have made Pro Bowls, and how many are out of the league.

2002:

Starters: 17
Pro Bowlers: 9
Out of League: 3

2003:

Starters: 20
Pro Bowlers: 6
Out of League: 2

2004:

Starters: 26
Pro Bowlers: 9
Out of League: 2

2005:

Starters: 26
Pro Bowlers: 3
Out of League: 0

I've included a link to the draft history of each draft on NFL.com, just in case you'd like to check/dispute my figures. A total of 7 1st round picks in those 4 years are no longer in the league, which is about 1/4 of the amount of Pro Bowlers the 1st round has produced in that time, and less than 1/12 of the amount of starters it has produced in that time. Like I said, unless you're the Lions or Browns, you'll more than likely have a successful 1st round pick.

The problem arises when people use statistics like a drunk uses a lamp post: for support instead of illumination.

If luck is where preparation meets opportunity, then clutch is where failure meets luck.

Quote:
<Add1ct> setting myself on fire can't be that hard
<Add1ct> but tackling a mosquito might prove a challenge
Dam8610 is offline   Reply With Quote